Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loftus hall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

youtube removed me video the feckers :mad:

Ha ha, the fookers. I dont think i saw your vid, what was in it? Can you PM it to me? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miss_giggles

....just wondering does anybody know what the current Loftus hall building is actually built from?.....would it be local stone? and what is it current conditon inside?

....just wondering does anybody know what the current Loftus hall building is actually built from?.....would it be local stone? and what is it current conditon inside?
    Eh not to sure, maybe grannet and lime stone, thats a rough guess. They wouldnt have spared on good building materials in those days. thats why all the old buildings still stand today. Eh as for the condition inside, its pretty bad, trashed so to speak and the odd leak here and there. All in all not a pretty sight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

me loftus hall movie, someone started whingin about copyright crap and they took down the first one, left the other 3 parts there...:confused:
    probably only a matter of time..

http://www.youtube.com/user/samdeluxjones

me loftus hall movie, someone started whingin about copyright crap and they took down the first one, left the other 3 parts there...:confused:
    probably only a matter of time..

http://www.youtube.com/user/samdeluxjones
    Ah right, i have an origional copy of that film. Its good. They should make another one hehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dugganm07

dont know what stone its made from but this is what it looks like inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8mebsCv3bk&feature=channel

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

dugganm07 wrote: »
    dont know what stone its made from but this is what it looks like inside. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8mebsCv3bk&feature=channel

Hey,

Thanks for that! Iv always wanted to see inside it.

I wonder what the latest scandel in the place is......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

looks like keith duffy left the new movie to go back to corrie????? :eek::eek::eek: :confused:

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/film-cinema/duffy-pulls-out-of-horror-movie-role-2033700.html

oh wel samantha mumba still in :P:P http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13848

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sam mumbam honestly thought she was dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was there about 15 years ago (when I was 12). My friend's parents brought some of us over for a look, we drove up, and were having a great nosey around the outside when we were invited in. I seem to recall that nuns had the place at the time. It's very nice inside; very roomy and light; we couldn't find any of the smuggler's tunnels that the nun assured us were there, and after we'd explored downstairs a bit she gave us some Big Brother lemonade. The spookiest thing about the place was the fact that the staue of an eagle inside had the same wing broken as the statue of an eagle outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Ooooohh times like this I wish I was a millionaire lol... better do my euromillions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was inside Loftus Hall years ago. Cant remember too much about it to be honest, was in a kind of reception room from what I can remember. Freaky place. My Dad is from the area and knew Michael Devereux who owned it, afaik they went to London for work together in the 60s. Can remember being v disappointed at not seeing the room where the devil meant to have gone through ceiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ger42

I went down to Loftus Hall on Sunday last. Myself, my wife and 5 kids went along beach and into the grounds. We went as far as the house without actually entering, its all boarded up.
    Admittedly from a distance it looks eerie, standing alone with the sea in the backround. Up close it just looked like a dilapidated old house, I got no bad vibes. Maybe inside is different, then again I think it,s just an urban legend.:eek:

ger42 wrote: »
    just an urban legend.:eek:

rural legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Looks like it was just abandoned ,inside there's clothes, chairs, beds ,the bar with glasses! looks like they just left all the furniture and locked the doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

ger42 wrote: »
    I went down to Loftus Hall on Sunday last. Myself, my wife and 5 kids went along beach and into the grounds. We went as far as the house without actually entering, its all boarded up.
    Admittedly from a distance it looks eerie, standing alone with the sea in the backround. Up close it just looked like a dilapidated old house, I got no bad vibes. Maybe inside is different, then again I think it,s just an urban legend.:eek:

You should try spend a night in the house:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

Looks like it was just abandoned ,inside there's clothes, chairs, beds ,the bar with glasses! looks like they just left all the furniture and locked the doors!

good video, money would nt buy the oak stairs shown in the video, made in italy, they say the only other one like it is in the vatican.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wow, when was that video taken? I was there about 15 years ago and the place was on fantastic condition. It's heartbreaking to see it in such bad condition. I'll have it if no-one wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Anyone here done an investigation in this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

is there any particular reason why anyone should investigate it? Its not haunted - outside of the devil story which is a bit of a commonplace one in Ireland considering a few places have the exact same story attached to them. Does the fact its derelict make it haunted or something?

maccored wrote: »
    is there any particular reason why anyone should investigate it? Its not haunted - outside of the devil story which is a bit of a commonplace one in Ireland considering a few places have the exact same story attached to them. Does the fact its derelict make it haunted or something?
    Just investigate it, see what might happen. Thats what its all about. No one ever knows..

It makes it scary and and therefore an adventure. Id give it a whirl to poke around band take some photos but I wouldnt go mad doing EVP recordings in 80 or so rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

fair enough, but would you term that as an 'investigation' or just a bit of a ghost hunt for a laugh? Two different things if you ask me.

fair enough, but would you term that as an 'investigation' or just a bit of a ghost hunt for a laugh? Two different things if you ask me.
    Nah, an investigation imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 superoil

does anybody go to loftus hall on halloween night? im going to wexford for halloween weekend and was thinking of gong to loftus hall

superoil wrote: »
    does anybody go to loftus hall on halloween night? im going to wexford for halloween weekend and was thinking of gong to loftus hall

It is closed and no one can get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 thecapedcanine

Is there any more news about whats happening with Loftus Hall? Has it been bought and does anyone know by whom?
    Its an intriguing place, quite a beautiful building, and it would be a shame for it to remain in its abandoned state for good.
    I remember watching the docu-drama thing on TV years ago about Anne & the devil and was completely drawn in to the whole Loftus Hall story.
    Any updates would be much appreciated ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The last I heard it was still up for sale..It was on DNG website or one of them sorry I cant remember now.. Im sure if you search it comes up on the net..But that was it, supposed story that Bono brought it but that was a fib...Just another great building left to root away...

I always wanted to see that documentary anyone have a copy here perhaps

Advertisement