Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Right im only on page 29 but i cant get enough of this thread, its amazing. Ive a few stories myself (all secondhand thank God) from my family.

The first is one my grandad told my dad once and once only. Before i begin i should probably say that my dad's father was the most down to earth, by the book, mass every sunday, never miss a day of work, logical, even unimaginative man which is not to insult him but more to say that he would have had no time for silly fantasies and made up stories. One thing however did happen to him as a young man which he couldnt explain and, as ive already made clear, he wouldnt have made up either. While in his early twenties i believe he was a bit short on cash as he had only recently moved from the country to Dublin and was still in the process of looking for a job. He ended up booking into a halfway house type place for a night as it was cheap (Cant remember where it was) and was given a room at the top floor, it was the kind of room that the stairs lead right up to the door and is the only room on that floor. So he settled in for the night, eventually falling asleep only to be woken up a short while later by someone walking up and down the stairs, the person would rythemically and slowly climb the stairs until they got to my grandads door, wait a few seconds, turn around and walk slowly back down. Now my grandad being a straightforward kind of guy merely thought it was someone lost in the dark or the landlady checking things but it was keeping him awake so he became more and more irritated with it. After a few times he jumped out of bed to confront the person, waited til the got to the top, flung the door open only to find nobody there (Surprise surprise considering the thread :D). While I in this situation would have wet myself my grandad just shrugged it off and closed the door. He turned around and as he started to walk back to bed he was thumped in the back with enough force to send him flying into the bed, he switched lights on, checked every crevice of the room, looked down the stairs but found nothing and with no money to go elsewhere he eventually just went back to his bed and went to sleep! The next morning, without mentioning specifics, he asked the landlady about any peculiarities with the buildings history, she wasnt aware of any so he forgot about it and moved on. It was only later that he was told that building most certainly did have a history, apparently during the war of independence the IRA had tracked one or more black and tans there where they had been lodged and assassinated them in the basement.

My mother has a weird story as well but one is enough for now i think. Time for me to go back to reading this great thread, i havent even made it out of 2008 yet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Right im only on page 29 but i cant get enough of this thread, its amazing. Ive a few stories myself (all secondhand thank God) from my family.

The first is one my grandad told my dad once and once only. Before i begin i should probably say that my dad's father was the most down to earth, by the book, mass every sunday, never miss a day of work, logical, even unimaginative man which is not to insult him but more to say that he would have had no time for silly fantasies and made up stories. One thing however did happen to him as a young man which he couldnt explain and, as ive already made clear, he wouldnt have made up either. While in his early twenties i believe he was a bit short on cash as he had only recently moved from the country to Dublin and was still in the process of looking for a job. He ended up booking into a halfway house type place for a night as it was cheap (Cant remember where it was) and was given a room at the top floor, it was the kind of room that the stairs lead right up to the door and is the only room on that floor. So he settled in for the night, eventually falling asleep only to be woken up a short while later by someone walking up and down the stairs, the person would rythemically and slowly climb the stairs until they got to my grandads door, wait a few seconds, turn around and walk slowly back down. Now my grandad being a straightforward kind of guy merely thought it was someone lost in the dark or the landlady checking things but it was keeping him awake so he became more and more irritated with it. After a few times he jumped out of bed to confront the person, waited til the got to the top, flung the door open only to find nobody there (Surprise surprise considering the thread :D). While I in this situation would have wet myself my grandad just shrugged it off and closed the door. He turned around and as he started to walk back to bed he was thumped in the back with enough force to send him flying into the bed, he switched lights on, checked every crevice of the room, looked down the stairs but found nothing and with no money to go elsewhere he eventually just went back to his bed and went to sleep! The next morning, without mentioning specifics, he asked the landlady about any peculiarities with the buildings history, she wasnt aware of any so he forgot about it and moved on. It was only later that he was told that building most certainly did have a history, apparently during the war of independence the IRA had tracked one or more black and tans there where they had been lodged and assassinated them in the basement.

My mother has a weird story as well but one is enough for now i think. Time for me to go back to reading this great thread, i havent even made it out of 2008 yet !

