Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

bluewolf wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Food Academy?
    No
    Which of the following have you purchased from the Food Academy?
    ??
    Which of these statements would you agree with about the Food Academy?
    ???
    If we told you x about the FA, have you heard of this?
    Heard of what??? You just told me
    Have you purchased prodcts from the FA in -shop-?
    ???

Who even designs these

Had the exact same thought process doing that one. I don't mind too much, it's easy to complete and I just give it an awful rating when I'm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

L1011 wrote: »
    Just did a €19 survey that errored out. Took a screenshot of the completion page before it went back to IO though.

Still no RedC cheque

Did they answer you yet?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Have you heard of the Food Academy?
    No
    Which of the following have you purchased from the Food Academy?
    ??
    Which of these statements would you agree with about the Food Academy?
    ???
    If we told you x about the FA, have you heard of this?
    Heard of what??? You just told me
    Have you purchased prodcts from the FA in -shop-?
    ???

Who even designs these

Haha yah, I facepalmed at this also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mishonee wrote: »
    Did they answer you yet?

No

Just screened from a Userneeds survey that asked had I been to a list of places in the last 12 months - which were the list of places that are in the EU but not in the EU tax area (Gibraltar, Aland Islands, Reunion, etc). I suspect there won't be many who have!

jluv wrote: »
    Not Red C but IO...
    Ordered Tesco gift cards on the 16th November but not recieved them. Disappointed as wanted to use them for Christmas and thought I had given enough time:(

Must be something wrong. I'm always waiting max 2 weeks for gift card from IO. Last one, ordered at 7 Dec I've got at 15 Dec. Have another ordered at 16 and today, will see when they will come. Anyway you are waiting quite long so maybe you should write them.

Even Toluna was quite fast. I've waited 2 weeks for 15 € on Paypal.

• Advertisement

No

Just screened from a Userneeds survey that asked had I been to a list of places in the last 12 months - which were the list of places that are in the EU but not in the EU tax area (Gibraltar, Aland Islands, Reunion, etc). I suspect there won't be many who have!

I've got an answer from IO. They have credited me 4 € for that survey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've got an answer from IO. They have credited me 4 € for that survey.

I would not be even vaguely happy with €4 considering it took three hours; and showed a successful completion.

I would not be even vaguely happy with €4 considering it took three hours; and showed a successful completion.

I remember it said 4 euros on the IO site for the Multimedia survey. After clicking the survey and being redirected to it, it said you can get 19 € for that. Quite confusing. Yet they assured me that my responses won't be passed to the company because the survey appears as not finished, even tho I delivered the screens showing I've completed the survey :))

The one I went through from was originally 75c - if they try pawn me off with that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just had

Where do you shop? A. Dunnes.

Rate Tesco under the following 25 headings, none of which are 'I don't know'
    I gave neutral for all and told them in the assessment that my answers were useless to them.

Then IO gave me a brainjuicer one about utilities that had 15 second time limits on answers - my typing is low so mostly incomplete answers.

Then asked for comments on companies and asked in the next question what my feelings were about the comment I had just made. What the...???

Still 4.5 from IO
    this morning for rubbish answers.

• Advertisement

Brainjuicer surveys are insane. Not sure how they get anything of value from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Currently stuck in an IO survey on Consumer Goods.
    35 minute survey, €2.50.
    I would imagine I'm almost done.. waiting on an advertisement to play over 5 minutes. Refreshed the page and it reloaded the advertisement countdown 3, 2, 1 and then back to the black screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Westeros wrote:
    Currently stuck in an IO survey on Consumer Goods. 23 minute survey, €2.50. I would imagine I'm almost done.. waiting on an advertisement to play over 5 minutes. Refreshed the page and it reloaded the advertisement countdown 3, 2, 1 and then back to the black screen

Have you adblocker enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Have you adblocker enabled?

Nope no ad blocker. Advertisement before that played, and the video at the beginning, the tester to make sure you can see and hear the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Conchir wrote: »
    Had the exact same thought process doing that one. I don't mind too much, it's easy to complete and I just give it an awful rating when I'm done.

I did the same :o

Also just got my very first RedC cheque, so thank you to whoever told me about them on here earlier this year :D

Waited about 3-4 weeks for the cheque incase anyone else is waiting on one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I've just received that 19 euro survey but I'm hesitant whether to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliet12

RedC has the highest payment to effort rate of all the sites by a huge margin - if its just the waiting til 50 that's the issue you need to figure out how to reassign your patience, because IO uses far more of your time!
    Hi. What pages do you recommend to start with surveys ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliet12

Hi. What pages do you recommend to start with surveys ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Hi, I did that 19euro one, took me 3 hours to complete, it was done in 3 parts, then at the very end it errored out and i got nothing! 3 hours! Very lame. I sent Irish opinions a message telling them what happenned but they needed a number from an email, but i didnt do it from an email, it did it straight from the IO website by clicking surveys. I am really concerned that some crowd have alot of info about me now. IO have yet to get back to me on the whole thing. I told them everything i could about the time i did it, what ir was about etc, so hoping something is done!

scientist wrote: »
    Hi, I did that 19euro one, took me 3 hours to complete, it was done in 3 parts, then at the very end it errored out and i got nothing! 3 hours! Very lame. I sent Irish opinions a message telling them what happenned but they needed a number from an email, but i didnt do it from an email, it did it straight from the IO website by clicking surveys. I am really concerned that some crowd have alot of info about me now. IO have yet to get back to me on the whole thing. I told them everything i could about the time i did it, what ir was about etc, so hoping something is done!

Yep, I've had the same problem and after contacting support I've got credited 4 €. I'm looking forward for an info how it ended for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yep, I've had the same problem and after contacting support I've got credited 4 €. I'm looking forward for an info how it ended for you.

I just took the same survey and got the same error message.Did you not complain about only receiving €4? that's a disgrace!

Has anyone else contacted IO on this and had a result and if so did you contact them directly from the survey page or through the website.Thanks

I contacted them through the website but i have no survey number or anything so ill be lucky to get anything from them! All i had was a link to the error message, which i included in the message.

NATLOR wrote: »
    I just took the same survey and got the same error message.Did you not complain about only receiving €4? that's a disgrace!

Has anyone else contacted IO on this and had a result and if so did you contact them directly from the survey page or through the website.Thanks

That survey had a bit confusing value as I remember. Right on IO site it was saying 4 € for the survey, but when I clicked it, the very first line of the survey said I'll get 19 € for completing the survey.

scientist wrote: »
    I contacted them through the website but i have no survey number or anything so ill be lucky to get anything from them! All i had was a link to the error message, which i included in the message.

I had no invite to survey number either. They tracked me with the infos I gave them such as day/hour, how long it took me, name of survey. I also gave them all the links from history redirecting to that survey and screenshots showing step by step the completing survey process ( showing exactly I've finished all the parts and completed survey).

I had no invite to survey number either. They tracked me with the infos I gave them such as day/hour, how long it took me, name of survey. I also gave them all the links from history redirecting to that survey and screenshots showing step by step the completing survey process ( showing exactly I've finished all the parts and completed survey).

I have replied directly from the survey e mail, the e mail states its a 60 minute survey with a €4 reward but in the next line says 'please note this survey is 3 hours long and in order to receive full reward of €19 all 3 hours must be completed'
    I got an automated reply to my query but dont expect to hear anything till later next week.

Well at least theres some comfort in the knowledge that it has happened to alot of people and therefore they will believe us at least! I've had these things happen before and I've got no response back ever, let alone reimburstments.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Got offered that €4/€19 survey yesterday and opted not to do it in the light of other people's experience here.

3 hours and MAYBE getting €4 sometime in the future after chasing it up? Thanks, but no thanks!

Still interested to hear how others got on with their appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,614 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Got offered that €4/€19 survey yesterday and opted not to do it in the light of other people's experience here.

3 hours and MAYBE getting €4 sometime in the future after chasing it up? Thanks, but no thanks!

Still interested to hear how others got on with their appeals.
    Snap.

So I got a response today saying they have contacted their partner regarding this and payments are being processed and to allow up to two weeks for payment.
    I just replied saying i have no problem waiting for payment but my concern is I never got to the IO feedback page to complete the survey and submit for payment.
    Will update when I hear back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

So here is my final tally for the year, worth noting that I started most in may except for IO which I did all year.

Next year I am going to aim for €1,000 and do them year round

Acumen €30 (+ €4.67 pending)
    AIB survey €50
    Ask Me Pay Me €9.70 (+€3.50 pending)
    Ideas Panel €50 (+€17.45 pending)
    Ireach €20 (+5.75 pending)
    IO €150 (+€6.85 pending)
    Mysurvey €25 (+€10 pending)
    Opinion World €80 (+€4 pending)
    Red C €50 (+€28 pending)
    Shop & Scan €10 (+€8 pending)
    Toluna €30 (+€12 pending)
    Triaba €6 (+€0.50 pending)
    Userneeds €20 (+€4 pending)

Gives me grand total of €530.70 + €104.72 in pending so technically €635.42

My goal is €1,000 next year.... probably ridiculous goal but who knows :-)

Advertisement