Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted in Cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Cork24 wrote: »
    Can some one tell me if this is true or not,

few lads i know where out hunting in Dripsey, They heard a Screaming sounds like they never heard before. They saw a Girl coming out of the wooded area Screaming and Running she had Gray hair, the lads just shi(tted them self's

someone else told me about 14 years ago they saw the same thing.

Might have something to do with this story? There's a book about it too.

http://www.dripsey.com/styled-9/styled-7/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Does anyone know what Old Market Place up on the North Side of Cork used to be? Inquiring due to friend's house being haunted up there. Would appreciate any info as I can't seem to find anything online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

is this the butter market, or what part exactly are you talking about

I don't know where the butter market is that you mentioned I'm afraid, but the area I mean is just off Blarney street.

By the Firkin Crane kinda area is it

• Advertisement

The area around where the B is :)
    omp222_zpsd59ba8ce.jpg

think it was all probably linked to the Market. They are kinda all the same area. You would have had the firkin crane a little further up that was the butter market, then there was the camel I was going to say but cow market around the area also, and then further down the road towards the Maldron that was a Hospital. So there would be a lot of things associated with the area. If you had specific details it might be easier as to what is happening in her house and also can I go stay there :) love anything spooky

Can anyone tell me where the Priest house in Innishannon is.. Have no notion of where it is and can find no more stories on it thanks

Please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

whats the story about this priest house?

• Advertisement

Don't know really I shall google,,Someone mentioned it on this before was thinking about taking a visit to it

ah cool, Im not far away from Innishannon, so was wondering :)

I cant seem to find anymore on it so if anyone knows more go on share thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

can you still gain access inside St. Kevin's?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    can you still gain access inside St. Kevin's?

nops, as far as I know it's not possible anymore

celica00 wrote: »
    nops, as far as I know it's not possible anymore

why's that? is it just all fully boarded up? anywhere else near to it to explore today?

that's what I hear and more security too due teens being there doing alc and drugs.
    maybe it changed by now?

that's what I hear and more security too due teens being there doing alc and drugs.
    maybe it changed by now?

what a pity. i will go up and see anyway, never been up there.

any other places in Cork that can be accessed?

mmm is it just to go for a wonder around or for spooks

Milly33 wrote: »
    mmm is it just to go for a wonder around or for spooks

what? I am talking about going up there to take a few shots (pictures, not vodka - haha :D )

Seriously though, I don't know why you seem to think I am going up there to scare the **** out of myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Shame if it's boarded up. Was locked last night with a group of my friends and I suggested going there (it was about 3am!) and most people were up for going, but we decided we'd wait for a more organized night. So hopefully we'll investigate within the next few weeks and I'll report back!

Really hope it's not boarded up though, I'm looking forward to going. Anyone know any other haunted spots in Cork in the event that it is?

Id say the whole forum part might give me that idea Sam you are in the paranormal forum in Haunted Cork!! mm two and two.

And yes St kevins has been boarded up for ages, still is the last time we went up it is pure luck if you manage to get in there.. Worth popping up every now again to see..

Now nice places to take snaps,you can wonder up there to take pictures, and the chapel by the entrance gate is open all the time not much in there.

The old Priory out by farren is quite nice to walk around..You can try and find the false headstone and also try and find out what movie was filmed there..Let me know tis driving me nuts I saw it and cant seem to find it now, I know there was a part filmed on the cobh ferry

Sam Mac wrote: »
    what? I am talking about going up there to take a few shots (pictures, not vodka - haha :D )

Seriously though, I don't know why you seem to think I am going up there to scare the **** out of myself.

you are posting in an haunt-related topic so I think it's safe to assume you might want to get spooked hahahaha

you are posting in an haunt-related topic so I think it's safe to assume you might want to get spooked hahahaha

maybe that too :D

Ohhh Sam!!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ohhh Sam!!

how about you come with me? ;)

haha flattery will get you everywhere, oh no wait sorry nope im a taken woman sam halfway down the aisle couldn't be doing things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey guys,

Just remember the rules. Please don't organise or give instructions on how to go about trespassing on private property via boards.

Sorry

ocd-buzz-kill-160boxart_160w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

I wonder if anyone has information about the area round Temple Michael at Ballynatray - Youghal. I'll be over there next week. I know about the bad presence in the church / castle area. God help me, I have to part the friggin' car there to get into the grounds of Ballynatray - I'll be wearing a pint or two of holy water before I go anywhere! But what I'm more interested in is the old man who follows cars in one of the little side lanes nearby. What's the story about him? And what does he actually do apart from walk down the road. Has anyone ever offered the poor old sod a lift?

• Advertisement

Hello I haven't been there but was talking to a friend who done some work there and well id say the man following people down the road is the groundskeeper..He said that there is one there all the time and the owner then visits every now and again

Advertisement