Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I quite enjoyed it to be honest. The game mechanics are not it's strongest point. The shooting is very annoying and weird at first, but once you plough AP into the pistol it becomes a lt easier/enjoyable to use.

There's a great mechanism where after the first set of missions, you can do a complete respec. So I changed from being a shotgun-wielding gadgeteer to a stealth unarmed combat ninja type, which so far I've found much more fun.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising is only €12 till 12pm at Zavvi. Heard it improved a lot of the problems of DoW2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising is only €12 till 12pm at Zavvi. Heard it improved a lot of the problems of DoW2.

The Gold edition of DoW2 has dropped in price quite a lot recently too - £14 on dvd.co.uk and blahdvd

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brutal legend and dead space are €7 pre-owned in xtra-vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ShaneU wrote: »
    Brutal legend and dead space are €7 pre-owned in xtra-vision

Brutal Legend is 8.99 new in argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

Dead Space is a fantastic game and a steal at that price. Brutal Lengend lives up to the first part of it's name....were it not for the main character and the good music... I don't think I'd pick it up again if it was going for 99 cent.... Awful game!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

1 euro for lost planet 2 and it aint a misprice... "6 more games to follow over the next 6 days - all for the same price"

http://www.gamestop.ie/30223_Xbox_360_Lost_Planet_2.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ARGURIOS1 wrote: »
    1 euro for lost planet 2 and it aint a misprice... "6 more games to follow over the next 6 days - all for the same price"

http://www.gamestop.ie/30223_Xbox_360_Lost_Planet_2.aspx
    Shipping €2
    Not bad really is it?
    Interested to see what else comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

yeah will keep an eye on this one, hopefully there will be something interesting.

Borderlands, Game of the Year edition is available for preorder now
    €21 on play.com. Really good price for it and ALL the dlc released.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/-/16245554/-/Product.html?source=9593

or around about €20 on zavvi, asda or the hut.com.

Seeing as it's €50 on Steam :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I just posted this on Bargain Alerts and thought I should post it here too

Anyone who owns, or is planning to purchase the new Guitar Hero : Warriors of rock game can download three free songs for this week only. Its called the Rocktober fest track pack and contains the following songs

Resistance - Muse
    Na na na - My Chemical Romance
    The Infection - Disturbed.

I checked this on Xbox live. Its been pointed out to me that this is only available to people with Xbox live gold accounts

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry to ask but if anyone sees Scott Pilgrim or Castle Crashers on sale on XBL, could you post it? I'd really like to buy the games but especially CC has been out for a while so i can wait until they go on sale!

Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack is on special on Steam at the moment.
    €4.69 for all five episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Armored Core:For Answer only €7 in HMV for the xbox version :)

Yoink!

Vanquish is only €34 for pre-order on Zavvi, probably wont have it by release day but a damn nice price for it before its even out.

EDIT: Also saw marvel ultimate Alliance 2 on PS3 for €12 in HMV Henry St, not a great game but 12 bones aint bad for a few hours of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Vanquish is only €34 for pre-order on Zavvi, probably wont have it by release day but a damn nice price for it before its even out.

Vanquish is £33.95 + postage from Zavvi . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Rael wrote: »
    Vanquish is £33.95 + postage from Zavvi . . .

nope, ya missed it:p my reciept: 30gbp ~ about 35e, great price. the price prob went up after that day.

vanquish30gbp.jpg

Must have been trying to offload the stock as pre-orders were low or something. I say after a month it will be cropping up in their Monday Bargain newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

it was like a promo sales i guess. i agree that the price will prob drop quickly in few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

Not my cup of tea but its gotten good reviews

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-vanquish/706375

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Batman Arkum Assylum GOTY Edition is a quite reasonable 17 euro on steam at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

marco_polo wrote: »
    Batman Arkum Assylum GOTY Edition is a quite reasonable 17 euro on steam at the moment.

GAME have it on all formats for 12 euro

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

GAME have it on all formats for 12 euro

I was prepared for this, which is why I purposefully chose the word reasonable rather than bargain to give me some wiggle room ;).

Nah it was really just a heads up people who may have been waiting for a cheaper digital copy, where possible it is my preferred option too I have to say (Despite this I have never paid the full price for any of my steam games).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Defensive before the attack :)

Fancy a game of Starcraft? ;)

Actually for 12 euro I think I might just pick it up for my criminally underused Xbox instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

marco_polo wrote: »
    I was prepared for this, which is why I purposefully chose the word reasonable rather than bargain to give me some wiggle room ;).

Nah it was really just a heads up people who may have been waiting for a cheaper digital copy, where possible it is my preferred option too I have to say (Despite this I have never paid the full price for any of my steam games).
    $13.80 aint bad. Had the Demo installed from a while ago and forgot to run it. Very enticing, installing the full now :pac: I love gaming on the bleeding edge of last year.

Edit: damnit what a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Numen: Contest of heroes €2 on steam, can't really go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

75% off all Red Faction games on Steam.

Red faction 1 - €1.24

Red faction 2 - €1.24

Red faction Guerrilla - €4.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

ShaneU wrote: »

Got a refund on this but also received 3 coolpoints to cover my disappointment so not too shabby.

Everyone else who purchased at this price once all the keys were used should received points as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement