Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

dee_mc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used the 'buy a scratchcard for 400 points' option on Userneeds? Chances of winning anything?
    I'm currently on 7080 points, what does that equate to in real money?
    Maybe I'm just thick but I can't find that information on the page!

Have NEVER won anything on the scratch card, don't waste your points. I think you can cash out at 8,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Has anyone ever used the 'buy a scratchcard for 400 points' option on Userneeds? Chances of winning anything?
    I'm currently on 7080 points, what does that equate to in real money?
    Maybe I'm just thick but I can't find that information on the page!

I think I bought about 5 scratchcards, never won anything and started saving my points instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Save your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks all, that's what I figured. Isn't there another survey company that gives you the option of entries for a prize draw instead of earning points? I'm sure I read on this thread that someone here had had some success in the prize draws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

L1011 wrote: »
    There were people taking the piss on iReach - it couldn't continue. 8 posts in a row sometimes.

Theres always a few to ruin things for everyone

• Advertisement

How long does IdeasPanel take to send rewards? Is the Amazon reward an e gift card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Toxica wrote: »
    How long does IdeasPanel take to send rewards? Is the Amazon reward an e gift card?

it takes 2 or 3 weeks to come by email, yes its an e gift card.

Thanks all, that's what I figured. Isn't there another survey company that gives you the option of entries for a prize draw instead of earning points? I'm sure I read on this thread that someone here had had some success in the prize draws?

Toluna have sweepstakes/draws for phones, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Survey just in from IO. €0.75 for a 5-10 min survey on hotels but the offer of €9 for a folllow up 10 min phone call. Never had that offer from a survey before so went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Do people here keep any record of the surveys they complete or do you just trust that they will be credited sometime? The reason I ask is that RedC are now claiming that I was screened out of a survey I definitely completed and have been waiting to be credited for for weeks. I even have an earlier reply from them saying that the research wasn't completed and that's why I wasn't credited.

I am 100% sure of this particular survey because it was bringing me up to a €50 payment - for the entire year. I also completed a €4 one a few days ago and hoped it would be enough to get the payment through for December. However, they say it won't be credited until December, meaning that the payment will not be made until January :(

I'm beginning to think that there could be a lot of other surveys I've not received any credit for as I wasn't keeping a check on them ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I generally trust them but its easier to monitor RedC surveys as they're not as frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

iReach tend to offer a choice between entering their prize draw for One4All cards and earning points (50c each)

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Do people here keep any record of the surveys they complete or do you just trust that they will be credited sometime? The reason I ask is that RedC are now claiming that I was screened out of a survey I definitely completed and have been waiting to be credited for for weeks. I even have an earlier reply from them saying that the research wasn't completed and that's why I wasn't credited.

I am 100% sure of this particular survey because it was bringing me up to a €50 payment - for the entire year. I also completed a €4 one a few days ago and hoped it would be enough to get the payment through for December. However, they say it won't be credited until December, meaning that the payment will not be made until January :(

I'm beginning to think that there could be a lot of other surveys I've not received any credit for as I wasn't keeping a check on them ...

Always keep track! It will let you figure out if a site isn't worth your time, or isn't crediting fairly.
    I have found that RED C surveys can take ages to credit, but they always seem to add up correctly in the end.

malcy wrote: »
    Survey just in from IO. €0.75 for a 5-10 min survey on hotels but the offer of €9 for a folllow up 10 min phone call. Never had that offer from a survey before so went for it.

:D:D:D
    Make a note of the date and time of the call, and keep all emails relating to the survey! I got that survey a while ago, and it didn't credit until I emailed the people responsible for the survey (outside of IO) to remind them!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Email I suspect everyone will get, but Shop & Scan are giving December 6th as the last date to order vouchers before Christmas. I doubt this impacts automatic delivery e-vouchers

It'd be nice if other sites gave such explicit info on times - for instance I would be wary of expecting another IO voucher run before Christmas now.

Always keep track! It will let you figure out if a site isn't worth your time, or isn't crediting fairly.
    I have found that RED C surveys can take ages to credit, but they always seem to add up correctly in the end.

I had a record of the one I queried that wasn't credited, including the invitation email. But they insist I was screened out, when I know for a fact I wasn't - so not much use keeping records in that case, unless we take screenshots of the final screen - which I now plan to do.
    However, having challenged their 'screening out' claim, they have finally awarded the points as a gesture of goodwill. Though it was a result, it still leaves me feeling :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

€15 O4A card arrived today with no originator printed on the letter - so unless I've got a strange benefactor, iReach have done a payment run.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Payment really bad fr

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Payment really bad from Toluna. When I got to 20,000 points I ordered a 5 voucher. I waited three months for voucher and turns out nothing on the card. Would never do survey for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Couple of Red C surveys paid in yesterday/today.... in case anyone is waiting on some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Took an IO survey for €2 on supermarkets today got right to the end and clicked a submit to finish button and kept getting an error.Anyone have this happen? Sent a message, hope the are better at answering these days

NATLOR wrote: »
    Took an IO survey for €2 on supermarkets today got right to the end and clicked a submit to finish button and kept getting an error.Anyone have this happen? Sent a message, hope the are better at answering these days

Best to take a screenshot of where you got to if it's still open. Anything else seems to trigger a 'screened out' result IME :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had that on another recently. I emailed by reply to their email and they credited me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

OpinionsWorld have been rather slow lately sending Amazon gift cards to my email, it used to take 10 minutes to arrive in my inbox after redeeming whereas now it takes days. Which is annoying as I ordered some a couple of days ago specifically to use while buying a new GPU on black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I had the same thing recently and I messaged them on two occasions but I haven't heard anything back as yet.
    I'm not sure how efficient they are with the message section on their website though.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Westeros wrote: »
    I had the same thing recently and I messaged them on two occasions but I haven't heard anything back as yet.
    I'm not sure how efficient they are with the message section on their website though.

I had one this week that kicked me out after i got the final question about whether or not i enjoyed the survey, emailed them and took a few emails and screenshots back and forth but they credited me in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Cork2015! wrote: »
    I had one this week that kicked me out after i got the final question about whether or not i enjoyed the survey, emailed them and took a few emails and screenshots back and forth but they credited me in the end

What email did you use? Just a reply to the survey email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Westeros wrote: »
    What email did you use? Just a reply to the survey email?

Yes, that's the quickest and most responsive way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DId anyone else find themselves dumped out to an error page right at the very end of the 75c paint survey?
    [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]lbl_technicalerror_header[/font]
    lbl_technicalerror_text1
    lbl_technicalerror_text2 [email=lbl_privacy_mailLink]lbl_privacy_Contactus_Link[/email]
    lbl_technicalerror_thankyou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

DId anyone else find themselves dumped out to an error page right at the very end of the 75c paint survey?

That's what I got the end of the survey I mentioned above,emailed through the website and from the survey link (3 days ago) but heard nothing back yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Did you get the 75c?
    Nope, not at the time - and just double-checked again now, and nothing yet.

I've replied to the survey email, so hopefully they will sort it soon.

Advertisement