Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unseen footage of the riots.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

SebtheBum wrote:
    They were. After the fact. Well, well after the fact.
    Somebody mentioned that they were waiting in the barracks at 5pm and still hadn't been sent in.

Me, I woulda given the order at 2pm and sent the guys in as quick as poss. Garda Siochana never had control over the situation, and never looked like asserting themselves. In fact, their behavious most closely resembles disciplined panic than any police force I've seen since 7/7.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier. It was easily 5pm and they were still waiting to be sent in.
    I totally agree though, I would have had them in there straight away using any force necessary to send the scum back beneath the rocks they crawled out from.
    The Gardai couldn't control the situation, that was known well before 5pm. Why they were left there trying to defend themselves against this scum for so long without proper reinforcement I do not know.
    That said, how could the gardai be prepared for something like that?Its probably the worst they've seen in decades. They underestimated it completely but I do not hold them to blame whatsoever.

My brother just informed me of his friends younger brothers(hes a little sham) friend who was in the riot today. Hes now boasting that he got a clean headshot on a guard with a brick and the little sh1t has walked free from it.
    That same kid couldn't answer the question "Why were you protesting today?", the one answer he could come up with(that I'm presuming someone else fed him) was "I don't want the orange men marching on our streets", when asked why, he couldn't answer.
    The city was full of little scumbags like that kid today, not "republican patriots".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Call me a cynic but...

- why were the weapons (bricks, poles, etc) left in O'Connell Street?
    - why were there so few riot cops?
    - why were the "protestors" allowed take control of much of the city centre for up to three hours?
    - why were they not contained in O'Connell Street?
    - why were the army not sent in?
    - why was the march allowed happen at all?

With Sinn Fein's popularity growing in the Republic this will cost them votes. People who might have been fooled by the Sinn Fein PR machine will think twice when they see the photos in the papers tomorrow.

Bertie & co must be very happy about that.

Poles? They ripped shit out of the ground just to throw at people. There has been building going on on O'Connell street and it's just not feasible to remove everything around there. Much of it is there for people's safety in the first place.

Scumbags always outnumber riot police, it's a sad but inescapable fact.

The march was allowed to happen because everyone has a right to do so, once organised safely, from gay people to farmers, to (gasp! -) Orangemen.

People who have been fooled by Sinn Feinns PR machine aren't the type that 'think' in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 prc666

Trotter wrote:
    or those who burned the cars and then got the bus home.
    Brillant!! and 100% true!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Trotter wrote:
    Because they'd have kicked lumps out of the rioters... and we cant be doing that can we?.. Simple.
    Look, that's just b0ll0cks. I and many others have marched and clashed with Gardai on many occasions, and believe me, they can give as good as they get with us. MayDay 2003 Reclaim the Streets is an infamous example of this, they were exceptionally heavy-handed that day...

Anyway, point is is that this whole "oh we were constrained by being so PC" argument is bullsh*t. Make no bones about it, the Army could and should have been sent in earlier, and the reason(s) they weren't is/are hardly as spurious as "Oh well, we worried what our adulent public would think".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Poles? They ripped shit out of the ground just to throw at people. There has been building going on on O'Connell street and it's just not feasible to remove everything around there. Much of it is there for people's safety in the first place.

Are you telling me it didn't cross ANYBODY'S MIND that the hooligans would use this material to attack either the orange marchers or the police???
    The march was allowed to happen because everyone has a right to do so, once organised safely, from gay people to farmers, to (gasp! -) Orangemen.
    It should have been rerouted away from O'Connell Street with all that building material. It was a riot just waiting to happen.
    People who have been fooled by Sinn Feinns PR machine aren't the type that 'think' in the first place.
    I don't think so. People have been voting for Sinn Fein since the peace process thinking that they were changing. The riots today will reinforce the view in peoples mind that a lot of them are scumbag criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I just want to say kudo's to prc666 for an excellent job, asides from the great pictures and footage, but simply for having the metaphorical balls to stick around while all that was going on, personally, i would have scarpered(sp?)!

Its like An Army of Scum. They out number all the time. And As for the little B0llicks Who hit a gard and is boasting about it, Thats all they want. They want to boast about how they hit the "pigs", (who do they ring when their mas houses have been robbed) and boast about burning cars, Wrecking the Gaf, etc.. Looking hard in front of other measly little Worms who riddled with drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Trotter wrote:
    I am sick of scum in this country getting away with whatever they like. Im sick of people condemning them.. because they laugh and stick 2 fingers up at us anyway. Im sick of the judiciary giving them sentences to laugh at.

Im sick that we didnt have the legal backing to send in thousands of Gardai with orders to beat the sh!t out of these scumbags on sight today.

Its time to drop the PC rubbish in this country and get tough with these people in the only way they understand. They were all condemned today... condemned to what?? Mammy.. Bertie Condemned me for burning a car today.. Im shaking in the timberland boots I just robbed. If Im not careful, they'll find me and the judge will tell me Im bold and give me a suspended sentence.

Its frustrating.. If I park on a double yellow line, Im more likely to be dealt with by the law than they are.. and YES! Im paying their dole!!!!!!! Maybe we should all put scarves over our faces and put our hoods up...then rob whatever we want!.. That dosnt have serious consequences in our country.

I hope the Gardai had a quiet word with them back in the station. Im normally a restrained person but enough is enough. These scumbags need to suffer at the hands of the decent people in Ireland.

Im ashamed to be Irish today.

Here here.

Is the Riot Act on our books in this country?

I just want to say kudo's to prc666 for an excellent job, asides from the great pictures and footage, but simply for having the metaphorical balls to stick around while all that was going on, personally, i would have scarpered(sp?)!
    Thank you kindly, I was just determined to Get the pictures, I would have been killed if i was there any longer. Who gives a **** if a 5ft 16yr old chick with a camera gets trampled? no one! Although i came Very close to having a pole through my skull. Thankfully it went thru a cafe window.. ( sorry cafe owner! ) :P

prc666 wrote:
    Thank you kindly, I was just determined to Get the pictures, I would have been killed if i was there any longer. Who gives a **** if a 5ft 16yr old chick with a camera gets trampled? no one! Although i came Very close to having a pole through my skull. Thankfully it went thru a cafe window.. ( sorry cafe owner! ) :P
    Jesus...

You're either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid.

Kudos darlin, I'd take my hat off to you if I had one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

SebtheBum wrote:
    Look, that's just b0ll0cks. I and many others have marched and clashed with Gardai on many occasions, and believe me, they can give as good as they get with us. MayDay 2003 Reclaim the Streets is an infamous example of this, they were exceptionally heavy-handed that day...

Anyway, point is is that this whole "oh we were constrained by being so PC" argument is bullsh*t. Make no bones about it, the Army could and should have been sent in earlier, and the reason(s) they weren't is/are hardly as spurious as "Oh well, we worried what our adulent public would think".

I agree with you that the army should have been sent in!! They wanted to go in! And why did the Gardai not get as heavy handed with these people today?.. because they got it wrong in the last protest and they're now petrified to use batons because the media will berate them.

This is the reason the army weren't sent in..Nobody had the guts to order it!! I know someone who was in the barracks ready to go.. every one of them was happy to go! This country DOES hide behind political correctness!! Saying thats not true is bullsh!t!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Trotter wrote:
    I agree with you that the army should have been sent in!! They wanted to go in! And why did the Gardai not get as heavy handed with these people today?.. because they got it wrong in the last protest and they're now petrified to use batons because the media will berate them.

That simple eh, afraid of the media reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its the only reason I can come up with.. Im happy to hear and consider more!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Trotter Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Black Oil

Its the only reason I can come up with.. Im happy to hear and consider more!

Well, I doubt Charlie Bird would be too upset about the use of Batons tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

speaking of tonight, how did things go in Dublin? Was there any trouble in the pubs etc?

Trotter wrote:
    This country DOES hide behind political correctness!! Saying thats not true is bullsh!t!
    Um.... What?

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with that statement, just... What?

Political Correctness = choosing language which offends the least, promoting social tolerence and equality through language, and finally a satirical remark of left-censorship and our insistance to use only politically correct terms.

It's a linguistic subject, not a practical one.

If some fcukers riot, and we react react by beating the cr*p out of them, that's not being politically incorrect or politically correct.

Frankly, saying sh*t like that makes me think that you're one of these (unfortunately many) people who just throws around the term "politically correct" whenever you find anything that disagrees with you.

Mental.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

You could smell the tension in the air but no hassle that I heard about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

slipss wrote:
    Thats some really nice camera work, fair play, but as for handing them over to gardai to be used in trials, 95% of these kinds of images are ruled inadmisable/unused by the DPP in court.
    Unusable as evidence maybe but useful to the police none the less. Bring anything you can in to them. Look at what this thread alone has done, it's placed the same person at two crimes... The police need every scrap of photographic evidence. Seeing it here is great but it achieves very little. Send it to the police.

And well done for taking the photos. Journalism and particularly photo journalism has had a hard time in recent years but it's a noble and worthy profession. Stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

That's because this wasn't a Republican march. It was dominated by anarchists and extreme leftists...

the only place I have seen that bovine excrament is on the IRBB site. and it is just that. Bovine excrament. The Repugnant Sinn Fein people encouraged this mayhem plain and simple.

If you ask me I think it is time for Michael McDowell to list RSF as a proscribed organisation and lock up its members for sedition for what happened today. I grew up in Dublin and to see it burning like that makes me furious.

and Lock up the little bastards in Na Fianna too!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Heres another.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjjpNUJe9A&search=dublin%20riot

A lot of it appears to be of the same place. I am wondering what people had against that 05 reg car? Was it singing god save the queen or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

I hadn't heard about the march and decided to wander in to Dublin yesterday. Ended up on O' Connell street when the Gardai charged at the lads protesting. T'was the scariest thing I've ever seen :eek:

The Fire brigade tried to get through the crowd when I first arrived and somebody opened the drivers door and tried to pull the driver out of the truck. Then when he managed to close the door and lock it they started rocking the truck from side to side.

I'd like to say I was shocked at what happened but when I heard what was going on I was not surprised.

Aprently the parade was to start from the Garden of Remembrance which is just plain horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sparky-s wrote:
    im a bit angry and ashamed aswell as it really portrays us as a great city of scumbags.

im angry at the fact that innocent peoples property is just wreaked, i own a car myself and if i was to see my car turned upside and on fire i would be in jail tonight for GBH to these scum.

scum only attack when they vastly outnumber the decent people. chances are you'd be in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Hobbes wrote:
    Heres another.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjjpNUJe9A&search=dublin%20riot

A lot of it appears to be of the same place. I am wondering what people had against that 05 reg car? Was it singing god save the queen or something?

is that a petrol can in his hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

march should have never been allowed !!
    Should the march have been allowed in the 1st place ?
    Would radical BlackPanthers and BLAs be allowed block up the streets of Dallas, Atlanta, Memphis and Austin
    Should Neo-Nazis and KluKluxKlan be allowed march though Harlem NYC or south :mad:

Yet the counter protest was even worse....the pro-republic, pro-SinnFein, radical Republican-rioters , anti-Unionist or random trouble makers or or Chav-scumbags caused alot of trouble, they burn and smash the capital city
    They are the scum and they were not even arrested
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~z/today/
    photos of scum :mad:

MC dowell to resign, well I'll take it
    very few scumbags were arrested
    how many cops did he have on the street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

RuggieBear wrote:
    That's what I thought too. It's exactly the same shade of red and about the right size. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was set alight and burned to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

RuggieBear wrote:

its the kind of thing you have just lying in your back pocket:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tigerbalm wrote:
    Am I the only one who wishes that the Defense Forces had been sent in under their "aid to the civil power" clause ?

They should have been sent in and given free reign while the gards happened to be lookign the other way or "on a break".Also the media shoudl do everyone a favour and realise it's in the best interests of the country that their cameras should be " getting pictures of somethign else" like nature or something, when the army is sent in to be heavy handed, instead of putting pictures of "animal gards beating people". If it was their cars or homes im sure they would'nt mind the scumbags getting a hiding off the gards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

murphaph wrote:
    That's what I thought too. It's exactly the same shade of red and about the right size. I wouldn't shed a tear if he was set alight and burned to death.

i would. in this day and age its a shameful waste of petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i would. in this day and age its a shameful waste of petrol

lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

SebtheBum wrote:
    Welcome to the Republic of Ireland...

...Now do you see why I wanna go home?

England has way more of a chav culture than we do.

Advertisement