Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

WAS TALKING TO A MANAGER IN GAMESTOP THAT KNOWS ME WELL AND THEY ARE ON TO THIS SO MONDAY MORNING EXPECT TO NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE AT THAT PRICE..

MY ADVICE GET ON YOUR BIKES THIS WEEKEND AND SHOP SHOP SHOP LOL

My bike is crocked :-( so I wont be taking up this offer..

Gonna keep my ears peeled for the next crazy bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

www.keys4.me

I got black ops for €16.64 or something (Used promo code "Unpowered", got me 10% off). It was in Russian but I just swapped it with the English files and it's working perfectly.

They activate the game for you in Russia (They're based there) but there legitamate, so if you give them your account details, you can just change them anyway if you want when their done with it.

All the other non russian games you can install yourself eg. COD4.

*cough* Free game for me, keys4.me, for spreading the word? *cough* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

mtb_kng wrote: »
    www.keys4.me

I got black ops for €16.64 or something (Used promo code "Unpowered", got me 10% off). It was in Russian but I just swapped it with the English files and it's working perfectly.

They activate the game for you in Russia (They're based there) but there legitamate, so if you give them your account details, you can just change them anyway if you want when their done with it.

All the other non russian games you can install yourself eg. COD4.

*cough* Free game for me, keys4.me, for spreading the word? *cough* ;)
    I'll be having a look at this for sure thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've had a look around, and the legality of CD Keys is borderline. I know I certainly wouldn't risk it (especially when most of the links on the information side bar, including FAQ and Privacy Policy, give a 404 error - page not found).

I'd give it a wide berth, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

They can ban you if you use a key from outside your region, but it's rare they would do that to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Borderlands with all dlcs is 12 quid in zavvi.. Why would you be bothered with all that?

Borderlands with all dlcs is 12 quid in zavvi.. Why would you be bothered with all that?

Cass class game that's a bargain IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

20% off all games wih Tesco in the UK. This does not work with pre releases. They said that this was available for hte 3DS but they just changed their minds and the site was updated pretty quickly. Still 20% of any existing games is not too shabby.

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/games/xbox-games/

use code 20OffGames-1

I am not sure if they deliver to ROI but you never know. Would you trust Royal Post to post to BT1 1 AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah, they dont ship to the RoI. And I for one will not be risking my money and using the BT11AA postal address on the off-chance it might turn up here. As tempting as it is.

padair wrote: »
    20% off all games wih Tesco in the UK. This does not work with pre releases. They said that this was available for hte 3DS but they just changed their minds and the site was updated pretty quickly. Still 20% of any existing games is not too shabby.

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/games/xbox-games/

use code 20OffGames-1

I am not sure if they deliver to ROI but you never know. Would you trust Royal Post to post to BT1 1 AA.
    apart from the fact that they dont ship to ireland the prices even with the 20% are still very high i think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The site seems to be a bit broken too! (in Chrome)
    Every single drop down opens when I try to view that page:confused:

They can be good for some games, but that's usually only after you've used a discount voucher. I'll definitely keep them in mind anyway, got a few bargains from them in the past, and an extra 20% off isn't to be sniffed at!

Was just about to say that Dead Space 2 looks like good value, but that's £23.85 over on Zavvi!

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/dead-space-2/10177583.html
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dead-space-2/10177584.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Play have the Limited Edition going for €29.99!
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13027695/Dead-Space-2-Limited-Edition/Product.html

I pre-ordered this so I could get the "Exclusive pre-order bonus" of Dead Space Extraction! :( Still havent played it yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056182082

argos clearance sale. reserved ME2 for €6. not bad considering that's the same price it was for the gamestop madness sale the second time around ex delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

My newspaper says dead space 2 is 23.99 in argos.

coming up as 49.99 online, maybe if you bring in the brouchure, you'll get it at that price? i think that's part of argos policy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

dead space 2 limited edition on ps3 is €30 in HMV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ShaneU wrote: »

Already? Been dying to play it, might be able to sort something out at that price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Wow that was quick , might just pick it up now as I was waiting for the price to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Which HMV did you see this in it was still €49.99 in Blanch this afternoon.

HMV in Blanchardstown have Mass Effect 2 for PS3 for €35 new,should be the same in all stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13027695/-/Product.html?page=title&P36=TBK7RW&affid=finddvd&awc=buyat&_%24ja=tsid%3a11516|prd%3afinddvd

€30 on play.com too, limited edition is just a crappy Move version included apparently but still a good price for the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

noodler wrote: »

€30 on play.com too, limited edition is just a crappy Move version included apparently but still a good price for the main game.

That extra game included is one of the best rated Wii games around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Which HMV did you see this in it was still €49.99 in Blanch this afternoon.
    Henry Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

noodler wrote: »
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13027695/-/Product.html?page=title&P36=TBK7RW&affid=finddvd&awc=buyat&_%24ja=tsid%3a11516|prd%3afinddvd

You can play it with a Dualshock as well. It also has a platinum trophy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,315 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That extra game included is one of the best rated Wii games around.
    GothPunk wrote: »
    You can play it with a Dualshock as well. It also has a platinum trophy. ;)

Well, I am may have spoken without knowledge of the game in question but nevertheless I stand by my uninformed opinion.

CRAPPY!

Lazy Fcukers in Blanch,thanks been looking for a reason to buy this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah Extraction is great fun if you haven't played it.

Will pop into Henry Street HMV in a while see if they have it :)

Dead Space 2 on Xbox 360 is €23.99 in Argos - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056183014
    PS3 full price though

it's advertised as €50 online, but in the brouchure in store, it's the reduced price. just bring it to the till and you'll get the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

HMV in Blanchardstown have Mass Effect 2 for PS3 for €35 new,should be the same in all stores.
    HMV are renowned for having different prices for the same product across different stores, even if it's just across the city, i.e. Henry st v's Grafton st. So, whenever I see the offer in certain HMV, I try and mention which one if possible. It helps to clear up some of the confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

whiteman19 wrote: »
    Dead Space 2 on Xbox 360 is €23.99 in Argos - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056183014
    PS3 full price though

it's advertised as €50 online, but in the brouchure in store, it's the reduced price. just bring it to the till and you'll get the discount

PS3 version also €23.99, just the standard version though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement