Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loftus hall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

was loftus hall haunted or teh ground on which teh house stood. in the cae of teh altter the ghosts should sill be there, although I believe an exorcism was carried out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

What a waste of a period house. I'm sure it would have been a good attraction for tourists. Even though it's not suppose to be haunted the bar pictures from Abandoned Ireland look creepy. I get The Shining vibe off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Fuinseog wrote: »
    was loftus hall haunted or teh ground on which teh house stood. in the cae of teh altter the ghosts should sill be there, although I believe an exorcism was carried out.

Jaysus I just spent two days writing the whole thing up one post back!
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/Loftus_Hall.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great pictures!! Lucky the person who managed to get in you said he got permission was it...You mentioned he felt like there was something in there alrite did he say what

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

Milly33 wrote: »
    Great pictures!! Lucky the person who managed to get in you said he got permission was it...You mentioned he felt like there was something in there alrite did he say what

Indeed!!

• Advertisement

No exorcism was carried out in loftus hall. Believe me i know, i could right a book on the place. No first hand accounts of it being haunted. It served as a hotel for a short while , no guests reported anything . All owners said that there were nothing there. People in the area all say there is nothing there.

"The most un-haunted house in Ireland" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

what dre said. though people will still want to believe its haunted regardless of reality.

No exorcism was carried out in loftus hall. Believe me i know, i could right a book on the place. No first hand accounts of it being haunted. It served as a hotel for a short while , no guests reported anything . All owners said that there were nothing there. People in the area all say there is nothing there.

"The most un-haunted house in Ireland" :rolleyes:
    Sure we all know there was no exorcism carried out in Loftas Hall, it was carried out in Redmond Hall to bannish the ghost of Ann Totnham. Anyway..... im not saying the house is haunted, its just an interesting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nicely caught....Ah sure some people belive some dont
    Sure we all know there was no exorcism carried out in Loftas Hall, it was carried out in Redmond Hall to bannish the ghost of Ann Totnham. Anyway..... im not saying the house is haunted, its just an interesting place.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Nicely caught....Ah sure some people belive some dont
    Exactly! :)

• Advertisement

But there is nothing official to say that there was an exorcism there. The fact is Ann Tottenham got pregnant from a stranger . Back at that time to be pregnant out of wedlock was a very bad thing .

So to cover this up they whole devil story was created. The parents said she went mad after the stranger (devil) left. She was not mad she was pregnant . The visits by the priest were for their daughter. They pushed this as an exercism.

This story is also not uncommon it happens everywere.

Redmond hall was not even in the same place as Loftus Hall . They were not even beside each other. redmond hall was closer the sea, then Loftus hall.

But there is nothing official to say that there was an exorcism there. The fact is Ann Tottenham got pregnant from a stranger . Back at that time to be pregnant out of wedlock was a very bad thing .

So to cover this up they whole devil story was created. The parents said she went mad after the stranger (devil) left. She was not mad she was pregnant . The visits by the priest were for their daughter. They pushed this as an exercism.

This story is also not uncommon it happens everywere.

Redmond hall was not even in the same place as Loftus Hall . They were not even beside each other. redmond hall was closer the sea, then Loftus hall.
    So what your saying is everything in the origiional video is waffel yeah???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

And no mention of all the nuns and others who died in
    suspicious circumstances in loftus hall.... nothing at all ..

Indeed!!

Indeed ;)

minxie wrote: »
    And no mention of all the nuns and others who died in
    suspicious circumstances in loftus hall.... nothing at all ..
    Hmmm interesting Minxie!! , i never heard about that?! I think you have just opened a new can of worms hehe :):)

Do you know anything about it? :)

Indeed ;)
    :)

Hmmm interesting Minxie!! , i never heard about that?! I think you have just opened a new can of worms hehe :):)

Do you know anything about it? :)

A bit from what i can remember Jess,
    there was a few white crosses on the back stairs opposite the
    kitchen, we used to always jump over them- just in case :eek:

think originally a nun dropped dead and they put the cross there after!!!
    a workman- relation of mikeys dropped dead on same spot around the time
    of the hotel being renovated, only young too..

ill ask mum a bit more about it and get back to ye :)

all i know is i never liked being on my own anywhere,
    i always got a very eerie feeling where ever i went!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

I stayed down at Loftus Hall back in about 1995/1996. About 8 of us in total. I was over from London visiting all the family in Wexford town. A cousin mentioned that he and some of the lads I know had visited it a few days previoulsy and spoken to the lady down there, Kay I believe her name was. They had enquired about putting tents up in the garden area. She had agreed and a trip had been arranged

By sheer luck this trip coincided with my trip over to Wexford, so I went along. Fantastic night spent in the bar hearing about the history of the place and the various ghost stories.

While there we got chatting to a guy who was in the bar area, about 2am in the morning we said to him where was he from, he announced that he was from the Hook lighthouse and invited us all up to the lighthouse the following morning for a tour.

Kay (as I mentioned I think it was her name) gave us a tour of the building the following morning. The stair case was amazing, she mentioned something about the fact that there wasn't a single nail holding it all together. She also mentioned that someone had offered to buy the staircase on it own, but the offer had been turned down.

She also told us about how the cleaning lady had gone past the kitchen area one morning and heard the electric carving knife going, she duly walked in and found the thing buzzing away, however it wasn't plugged in.

We were shown the door leading to the room where the devil went through the ceiling and the chair that the stranger had sat in during that card game.

We saw or heard nothing, the only spirits were the ones we put down our necks!

Following this tour we went up to see our man in the Lighthouse and had our tour around that.

Fantastic weekend all in all.

Maverick88 wrote: »

She also told us about how the cleaning lady had gone past the kitchen area one morning and heard the electric carving knife going, she duly walked in and found the thing buzzing away, however it wasn't plugged in.

Fantastic weekend all in all.

That was my mum!!!! :p

Minxie- How freaky is that. I've only noticed the Loftus Hall thread today for the first time.

Was the old lady called Kay who owned/ran the place?

One other thing from the night we stayed there, we were all sitting around smoking in the bar area (ahh happy days when you could do such a thing) when couple of us relaised we were running short on fags.

We duly asked Kay and out from behind the bar came a couple of packs, for which she only charged us about £2.50. We were thinking how cheap is that when we noticed they were all duty frees.

The other thing that came to mind, we asked the the chap from the Lighthouse what time he was due on duty, he looked at his watch and then replied, "About 3 hours ago".

• Advertisement

That was my mum!!!! :p
    WHAT?? Kay (Deveraux?) is your mother? Ok, maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick here, but is that what your saying?? :) x

WHAT?? Kay (Deveraux?) is your mother? Ok, maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick here, but is that what your saying?? :) x

Ha Ha, jeez Jess, Kays not my mother:eek: :pac:

re-read my post :rolleyes:

Ha Ha, jeez Jess, Kays not my mother:eek: :pac:

re-read my post :rolleyes:
    BIG OOPSY DAISY..... your mum was the lady working there that heard the carving knife buzzing?? Sorry i didnt read the post right! ;) haha

Minxie- How freaky is that. I've only noticed the Loftus Hall thread today for the first time.

Was the old lady called Kay who owned/ran the place?

One other thing from the night we stayed there, we were all sitting around smoking in the bar area (ahh happy days when you could do such a thing) when couple of us relaised we were running short on fags.

We duly asked Kay and out from behind the bar came a couple of packs, for which she only charged us about £2.50. We were thinking how cheap is that when we noticed they were all duty frees.

The other thing that came to mind, we asked the the chap from the Lighthouse what time he was due on duty, he looked at his watch and then replied, "About 3 hours ago".

Yeah Kay was married to mikey, she owned a few big propertys in
    London as well, bridie was another she came from Campile, small tiny little thing.

and wasnt always the fags that she was selling either,bottles of spirits too!!

the lighthouse keepers were class, Podge was a nickname we had on
    one, small grey haired man, lovely fella, spent manys the night
    there with them!! :)

We were shown the door leading to the room where the devil went through the ceiling and the chair that the stranger had sat in during that card game.

Yet we know from history, the building now standing wasnt the one with the apparent hole in the roof. ergo, if you have someone telling you that they were showing room a room that didnt actually exist ... then you'd have to admit they'd be fibbing. Therefore I'd be a bit suss about their story of the carving knife.

As I say - it doesnt seem to matter if no-one has actually had any genuine paranormal experiences in loftus hall - a lot of ye just want to pretend its haunted anyway.

iamhunted wrote: »
    Yet we know from history, the building now standing wasnt the one with the apparent hole in the roof. ergo, if you have someone telling you that they were showing room a room that didnt actually exist ... then you'd have to admit they'd be fibbing. Therefore I'd be a bit suss about their story of the carving knife.

As I say - it doesn't seem to matter if no-one has actually had any genuine paranormal experiences in loftus hall - a lot of ye just want to pretend its haunted anyway.
    Why pretend? I'm sure there have been loads of people down through the years in the place legally or illegally (im not condemning it) who have had some sort of experience, perhaps they all just have not come forward to share them with us here!

iamhunted wrote: »

As I say - it doesnt seem to matter if no-one has actually had any genuine paranormal experiences in loftus hall - a lot of ye just want to pretend its haunted anyway.

You're assuming that I knew of the place already and knew it ws "haunted". As my post said I was over from London , never heard of Loftus Hall before and didn't know the stories. Doesn't mean I fell hook line and sinker for the stories, merely repeating what was said to me. So no not pretending its haunted what so ever.

I also did say we saw nothing, so cant see how I'm.
    pretending its haunted.

Just remembered while typing this we lit a huge bonfire on the little beach just down from the hall- how we found it I have no idea as it was pitch black (apart from the shaft of light from the lighthouse everytime it swept round) and we were all as drunk as a thing that was very drunk

You're assuming that I knew of the place already and knew it ws "haunted". As my post said I was over from London , never heard of Loftus Hall before and didn't know the stories. Doesn't mean I fell hook line and sinker for the stories, merely repeating what was said to me. So no not pretending its haunted what so ever.

pretending its haunted.

Just remembered while typing this we lit a huge bonfire on the little beach just down from the hall- how we found it I have no idea as it was pitch black (apart from the shaft of light from the lighthouse everytime it swept round) and we were all as drunk as a thing that was very drunk
    Sounds like it was good crack alright, fairly chilling spot to be spending the best part of a night tho ehh??!! I was on that little beach before myself at the back of the house, theres some little steps or something there that leads up to the field behind the house.

my apologies - I wasnt directly referring to yourself, but how - in general - people like to think loftus hall is haunted without any reasoning. for example, the lady telling you about the roof and showing you the room .. though she should have know quite well that the roof and room the devil apparently had anything to do with was in a now demolished house. she was obvioulsy spinning yarns.

so as I say, i didnt mean *you* think the place is haunted.

pretending its haunted.

• Advertisement

Why pretend? I'm sure there have been loads of people down through the years in the place legally or illegally (im not condemning it) who have had some sort of experience, perhaps they all just have not come forward to share them with us here!

exactly - why pretend?

fact is no-one has managed to come forward with any credible story of a paranormal experience from loftus hall. Paranormal mind you - not 'oh it feels cold' or 'boys but it feels creepy in here' type experiences (theres plenty of normal, everyday reasons that will do that). Maybe if people hope enough it might come true?

Advertisement