Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

It's only 14p cheaper on thehut:confused:

Might as well just buy from Amazon, everywhere seems to be around the £30 mark...

/edit
    I can't vouch for these guys, so use at your own risk! (and it's out of stock anyway)
    http://www.gamegears.co.uk/xbox-360-c5/xbox-360-new-games-c13/electronic-arts-ea-battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition-xbox-360-p1628

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hey all. I'm lookin for bad company 2 ultimate Xbox new to buy online cheap as possible.im finding it really hard to locate it in stock. Amazon has it but are a little expensive. Thehut is sold out. Loads of sites are sold out. Any of u guys know of better sites that have it in stock?

Love the thread. Xxx

Just buy the standard trust me there is absolutely loads of gameplay in the full title the ultimate edition is just GREEDY LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just buy the standard trust me there is absolutely loads of gameplay in the full title the ultimate edition is just GREEDY LOL

What so special about that edition? I got normal one for 17 quid..

What so special about that edition? I got normal one for 17 quid..

As far as I know it's extra online maps I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Surely can be purchased as DLC if required no?

Surely can be purchased as DLC if required no?
    nearly sure all can be purchased dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

All new copies of Battlefield: BC2 come with a VIP code, gives you all those free maps. Ultimate Edition comes with a code for Battlefield 1943 (arcade game, 1200 MS points), Conquest (400 MS points) and a few special weapon unlocks.

@mylastparadigm, was thinking about it this week. Standard edition is €22.49 delivered on Play.com, Ultimate Edition is over €40. Decided to go with standard, Battlefield 1943 demo was laggy as hell for me. But, when I was going to buy Ultimate, it was cheap-ish on eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mylastparadigm

i priced the cheaper version plus dlc and its like 60 squids.

wanna get 1943 and other bits and pieces because my buddies already have same.

anyone know why its all sold out? do they only do one run?

i priced the cheaper version plus dlc and its like 60 squids.

wanna get 1943 and other bits and pieces because my buddies already have same.

anyone know why its all sold out? do they only do one run?
    in very short demand alright.. you will do well to find one in a shop tbh..

whatever u do dont buy it used in shops have it in stock u say mr gamestop and used???? yes sir we have one in stock ata very reasonable 28 euro!! i then asked was all downloaded stuff not used if the game was second hand? he said yes and i said well then its a standard version isnt it?? he then said yes of course...

robbing bastards lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Rome:Total War €2.50 on steam, worth every cent :)

in very short demand alright.. you will do well to find one in a shop tbh..

whatever u do dont buy it used in shops have it in stock u say mr gamestop and used???? yes sir we have one in stock ata very reasonable 28 euro!! i then asked was all downloaded stuff not used if the game was second hand? he said yes and i said well then its a standard version isnt it?? he then said yes of course...

robbing bastards lol

In my local gamestop it was different. I asked if it has that VIP used. And fella told me yes, suggested to get me it elsewhere, and don't bother with this one.

I bought psp, ps3, 2xxbox360, lots of games in that gamestop, they know me well. Allways will suggest me better way around it, even itvwould mean no business in theyr shop. I always come back to them for my purchases of consoles. I buy online games at bargain prices( old ones) . New releases only in gamestop, newer trusted websites for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Thehut.com has some nice deals on games this weekend. Blood Bowl legendary edition is well worth it at that price for any strategy fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Medieval II: Total War, on steam (day 2 i guess) €2.50, cant go wrong :)

Lads, any good place to find cheap fable 3? Cheapest I could find was 30 eu in extravision second hand. Is there some disadvantages for buying it second hand? Like dragon age, me, or bc2?

I seem it in zavvi for 27 pounds too. Ant cheaper anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cheers m8, are they trustable? Delivery times?

Shadow try Adverts.ie u should pick fable 3 up for 15 to 20 euros

seriuosly? will have to look at it. cheers.

as for that website, does anyone know about it? i might look at a few ather games too.

Zavvi got some great deals now:

Split second 9 quid
    Demon souls 15 quid
    Fallout new Vegas on xbox 13 quid - I am well tempted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hold off on Fable 3 until its been patched. Had some serious game breaking bugs on the latest update :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Hold off on Fable 3 until its been patched. Had some serious game breaking bugs on the latest update :mad:

Or better yet just skip it altogether... It was a bit crap in fairness!

tman wrote: »
    Or better yet just skip it altogether... It was a bit crap in fairness!
    i bought it but have not got round to it should i bail out for 30 euro xtra vision credit and buy it later in the year?

When it's good, it's good, but it really loses steam in the second half of the game.
    Worth a rental, but not a full price purchase imo...

well lads, i am continueing on the lynch and kane 2. i got the game this morning, which i ordered for 8 quid.

i played a bit and i got to say this: " People listen waaaay to much reviews and people moan".

Its a really decent game, with a style some can like, some will hate, but saying its a total garbadge is plain stupid. moust of bad stuff said is by people who were dissapointed by first one, and even more dissapointed with that review stuff in gamespot.

Its a good game, i bet coop on it is even better. well worth 5 quid now.

dont understand me wrong, its not a game of the year, but it is deffenetly better then people are saying.

i skiped all lynch and kane 1 shinanigans, so i picked it up as a fresh game with no history. Its a steel for 7-8 quid you will pay for it, i bet you will get fiver back for it at gamestop...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you're expecting little, you'll find most games more enjoyable than if you're expecting alot!

Drakar wrote: »
    If you're expecting little, you'll find most games more enjoyable than if you're expecting alot!

Let's say this: I enjoy single player ATM more, then I enjoyed black ops single player. Considering black ops multiplayer is not great too I would say k&n2 is a bargain

Black ops is my dislike games of the year!!! Loving dragon age 2 I'm very surprised how good it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

steam weekend deal

DogFighter 75% off 2.25 link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

Some good pricing on Gamestop.ie for St. Paddys Day
    .17 price point....
    Link:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=St%20Patrick's%20Day%20Specials

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement