Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis the good shepard..what a shame always wanted to go in there but kept putting it off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corkboy10

the good shepard has been torched on more than 1 occasion,any visits planned to st kevin's????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

St Kevin's is an interesting place, if you're going to go wear warm clothes an bring a good torch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ziycon wrote: »
    St Kevin's is an interesting place, if you're going to go wear warm clothes an bring a good torch.

Is it closed to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Is it closed to the public?

Yeah you'd be trespassing. If you look at the urban explorers forum and the Abandoned Ireland website, they have some amazing pictures up. If you were to try to go in, be very careful, wear sturdy shoes and warm clothes. It's pretty dilapidated. Addicts and drunks have been known to squat in there too.

• Advertisement

dont visit the place alone,go as a group perhaps

So Sherbie/Hugh... how did u get on wit that old priests house in Innishannon??

Curious..

Hi sorry for being dim but I cannot seem to find more about this house, would like to plan a trip maybe even tom, if anyone wants to tag along.

Ah gone on somewell tell me plllleeeaaase

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SarahDeas

never been up to st Kevin's or st Anne's but I'm really interested in it! Tried to get into the grounds before but ended up going down behind shankiel hospital and it was a right mess.. I would love to go up and have a look around and see what it's like in the day any ideas how to get into the grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

SarahDeas wrote: »
    never been up to st Kevin's or st Anne's but I'm really interested in it! Tried to get into the grounds before but ended up going down behind shankiel hospital and it was a right mess.. I would love to go up and have a look around and see what it's like in the day any ideas how to get into the grounds?

You need to take the Sunday's Well road (the road opposite, and parallel to, the Carrigrohane Straight) and, after driving for about 5 minutes, turn up to your right for the Atkins Hall/River Towers apartment complex. Those apartments used to be part of St. Anne's. Then park in the apartment car park up there and trek eastwards to reach St. Kevins (approx. 10 mins' walk at most, depending on how accessible it is around there these days).

It used to be possible to walk into the remaining unconverted part of St. Anne's by going around the back of it at the far eastern end. There was a heavy door left half-ajar. That may have changed now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Re St Kevins - there are a number of ways to get in. I walk my dog around the grounds almost every day. No money you would pay me to go in though.

I am actually looking for some pics of the place when it was functional. All I can find online are photos of how it stands now. Which are no good, as because above :)

Went up the other night and bumped into the security guards sitting in their car. Nice enough guys but knew they wouldn't let us in once we saw them

Which end were the security at there is a legal right of way to walk through part of it but not sure which part it is

corkboy10 wrote: »
    Which end were the security at there is a legal right of way to walk through part of it but not sure which part it is

I was up there today and the security guard was asleep so we snuck past him and when we were walking out we saw him coming towards and he said nothing but hello hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

i think the security guards are only there for the bit that is being converted, the st annes part, i went there around the back way had to do a bit of climbing and crawling pure dodge lol

Was it the red brick building you gained access to???from which side the shanakiel or lee road???

we wondering up there yesterday to have a look, and well walked all around the buildings and that but pants could not find a way in. even the church were we got in before is all locked tight. Such a shame to see the place being wasted.Loads of people are interested in seeing the buildings I wish they would just open it up to the public muppets

Given the condition of the interior of those buildings and the grounds surrounding it it'd cost a bomb to turn it into a tourist site but it would prove popular regardless of its past i'd imagine,is the building totally secured?and is the church next to it????

Hello yep the place is totally locked up although you can see efforts of others trying to get in id say local kids or something.. The church yep is next to st.kevins, inbetween the two buildings...

Any recent photos of the interior before it was boarded up?old photos showed trees growing on the interior of st kevins while bird poop has the interior of the church wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 black bird

Andrew_M wrote: »
    Ive been on boards now for awhile but didnt see this forum at all, its great!!! Spent the last hour reading through the posts, I've always had a huge fasination with the paranormal, and recently my buddy got a 'Ghost Hunting' kit, so were going to have a go and see what happens..:eek:

Any sujestions, where to go(locally) or what to do?

you should look up cork city gaol i here its a great place for paranormal

mysteria wrote: »
    f you're looking to check out a well-known haunted place in Cork, with public access, try Cork Gaol, it's an old gaol no prisoners as far as I know. (I'm not joking) The lady who runs it, think her name is Margaret, is lovely and will tell you about her experiences, I believe a lot of people had experiences there. I've "cleared" a lot of houses in Cork over the years, strangest was an ordinary 3bedroom semi-d on the Douglas Rd. The owners woke up one night to find a severed head dripping blood hovering at the end of the bed........

well i think that last part is not tru but im not saying its not but ya cork gaol is a great place to look at

Andrew_M wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah ive been to the City Gaol a few times, eiree place alright. Theres a few places we were thinking of going, such as around Bessboro Convent in Blackrock, Castlefreak near owenincha(spelt wrong), Killcray Abbey outside Ballincollig and Killarney National Park as theres plenty of dolmens and megalithic stuff and VERY old woods down there, also great spot for camping.
    ya besboro is a great place and i go there for school but i allways wanted to now if it was hounted

can eny one tell me if besbouro is hounted

which one is beeboro is it on the old blackrock road

sorry its not beebour its calles besbouro in mahon

Theres no where in cork thats a patch on st kevins,bessboro doesnt even come close and no it aint haunted i've been there several times unless cattle and chickens are what you deem as haunting

black bird wrote: »
    sorry its not beebour its calles besbouro in mahon

Yes sorry I mis-spelled too where exactly is it.Is it the one fairly close to the little shop by the dvd store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Can some one tell me if this is true or not,

few lads i know where out hunting in Dripsey, They heard a Screaming sounds like they never heard before. They saw a Girl coming out of the wooded area Screaming and Running she had Gray hair, the lads just shi(tted them self's

someone else told me about 14 years ago they saw the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

Cork24 wrote: »
    Can some one tell me if this is true or not,

few lads i know where out hunting in Dripsey, They heard a Screaming sounds like they never heard before. They saw a Girl coming out of the wooded area Screaming and Running she had Gray hair, the lads just shi(tted them self's

someone else told me about 14 years ago they saw the same thing.

what part exactly was it?

Advertisement