Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Zavvi's monday sale includes both 360 and PS3 versions of Resi 5 (Gold Edition - includes both DLCs) for 16.45 euros (plus...1.15 P&P) which is a great deal IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brutal Legend is €8.99 in Argos. Xbox 360 version. Was €24.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9008766/c_1/1|category_root|Video%2Bgames|14419738/c_2/2|cat_14419738|Clearance%2BVideo%2Bgames|14521085.htm

EDIT: Strange. The PS3 version is €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

That_Guy wrote: »
    Strange. The PS3 version is €12.99
    It's €9.99 in Harvey Normans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (expansion to DAO) for the pc is only 6.99 in hmv. Bought mine in dundrum branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening (expansion to DAO) for the pc is only 6.99 in hmv. Bought mine in dundrum branch.

Popped around to Henry St, none there, boo.

(Still great to see HMV's pricing scheme: Just Cause 2 on XBox, €22; on PC, €39).

P.

• Advertisement

oceanclub wrote: »
    Popped around to Henry St, none there, boo.

(Still great to see HMV's pricing scheme: Just Cause 2 on XBox, €22; on PC, €39).

P.
    Ha, saw Just cause 2 for the PC there. The Limited Edition was priced at €39, while the regular version was priced at €50. Madness. I do remember when they tried to sell a Lost:Season 2 boxset for €100 two years after it's release.

I think I might have gotten the last one in Dundrum. Couldn't see any around. Could always ask to see if they have any in the back. Save yourself another trip, and give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kane and Lynch 2 is only €29.99 in HMV.

Kane and Lynch 2 is only €29.99 in HMV.
    Been posted in the BA section too. If you hurry, you can get a free copy of Leon on Bluray too with the PS3 version. Someone over there also pointed that you can get Public Enemies on Bluray too with Mafia 2. I think both those BluRays are on special with a 2 for €30 offer. So if you buy the two games with the two free blurays you can get even more money off. Not sure myself if it will work though. Can't confirm it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Sorry I meant to post it here too, forgot. The Leon Bluray offer maybe finished as it was just for preorders,worth a chance though as it is a great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Zavvi.com seem to be doing an up to 80% discount today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

spot anything decent?

Nothing I don't already have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I picked up demon's souls black phantom edition used in xtra vision today for 35 euro i think that a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pixelperfect

I dont know if this has been said yet but Xtravision messed up the pricing on Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Xbox. A used copy is E35 while a brand new copy is E34.99. I saw it about 2 months ago but as far as I know it's still the same prices now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I dont know if this has been said yet but Xtravision messed up the pricing on Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Xbox. A used copy is E35 while a brand new copy is E34.99. I saw it about 2 months ago but as far as I know it's still the same prices now.

I'd recommend HMV and Game patrons to be extra vigilant as well, they have a disgusting habit of charging the same amount (or in some cases -- higher) for a 2nd hand copy than a new one. Scum. Sub-human scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pixelperfect

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd recommend HMV and Game patrons to be extra vigilant as well, they have a disgusting habit of charging the same amount (or in some cases -- higher) for a 2nd hand copy than a new one. Scum. Sub-human scum.

Also I just remembered, I once bought Lost Odyssey on Xbox also in Xtravision for 15 quid while the used one was 22.99

Via Savygamer:

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/promos/d2d-turns-6/

Some fairly good games there, I highly recommend Tropico 3:. It's around €4.65 if you buy from the US site instead of in Euro:
    To celebrate being around for six years, Direct2Drive are having a month of sales. Each week a selection of games will be reduced to £6/$6/€6 but there’s no regional restriction, so going to the US site saves you money.

This week you can get these for £3.91 each:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Jedi Knight Bundle
    Contains Dark Forces, Jedi Knight II and Jedi Knight Academy

Achtung Panzer

Titan Quest Bundle
    Contains Titan Quest and the expansion

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Tropico 3

Tropico Reloaded
    Contains Tropico, Paradise Island and Tropico 2 Pirate Cove

Football Manager 2010

Penumbra Collection
    Contains Penumbra: Black Plague, Requiem and Overture

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Via Savygamer:

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/promos/d2d-turns-6/

Some fairly good games there, I highly recommend Tropico 3:. It's around €4.65 if you buy from the US site instead of in Euro:

As you say, the titles are cheaper on their European site than the one you linked to. Don't think people will be able to buy from the US site with an Irish credit card iirc:

http://www.direct2drive.eu/promos/d2d-turns-6/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the xtravision sale is well worth checking out. Got myself Brutal Legend for 10 euro and Trauma Centre Second Opinion for 15. Plenty more there but none that interested me.

D2D are also doing some great 1 day only deals today you can get Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for €9.95. Well worth it for a fantastic RPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

picked up brutal legend in argos today for 8.99 BARGAIN great game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

company of heroes specials on Steam,

CoH original €1.99
    or with all expansions €11.50
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4560

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Absolute must buy if you dont already have it..its a steal for 2e:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tbh for 2 quid its too much for patching of it.

****ign retarded system and i liked that game but having to download the game 7 times for 7 patches was quite gay.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    tbh for 2 quid its too much for patching of it.

****ign retarded system and i liked that game but having to download the game 7 times for 7 patches was quite gay.

Actually, the best thing about buying CoH on Steam is because of the autopatching (the disk version was horrendous to patch).

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Actually, the best thing about buying CoH on Steam is because of the autopatching (the disk version was horrendous to patch).

P.

Dunno if its fixed but you had to download the entire game every time patch came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

CoH is going free to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I was in Waterford and called into the pawn shop down there.

Nearly every game was €7?

Picked up Brutal Legend... €7.

Great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

rizzla wrote: »
    CoH is going free to play.

Is that in Europe? .. and is that only the multiplayer section?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement