Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dead Space 2 Limited Edition is indeed going for 30 euro in HMV, picked one up on Grafton Street. Thanks for the tip again :)

I checked out Argos Stephen's Green to see if it was going for 23.99, but they were sold out of the 360 version and PS3 said 49.99 at the stock checker, couldn't see any signs to the contrary in there. Didn't go over to Jervis though, said I might as well just pay the extra six for Extraction in HD!

Glad I saved 15-20 euro by waiting less than two weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

HMV are renowned for having different prices for the same product across different stores, even if it's just across the city, i.e. Henry st v's Grafton st. So, whenever I see the offer in certain HMV, I try and mention which one if possible. It helps to clear up some of the confusion.

Same here which is why I checked today,it is also €35 in Henry Street,I rarely shop in Grafton so I don't know about there,but Henry Street had about 10 in stock at 5pm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dead Space 2 Limited Edition is indeed going for 30 euro in HMV, picked one up on Grafton Street. Thanks for the tip again :)

I checked out Argos Stephen's Green to see if it was going for 23.99, but they were sold out of the 360 version and PS3 said 49.99 at the stock checker, couldn't see any signs to the contrary in there. Didn't go over to Jervis though, said I might as well just pay the extra six for Extraction in HD!

Glad I saved 15-20 euro by waiting less than two weeks :)

It says €23.99 on the promotion leaflet, I brought it to the desk and they gave it to me for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just a further heads up on the Dead Space deal in Argos.
    The xbox version is €23.99
    The PS3 version is also €23.99 (this is the limited edition version)

I also noticed that Gamestop are offering €40 for either version trade-in credit!

This wont last long lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Thanks to Chosen on the PC Building & Upgrading forum...
    Chosen wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fnz wrote: »
    Thanks to Chosen on the PC Building & Upgrading forum...

Dead Space 2 for £14 on the PC? Result!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

+1, was waiting for this on the cheap. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Not sure how long the offer has been going for but Gamestop have Tekken 6 with the Hori arcade stick for €39.99 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭romperstomper

is this stick for ps3 or xbox360? or both?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 is €5.99 in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Not sure how long the offer has been going for but Gamestop have Tekken 6 with the Hori arcade stick for €39.99 at the moment
    its 39.99 for at least the past year tbh. still good value but wireless sticks are meant to be utter crap and illegal if you ever gonna enter tourneys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

just bought Forza 2 and Pina Pinata for 4.99 in Gamestop , there a 2 disc combo deal , there 9.99 and 7.99 on there own , Result:D

weeks of fun on Forza

almanu wrote: »
    just bought Forza 2 and Pina Pinata for 4.99 in Gamestop , there a 2 disc combo deal , there 9.99 and 7.99 on there own , Result:D

weeks of fun on Forza

That's only meant to be sold as part of a bundle, so most likely won't be available everywhere (then again, gamestop are a bunch of cowboys so maybe it is...)

tman wrote: »
    That's only meant to be sold as part of a bundle, so most likely won't be available everywhere (then again, gamestop are a bunch of cowboys so maybe it is...)

not really a bundle as such , its two games in the one case so to speak , they had a few copies in rathmines this morning.

I mean if you look at the packaging, it'll clearly say "not to be sold separately"
    The two games are meant to be sold together with a controller, and Gamestop are being naughty by selling without...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I got that bundle when I bought my 20GB Arcade 360. Was it secondhand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

For the people living in a cave, on Mars, Episode 2 is on sale on Steam for €1.74.

Mandatory: The Episode 3 is nigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

For the people living in a cave, on Mars Episode 2 is on sale on Steam for €1.74.

Mandatory: The Episode 3 is nigh!

He's talking about the Half Life series. There is no "Mars Episode 2", afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I had to do a double take there for a second. There should be a comma in there somewhere. Who knows where? :confused:

Just as a matter of interest. Do the Midweek sales on Steam usually end a 4p.m. pacific time? As far as I remember, no. Hmmm. :confused: seems a bit of an odd time to end a sale. They usually end here at 6 p.m. GMT. It would be pretty sweet, were they to announce something then. A man can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Fnz wrote: »
    He's talking about the Half Life series. There is no "Mars Episode 2", afaik.

That's good. I don't think I've played Mars Episode 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Epic Mickey for the Wii is 23 euro in HMV on Grafton Street.

Epic game for Twink there imo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Steam weekend deal (LINK)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 €4.99
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising €2.49
    Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath € 4.99
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars €4.99
    Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight €12.49

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lost planet 2 for 8 quid in zavvi

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Steam weekend deal (LINK)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 €4.99
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising €2.49
    Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath € 4.99
    Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars €4.99
    Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight €12.49

Any of them worth grabbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any of them worth grabbing?

Red Alert 3 and Tiberium wars are good, the other two are just expansions and C&C4 is cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Am tempted to get Red Alert 3 myself, Tim Curry hamming it up as a Russian general alone is worth €5 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Seen xtra vision again great offers on used games. no point listing just call into store bargains to be had....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not sure if its in all gamestops, but my nearest has a bin of games for €10 each. Saw Bayonetta and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, quite a few trash games too. Could be stock thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

sorry if somebody posted this already.
    Amazon has some reductions on the pre-order price of Battlefield 3

PC 25% off £29.99 LINK
    Xbox 360 20% off £39.89 LINK
    PS3 20% off £39.89 LINK

All have free shipping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement