Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Vast majority of steam keys are ROW, with only a select few being region locked (Dead island being one I think). You should be fine buying off those sites, ive never had any issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Tinie wrote: »

Don't pay for it with PayPal unless you have a US verified account. I used my Irish credit card and they took payment and processed the order. Still haven't received the code yet though. Do they email it?

Don't pay for it with PayPal unless you have a US verified account. I used my Irish credit card and they took payment and processed the order. Still haven't received the code yet though. Do they email it?

Ya but it took a while. Reading through reddit now they seem to be cancelling a lot of orders though. The game should be dirt cheap to buy on trading forums after this anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Yeah, though they say it usually arrives within 30 mins, but can take up to 8 hours. I'd say they're being hammered right now as well, as word of this spreads. I can see them running out of keys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ya but it took a while. Reading through reddit now they seem to be cancelling a lot of orders though. The game should be dirt cheap to buy on trading forums after this anyway.

Bugger. Got a feeling I won't get this one. Pity. Cheers for putting it up though.

Cancelled because they couldn't verify my information. Might be because the address I gave them didn't match my card address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

How do you find out if it was canceled? Email?

How do you find out if it was canceled? Email?

Yeah, mine got cancelled. I put through a second order with the address Tinie provided on the steam sale thread. Hopefully that works.

I have a fully fleshed out address in Philadelphia so hopefully im well in. Been waiting near an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I have a fully fleshed out address in Philadelphia so hopefully im well in. Been waiting near an hour

Don't think it's in relation to the actual address, but rather the fact your CC is from Ireland.

My two orders are still "in process". Don't expect them to be finalised, going by what you guys are saying. Ah well, 'twas a bit of excitement!

This is what everyone will remember from the steam summer sale of 2013 ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone having issues using their Irish cards to buy stuff from Steam? Neither my Visa or Mastercard seemed to work. Had to use PayPal.

Friend of mine experienced the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Pity I wasn't up at 2.39 to see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BMTHian.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues using their Irish cards to buy stuff from Steam? Neither my Visa or Mastercard seemed to work. Had to use PayPal.

Friend of mine experienced the same problem.

I know my friend experienced some problems for about an hour yesterday but after some determination it finally allowed him to use his debit card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think its likely the issue with steam was perfomance based more so than the credit cards. It kept coming up with 503 errors all the time for me on the website and in steam itself.

New Flash Sale:
    Duke Nukem 3D -66% €3.39
    Football Manager 2013 -75% €8.74
    Little Inferno -75% €2.24
    Civilization V -75% - €7.49

New Community Choice:
    Saints Row the Third -75% €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

just so everyone knows, I got my third cancelation email from Best Buy after using the Texas address. No 1 cent game for me anyway

Fair play Tinie for find that though! Looks like it was actually legit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is kinguin.net reliable and safe?
    The games are so cheap on it.
    In a lot of cases they demolish the steam sale prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's as reliable as any of those key reseller sites, with the only caveat being about the possibility that Steam might not honour the game but that doesn't happen
    Also make sure it doesn't need a vpn to activate the game due to region locking

Ha, the two orders I tried to make for Metro LL are still "in process" this morning. I'm telling ya, if I don't get my €0.02 refunded there'll be hell to pay!!

Im dying to find out if I got in in time and got my copy.

My order was cancelled today. Ah well, it was worth a shot.

There's an Atari Promotion over at GOG for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Hotline Miami worth a go?

marko93 wrote: »

For that price I don't see the risk. Heard nothing but good things. Got ~85 on metacritic.

Its a bloody brilliant game. I'd recomend it even if it was a tenner.

Nuuvem has the Skyrim DLCs for 6.73 each.

marko93 wrote: »

Violent, visually striking, great soundtrack, challenging and bloody good fun. As Corvo says, worth it at full price. At a little over €2, it's a no brainer.

Check the price on Amazon.com though. They were price matching indie titles in the last couple of days, and throwing some free games into the mix as well.

Edit: Yeah, it's €1.92 on Amazon.com at the moment. Use the voucher code GOONCAVE for an extra 15% off!

Edit 2: That GOONCAVE code can only be used once (thanks Danger781) so use it on a bigger purchase if possible.

• Advertisement

Buy it now!!! Buy 8. Give one to your mom just get that game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement