Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Age of Empires 2 HD

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empires-II-HD-Download/dp/B00CMSCTA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373795265&sr=8-1&keywords=age+of+empires+2+hd

with using the "Gooncave" code it brings it down to around €6.50 which is cheaper than Steam atm. Activates no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Does that price still work out considering the price of the game is now $19.99? I didn't see AoE2 HD on Amazon yesterday so not sure if it was on sale yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Does that price still work out considering the price of the game is now $19.99?

No not anymore as Amazons sale is now over unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Clover wrote: »
    No not anymore as Amazons sale is now over unfortunately.

Feck it, was going to buy this today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bah I'm holding off because I think it'll go to -66% or even -75% before the end of the sale. :pac:

• Advertisement

Bah I'm holding off because I think it'll go to -66% or even -75% before the end of the sale. :pac:

I really hope it does! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Nope, it won't. It was on a daily deal, which is the lowest it'll go in the course of a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58463/xbox-live-sale-devil-may-cry-resi-5-ssf4-asuras-wrath-go-cheap/

Capcom sale on Xbox, anyone know if Asura's Wrath is worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

wexdevil wrote: »
    Capcom sale on Xbox, anyone know if Asura's Wrath is worth picking up?

I believe the general consensus is that it's loads of fun and has a cool story, but is a bit light on "proper" gameplay, as the majority of the action is through cut-scenes and quick-time events.

So it's worth is probably down to how you feel about that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Also read that the proper ending is in the DLC, which isn't a move you'd like to encourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

4 games for 1 euro on amazon. If you buy any game you get 3 for free. Games you get for free are ticket to ride, Drip Drip and Party of Sin*. So you can buy Abe's Exoddus for $1.24 and get the free games

*there is currently an issue with party of sin. Amazon are trying to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Good few console games at gamespot.ie going cheap, online only.
    [url][/url]

Lollipop Chainsaw, Max Payne 3 and Soul Calibur V stand out. All €8.87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Downlinz wrote: »
    [url][/url]

They were that price in the shop last week when I went in, so think it might be in store too

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Downlinz wrote: »
    [url][/url]

Some of these are 3 for 2 to boot.

Deus Ex:HR, RAGE, Formula 1 2011, Syndicate among others...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

JustPaddy1 wrote: »
    4 games for 1 euro on amazon. If you buy any game you get 3 for free. Games you get for free are ticket to ride, Drip Drip and Party of Sin*. So you can buy Abe's Exoddus for $1.24 and get the free games

I bought Bioshock 1 & 2 but got nothing free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

GarIT wrote: »
    I bought Bioshock 1 & 2 but got nothing free.

Don't know if it's the same now, but when I bought Hotline Miami off them last week, the freebies were only available with games bought from Amazon's "indie" catalogue.

Edit: And yay, Satanic post. Sanctus. Dominus. Etc.

JustPaddy1 wrote: »

Use code 'Gooncave' for an extra 15% off :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

DaLad wrote: »
    Use code 'Gooncave' for an extra 15% off :cool:

Sleeping Dogs for €4 on Amazon.com when you use the "Gooncave" code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

4 free games including megaman unlimited. Servers overloaded atm.

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Psychonauts on Amazon $2.50 = €1.92

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Get Civ V for €4 if you add it to any order over €5 https://www.g2play.net/store/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Get Civ V for €4 if you add it to any order over €5 https://www.g2play.net/store/

I don't even like the Civilisation games yet I still clicked the link because it's a bargain. What the hell is wrong with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I don't even like the Civilisation games yet I still clicked the link because it's a bargain. What the hell is wrong with me?
    Pretty sure that's quite normal behavior for us pc gamers ;) Oh btw! How on earth do you not like Civ it's super awesome?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pretty sure that's quite normal behavior for us pc gamers ;) Oh btw! How on earth do you not like Civ it's super awesome?

A game being super awesome and liking it are two wholly different things. Take Civ IV for example. No matter how much I loved the game another part of me absolutely despised it. I had to get up for work some morning at 5.30 a.m. Not usually a probably except one summer I started playing Civ IV and then I often found it'd be 5.00 a.m that I'd be going to bed! I'd be using the coffee machine's strongest coffee to keep myself going until lunch which I'd basically sleep through. In short, I grew to hate myself a bit and as a consequence I also hated Civ. (And loved it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yet again, "Pretty sure that's quite normal behavior for us pc gamers". :pac:

Jernal wrote: »
    I had to get up for work some morning at 5.30 a.m. Not usually a probably except one summer I started playing Civ IV and then I often found it'd be 5.00 a.m that I'd be going to bed! I'd be using the coffee machine's strongest coffee to keep myself going until lunch which I'd basically sleep through. (And loved it!)

Lol. Story of my life! Back when I used to be working for DHL, I'd be up at 5:20 for work, wouldn't be after going asleep 'till like an hour beforehand! Gaming addiction is a terrible drug! :P

Then just this morning, I had to be in work for 9:30, wasn't planning on staying up late but a friend of mine had recently purchased/built his first gaming PC & wanted me to get on Arma 3 with him to show him the basics, ended up not getting asleep till 5am. Not as extreme but still found myself drinking coffee like it was the elixir of life! :p

Yet again, "Pretty sure that's quite normal behavior for us pc gamers". :pac:

Or just gamers in general :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Big sale over on the Hungarian Xbox store again. Just see this link on hukd.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hungarian-account-xbox-live-capcom-sale-ssf4ae-dmc-hd-collection-umvc-600msp-1607334

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement