Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Speaking of Amazon.com, the Deep Silver "Power Pack 2" (Steam) is available for just under €10.90. It includes;
    • Saints Row 2 & 3 (Full Package)
    • Dead Island GOTY
    • Metro 2033.

Apparently, you can use the code GOONCAVE for another 15% off, but it didn't work for me that time - maybe you can only use it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Speaking of Amazon.com, the Deep Silver "Power Pack 2" (Steam) is available for just under €10.90. It includes;
    • Dead Island GOTY
    • Metro 2033.

Apparently, you can use the code GOONCAVE for another 15% off, but it didn't work for me that time - maybe you can only use it once.

One off code I'm afraid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Danger781 wrote: »
    One off code I'm afraid :)

Damn wish I hadn't wasted it on getting 15% off Hotline Miami think I saved a cool 20c on that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Danger781 wrote: »
    For that price I don't see the risk. Heard nothing but good things. Got ~85 on metacritic.
    Its a bloody brilliant game. I'd recomend it even if it was a tenner.

Violent, visually striking, great soundtrack, challenging and bloody good fun. As Corvo says, worth it at full price. At a little over €2, it's a no brainer.

Check the price on Amazon.com though. They were price matching indie titles in the last couple of days, and throwing some free games into the mix as well.

Edit: Yeah, it's €1.92 on Amazon.com at the moment. Use the voucher code GOONCAVE for an extra 15% off!

Edit 2: That GOONCAVE code can only be used once (thanks Danger781) so use it on a bigger purchase if possible.
    Buy it now!!! Buy 8. Give one to your mom just get that game.

Just bought it there, it'll have to sit in my library till Mid-August untouched though :(

marko93 wrote: »
    Just bought it there, it'll have to sit in my library till Mid-August untouched though :(

That is perfectly acceptable behaviour in these circumstances. If anything, you'll be getting around to it a bit too quickly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

marko93 wrote: »

Once you start playing you'll wish that you never bought it. It will infuriate you but slowly reveal its beauty.

Any wondering whether or not Brave New World is worth getting should have a look at this review from Kotaku
    http://kotaku.com/civilization-v-brave-new-world-the-kotaku-review-696884329?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueWolves

• Dead Island GOTY
    • Metro 2033.

Bought this with the code and it worked. All for only 9.24:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Is kinguin.net reliable and safe?
    The games are so cheap on it.
    In a lot of cases they demolish the steam sale prices.

Used it a few times in the past couple of months. No issues as of yet. The site gives you fair warning about VPN keys. Best to heed that warning and avoid them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got hotline miami off amazon there, then they e-mailed me me giving me three other games for free! Not bad for less than 2 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got hotline miami off amazon there, then they e-mailed me me giving me three other games for free! Not bad for less than 2 euro!

Pfft there was uh I think 10 games with Hotline Miami in a previous humble bundle. :cool:

Still waiting on Metro LL. Jeeze BestBuy make up your mind.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jernal wrote: »
    Pfft there was uh I think 10 games with Hotline Miami in a previous humble bundle. :cool:

Yeah I baught that bundle but didn't stump up the extra cents i needed to get hotline :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jernal wrote: »

Thanks! I was here thinking to myself if I had it or not but once you mentioned the bundle I remembered that's where I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

• Dead Island GOTY
    • Metro 2033.

Is it all the one key?

No, four separate ones. :)

No, four separate ones. :)

Perfect! Was just about to splash the 7 odd quid on Saints Row The Third on steam! Glad I check here first!

GetGamesGo has up to 75% off Codemaster racing games here. All activate on Steam apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement

Sooooo, Metro Last Light for a cent?

Nope.
    Metro: Last Light Digital Download Pricing Concern

Hello Everyone

Recently there was an issue where the digital download of Metro: Last Light was briefly listed on BestBuy.com at one penny. This pricing was incorrect and the digital download was intended to be free with the purchase of select graphics cards. Any orders that were placed for this item at this amount should be cancelled as per our Conditions of Use found here. Specifically:

Errors on Our Site

“Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.”

Customers that placed an order with a qualifying graphics card should still receive the game as part of their order.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused our customers.

Thanks,

Bill|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Sooooo, Metro Last Light for a cent?

My first order is still processing.

Believe.

:P

Still processing too. Maybe they are too far gone. #believe

Doubt yas are going to get anything. I'd say they're going through accounts to see who should actually get it, so it's probably only a matter of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Bioshock Dual Pack [Online Game Code] $4.99 = €3.84 on Amazon

Or go for

Desert to Sea Bundle [Download]
    that also has Spec Ops the Line for $9.99 = €7.69.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

amazon

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
    2. Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

$19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭romperstomper

amazon

1. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition
    2. Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
    3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

$19.99

WTF is wrong with me? i own ALL those games and still find myself thinking 'how can I NOT buy those great games at that price?'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You have no idea what this sale is doing to me, cant afford to buy the games,but look at them all day long, and post the deals for others. :D
    I so want that bundle, and tomb raider and many more haha.

got FTL for 1.35 and that is it for me in this sale. And its sooooo goooood.

You have no idea what this sale is doing to me, cant afford to buy the games,but look at them all day long, and post the deals for others. :D
    I so want that bundle, and tomb raider and many more haha.

got FTL for 1.35 and that is it for me in this sale. And its sooooo goooood.

I just want to get x-com for less that $10 if you wanna go splitsies im all in :D I already have the 2 Civ games

• Advertisement

I just want to get x-com for less that $10 if you wanna go splitsies im all in :D I already have the 2 Civ games

If you actually are interested in working something out, I really want the Civ games, and already have X-Com on the PS3. Drop me a PM if you want!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement