Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks. I have this free month's pass of Gold since they refurbished my RRoD 360, so could I use that? Is it worth anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well that's bloody charming... Spent 2600+ points last month and this is how they reward me!! (well, apart from the 800 free points!:p)

Anybody got a spare 24hr pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

tman wrote: »
    Spent 2600+ points last month and this is how they reward me!! (well, apart from the 800 free points!:p)

I don't think the 24/48 hour trial pass will allow you to take advantage of these Gold member offers. I tried it with a (really old) 48hr code and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm pretty sure Fnz is right about the 48hr passes not working but if anyone does want to try their luck I'd appreciate their feedback.

Scott Pilgrim is a great game... a little on the tough side if you're playing 1 player (and since there is no online co-op you probaly will be) but nevertheless a bargain at 400points.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

tman wrote: »
    Well that's bloody charming... Spent 2600+ points last month and this is how they reward me!! (well, apart from the 800 free points!:p)

Off topic but did you get those free points yet? Mine haven't shown up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't got mine yet, which is irritating considering all those new keyboard Rock Band songs in green tempting me everytime I go to pick a song :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

No sign of them yet - the T&Cs were pretty vague about when your account will get credited, could be any time up until the end of the month...

Using the 48 hour pass that Fnz supplied me with didn't work:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Haven't got mine yet, which is irritating considering all those new keyboard Rock Band songs in green tempting me everytime I go to pick a song :(

OT but I hate how RB3 does that.

"Oh hey look, here's an awesome song you don't have. Buy it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Crackdown 2 (XBOX) €14 at play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The should be added on Nov. 30 :(

I had to disable that, hit select on the song list and I think it's the 3rd one "Show Recommendations"

On topic again Scott Pilgrim is bejayzus hard :mad:

Seems to be worth the 400 though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Arkham Asylum on Xbox 360/PS3 for €13.99/£9.99 off Play.com delivered

Xbox 360
    PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Oh, looks like we'll get our 800 points the day the Halo Reach map pack comes out... How convenient...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This is probably the third/fourth time I'm after posting this, but it just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. It's not £11.95 (+99p delivery) on Zavvi.com
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/valkyria-chronicles/9997576.html

or £12.91 on Asda.
    http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/games/platforms/ps3/valkyria-chronicles/9997576.html

Either way, it works out as about €15 for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Halo Reach: Limited Edition - €45.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056082598

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows is only €22 on Zavvi right now.

Other stuff includes Demon Souls at €21, Crackdown 2 at €20, Front Mission Evolved at €20, Alpha Protocol at €15.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just walked out of Game in Liffey Vally with the PC version of Fallout New Vegas for 24.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Age of Empires III is 10c or 10 MS points on GFWL. You have to download the GFWL client though for it to work with an Irish account.

If you already have an XBL account it'll work with GFWL and uses the same points balance you may have there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GothPunk wrote: »
    Age of Empires III is 10c or 10 MS points on GFWL. You have to download the GFWL client though for it to work with an Irish account.

If you already have an XBL account it'll work with GFWL and uses the same points balance you may have there.

Holy ****!!! BUY BUY BUY!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's the complete collection by the way!

• Advertisement

Also looking in that list on GFWL and it has Bioshock 2 for only $10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

My cousin works in a charity shop and he said there was a few decent xbox360 games on sale all for €10.

That's a place no-one would really consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Vanquish 18GBP on Zavvi right now.... fck me for the 30GBP launch price t.t

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Vanquish 18GBP on Zavvi right now.... fck me for the 30GBP launch price t.t
    Looks like Vanquish (along with Goldeneye:Collectors edition for Wii) is going to be on special on Amazon tomorrow as part of the Black Friday Deals. No idea what price but it could well go below the price on Zavvi. I'll report back after 2 pm.

Ok so the Goldeneye Spec Edt is on sale at Amazon now for 2 hours at £29.99 (roughly €35 or such)

And it sold out within 4 minutes.... :(

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok so the Goldeneye Spec Edt is on sale at Amazon now for 2 hours at £29.99 (roughly €35 or such)

And it sold out within 4 minutes.... :(
    Sold out in 5 seconds by my watch. Ha. I refreshed the page out of curosity. decided not to buy it at that price. 5 seconds later it was sold out. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gamesnash have Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway for 4.49 posted.

For the 360.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Borderlands is 9.99 on Steam currently.

Also in the bargain bin Deus Ex for 2.49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Fallout: New Vegas (PC) £16 @ Amazon.co.uk

Activates on Steam as well :D

They do free delivery on orders over £25 now also so it's as good an excuse as any to buy more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement