Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted in Cork

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

I get the impression that he's a a ghostie man Millie. I picked up on him from reading this post in an Emergency Services forum:

"Deres a couple of places around templemicheal wen u leave the car park headinin left take the first road right and deres a old man who will walk up the road after ya! I know ppl livin out there who have seen him and no matter what you say day will not walk dat road any time of the day or night hence why i drive down it anytime day want a lift scares the livin poop outta um haha"

I'd love to know more about the old man. What are they so scared about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sounds interesting, sorry didn't see that bit... Well if you need company going let me know im well up for any ghost hunting

I'll be with my elderly Ma and aunt, Milly - things are bad enough without those two screeching the place down!

Apparently there's a Man who wears a black trench coat and has his hands behind his back and doesn't like visitors ... I don't know if this is the same chap who follows your car. Either way I won't be lingering!

C'mon Youghalers, let us in on what's going on up the road!!

Tis like trying to get blood from a stone on here lately.. No one wants to give info anymore unless most is sarcastic remarks.. Im an sure the mum and aunt will enjoy the ghostie trip. Not sure was this from a story on here or was it through a search online I got this info, I have it on one of my places to visit was kinda hoping my friend of a friend would maybe get us in with the main man there seems to be an interesting place to visit ghost or no ghost.

"Temple Michael

Coming from Cork, drive to the end of the bypass, and go left immediately before the bridge, heading for Glendine church and the scenic route. About half a mile up, the boreen leading to the church and graveyard is on the right.

The legend that I heard was that a peasant woman had brought her sick child to the house at Ballynatray to seek help and was rejected. Supposedly she stepped backwards down the thirteen steps at the entrance to the house cursing a generation of the Holroyd-Smyths for each step.

If you look on the gravestones in Temple Michael you will notice that a lot of the family died on the 13th of the month. The last Holroyd-Smyth to own the property died in a hunting accident on September 13th 1969.

There have been stories of horses slowing and struggling as if pulling a heavy load when passing the main gate to the house and bolting afterwards. I read an extract from a book some years back by an American psychic visiting Temple Michael. As she walked along the river bank, she saw what appeared to be a monk standing in the doorway of a ruin and sensed an intense evil presence.

In spring 1966 or 1967, my father was in a car with a few friends driving along the road around midnight on their way to a place nearby where they had a telescope set up to observe a lunar eclipse. They saw what appeared to be a rope across the road and they all ducked. When the car stopped, they got up and looked back. The couldn't see anything, but turned around and drove back to Youghal and told the guards. There had been some trouble in Ardmore in '66 on the 50th anniversary of the Easter rising, so the guards were concerned it might be connected. At the time there was no squad car, so a guard went out to investigate on a bike. He came across the same 'rope' and ducked off the bike sliding under it. Again, he couldn't see it afterwards but hightailed it back to the station. When they investigated the next morning there was no trace to be found.

I had a couple of incidents at Molana abbey and Temple Michael as a kid which basically amounted to suddenly being overcome with fear and running out of the place.2

Great stories Molly.... I'm seriously fascinated by that area. It's funny what children pick up on and I'm sure your instincts as a kid were correct. Let's see if anyone else has picked up the same vibes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Doneraile Court and Annesgrove in North Cork are both said to be haunted.

heading to timpeal Michael soon will let you know

Well went down to templmichael last night and all was quite.. Odd as we could hear voices and at one stage they were very close but we cant figure out where they went. There seems to be a park at one side of the castle so they must have been out there walking. Nice to visit but be carefull as there are lots of thorns and all that, would call during the day to get a proper feel for the layout of the place and then go down at night if you wanted. Some interesting graves there one with a dragon like a welsh one and the Bruffs written on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RMS cork city graffiti

Hey:3 This is my fist time posting on boards.I wanna know if anyone is still active on this?And if so Has anyone been to st anns this year?I only started going in September and love the place for doing graffiti and exploring xD So could anyone share there experience up there?
    Rms-Csw Crew.

Hello Im still here anywho!! Mmm well I haven't gone up there now in a long time, mainly due to weather and Christmas but I know of a few who have. It is next to near impossible to get into St Kevins, St Annes is the grey building, which you used to be able to get into half of it but it depends if security is there or not.. Me thinks people more say St Kevins is eerie..

Have joined a group and we go along to investigate a good few places nothing very serious now, but it is quite fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

There's a short stretch of road just outside glanmire , locally called the 'middle road' there's a few houses on it but its known to be haunted. Heard a few stories of weird figures following people at night walking etc.
    I drove up down it one night and something was sat in the car beside me, I couldn't turn to look but i could feel it there trying to get my attention.
    I didnt turn until I got to the main road before getting onto the dual carriageway for the tunnell, there was nothing there but I could still feel the presence all the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

There's also the line in blackrock, people are said to have died while building the some of the bridges over it. Archway collapsed is what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

somefeen wrote: »
    There's a short stretch of road just outside glanmire , locally called the 'middle road' there's a few houses on it but its known to be haunted. Heard a few stories of weird figures following people at night walking etc.
    I drove up down it one night and something was sat in the car beside me, I couldn't turn to look but i could feel it there trying to get my attention.
    I didnt turn until I got to the main road before getting onto the dual carriageway for the tunnell, there was nothing there but I could still feel the presence all the way home.

where exactly would that be? find the whole area spooky at nights anyway:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

celica00 wrote: »
    where exactly would that be? find the whole area spooky at nights anyway:eek:

Would it be the bit between Riverstown crossroads and Glanmire? It's all overhung by trees and quite dark and gloomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Would it be the bit between Riverstown crossroads and Glanmire? It's all overhung by trees and quite dark and gloomy.

That place is so spooky the mobile phone coverage doesn't go near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bob1985

I know some of you have been posting about ghosts at St Finbarres. It is haunted ,my mam worked there in the offices in the 70's and 80's and said they had heard stories of the ghost of a nurse/sister had been seen wandering around the geriatric wards and blood bank buildings, I don't know if these are the old buildings people have mentioned feeling creepy presences about. I do know that not many of the staff would wander up there at night or early morning on their own unless they had to.

Advertisement