Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

C14N wrote: »
    I still think Origin is woeful. I had forgotten about it because I hadn't had to use it since Mass Effect 3 but Battlefield 3 forced me to use it too and it was dreadful. It took me 2 days to download 9GB from Gamefly and then Origin wanted to install another 13GB which took well over a week. Main problems I had were:
    • The software crashed several times a day while being left to download which was annoying.
    • It was slower than other programs at downloading, usually getting less than 50% of the speed on most sites and it often slowed down over time to dial up speeds of about 3 or 4 kbps which meant I had to restart it to set it straight again.
    • More than once, I had left it overnight expecting it to get through several gigs by the time I woke up to find it had paused itself after about half an hour and made barely any progress.

Definitely worse than Uplay for me, and I really don't like Uplay. Had some problems with it trying and failing to sync files with the cloud too. Apart from that, when the game actually got started I didn't get many problems.

I found it just as quick for downloading a game as steam would be although I have mobile broadband so thats not saying much. I finally found out how to see the DLC for a game but you have to buy the game before you can see it. Then I have to go to bioware and buy their points. I can see why steam made the rule that the DLC must be available.

I havent found anything bad with origin yet but it does feel pointless to me and would only use it if no other option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Tripico 3 here with 4 other stragety games for €2.72, Patrician is also supposed to be really good, I don't know about the other 3. http://www.bundlestars.com/deals/masters-of-strategy-bundle/?fb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Not a bargain but a question, do games from Amazon and Nuuvem activate on steam, also are you required to live locally to purchase from them or is there a way around this.?

Kolido wrote: »
    Not a bargain but a question, do games from Amazon and Nuuvem activate on steam, also are you required to live locally to purchase from them or is there a way around this.?

Some do some don't. You will be able to see If it's a steam game on the page for the game. Yes you are required to live in the US (Amazon) or Brazil (I think, for Nuuvem). You could lie about where you live, they don't check. This is not a law either, it is just the sellers preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Kolido wrote: »

Put in an Irish address for Nuuvem and I've successfully bought Civ 5: Brave New World, Skyrim: Dragonborn and Borderlands 1 & 2 with no issues. Just pop the code into Steam and away you go, haven't tried any non-Steam purchases yet but I expect there'd be no locational requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Really depends on the game. Metro LL for instance IS region locked. Copies bought on Nuuvem will not work outside of Brazil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

dead island is also region locked I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GarIT wrote: »
    Some do some don't. You will be able to see If it's a steam game on the page for the game. Yes you are required to live in the US (Amazon) or Brazil (I think, for Nuuvem). You could lie about where you live, they don't check. This is not a law either, it is just the sellers preference.

Not entirely true, their license/agreement to sell would be based on territories. This is why registering with an address within their respective territory is needed. Otherwise Amazon will be selling the keys at the same rates on their .co.uk site.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Put in an Irish address for Nuuvem and I've successfully bought Civ 5: Brave New World, Skyrim: Dragonborn and Borderlands 1 & 2 with no issues. Just pop the code into Steam and away you go, haven't tried any non-Steam purchases yet but I expect there'd be no locational requirement.

Yeah my address is Irish too but I had to put a location from Brazil in a few days after I first registered so my address is still my real home address but my location is Sao Paulo, I've bought a good few games from them too with no problems (Steam & Uplay keys).

Not entirely true, their license/agreement to sell would be based on territories. This is why registering with an address within their respective territory is needed. Otherwise Amazon will be selling the keys at the same rates on their .co.uk site.

That's Amazon breaking agreements by not checking rather than the customer doing anything wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thanks for all the reponses guys, much appreciated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GarIT wrote: »
    That's Amazon breaking agreements by not checking rather than the customer doing anything wrong.

Which is exactly what I said...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Ys origin for 5.43 on steam at the moment! bargain and a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Can you buy games with a fake US address on gamestop.com? If so are they steam keys?

simon360 wrote: »
    Can you buy games with a fake US address on gamestop.com? If so are they steam keys?

You sure can! I bought the F.E.A.R bundle a couple of months back, I think I actually used my Irish address not 100% on that tho :pac:

EDIT:You have to make sure there Steam or Uplay keys tho because Origin keys are region locked

Humble Bundle weekly sale including Democracy 2 €2.40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

EDIT:You have to make sure there Steam or Uplay keys tho because Origin keys are region locked

I hope you are wrong because i bought some origin keys during the sale.. havent activated them yet.. although i assume i can just use a VPN?

Danger781 wrote: »
    I hope you are wrong because i bought some origin keys during the sale.. havent activated them yet.. although i assume i can just use a VPN?

I've used origin keys from Amazon US fine.
    simon360 wrote: »

Gamestop have their own app, so unless they state Steam/Origin...etc it's likely to be through that. I've bought games through it fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN
    €9.19

BORDERLANDS 2
    €7.49

steam keys

http://getgamesgo.com/category/borderlands-and-xcom-sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow, now that's cheap! :O

I've used origin keys from Amazon US fine.

Oh right, I always heard Origin keys were region locked :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Game also have Tomb Raider for 22 Euro and Metro Last Light for 27 Euro both for PS3

Will depend on the publisher/game, as often mentioned for Dead Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I've bought some Indian origin keys, work fine.

It probably depends on the game, I've heard of people saying the keys are region locked before too, could be just EA being ****'s too, everything is unclear!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl is only €1.74 on Steam! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jernal wrote: »
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl is only €1.74 on Steam! ! !

The other 2 are also 75% off
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat €4.99
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky €2.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The other 2 are also 75% off
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat €4.99
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky €2.49

Wasnt there a bundle with all 3? Or was that taken down when clear sky (I think it was that one) went down?

greenmangaming are having a sale on Square Enix games
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/massive-savings-square-enix-titles/
    Might try out one of the older hitman games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know I've been looking out for them a number of times but each time Call of Pripyat was always full priced or less off than the other 2. This is the first time I've seen all 3 for less than €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up halo anniversary for six euro in xtravision today great deal in my few and it was new to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement