Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

turnfan wrote: »
    Some good pricing on Gamestop.ie for St. Paddys Day
    .17 price point....
    Link:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?quickSearch=St%20Patrick's%20Day%20Specials

Fairly average prices tbh. Mass Effect 2 (360) has been on sale at €6 at a number of places. LittleBigPlanet 2 was €45, on launch, in HMV stores. Dead Space 2 was £23 from Amazon not to long after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

Hence - "Some" good pricing. Jeez.
    GTA Complete bought. €20.17 delivered
    http://www.gamestop.ie/36223_Xbox_360_St_Patrick_s_Day_Specials_GTA_IV_Complete_Edition.aspx

Hence - "Some" good pricing. Jeez.
    GTA Complete bought. €20.17 delivered
    http://www.gamestop.ie/36223_Xbox_360_St_Patrick_s_Day_Specials_GTA_IV_Complete_Edition.aspx

That is a good price, sorry for coming off so dismissive. I just wasn't impressed with the price of anything I was looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What, no lucky bags? disappointing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone seen homefront reasonably priced release is Friday???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

44.99 in HMV with a €10 gift card if you pre-order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Gamestop in store have an offer of trading in three games from a list of 600 (list can be found on a leaflet in store) and getting Homefront for only €3. At least thats what it said on a cardboard stand in the shop. Showed the same deal for Crysis 2 when its released also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Gamestop "Trade 3 select games from 600 listed and get a selected new release from €3"

600 Trade in list: http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/statics/TradeIn600Titles.pdf

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Gamestop "Trade 3 select games from 600 listed and get a selected new release from €3"

600 Trade in list: http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/statics/TradeIn600Titles.pdf

Yep. Thats the same leaflet I picked up in Gamestop. The cardboard standy mentioned Homefront and Crysis 2 for 3euros but I only glanced at it as I was passing and don't know if there are any catches. Deffo worth checking out before handing out forty to fifty quid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. Do you think you can match xbox and ps3 games? I could have 2 sbox and 1 ps3 for xbox new game? When does it starts?

• Advertisement

Guys. Do you think you can match xbox and ps3 games? I could have 2 sbox and 1 ps3 for xbox new game? When does it starts?

I dont see anything on the offer to suggest that being a problem. Says Trade any 3 games from list of 600 so I'd say you'll be fine. I'll be availing of this tomorrow when I pick up Homefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

kendragon wrote: »
    I dont see anything on the offer to suggest that being a problem. Says Trade any 3 games from list of 600 so I'd say you'll be fine. I'll be availing of this tomorrow when I pick up Homefront.
    can you get back with how it went please?

They've had, seemingly, stupid restrictions in the past. As part of an offer, I wasn't able to trade in 2 Xbox 360 titles (plus cash) for a PS3 title or PC title. So they have had issues going cross-platform with these trade-in special offers.

Fnz wrote: »
    They've had, seemingly, stupid restrictions in the past. As part of an offer, I wasn't able to trade in 2 Xbox 360 titles (plus cash) for a PS3 title or PC title. So they have had issues going cross-platform with these trade-in special offers.

Yeah, I could never understand those kinds of restrictions myself. I certainly hope they do not give me any hassle about this tomorrow because I have a couple of ps3 titles I want to offload and i'll be looking for the xbox version of the game.

ok i know for a fact gamestop wont allow trades across platforms with special offers but what i would suggest doing is trade in in any gamestop get your copy of the game then travel to any other gamestop and say u got wrong version of your game and they should trade your copy for the other platform..

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

ok i know for a fact gamestop wont allow trades across platforms with special offers but what i would suggest doing is trade in in any gamestop get your copy of the game then travel to any other gamestop and say u got wrong version of your game and they should trade your copy for the other platform..

I'm not sure that your fact applies in this case. I rang the local gamestop after Kendragons post above and they confirmed that the trade in deal is as per the statement at the top of their 600 title list - 'trade any 3 games from this list of over 600 titles and get selected new releases'. Although while this is clearly stated, the small print at the bottom does state 'Trades are subject to manager approval' - queue some abuse of POWER scenarios. Good suggestion Dark- Knight if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know where to buy cheap games on that list to trade in with??

for example, I assume fallout 3 normal edition would be cheap. Could make a saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turnfan

This offer works across different formats - Just traded Alan Wake X360, Assassins Creed II X360, and Vanquish PS3

This offer works across different formats - Just traded Alan Wake X360, Assassins Creed II X360, and Vanquish PS3
    There's a first for everything everytime I went into Gamestop before I was told out straight you can't cross trade!! This is great news though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Impulse have sale on Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 for €5.34 each
    All drm free.

Neverwinter Nights is on sale too but I don't think it's drm free

• Advertisement

can you get back with how it went please?

Hi guys. I can confirm that Gamestop will accept a mixture of ps3 and xbox titles when trading in the 3 games in this €3 game offer.

Homefront front for €3 and three old games. Cant go wrong with that. Going to do the same with Crysis 2 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Darksiders is €7.50 on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The Long Run

I managed to get Homefront today for 34.99 with my PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Darksiders is €7.50 on Steam.

Excellent game. Got for same price at christmas and in middle of playing through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Excellent game. Got for same price at christmas and in middle of playing through now.
    Already have it on the PS3 but I never got around to finishing it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is 15.99 in Game. Picked it up awhile ago. Considering it comes with Point Lookout, Broken Steel, Mothership Zeta, Operation Anchorage and The Pitt as well as the game itself, it was an unbelievable bargain. Got 70 hours gameplay out of it.

sugarman wrote: »
    Thats pretty good, I know a few places where i can pick up 3 games for a fiver or less each. New game for under 20 blips!:D

Is there a list of games you can get?

Courtesy of Hellboy99

600 Trade in list:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/static...n600Titles.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sugarman wrote: »
    Thats pretty good, I know a few places where i can pick up 3 games for a fiver or less each. New game for under 20 blips!:D

Is there a list of games you can get?
    Courtesy of Hellboy99

600 Trade in list:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/static...n600Titles.pdf

I think he meant a list of new releases that he can get after trading in the 3 games.

Sugarman, any chance you'd let us know where and what games you can get on the cheap please?

tok9 wrote: »
    I think he meant a list of new releases that he can get after trading in the 3 games.

Sugarman, any chance you'd let us know where and what games you can get on the cheap please?

Oh right.... my bad. The only games i've seen listed are Homefront and Crysis 2 for both console formats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is Monday Night Combat free weekend not also in the EU? I havent heard anyone else mention a peep about it.

I think it's actually pretty fun. Many of the same elements TF2 used to have before it was ruined. 5 Classes, and you can select up to 3 sponsors that give you different perks (nothing major, like a slightly larger clip, faster movement speed, more armor, etc), base building and a handful of witty commentaries.

It's 33% off until Monday, I assume thats a tenner.

gameplay:

IGN Review:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement