Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So I completed the monstrously long three-part 'national survey' on Irish Opinions for €19 yesterday but when I got to the end I received an error message! I'm not happy!!

I emailed them to complain but only an automated response from them so far. I recall someone here had the same issue recently? Did you get sorted? I took the precaution of taking a screenshot of the error page just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Multiple people have had issues with it; nobody as yet has said they have had it go successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

Hi, I'm doing surveys also for several websites since November last. I'm thinking about using the funds generated to pay for gifts next christmas. Will these companies allow a person to keep the money in the form of points in their account over the year and then cash them all out at the same time in september or october?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

scientist wrote: »
    Hi, I'm doing surveys also for several websites since November last. I'm thinking about using the funds generated to pay for gifts next christmas. Will these companies allow a person to keep the money in the form of points in their account over the year and then cash them all out at the same time in september or october?

Absolutely. Some , like RedC , pay out automatically but most hold the credit until you look for it. Most vouchers have a very long encashment period anyway. I get them many of them as they accrue and just hold them until Christmas.

Thats great, will be doing that so. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tallpaul wrote: »
    So I completed the monstrously long three-part 'national survey' on Irish Opinions for €19 yesterday but when I got to the end I received an error message! I'm not happy!!

I emailed them to complain but only an automated response from them so far. I recall someone here had the same issue recently? Did you get sorted? I took the precaution of taking a screenshot of the error page just in case.

I've had a couple of emails from them regarding this. Last one said they were aware of the problem and were contacting the survey provider and it would take up to two weeks for payment. That was about 9 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, they will - but why not cash out as you go along and keep the gift cards in your piggy box or other safe place. What happens if one of these businesses goes bust in the month before you're due to cash out? I'm not having a go at any of these businesses, but it seems like a foolish risk to take. I'd rather have Tesco gift cards than IrishOpinions account credit any day.

I was just afraid that the vouchers have a 6 month lifetime or something in small print

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

scientist wrote:
    I was just afraid that the vouchers have a 6 month lifetime or something in small print

Check the t&c's then. That's why they're there.
    Some points may expire after a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've never had any with less than a year.

• Advertisement

That 19 euro survey is up on mysurvey.ie now also. I've already been conned by it so won't be doing this one. Irishopinions never got back to me about it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

That 19 euro survey is up on mysurvey.ie now also. I've already been conned by it so won't be doing this one. Irishopinions never got back to me about it at all.
    It is not working there correctly either, so don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Mishonee wrote: »
    It is not working there correctly either, so don't bother.

I did this on mysurvey.ie a while back and took screenshots of the "congratulations you have completed all 3 sections of this survey and your answers have been recorded" screen which I emailed them about and have got no reply,

Very annoying as it took a long time to do the survey. I have decided to email them once a week on the same trail until I get my points

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

More pish from RedC, check this nonsense out. I've had this come up before but this time it doesn't even make sense. Never even asked for my DOB before the survey.
    Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers.  Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures - When entering your date of birth you said that your age was and at the second age question you said that your age was "25 to 34". Then at the first household composition question you said that there were people in your household and at the second question you said that there were "0" people under 18 in your household and "1" people aged 18 or over in your household. We ask that you answer all questions carefully and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account. Kind regards, PopulusLive Survey Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

malcy wrote:
    More pish from RedC, check this nonsense out. I've had this come up before but this time it doesn't even make sense. Never even asked for my DOB before the survey.

Was just logging in here to post the exact same.
    Never asked any of the usual verification questions at the beginning here either.

To be fair to RedC, this is the first time this has happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The above has never happened to me, I have only ever screened out due demographic or because I guess the sound questions when in work (can't turn the volume on).

The survey they just emailed worked fine for me although I did notice that they didn't ask for the DOB at the start or any other demographic questions except for is there anyone under the age of 18 in your household, to which I responded no.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

malcy wrote: »

The very first screen on every RedC survey is a DOB confirmation page. If this has gone missing, something is likely screwed up on their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got one before Christmas in a very similar vein.I It was indicated that early in the survey I has stated I was in the 30-44 (per my date of birth) age group but later I said I was in the 31-45 age group. Accordingly, Inconsistencies...blah, blah.

So I emailed RedC - got an email a day ago crediting my account.
    Something is broken in the validation.

It was a Populus Live survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

L1011 wrote: »
    The very first screen on every RedC survey is a DOB confirmation page. If this has gone missing, something is likely screwed up on their systems.

Completed a survey with Red C today - no usual DOB Q at the start. However, no problem finishing it and I was credited ok.

As for the mixed up age range thing, this happened to me once before and I queried it as it was a contradiction in their own questions. Finally got credit for it as they acknowledged it was an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I complained about that one to info@redclive.ie earlier and they replied and credited me within hours.

Good response from them, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

jluv wrote: »
    Not Red C but IO...
    Ordered Tesco gift cards on the 16th November but not recieved them. Disappointed as wanted to use them for Christmas and thought I had given enough time:(
    I never did receive these gift cards but e mailed them again this morning and they have recredited the points to my account today so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scoiltreasa

I can't seem to login or do any surveys on Irish Opinions. . It says survey service unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

After over 18 months, I finally reached 8000 with Userneeds; never again. Too many 30 point jobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I completed this survey, doing each section separately with MySurvey (before I had read about the issues people were having with this survey on IO) and to my surprise it credited as soon as I completed section 3 and it brought me above my cash out value on MySurvey. Cashed out €20 and almost at another.

Westeros wrote: »
    I completed this survey, doing each section separately with MySurvey (before I had read about the issues people were having with this survey on IO) and to my surprise it credited as soon as I completed section 3 and it brought me above my cash out value on MySurvey. Cashed out €20 and almost at another.

I did all three with mysurvey.ie too but got an error at the end so frustrating, have sent them numerous emails with screenshots showing i completed all 3 sections but no reply. Really annoyed about this one as it took ages to complete

Cork2015! wrote: »
    I did all three with mysurvey.ie too but got an error at the end so frustrating, have sent them numerous emails with screenshots showing i completed all 3 sections but no reply. Really annoyed about this one as it took ages to complete

Yeah same here. I've send them today another request about it. Also, it is kinda odd but exactly the same survey is back for me to choose in mysurvey.ie but it says I cannot do it because I have already finished it :D

Mishonee wrote: »
    Yeah same here. I've send them today another request about it.

Let me know if you hear anything back and I will let you know if I get a reply :-)

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Let me know if you hear anything back and I will let you know if I get a reply :-)

Sure thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Irish Opinions sent me a response following my complaint over the failure message on the huge 3-part survey advising that payment are being made for the survey and if I don't get paid in the next couple of weeks to contact them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tallpaul wrote: »
    Irish Opinions sent me a response following my complaint over the failure message on the huge 3-part survey advising that payment are being made for the survey and if I don't get paid in the next couple of weeks to contact them again.

I got a similar response today saying "due to the error that occurred they need to manually gather members details in order for payments to be made. Please allow a few weeks for this"

Advertisement