Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

TomCo wrote: »
    The Beatles Rock Band is 12.99 new in HMV, game only.

Just went into a HMV to pick this up, and the staff looked at me like I'm mad.

They have the drums for the price you posted, but the Beatles game only was regular price.

Which HMV was this in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tis £12 on Amazon... Not too much difference to HMV's price, but you'd have to pad the order out to £25 to avail of free shipping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Rock-Band-Xbox-360/dp/B0021AEKN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1285353380&sr=8-1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

tman wrote: »
    Tis £12 on Amazon... Not too much difference to HMV's price, but you'd have to pad the order out to £25 to avail of free shipping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles-Rock-Band-Xbox-360/dp/B0021AEKN0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1285353380&sr=8-1

You could pad it out with Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 ;12.99 :eek:

and something else for 0.2 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

They have the drums for the price you posted, but the Beatles game only was regular price.

Which HMV was this in?

I saw this in Henry Street yesterday.
    Ask them to check the "system" price.
    Chances are the price was changed but they didn't get a chance to change them on the floor as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Which HMV was this in?

The one on Henry street, they had them displayed on top of the drum boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

if anyone is looking for the limited edition rockband beatles set i have 1 that i have no use for, its never been played btw will take 60 for it as i have no room in my house with baby etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Saw Rockband drumsets in HMV for €13.99. Might be handy for someone with just the guitars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciansmith

I saw a PS2 game in Gamestop the other day for 99c. Bargain. It's a good game as I remember playing it before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

ciansmith wrote: »
    I saw a PS2 game in Gamestop the other day for 99c. Bargain. It's a good game as I remember playing it before.

Which game? :P I recall them having Pop Idol there for 99c which isn't a great game....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

:P I recall them having Pop Idol there for 99c which isn't a great game....

lol, I got Kuri Kuri Mix for 99c in Gamestop, ages ago. That was a cool little game for the coop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I saw some food for 50c in Tesco the other day, great food too I can remember eating it before!!!

It does help a lot if you let us know which Gamestop and which particular game...

800 free Microsoft points when you spend 2400 on Arcade games and/or game add-ons during October.

Details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tim from from Rewind Gaming & Rewind Bits has offered me a 10% discount code which I can pass on to any boardsies. The code won't apply to postage, or current sale offers, but otherwise has unlimited use!

PM me for the code, & please keep it to yourself (don't post it elsewhere). It's for Boards.ie users only so to be fair to Tim - don't duplicate it or it will be revoked.

Thanks to Mr.E for giving the post the green light.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Left 4 dead 1 + 2 bundle now only E10.19 on steam to concide with the Mac release, and that of the Sacrifice DLC.

Just over 6 Euro each individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

marco_polo wrote: »
    Left 4 dead 1 + 2 bundle now only E10.19 on steam to concide with the Mac release, and that of the Sacrifice DLC.

Just over 6 Euro each individually.

OMFG!

Been waiting for a deal like this for ages, I can't stand the Xbox controls so I've been waiting to get this for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If I already have Left 4 Dead 2, can I gift the 'new' one to someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If I already have Left 4 Dead 2, can I gift the 'new' one to someone else?

Why not just get L4D on it's own? The single options are cheaper as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So am trying not to impulse buy games this month and Valve go ahead and do this.......... :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So am trying not to impulse buy games this month and Valve go ahead and do this.......... :mad:

If you waited this long to get Left 4 Dead, then I wouldn't call it impulse.
    Buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

From Green Man Gaming, serial works in Steam:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/alpha-protocol/download/

(Works for Ireland but supposedly not all parts of Europe)

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just saw Mass Effect 2 [PC] about 15 copies for 12 euro and rock band drums also 12 euros in Zavi in the Whitewater shopping center Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

oceanclub wrote: »
    From Green Man Gaming, serial works in Steam:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/alpha-protocol/download/

(Works for Ireland but supposedly not all parts of Europe)

P.

Must have been a mistake, its 24.99 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dcully wrote: »
    Just saw Mass Effect 2 [PC] about 15 copies for 12 euro and rock band drums also 12 euros in Zavi in the Whitewater shopping center Newbridge.
    Whoa!
    That's a blast from the past. Zavvi? They went under a couple of years back. Surely they aren't still operating? Other than their website, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Whoa!
    That's a blast from the past. Zavvi? They went under a couple of years back. Surely they aren't still operating? Other than their website, that is.
    I believe it's HMV now. The zavvi stores here were either closed or changed to HMVs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whoa!

Will always be Zavvi to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The guys who were running Virgin Megastore bought it out from Richard Branson.

Since it left the Virgin group, they name-changed to Zavvi, but pretty much all the staff from senior management right down to the shop workers stayed the same.

Zavvi had some money troubles and went out of business (pre-recession).

HMV bought the closed Zavvi stores in locations where they didn't already have a HMV (Dundrum for example) and chose not to buy the ones where there was already a HMV store (Blanchardstown).

HMV did keep on the Zavvi staff in any store they did buy, which was nice of them I guess.

So HMV isn't Zavvi, they just got a sweet deal on their locations.

/the more you know

Just posted this in the bargain alerts section

41dv8gqa9CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Was just in 'Game' in Dundrum the other day and saw a load of these limited edition wireless controllers for the XBOX 360 for the grand price of €26.99, reduced from €50

Seems like a very good price for a 360 controller, let alone a limited edition one.

Edit.
    Looks like its this price when purchased with another product. Someone suggested buying something very cheap with it to get it at this price. Sorry about the initial misinformation.

41dv8gqa9CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Was just in 'Game' in Dundrum the other day and saw a load of these limited edition wireless controllers for the XBOX 360 for the grand price of €26.99, reduced from €50

Not to detract from the deal but there is a redesigned 360 controller in the pipeline. Pricing is not guaranteed to be non-ridiculous. ;)

More here: [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

TomCo wrote: »
    Must have been a mistake, its 24.99 now.

Indeed it was. Luckily I bought before it changes back, and Green Man are honouring the serial codes (their bad, as they say). Not a bad game either so far...

P.

• Advertisement

oceanclub wrote: »
    Indeed it was. Luckily I bought before it changes back, and Green Man are honouring the serial codes (their bad, as they say). Not a bad game either so far...

P.
    I quite enjoyed it to be honest. The game mechanics are not it's strongest point. The shooting is very annoying and weird at first, but once you plough AP into the pistol it becomes a lt easier/enjoyable to use. The story and choise within the game, I feel, are it's strongest point. I started it again when I finished it but my game save fecked up so I stopped. Great game for €2.49, good game for anything under €20.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement