Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

cbreeze wrote:
    I was screened out of a REDC one for €3 the other day, after I had clicked the political party I would vote for if there was a General Election soon. I am used to being screened out of surveys for the usual reasons: age, location, level of education etc, but that was the first time my political intentions eliminated me! (I intended to vote for the Green Party).

I got the same survey and also picked the green party but wasn't screened out... I'd say for you it meant by that point they had enough answers from people who would vote green.
    bmc58 wrote:
    I'ts five working days now for cheques to clear.(From Permanent TSB anyway).

I'm with BOI and red c cheques are the only ones I ever lodge, but for me it clears in hours if it's during business hours or next morning if it's out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,080 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its also possible that a specific party wanted to see what their voters - or their potential target voters - were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

L1011 wrote: »
    Could you multi-quote rather than do a post per reply please bmc58?

Sorry,L1011,I don't know how to to that and don't really understand what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bmc58 wrote: »
    Sorry,L1011,I don't know how to to that and don't really understand what you mean.

The mod means you are quoting & addressing several posts one after the other rather than one post from yourself With the multi quote option, like Booters has done above
    Takes up less space on the page I guess

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The mod means you are quoting & addressing several posts one after the other rather than one post from yourself With the multi quote option, like Booters has done above
    Takes up less space on the page I guess

I'm still learning the do's and dont's on Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not a survey with any monetary gain, but one which we should all do if you have 5 minutes spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

delly wrote: »
    Not a survey with any monetary gain, but one which we should all do if you have 5 minutes spare.

No link showing up, presume you meant the COVID study from NUIG, link below, everyone should give it the few minutes required.

https://www.nuigalway.ie/corona-study/ - CLOSED

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I'm still learning the do's and dont's on Boards.

I wouldn't worry. I'm on Boards over ten years and still don't know how to multiquote on mobile.

I got a strange email from MOBROG saying I haven’t been active for a long time, I’m doing their surveys daily and cashing out every week now since covid19 and before that it was nearly twice a week
    Must be a mistake but weird all the same

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

kmart6 wrote: »
    No link showing up, presume you meant the COVID study from NUIG, link below, everyone should give it the few minutes required.

https://www.nuigalway.ie/corona-study/

I did indeed mean that one, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

delly wrote: »
    I did indeed mean that one, cheers.

Says the survey is already expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Think IO is stuck in a time loop. All ive been offered for the past few days is the same 2 surveys. One Cint one that doesn't start and another asking me to download the zoom app. I'll get the message on the dashboard saying no surveys available then those 2 reappear again.

I've had 50c in over 2 weeks now from IO. Did well in March but ground to a halt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Dodgy crowd them greenies.

i got screened out straight away .. but i put sinn fein.. guess the greens and sinners are not wanted.. lol

Unusual one from IO today.4 minute survey on Social Topics for €0.00.Did it anyway,just one question about anyone in the family suffering from various covid 19 symptoms.I said no.Survey over.

Unusual one from IO today.4 minute survey on Social Topics for €0.00.Did it anyway,just one question about anyone in the family suffering from various covid 19 symptoms.I said no.Survey over.

That survey is supposed to be coming up every day but it's appearing a lot less now and never had the €0.00 attaches to it before. I it wasn't even a survey before. Would automatically come up with that question when you were finished a survey or being told there wasn't any.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Says the survey is already expired?
    Was only open for a 24 hour window.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ballina1953

anybody know how much 20,000 with user needs
    been with them for years and have never cashed out
    tks in advance

anybody know how much 20,000 with user needs
    been with them for years and have never cashed out
    tks in advance

Would have been quicker to check the website than ask here
    18000 points is €25

i got screened out straight away .. but i put sinn fein.. guess the greens and sinners are not wanted.. lol

Got a €3 survey from RED C today and one of the first question I got was my political preference were there to be an election.( I remembered your post)but put Sinn Fein as my first preference anyway.Got to do the survey ok.

Got a €3 survey from RED C today and one of the first question I got was my political preference were there to be an election.( I remembered your post)but put Sinn Fein as my first preference anyway.Got to do the survey ok.

