Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unseen footage of the riots.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

TheNog wrote:
    anyone consider that maybe these a**holes are actually orange men or at least supporters of the orange order?? today's actions really put weight behind Ian Paisley's determination that he will not stand unified with republicans.

Did you hear the accents on the videos? Strong Dublin accents. I find the idea of Orange Sleeper Agents quite ridiculous. Of course, that's what they want me to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

no....
    most of those charged had dublin address.
    they have dublin accents (as in the videos)
    plenty aren't even old enough to be orange men. and you can tell the difference between a dublin and belfast scumbag fairly easily.
    (hint: look at the type of football jersey)
    Not to say there weren't insidious elements of both sides of the troubles involved in orchestrating todays riots..but the grunt work was done by our own special little plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

TheNog wrote:
    anyone consider that maybe these a**holes are actually orange men or at least supporters of the orange order??

I was walkin around following the 'action' for 3 and a half hours today and did not hear a single northern accent at any stage, apart from the people who had intended to march of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Eileen on RTE news said that people are feeling "a lot of anger" about this. I don't feel any anger about it. I feel shame and disgust that these small-minded morons could do this to my city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 prc666

There were ppl marching, and they were marching for a reason. All im saying is that, the street i was on, It was all, Basically Scum just smashing windows and Cars etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Macros42 wrote:
    Eileen on RTE news said that people are feeling "a lot of anger" about this. I don't feel any anger about it. I feel shame and disgust that these small-minded morons could do this to my city.

I know the feeling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Macros42 wrote:

im a bit angry and ashamed aswell as it really portrays us as a great city of scumbags.

im angry at the fact that innocent peoples property is just wreaked, i own a car myself and if i was to see my car turned upside and on fire i would be in jail tonight for GBH to these scum.

They were Screaming "up the Ra", etc.. And shouting random ****, like its for our country, And Yes, I dont like the fact that We have two parts to our country, But, if these guys honestly cared about our country, They Would Show it with Respect, But nooo... *insert scumbag accent* "Here, Kamereee Givus daaaa peeetttrooolll yaa fffuuccckknn w@nkkerr".. thats the way they repersent our country. also, They were pissing In the middle of the street beside us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

prc666, if RTE said they only want Charlie Bird you should e-mail news@sky.com Sky News don't have much footage so I'd say if you wanna get your shots in the media try them.

Good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I am sick of scum in this country getting away with whatever they like. Im sick of people condemning them.. because they laugh and stick 2 fingers up at us anyway. Im sick of the judiciary giving them sentences to laugh at.

Im sick that we didnt have the legal backing to send in thousands of Gardai with orders to beat the sh!t out of these scumbags on sight today.

Its time to drop the PC rubbish in this country and get tough with these people in the only way they understand. They were all condemned today... condemned to what?? Mammy.. Bertie Condemned me for burning a car today.. Im shaking in the timberland boots I just robbed. If Im not careful, they'll find me and the judge will tell me Im bold and give me a suspended sentence.

Its frustrating.. If I park on a double yellow line, Im more likely to be dealt with by the law than they are.. and YES! Im paying their dole!!!!!!! Maybe we should all put scarves over our faces and put our hoods up...then rob whatever we want!.. That dosnt have serious consequences in our country.

I hope the Gardai had a quiet word with them back in the station. Im normally a restrained person but enough is enough. These scumbags need to suffer at the hands of the decent people in Ireland.

Im ashamed to be Irish today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i am really really appaled at it. expecially at that poor asian guy getting beaten up. people would really want to take a look at themselfs and think for five minutes about what they are doing.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

I hope some of the people who have posted footage will send it to the guards.. there is some very incriminating pictures and videos there... fair play....

I watched the whole thing unfold today and watched in amazement... the amount of scum in this city was unreal.. you should've seen pure knackers (forget the republican/loyalist thing) raiding schuu and foot locker etc on o'connell street... insane...

Seeing that chineze guy getting attacked was really sickening for me... the chineze are the nicest most unassuming people in this country... to me they are more welcome than any of the scum in this city or from the north (no matter what side)

The cops messed up badly though.. they had them cornered on o'connell street but never managed to get riot police to come at them from behind (seemed like the most obvious thing to do) instead they had free run and got to nasssau and caused even more damage...

-A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Words can't express how angry I am.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~z/today/

on westmoreand row, seems the dregs of the apolitical neandethrals

Feck...

See the guy with the chair?! And it looks like someone stepped in somehow, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

prc666 wrote:
    The poor man was in casualty, but then again so was like 100 other people
    I wonder if he got to skip the queue

I know excatly HOw you all feel. But when You are standing there next to them, and they will stop at nothing, Theres not much you can do, Just stand there, and feel Ashamed. Or in my case, Run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 tigerbalm

Am I the only one who wishes that the Defense Forces had been sent in under their "aid to the civil power" clause ?

Although saying that, There are people who will stand up to them. We were standing on the side of the road ans some scum Tried to Smash up This ladys Car and torch it, she ran out of the shop she was working in, with a fire Extingusher.. putting it out

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i wonder how the 3 non nationals got involved, i assume they arnt talking about our friends across the water but more futher east.

Ah sure lets join in

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Im ashamed to be Irish today.

Why are you ashamed to be Irish? Anyone with any sort of common sense in another country will realise that this sort of element are present in every country in the world, therefore it shouldn't have any bearing on their opinion of Irish people. The only way this could reflect badly on Irish society is that the Gardai weren't fully prepared for this and may not be for similar events in the future, perhaps leading to an image of Ireland not being particularly secure. It doesn't have any bearing on someone's perception of an entire people and anyone who does form an opinion on that basis is usually going to be as openminded as the people who ran amuck this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

tigerbalm wrote:
    Am I the only one who wishes that the Defense Forces had been sent in under their "aid to the civil power" clause ?
    They were. After the fact. Well, well after the fact.
    Somebody mentioned that they were waiting in the barracks at 5pm and still hadn't been sent in.

Me, I woulda given the order at 2pm and sent the guys in as quick as poss. Garda Siochana never had control over the situation, and never looked like asserting themselves. In fact, their behavious most closely resembles disciplined panic than any police force I've seen since 7/7.

Also There was a young lad who went to go smash an ambulance up then an older scumbag came along and said no lad dont do that go for that car over there, haha thugs with a conscience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Some days your proud to be irish and other days ashamed

Although today I was more than ashamed

ullu wrote:
    Why are you ashamed to be Irish? Anyone with any sort of common sense in another country will realise that this sort of element are present in every country in the world, therefore it shouldn't have any bearing on their opinion of Irish people. The only way this could reflect badly on Irish society is that the Gardai weren't fully prepared for this and may not be for similar events in the future, perhaps leading to an image of Ireland not being particularly secure. It doesn't have any bearing on someone's perception of an entire people and anyone who does form an opinion on that basis is usually going to be as openminded as the people who ran amuck this afternoon.

Why? Because they had the Irish flag wrapped around them! And all the talking and discussion in the world wont change the fact that Im Irish and they're Irish. Maybe I wouldnt feel ashamed if the real Irish people.. the decent, hardworking, funloving kind.. had a justice system that imposed penalties on these people that would do more than cause them to giggle and give a finger to the nearest camera outside the court.

Thats why.

There was sayings that if our Police Force carried Weapons, as in a pistol, then it wouldnt been as bad.

prc666 wrote:
    There was sayings that if our Police Force carried Weapons, as in a pistol, then it wouldnt been as bad.

Only if they'd used them to "immobilise" some of these a-holes. But sure if they did have guns, and used them, we'd have the "heavy handed Gardai" gang, along with the "nobody has the right to meet violence with violence" gang having a field day.

Political Correctness and deployment of the law outside of the spirit in which it was intended.. these are the scums greatest weapons and protections.

Something as simple as the irish flag, To be wrapped around them. Dragging on the ground, they just dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Call me a cynic but...

- why were the weapons (bricks, poles, etc) left in O'Connell Street?
    - why were there so few riot cops?
    - why were the "protestors" allowed take control of much of the city centre for up to three hours?
    - why were they not contained in O'Connell Street?
    - why were the army not sent in?
    - why was the march allowed happen at all?

With Sinn Fein's popularity growing in the Republic this will cost them votes. People who might have been fooled by the Sinn Fein PR machine will think twice when they see the photos in the papers tomorrow.

Bertie & co must be very happy about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

That's possibly what annoys me the most about scumbags today. The whole "ordinary decent criminal" mentality, like; "Oi've bet a few **** on da streetz and smahshed up a few fookin cars and shi', but Oi never raped a kid so Oi'm an alroigh bloke den"
    The ignorance on the part of these pikes is just infuriating...How could any of this possibly be furthering the cause of someone opposed to an Orange march?

• Advertisement

- why were the army not sent in?

Because they'd have kicked lumps out of the rioters... and we cant be doing that can we?.. Simple.

Im wondering who the stupid ones are.. us who think the law will deal with these people to our satisfaction, or those who burned the cars and then got the bus home.

Advertisement