Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loftus hall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

It's for sale.

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Loftus-Hall-Fethard-on-sea-Co-Wexford/407322/

I was in the bar once, knew the owners back in the day, before he passed away.
    Yeah i think its for sale a good while now, i saw that add some time back!! What a house, could be amazing again in the right hands. I took a look at the photos in the add, pity it dosnt still look like that inside!!! Its absolutly trashed inside and filthy to. Are they gona do it up inside like it was?, before they have people viewing the house???? Surly the state of the place inside would turn potential buyers off???!!! Some people just cant see past the mess and get a mental pic of what the place could look like with a bit of TLC!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loftuslover

went down there fairly recently with 2 of my m8s was very creepy... didnt see any wierd old men etc... altough i suppose the fact it was 3 am might have lead to the lack of attention we recieved.... really wasnt up for it when we got there as their was an alarm box on the front and also on the right hand side of te house there was light shining behind the boards.... but i didnt drive 2 and a half hours to bitch out... so we proceeded with caution...

the main gate was a no go cause there was a silver Volkswagen Caddy kinda van car thing parked right outside.... so we went into the field to the right of the house which has just bein recently harvested.... there was straw bails etc all over it which really didnt settle the oul nerves.... felt like i was about to be abducted by aliens.... anyway we got to this ridiculously large wall on the far side of the field and decided not to head for the house straight on and stayed to the right..... when we got to the corner of the wall i tryed to climb it to scope out the area.... and naturally when i got to the top of this dirty big wall a slab which seemed solid broke off and i came tumbling down like humpty dumpty into the nettles and then got the slab of rock to the back.... no fun.... loftus wanted to give me pain... anyway we went around back and reached the second corner in the wall at which there is barbed wire and a freaky ass Virgin Mary statue which is broken in half and leaning up against the wall.... so creeped at this stage...

so on our approach to the house we avoided the old church and living quarters for the old workers and stuck out in the field till we were on the southwest side of the house which is the back for anyone without google maps.... and we went forward where there were no obstructions... then we noticed a red light ontop of the house and naturally jumped to the conclusion that it was an infrared camera and that we were busted... but after a 5 minute gander at it we realised it was an old un-activated emergency light which set our ideas of being arrested to rest... anyway we went up and touched the house and unless youve bein there in the pitch black u have no idea how **** scary it is.... the sheer size of the house and its boarded up windows.... really.... it gets ya.... so we pushed on around the house with some stealth as we were wary of that van at the frontgate and taught there may be security.... at the front of the house we noticed there was one window unboarded up to the left of the alarm box and we could see a faint light inside.... and to the right of the alarm box was the boarded up window that you could see proper light coming through.... anywho we proceded around the house some more all the time looking for a way in wthout "breaking" and entering.... we got a bit braver and went into the old church and snapped a few photos while gettin scared half to death by a pigeon that suddenly left its nest in the hurry.... we went into the old living quarters hoping to find a way in to no avail as everything but an old boiler room was boarded up... then i went mission impossible style

back were we started i decided maybe u can get in through the roof and decided to jump up onto the roof at the back of the house.... all the skylights were boarded up but you could see inside to were there used to be a chandaleer which was past a wall which i didnt think was safe to be on the other side of as i didnt no how sturdy the old slate section of roof was.... although for any other adventures the lower roof itself was perfectly safe for me and im 11 stone-ish.... but be careful... anyway after the we realised that the only way into the building would be with a crobar and would instantly turn the posssible "trespassing" charge into "breaking and entering" & "posession of a weapon" we decided that we'd had our experience and werent really up for being arrested for something serious....

all in all it was well worth the drive down and gave me something to do on a night when money for goin out wasnt accessible :p no paranormal things happened at all and the local wildlife gave us the biggest scares excluding the creek of the boards with the wind and of curse that eeery ass light which i still cant figure out....

Would love to know bout anyone else whos made the trip and maybe who has a way in without the use of brute force...

p.s sorry for the essay :o

went down there fairly recently with 2 of my m8s was very creepy... didnt see any wierd old men etc... altough i suppose the fact it was 3 am might have lead to the lack of attention we recieved.... really wasnt up for it when we got there as their was an alarm box on the front and also on the right hand side of te house there was light shining behind the boards.... but i didnt drive 2 and a half hours to bitch out... so we proceeded with caution...

the main gate was a no go cause there was a silver Volkswagen Caddy kinda van car thing parked right outside.... so we went into the field to the right of the house which has just bein recently harvested.... there was straw bails etc all over it which really didnt settle the oul nerves.... felt like i was about to be abducted by aliens.... anyway we got to this ridiculously large wall on the far side of the field and decided not to head for the house straight on and stayed to the right..... when we got to the corner of the wall i tryed to climb it to scope out the area.... and naturally when i got to the top of this dirty big wall a slab which seemed solid broke off and i came tumbling down like humpty dumpty into the nettles and then got the slab of rock to the back.... no fun.... loftus wanted to give me pain... anyway we went around back and reached the second corner in the wall at which there is barbed wire and a freaky ass Virgin Mary statue which is broken in half and leaning up against the wall.... so creeped at this stage...

so on our approach to the house we avoided the old church and living quarters for the old workers and stuck out in the field till we were on the southwest side of the house which is the back for anyone without google maps.... and we went forward where there were no obstructions... then we noticed a red light ontop of the house and naturally jumped to the conclusion that it was an infrared camera and that we were busted... but after a 5 minute gander at it we realised it was an old un-activated emergency light which set our ideas of being arrested to rest... anyway we went up and touched the house and unless youve bein there in the pitch black u have no idea how **** scary it is.... the sheer size of the house and its boarded up windows.... really.... it gets ya.... so we pushed on around the house with some stealth as we were wary of that van at the frontgate and taught there may be security.... at the front of the house we noticed there was one window unboarded up to the left of the alarm box and we could see a faint light inside.... and to the right of the alarm box was the boarded up window that you could see proper light coming through.... anywho we proceded around the house some more all the time looking for a way in wthout "breaking" and entering.... we got a bit braver and went into the old church and snapped a few photos while gettin scared half to death by a pigeon that suddenly left its nest in the hurry.... we went into the old living quarters hoping to find a way in to no avail as everything but an old boiler room was boarded up... then i went mission impossible style

back were we started i decided maybe u can get in through the roof and decided to jump up onto the roof at the back of the house.... all the skylights were boarded up but you could see inside to were there used to be a chandaleer which was past a wall which i didnt think was safe to be on the other side of as i didnt no how sturdy the old slate section of roof was.... although for any other adventures the lower roof itself was perfectly safe for me and im 11 stone-ish.... but be careful... anyway after the we realised that the only way into the building would be with a crobar and would instantly turn the posssible "trespassing" charge into "breaking and entering" & "posession of a weapon" we decided that we'd had our experience and werent really up for being arrested for something serious....

all in all it was well worth the drive down and gave me something to do on a night when money for goin out wasnt accessible :p no paranormal things happened at all and the local wildlife gave us the biggest scares excluding the creek of the boards with the wind and of curse that eeery ass light which i still cant figure out....

Would love to know bout anyone else whos made the trip and maybe who has a way in without the use of brute force...

p.s sorry for the essay :o

Hey,

Thanks for the story, i was there myself a few months back with my BF before the security was so 'in your face' :mad:..... But the guy in the gate lodge house was onto us after a while, plus it wasnt fully dark yet, and they kept driving up around the house circling it non stop....

Have you seen the inside of the house before?? Ive seen pics of every room inside, its manky, a guy and his GF got into the house some time back and went throught the whole place at night.;) "If there reading this now im sure they know who they are"..... they lit candles and shared a bottle of wine and some cigerates!! :D haha

So, the window with the light on, do you think there was someone in there? :confused: or lights just left on to put people off?? Was there no way in that window? Best thing to do is and the only way in is, unscrewing and removing one of the chip boards quietly and carefully, go in, and put it back in place while inside, so it looks like it hasnt been touched. Oh and remember what window you went in cos there is a hell of a lot of them!! When you leave just screw the board back on tight the way it was!! ;)

Would love to go back sometime for round 2 haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 koklekel

Talking about blatantly illegal activity in public
    I wonder who else is reading this?

Cop on to yourselves lads

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

you can see the legend of loftus hall here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsCIO0nN1g

• Advertisement

koklekel wrote: »
    Talking about blatantly illegal activity in public
    I wonder who else is reading this?

Cop on to yourselves lads

Looks like someone got out the wrong side of the bed this morning!?
    At the end of the day no one damaged the property ok!! And i dont think anyone that goes to that place even have intensions of damaging anything!! People are just curious, looking for adventure and nosey. Its harmless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

you can see the legend of loftus hall here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CsCIO0nN1g

Thanks a million for that! Been after that for a long time!

it's been copied from a video cassette so the quality ain't too great anyway. i may have compressed it a bit too much alright.

i have a 500mb version which i can get up on a file sharing site, no torrents allowed on my network unfortunatly..

i live up the road from it so been in it hundreds of times, when it was a convent, hotel and derelict..

had some laugh last night reading all the posts in this thread. the boys in blue blamed showing that video in the hook lighthouse for all the break-ins, so they banned it, i blame this thread :P

Cheers Sam, just watched the video. Interesting in places, gas in others!
    I liked the theory on the ball lightening heeheehee
    I'm sure the paranormalers will love this stuff ;)

If you upload the 500Mb I'll download it :) My main interest is in seeing the interior of the house. Amazing how much the place has deteriorated since being left empty. Funny that Sherry Fitz are still advertising the place with photographs that must of been taken in the 60s!

Yep there are some hysterical posts on this thread.
    and too many eejts about!

Thanks again for ripping the video, great work.

it's been copied from a video cassette so the quality ain't too great anyway. i may have compressed it a bit too much alright.

i have a 500mb version which i can get up on a file sharing site, no torrents allowed on my network unfortunatly..

i live up the road from it so been in it hundreds of times, when it was a convent, hotel and derelict..

had some laugh last night reading all the posts in this thread. the boys in blue blamed showing that video in the hook lighthouse for all the break-ins, so they banned it, i blame this thread :P

Great Vid, id really really love to see the propper one from start to finish. Is there anyway it can be got??
    Is that tomb that Ann was buried in at the back of the house/on site??

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just to make it clear to everyone. Anyone discussing snooping around or trying to get into Loftus except by legitimate means, will get a ban. K? Thanks.

Great Vid, id really really love to see the propper one from start to finish. Is there anyway it can be got??

i've applied for partnership in youtube, if i get it i'll put it up.

was never released on dvd just video cassette and they are getting rare..

no she is buried in the tomb at the church of ireland in fethard village beside the castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

I actually have that documentary on dvd, copied it from video some years back,it was a documentary/drama that RTE did and has all local actors playing the parts, have to root it out, but definitely have it somewhere, your welcome to a copy once i find it...............

yeah id love a copy if you found it, that would be great. PM me if you find it and ill send you my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi just spotted this chat...

It would be great to get in there I ponder if you got in contact with them would they let you in themselves if you said there was a group interested..I rem my unlce told me the storey years ago and gave me the documentry (only to find out it had star wars deep space nine recorded over it crap) so never got to see it.. I was told they had one on the oh crap what is it think it is the twilight zoen site but never got it.

I did go down one time with my sister to see if we could go in and people were a bit odd about it saying no not to chance it as I heard it was a lady was living there, she was a bit batty and had a shotgun that she wasnt afraid to use...

Did i see something aswell about on entrance on the beach

they are not letting anybody in there and again , its not haunted.

they are not letting anybody in there and again , its not haunted.
    Is this first hand information?!!

Well i live very close to it and there are no first hand storys of it being haunted.

The only haunted story there is that Satan played cards there and then jumped through the roof. The same story that every county has.

Its not even the same building were the story origonated from .
    That building was built later. The only reason why people say its Haunted is because it fits the cliche (House on the Haunted Hill)

This is also unfortunate as it is causing more break in's at the house. The local Hook light house even had to stop selling the story books about it to help protect the house from trespassers .

Well i live very close to it and there are no first hand storys of it being haunted.

The only haunted story there is that Satan played cards there and then jumped through the roof. The same story that every county has.

Its not even the same building were the story origonated from .
    That building was built later. The only reason why people say its Haunted is because it fits the cliche (House on the Haunted Hill)

This is also unfortunate as it is causing more break in's at the house. The local Hook light house even had to stop selling the story books about it to help protect the house from trespassers .
    Yes i know the history of the house, i have an origional copy of The Legand of Loftas Hall at home, so ive seen it and read up about the house etc. I know that is not the origional house. Redmond Hall was the first house and is indeed long gone.

And just to clear something up, no one is suggesting breaking in or anything of the sort! Were not thugs here!!

Loftus.JPG

Loftus as it looked in better times :cool:

• Advertisement

AI wrote: »
    Loftus.JPG

Loftus as it looked in better times :cool:
    Ha ha ha, i was wondering when you were going to spring that one on us!! haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

Last year when I was there we went up through the field to the left and and jumped inside but never actually went into the building. Just as we jumped over the ditch it sounded as if there was a group of dogs near by barking furiously at us.

Does anyone actually know if there are dogs near or on the premises?

I heard it is haunted :eek:

Hardly surprising that it's locked up like fort knox with a security system to match when EEJTS keep trespassing around the place and trying to break in.

coffey-16 wrote: »
    Last year when I was there we went up through the field to the left and and jumped inside but never actually went into the building. Just as we jumped over the ditch it sounded as if there was a group of dogs near by barking furiously at us.

Does anyone actually know if there are dogs near or on the premises?
    I dont think there are gard dogs as such but there are dogs in the area somewhere i think. I heard dogs barking before when i was there to.

AI wrote: »
    I heard it is haunted :eek:

Hardly surprising that it's locked up like fort knox with a security system to match when EEJTS keep trespassing around the place and trying to break in.
    No one has been there in a long time, or got inside either!

Yes i know the history of the house, i have an origional copy of The Legand of Loftas Hall at home, so ive seen it and read up about the house etc. I know that is not the origional house. Redmond Hall was the first house and is indeed long gone.

And just to clear something up, no one is suggesting breaking in or anything of the sort! Were not thugs here!!

So what hauntings have you yeard about there ? All my neighbours who have lived there for a long time also have no first second or third hand storys of hauntings .

The only thing is , the devil played poker there :eek:

So what hauntings have you yeard about there ? All my neighbours who have lived there for a long time also have no first second or third hand storys of hauntings .

The only thing is , the devil played poker there :eek:
    I havnt heard of any hauntings in the house, apart from the Legand behind it bla bla bla, but i wouldnt belive all you read or see on telly either. Sure no one can even get inside anymore to see if theres anything going on etc.

In the Vid The Legand of........ When he was there, Rick whelan said the vault where the Totnhams were burried was vandalized at one stage years ago and that work men when sealing it up again said one of the coffins was different from the rest, he said that it was safe to assume that this was the final resting place of Ann Totnham... Now it would be very interesting to see inside that vault and look at the coffins!!! (im not suggesting breaking in or anyhting) i have respect for the dead, If one of the coffins was different then that would make what he said true!!?? No??

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hi just spotted this chat...

It would be great to get in there I ponder if you got in contact with them would they let you in themselves if you said there was a group interested..I rem my unlce told me the storey years ago and gave me the documentry (only to find out it had star wars deep space nine recorded over it crap) so never got to see it.. I was told they had one on the oh crap what is it think it is the twilight zoen site but never got it.

I did go down one time with my sister to see if we could go in and people were a bit odd about it saying no not to chance it as I heard it was a lady was living there, she was a bit batty and had a shotgun that she wasnt afraid to use...

Did i see something aswell about on entrance on the beach
    :)

http://www.abandonedireland.com/Loftus_Hall.html

nothing much new but I tried to put everything in one place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

A few days before halloween a few of travelled down to loftus hall near hook head in wexford(for pl who never heard of it the devil was supposed ta have visite there....long story short....he made a big hole in the roof appartently which cant be fixed.)....we didnt go up to it cause its a private place and all plus there was a light on. Anyways the whole point of this post is i just like to know your views on the place? Believe in it? Ever there? cause the place is so weird lookin i cant help but take interest in it!

cathal shannon did aprogramme on in it a few years back. the believe the house has been modified since the first hauntings.

Advertisement