Thanks for sharing that, that was a great story to read, and i have no doubts whatsoever that it is a true story. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

dr gonzo wrote: »

Really enjoyed that story and most definatley true id have no dout..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 missymoo2011

My mam has been experiencing paranormal activities since she was 3! She swears that they're ghost but I'm not sure.
    She wakes up nearly every night and sees 3 figures at the end of her bed, a man, a woman and a young girl. This happens not matter where she is! She literally jumps up in her sleep and wakes my dad up and tries to show him but he can't see and when ive been with her i can't either! She sees other figures aswell. I just don't understand why only she can see them! My dad and i had always been skeptical of this until it one night!

My Grandad was just about to pass from cancer and my family went to stay in my granny and grandads home for a while. As there was no beds left in the house my family had to stay with my auntie in her house. That night my mam woke up panicking and in a sweat at 5.00ish and seen a young man with blonde curly hair at the end of her bed. She knew that something wasn't wrong so she ran into my aunties bedroom and told that they had to go to my grannys house now, something was wrong! Just as my auntie was getting out of her bed she got a phone call to say the grandad had just passed at 5.00!

When my mam mentioned it to my granny she told her that when she had first met grandad that he had blonde curly hair! My mam nd her family are convinced it was grandad saying goodbye! My mam would not make this up! I think its kind of comforting in a way, but i still don't really no what to think!

Brilliant thread by the way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

My mam has been experiencing paranormal activities since she was 3! She swears that they're ghost but I'm not sure.
    She wakes up nearly every night and sees 3 figures at the end of her bed, a man, a woman and a young girl. This happens not matter where she is! She literally jumps up in her sleep and wakes my dad up and tries to show him but he can't see and when ive been with her i can't either! She sees other figures aswell. I just don't understand why only she can see them! My dad and i had always been skeptical of this until it one night!

My Grandad was just about to pass from cancer and my family went to stay in my granny and grandads home for a while. As there was no beds left in the house my family had to stay with my auntie in her house. That night my mam woke up panicking and in a sweat at 5.00ish and seen a young man with blonde curly hair at the end of her bed. She knew that something wasn't wrong so she ran into my aunties bedroom and told that they had to go to my grannys house now, something was wrong! Just as my auntie was getting out of her bed she got a phone call to say the grandad had just passed at 5.00!

When my mam mentioned it to my granny she told her that when she had first met grandad that he had blonde curly hair! My mam nd her family are convinced it was grandad saying goodbye! My mam would not make this up! I think its kind of comforting in a way, but i still don't really no what to think!

Brilliant thread by the way!:D

Stands to reason then that the other three figures are likely long passed family members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

We should make an index of all the ghost stories. It would make it a lot easier to navigate through.

Anyone up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Turnstyle

My story also relates to about 5/6 years ago, its a bit weird as opposed to a true ghost story...
    A couple of times over a two/three month period I had taken some mild acid trips, not real hallucinations as such, just a bit of a laugh. Anyway, one night in bed (I went to bed sober) on a week night about a month after the last time I had taken them I woke in my bed to a feeling of pure terror, I was instantly wide awake with zero drowsiness, I felt like someone was physically pinning my head to the pillow.. just off of the left hand side of the bottom of my bed i could see a small girl of 6/7 years of age, standing slightly stooped in a silent gaze at me. At this point I was completely frozen with fear and terror but after about 3 minutes or so I managed to gather my thoughts slightly and remembered I had previously heard somewhere that sleep paralysis was a common side effect to taking trips.. after another couple of minutes I slowly began to see that the little girl was in fact a low height office chair I had left in my room with some coats draped around it... got myself back together, put it to the back of my mind and went back to sleep with no problems.
    To finish the story, the next morning I head in to work in the normal fashion. As usual the first thing I do is check my email. The first email I opened was this weird chain letter, I cannot remember the exact wording but it basically stated that the chain letter was written by a six year old girl whom she stated had died something like five years earlier and that if I didnt pass the letter on she would appear by my bedside and stab me in the neck.. it was delivered to my mailbox around 3am the previous night, probably close to the time this paralysis sh1t happened... probably just a total coincidence but a bit weird none the less

Turnstyle wrote: »
    My story also relates to about 5/6 years ago, its a bit weird as opposed to a true ghost story...
    A couple of times over a two/three month period I had taken some mild acid trips, not real hallucinations as such, just a bit of a laugh. Anyway, one night in bed (I went to bed sober) on a week night about a month after the last time I had taken them I woke in my bed to a feeling of pure terror, I was instantly wide awake with zero drowsiness, I felt like someone was physically pinning my head to the pillow.. just off of the left hand side of the bottom of my bed i could see a small girl of 6/7 years of age, standing slightly stooped in a silent gaze at me. At this point I was completely frozen with fear and terror but after about 3 minutes or so I managed to gather my thoughts slightly and remembered I had previously heard somewhere that sleep paralysis was a common side effect to taking trips.. after another couple of minutes I slowly began to see that the little girl was in fact a low height office chair I had left in my room with some coats draped around it... got myself back together, put it to the back of my mind and went back to sleep with no problems.
    To finish the story, the next morning I head in to work in the normal fashion. As usual the first thing I do is check my email. The first email I opened was this weird chain letter, I cannot remember the exact wording but it basically stated that the chain letter was written by a six year old girl whom she stated had died something like five years earlier and that if I didnt pass the letter on she would appear by my bedside and stab me in the neck.. it was delivered to my mailbox around 3am the previous night, probably close to the time this paralysis sh1t happened... probably just a total coincidence but a bit weird none the less

Are you 100% certain you had never seen the mail before, even if it was going around on facebook or something, or that you hadn't read the mail yourself while on your trip and not realized it? Would explain why your mind chose that to halucinate about during sleep paralysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Turnstyle

Certain, it was the first unread email in my inbox and long before I had ever heard of Facebook

Turnstyle wrote: »
    Certain, it was the first unread email in my inbox and long before I had ever heard of Facebook

Interesting. Considering the fact that you have accepted this way have an explanation and suggested some I find it hard to dismiss your claim. Guess I'll actually start opening those chainmails from now on; thanks for the tip :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

Could be linked to the fact that had taken acid in the past, which is a mind altering drug that can have serious affects on your mind. People have been known to have hallucinations years after taking acid.

As for chain mail, I would have died at least 15 times in the last 2 or 3 years from not forwarding them on. Plus if they have attachments they are a great way to spread virii to other peoples pc's

steve_cass wrote: »
    Could be linked to the fact that had taken acid in the past, which is a mind altering drug that can have serious affects on your mind. People have been known to have hallucinations years after taking acid.

As for chain mail, I would have died at least 15 times in the last 2 or 3 years from not forwarding them on. Plus if they have attachments they are a great way to spread virii to other peoples pc's

As for your first point, do you have a link to a study to back up that point?

For the second, Turnstyle isn't suggesting that all of these chainmails are real, but that a spirit may have sent him mail that may not necessarily have actually been a chainmail.

http://www.drugs.com/lsd.html

http://www.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Drugs/LSD/LSD.psych.html

As for your 2nd point do you have any links to a study that would suggest that this is possible

Looks like this could explain it nicely. Cheers.
    As for your 2nd point do you have any links to a study that would suggest that this is possible

Suggest what is possible? My second point was that Turnstyle wasn't suggesting all chainmails are real.

That a spirit could have sent him an email ,is there any evidence that this has ever happened ??. I know it was just a suggestion but so was mine

You asked me to back up my explantion with a link to a study, which I did!

That a spirit could have sent him an email ,is there any evidence that this has ever happened ??. I know it was just a suggestion but so was mine

You asked me to back up my explantion with a link to a study, which I did!

Yours came off in a very matter-of-fact manner to my interpretation. Besides, why should I provide a study for something somebody else suggested? There's not even evidence to say he believes in it himself, only a 'what if', which is not really comparable to saying 'the effects of drug x are...'

Besides, we all know that with no evidence to existence or non-existence, ghosts are a rhetorical topic at best, so asking for proof in a paranormal forum is just silly; belief is after all based on a foundation without proof. On the other hand we know for certain LSD exists. (or is that just an effect of a trip we're all on ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Please try to keep this thread for reporting experiences, not discussing the legitimacy of paranormal experiences. We could create a different thread for that specific purpose. :)

CorkMan wrote: »
    Please try to keep this thread for reporting experiences, not discussing the legitimacy of paranormal experiences. We could create a different thread for that specific purpose. :)

This is a thread on a discussion board, so people are going to discuss things. The topic is experiences, not report your experiences and expect everyone to believe every word. People are entitled to give opinions, ask questions, affirm or deny, etc, etc. Either add to the discussion or don't, nobody will bother you either way, but at least reciprocate and respect that not everybody shares your view and would actually like to have a proper discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I had a "Haunting" experience as kid in my old great grans house, saw her just there and was so young i didnt understand it so went to bed, i remmeber having the most deep sleep ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Number 10 Shirt

Hal1 wrote: »
    Wow that was freaky magnumlady,

Well I got a story to tell too. This didnt actually happen to me but I heard about it one night about 4am because I was in the same room :eek:.

My sister was the second eldest in our house she was about 8 years young at the time. It was the 1980's and billy jean was playing on the radio lol j/k, and we lived in a housing estate in Crumlin. We weren't very well off at the time (well who was in the 1980's) and we lived in a 2 bedroomed house, the 5 of us kids at shared a bedroom.

Anyway one night my sister awoke screaming and crying it was about 5 minuters later before my parents and us kids calmed down a bit because it startled us all.

When we eventually asked what was bothering her she said she seen an eldery man standing at the end of her bed pulling her by her feet slowly out of the bed. She described him wearing blue and white stripey pj's and having pure white hair and red evil eyes and he was grining at her! :v:.

Since that night she slept with the parents for a few weeks. A few months later we discovered an eldery man died in the house.

Did he ever make a reappearance Hal1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

I'm 17 as i type this but when I was a baby my parents rented this pretty old house in Galway and it was definitely haunted....Theres a million stories from the 3yrs they lived there, but i'll just share 2 or 3 of the key ones
    My parents tell me I used to watch ''things'' across the room and look over there shoulders when I was laying on the bed at only a few months old...and I kept on doing it up until we moved they say I'd always be looking at something over there shoulders and there are lots of pictures of me with ''orbs'' and the likes around me and in the pictures..
    My Brother who was 4-5 when I was born used to play and talk with ''a friend'' when no one was around and my mum would hear footsteps and pounding and toys moving and being thrown and she'd go up to put him to bed and he'd be fast asleep....My Auntie minded me a LOT when I was that age and she experienced my brother doing the same thing, so it wasn't anyones ''imaginations gone wild'' or anything!
    A more recent story is of a house me, my mum and my brother lived in up until 8/9 months ago.
    My Mum would experience a lot of things in the night, voices, and every morning around 5am she'd wake up to a loud shout and a massive bang in the sitting room and kitchen at the same time....she also woke up one night not able to breath and could see a figure right beside her and that shook her up a lot. The bangs were almost every night and everyone heard them.
    One night me and my Aunt were alone as everyone else was out at some party and we were chatting and watching tv upstairs and there was a massive bang the patio door flew open along with the sounds of chairs being dragged and the dog went from barking like a nutter to a whine and total silence.....she called the guards who arrived 5minutes later and found nothing or nobody....but the dog was very weird and wouldn't move, she wasn't herself is the best way to describe it!
    My experiences in that place included seeing a very large dark person or shape one night in the doorway.
    My brother saw pretty much the same thing a lot too but he was drunk half the time so I'm not sure...but he swears he saw it and has described it in the exact same way me and my mother did.
    About 3 weeks before we left my mum had done some searching online and her and her bf one night on there own went downstairs and took a million pictures with the flash on as he was a total skeptic and thought we were all insane:P but they took some pictures of everything and one picture in particular scared everyone who saw it, it looked like a face in one of the doorways and it seemed to be grinning....It wasn't clear but it was definitely there.
    Jesus this is turning out to be some post ! :O
    Anyways, possibly the creepiest thing to happen to everybody has to be this, me my mum, brother, aunt, dad, grandparents, and neighbours were downstairs celebrating or something, I can't remember tbh but there was at least 12 people in the house that night, everyone was downstairs and we were getting ready to go out when my phone rang so I told whoever was in the hallway on the way out to shut up so i could hear if it was my phone or my imagination....so they did and the weirdest thing happened, it stopped calling and I kid you not we all heard a young girls voice saying ''Hello'' NOBODY was up there! so 4 of us tore up the stairs and went into my bedroom, the phone light was on but there was no calls in the history, made, received or missed yet about 6 of us heard it go off and then answered and 4 including me saw the freaking light on my phone... I wish I had proof to back all this up but I guess you will have to believe me!But it all really is true and I would have LOVED to have gotten some kind of paranormal investigators in that house for a night...we did search but found nobody so gave up. Still pretty scary stuff though...scuse the long post.

This thread is now 5 years old.

Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I'm 17 as i type this but when I was a baby my parents rented this pretty old house in Galway and it was definitely haunted....Theres a million stories from the 3yrs they lived there, but i'll just share 2 or 3 of the key ones
    My parents tell me I used to watch ''things'' across the room and look over there shoulders when I was laying on the bed at only a few months old...and I kept on doing it up until we moved they say I'd always be looking at something over there shoulders and there are lots of pictures of me with ''orbs'' and the likes around me and in the pictures..
    My Brother who was 4-5 when I was born used to play and talk with ''a friend'' when no one was around and my mum would hear footsteps and pounding and toys moving and being thrown and she'd go up to put him to bed and he'd be fast asleep....My Auntie minded me a LOT when I was that age and she experienced my brother doing the same thing, so it wasn't anyones ''imaginations gone wild'' or anything!
    A more recent story is of a house me, my mum and my brother lived in up until 8/9 months ago.
    My Mum would experience a lot of things in the night, voices, and every morning around 5am she'd wake up to a loud shout and a massive bang in the sitting room and kitchen at the same time....she also woke up one night not able to breath and could see a figure right beside her and that shook her up a lot. The bangs were almost every night and everyone heard them.
    One night me and my Aunt were alone as everyone else was out at some party and we were chatting and watching tv upstairs and there was a massive bang the patio door flew open along with the sounds of chairs being dragged and the dog went from barking like a nutter to a whine and total silence.....she called the guards who arrived 5minutes later and found nothing or nobody....but the dog was very weird and wouldn't move, she wasn't herself is the best way to describe it!
    My experiences in that place included seeing a very large dark person or shape one night in the doorway.
    My brother saw pretty much the same thing a lot too but he was drunk half the time so I'm not sure...but he swears he saw it and has described it in the exact same way me and my mother did.
    About 3 weeks before we left my mum had done some searching online and her and her bf one night on there own went downstairs and took a million pictures with the flash on as he was a total skeptic and thought we were all insane:P but they took some pictures of everything and one picture in particular scared everyone who saw it, it looked like a face in one of the doorways and it seemed to be grinning....It wasn't clear but it was definitely there.
    Jesus this is turning out to be some post ! :O
    Anyways, possibly the creepiest thing to happen to everybody has to be this, me my mum, brother, aunt, dad, grandparents, and neighbours were downstairs celebrating or something, I can't remember tbh but there was at least 12 people in the house that night, everyone was downstairs and we were getting ready to go out when my phone rang so I told whoever was in the hallway on the way out to shut up so i could hear if it was my phone or my imagination....so they did and the weirdest thing happened, it stopped calling and I kid you not we all heard a young girls voice saying ''Hello'' NOBODY was up there! so 4 of us tore up the stairs and went into my bedroom, the phone light was on but there was no calls in the history, made, received or missed yet about 6 of us heard it go off and then answered and 4 including me saw the freaking light on my phone... I wish I had proof to back all this up but I guess you will have to believe me!But it all really is true and I would have LOVED to have gotten some kind of paranormal investigators in that house for a night...we did search but found nobody so gave up. Still pretty scary stuff though...scuse the long post.

you got any of those pics to put up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

I'v loads. Here are a short few:

Last week: Was sitting at the computer with my back to the conservatory door. My sister was watching tv in the conservatory. She left to go to bed, and swtiched off tv, lights, ect. When she went upstairs I turned around to see that the door was closed as I don't like having my back to an open door. There are glass windows in the door and I could see the light was off. Anyway, sat at the comp for an hour or so, turned around by chance, the light was back on in the room. If anyone who was upstairs in bed was to do it, they would of had to come into the kitchen so I know it wasn't anyone who was here.

Same night two weeks ago: Was in bed. My younger sister had been out drinking and came home, got sick in the bathroom. I checked up on her and then went to bed. I couldn't sleep thinking she might get sick again so I sat up and started txn her so say come sleep with me, I had half the message wrote when I heard somebody trying to come into my room (me and my sisters lock our doors sometimes the time, as we are always taking each others clothes haha, so mine was locked that night) so I figured it was her, got up unlocked it and opened, no one there. I went in to her and she was asleep. Went into my other sister and she was asleep, I woke her and asked had she heard anything or was it her, she said no, but got up to go to the bathroom, I stayed in the hall talking to her for a minute and then went to go back to bed, when I went back into my room, (I have a bay window, and a rocking chair at the window, the curtains don't go around the window, but straight across) there was a bulge at the curtains, I went over and burst into tears?!! My sister came over and I pulled back the curtains, the rocking chair was about 3 feet out from the window. It wasnt like that when I went to bed as I had closed the curtains and everything was in its place and the curtains went straight across.

Have twice woken up to figures standing beside my bed, once a young boy, dressed in old fashioned shirt and had a 'bowl' haircut. And then an old man whos face I will never forget as it was twisted in anger. Both times I closed my eyes and said go away and when I opened they were gone.

Used to feel some one sitting on the edge of my bed when I was lying in it. I dont know why but I always thought it to be a woman.

Many more but don't want to write big post. :)

Another one I just remembered there:

A few years ago my phone rang, I took the call and wandered around the house while talking, as you do.. I opened the door of the sitting room but didnt turn on the light.. I was walking through the room and noticed what I thought was my sister at the end of the couch kneeling down dressed in white with her hand perched up on the couch in prayer form. I told her to get out a few times and continued walking down towards her.. when I was almost as far as her I remembered that one sister was in the conservatory with my parents, the room I had been in when my phone rang, and my other sister wasn't home at all, she was babysitting my cousins. I ran out of the room and started crying, told my mother she didn't really believe as she doesn't believe these things. This room is directly underneath my room where I have always felt a presence.

Another one..

Few years ago, was listening to music in my room, had it up fairly loud, as you do when your 4/15 ha, had a lamp on aswell.. came downstairs and left all that on in my room. Awhile later I could hear the cd skipping, I reckoned it would fix it self so ignored it, after a few minutes it was still skipping so I got vexed and ran upstairs to turn it off.. hadn't the lampshade fallen down on the lamp, and was touching the bulb, which was burning through it, and if it wasnt for the cd skipping I wouldn't of gone upstairs, the whole place would of went up. Defo some one lookin out for my i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Ok, I've been lurking for a while...so I feel I should contribute...
    Only 3 things that stand out for me.

1. I remember sitting on the floor in the living room, reckon I was about 6 yrs old. Living room door was open, I looked out and saw a perfect white feather floating past. I was in no way spooked, and said to my mother 'look at the white feather'. Years later she told me she was spooked. I dont know why....
    2. Sitting in the kitchen, doing my homework. Behind me was an open plan area leading to our downstairs bathroom. As I was head in the books, I heard someone coming into the room, assumed it was my dad so turned around. Saw a man, with a big old work coat, slightly hunched, shabbily dressed. He stopped for a sec, looked over his shoulder at me and walked off into the bathroom.....I dont remember the door opening, I started screaming and my parents ran out etc...
    That was the most terrifying experience for me. My parents found out afterwards from the next door neighbour, that the previous occupant of the house fitted the mans description (he worked in the shipyards in Cork) and he died in the house. They reckon he was coming for a visit. I'm shuddering here thinking about it...

3. Last one is a weird one. My father died in that same house years later from a short term illness. I was sitting in his old chair (this is where he died). Summers day, just chilled out. And I just got this eerie feeling over me that there were 'arms' coming around me and I was being held down. My boyfriend of the time was there in the room with me. He said I went white and started crying. I just remember feeling sooooo cold, and couldn't move....and eventually I jumped up and ran to him...still have no clue what that was about.

Never been back to that house, my mum sold it a few years later. I think I would be a bit afraid to go back which is kind of sad, lots of memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Anyone else getting chills down there back reading through the pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Hey Guys.

Been loving reading through this thread. Some great stories.

My only experience, and I'm not quite sure what I saw, happened in a graveyard. Sounds so typical I know. I used to work cutting the grass and generally cleaning up the graveyard near my house. In the middle of the graveyard there's this really old tree. Not sure why its there as it takes up so much room, but it always gave me the willies! one day as i was cutting the grass in between graves etc, I caught sight of a white figure of a woman ( just got a feeling it was female) standing under this tree looking at me. I was frozen to the spot, and I have never felt terror like it. Ran out of the place abandoning the lawnmover!

Also, when we were younger, my brother had an imaginary friend called Max, who he used to talk to constantly. Weird.

Sorry about the long post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I do believe in spirits for they do exist but appears only before few human beings. In my life there are some stances when I felt like got struck with some soul etc. But our modern age brains still demand solid proofs from us.

Advertisement