You mean you told lies :eek:

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You mean you told lies :eek:

I have never fibbed in a survey(fingers crossed).But I vote Sinn Fein and am not afraid to say so anywhere.

Any survey that asks that is either:

a: for a party so they either want their own voters, or specific opposition voters
    b: using it to get a politically representative sample; so if more than 30-whatever% have answered SF, FF or FG already (and so on down the other options) those quotas are full

Its really no different than when you get booted out on age and gender as is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i got that same one on redc through cint i think, and have one of the symptoms (but would have it anyway due to other health issues) it was fairly short, and about what ye might think, got a euro for it..

Clicked that Business & Employment one that's been lingering on the IO dashboard the other day. Clicking it led to other surveys that wouldn't start so tried just now and it started only to give a screen saying I already had a survey in progress.

No, I don't.

Got a €5 survey from RedC today.Answered all the pre survey questions,but again as usual when it got to my employment status..bang, screened out again.I can do €1 to €4 surveys mostly without being screened out but just can't get a €5 survey going.Almost at the stage when I will see a €5 survey of just deleting it.Most frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

What is the accepted wisdom on doing the same survey more than once, from different providers? I generally try not to do so, because I guessed doing it again would cause problems.

Until recently, the only sites I used were Irish Opinions, Userneeds and Opinions.ie. I would sometimes get an error-like message on Userneeds that seemed to suggest I'd done that survey before.

I've signed up for a number of new survey sites recently, however, and am seeing the same surveys repeatedly.

The most farcical was last week. I completed a survey from Opinions.ie. The next day, I got an invitation from MOBROG for the same survey. I exited the survey, but within 5 minutes, got an invitation from Triaba for the exact same survey! :eek:

Particularly concerning to see a survey from Opinions.ie somewhere else, as I thought they were unique to that site.

Are there any sites, apart from Red C, that you can reliably find unique surveys, to avoid the duplicates problem?

Edit: forgot to mention https://www.mediaopinionsireland.ie/ has unique surveys. Miserly payouts though.

Do it too often and you'll be booted off panels, basically. So just do them once.

Do surveys on the highest paying site offering them when you can; obviously this is no use if you've done it for 50c somewhere and it turns up for more elsewhere!

Acumen and iReach rarely carry others surveys and are rarely seen elsewhere (and they'd pay more for them themselves too) but while both are OK payers there are very few surveys.

troched wrote: »
    What is the accepted wisdom on doing the same survey more than once, from different providers? I generally try not to do so, because I guessed doing it again would cause problems.

Until recently, the only sites I used were Irish Opinions, Userneeds and Opinions.ie. I would sometimes get an error-like message on Userneeds that seemed to suggest I'd done that survey before.

I've signed up for a number of new survey sites recently, however, and am seeing the same surveys repeatedly.

The most farcical was last week. I completed a survey from Opinions.ie. The next day, I got an invitation from MOBROG for the same survey. I exited the survey, but within 5 minutes, got an invitation from Triaba for the exact same survey! :eek:

Particularly concerning to see a survey from Opinions.ie somewhere else, as I thought they were unique to that site.

Are there any sites, apart from Red C, that you can reliably find unique surveys, to avoid the duplicates problem?

Edit: forgot to mention https://www.mediaopinionsireland.ie/ has unique surveys. Miserly payouts though.

Just don't do the the same survey on another site.Your account will be closed for doing this.Many of the sites have at times the same surveys going around.Just delete a survey that you have done already on another site if you want to continue on several sites.If you don't you will be found out after a while.RED C surveys are not unique as they often use surveys from Cint and Toluna.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody got the email with there online credit card yet off RedC?

• Advertisement

Just don't do the the same survey on another site.Your account will be closed for doing this.Many of the sites have at times the same surveys going around.Just delete a survey that you have done already on another site if you want to continue on several sites.If you don't you will be found out after a while.RED C surveys are not unique as they often use surveys from Cint and Toluna.

Triaba and Lifepoints are linked somewhat also.

Advertisement