Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

L1011 wrote: »
    Every time *except* the last issue I had with RedC they've responded extremely quickly and sorted the issue out.

Last email didn't get replied to, though.

Fingers crossed they sort it out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Went from €1.50 to €10 over the weekend, must be pushing through payments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Went from 0.25c to €18 on IO this morning. Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

All except a very recent one finally went through for me too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

8.50 worth of the 30 for me

Also got an opinionworld payout mailing - or 5 of them! Ordered 5x€5 Boots tokens and got five envelopes. Rather quickly too, think I ordered Thursday or Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Woohoo €10 added to IO balance since this morning, not that I've been checking several times a day or anything! Good bit still pending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Has Acumen died - haven't had a survey from them in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No. I get at least one a week.

I have t had one in ages either, I used to get at least one a week before, they used to be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

does anyone know if Irish Opinions still have wow hd vouchers as a reward?

• Advertisement

does anyone know if Irish Opinions still have wow hd vouchers as a reward?

No, they don't:

Boots vouchers(Offline)
    Tesco vouchers(Offline)
    World Vision Ireland(Online donation)
    Eason.com eVoucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihavenoname3

Toxica wrote: »
    No, they don't:

Boots vouchers(Offline)
    Tesco vouchers(Offline)
    World Vision Ireland(Online donation)
    Eason.com eVoucher

just wondering because I know they used to, but wow hd seem to be in serious trouble, do you know when they stopped using wow hd?

just wondering because I know they used to, but wow hd seem to be in serious trouble, do you know when they stopped using wow hd?

Possibly when they started offering the Easons vouchers which was maybe about a year ago. I'm not sure I ever got a Wow HD voucher with them though, wish they'd go back to the Amazon vouchers tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vivab13

Toxica wrote: »
    Possibly when they started offering the Easons vouchers which was maybe about a year ago. I'm not sure I ever got a Wow HD voucher with them though, wish they'd go back to the Amazon vouchers tbh!

I got a voucher for wow hd because there was a DVD I wanted for under a tenner on it, unfortunately I never availed of Amazon ones. Just curious what do people get off them? I get the odd tesco/boots one for a treat but usually take easons one and pay a few euro for a book after the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

vivab13 wrote: »
    I got a voucher for wow hd because there was a DVD I wanted for under a tenner on it, unfortunately I never availed of Amazon ones. Just curious what do people get off them? I get the odd tesco/boots one for a treat but usually take easons one and pay a few euro for a book after the discount.

Once they discontinued Amazon vouchers I switched to Tesco. Handy for Christmas/ beer shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Signed up to RedC recently to see if it was worth it.

Got my first survey just now, mostly to do with alcohol.

I have gotten up to 77% and answered the current question and now can't go further. I tried going back a question and re answering but it still wont't let me progress.

My conclusion? It's ****ing bull****. The email said it would take 20min, its taken longer than that already and I'm only at 77%.

Needless to say, I will never in my life be bothered filling out another survey. I know there are some people out there with moderate success on these sites but for me, it just isn't worth my time.

Oh and all this for 4 euro!! LOL

Cavey wrote: »
    Signed up to RedC recently to see if it was worth it.

Got my first survey just now, mostly to do with alcohol.

I have gotten up to 77% and answered the current question and now can't go further. I tried going back a question and re answering but it still wont't let me progress.

My conclusion? It's ****ing bull****. The email said it would take 20min, its taken longer than that already and I'm only at 77%.

Needless to say, I will never in my life be bothered filling out another survey. I know there are some people out there with moderate success on these sites but for me, it just isn't worth my time.

Oh and all this for 4 euro!! LOL

RedC are probably the least troublesome of the survey sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

RedC are probably the least troublesome of the survey sites.

I like getting my €50 cheque. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NorthDublin1

Not worth the money.

Not worth the money.

Depends how much you need the money...

• Advertisement

Not worth the money.

As I earn over 800 a year for a few minutes filling in a survey over my morning coffee, it's hardly hard labour. But fine, less doing them gets more for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

vivab13 wrote: »

I always get a Tesco voucher and treat myself to strawberries, meringue and fresh cream and some cheap steak.

If I get multiple vouchers sent at once I will use them for my usual food shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

It's brainless clicking. You can waste your time on other peoples ugly children Facebook or waste your time and get paid for it. Currently sitting on €90 worth of Tesco vouchers, a RedC cheque and I have some cash backed up on Acumen.
    Of course it is a needless distraction if you'd otherwise be investing your time curing cancer or writing the Great Irish Novel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I wonder what type of people they're trying to screen out with this question?

http://imgur.com/Zw7yeX0

Now I got one with an opening question of "Are you currently in a coma?"

Does anyone else get these ridiculous types of questions?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Robots. Can be profitable enough to have an army of bots answering surveys. Dummy questions like this are far more common on surveys that pay cash (paypal, cheques even) than more traceable vouchers.

I spend my proceeds (tesco vouchers and cash, anyway - some sites do neither) on whiskey and pretty much only whiskey. Acumen bought me a nice bottle of Redbreast there last month and IO feed my Talisker consumption.

I wonder what type of people they're trying to screen out with this question?

http://imgur.com/Zw7yeX0

Now I got one with an opening question of "Are you currently in a coma?"

Does anyone else get these ridiculous types of questions?

Its the early mornings still drunk from the night before when a survey asks me "What day is it ?":confused:
    For ****s sake, if I wanted a nagging I'd have gotten married. Difficult stupid questions.

Its the early mornings still drunk from the night before when a survey asks me "What day is it ?":confused:
    For ****s sake, if I wanted a nagging I'd have gotten married. Difficult stupid questions.

Simply a question to ensure the respondent is reading the questions and not just clicking buttons. Hardly difficult or stupid. The plastic diet question is at a whole different level though.

Simply a question to ensure the respondent is reading the questions and not just clicking buttons. Hardly difficult or stupid. The plastic diet question is at a whole different level though.

You mean you don't eat your food wrappings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Can anyone give me a quick summary of which survey sites are worthwhile? I've been using redc for a while and find them good. Any others worth the effort?

• Advertisement

Can anyone give me a quick summary of which survey sites are worthwhile? I've been using redc for a while and find them good. Any others worth the effort?

RedC are reliable and the cheques are nice.
    Irish Opinions send a steady stream of surveys my way and if you live anywhere near a Tesco's they're dead handy. They also do Boots and Easons vouchers.
    Acumen seem to have good things said about them here and they do give you points even if you fail to qualify for a survey.

Advertisement