Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day Wed 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Thirdfox wrote:
    Non, malheureusement... actually I did terribly in both languages (English and French...) so I'm just doing straight law (or pure law for the homophobic people...)

I wanted to do medicine so my subject choice was heavily science based (French, physics, applied maths, chemistry, economics)

i do physics! and i hate it... not the most scientifically/mathematically minded person. i though about doing law with german briefly, but high points etc. what year are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

cianclarke wrote:
    (On the other hand, whoever was on the CSLL stand was very very good...)
    Pretty sure that can't have been me, I doubt I helped anyone that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Think it was John Ronny. and John was just being helpful cus its either that or have no one in the course next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Nah, some Wan', hehe didn't catch a name or anything. Just outlined the course and the content of it much better than the prospectus did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

tinka wrote:
    i do physics! and i hate it... not the most scientifically/mathematically minded person. i though about doing law with german briefly, but high points etc. what year are you in?

I'm a junior freshman (1st year) - physics was fun! Have you learnt the fun way of learning the sub-atomic particles? LENM and BNP...

BNP - Baryons: Neutrons and Protons "Brown Nutty Poo"
    LENM - Leptons: Electrons, Neutrinos and Muons... it's actually quite rude the analogy so at the fear of being moderated I won't write it here :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

cianclarke wrote:
    No, see there you're wrong. It was not on a specific element of the computer science course - it was in fact on the company Havoc, which has evolved from the computer science course - and I'm presuming the work of Havoc ....

blah blah blah bull**** and make believe

...Edit: In advance - 3/4 an hour. As opposed to four hours traveling up, four down. Not 'advanced enough' I'm afraid.

Since those boyo's lecture computer engineers it is an aspect.
    Oh, and I'm sure you meant 'their', as in their mistake - rather than 'there mistake', as in 'over there'. :)

Meh, whatever.

"Those Boyo's" dont. steve collins left havok, (most likely making a mint) to come to a life of lecturing for all engineers, not comp. (i.e. 2nd year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

"Those Boyo's" dont. steve collins left havok, (most likely making a mint) to come to a life of lecturing for all engineers, not comp. (i.e. 2nd year).

Meh, it's a Computer Science Subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Thirdfox wrote:
    I'm a junior freshman (1st year) - physics was fun! Have you learnt the fun way of learning the sub-atomic particles? LENM and BNP...

LENM - Leptons: Electrons, Neutrinos and Muons... it's actually quite rude the analogy so at the fear of being moderated I won't write it here :o

i haven't learnt that... but now i'm curious! pm it to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Best Open Day I've been at. Fellin love with the labs and am so aiming for it now!

Was anyone in the science buliding when the sulphur was released from the lab and it just cleared the place!:D
    Loads of people were going round saying "Oh Mi God, What is the smell!" I kinda felt like hanging a sign on the door telling em it was just sulphur and not the result of some one who had spent the night and beer and curry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Thirdfox wrote:
    Meh.. Go ahead. There's been worse

I'm a JS physics head and I don't know them.

Le Rack wrote:
    Was anyone in the science buliding
    The science building eh? There're like 10 of them.

sssh! :o I can't remember the proper name, I just keep calling it the Prozac building, it was something like that!
    It's all different since my aunt used to lecture there!

Le Rack wrote:
    sssh! :o I can't remember the proper name, I just keep calling it the Prozac building, it was something like that!
    It's all different since my aunt used to lecture there!
    Panoz?

Check here: http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/tcd_campus.html and tell us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I just keep calling it the Prozac building

LOL! Brilliant. You'd need a ****ing prozac going in there at 9 on a Monday with lab reports to do, I'll tell you that much.

yeah Panoz is the one, I just keep calling it the Prozac building cuz I couldn't remember Panoz! I was close though! :D

so many people bitch about where the hamilton ends and the panoz begins and them not knowing - its pretty obvious tbh...

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Meh.. Go ahead. There's been worse

with the power of ApeX behind me I'll risk the wrath of mods and post this tip up for this year's physics L.C. students:

LENM: Leptons - Electrons, Neutrinos and Muons...

tip to remember them by:
    Lesbians Eat Neat Muff

one could switch neat with nasty... whichever works better in your mind.

I tell you though, come exam time this was one piece of information I did not forget! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i thought it was " Lesbians Enjoy neat muff"

how the hell do i know this?

Maybe we've moved on a bit since you're time ;) - phrases such as this one evolve with each retelling... (but seriously our teacher actually taught this to us!)

eh, our chem teacher taught us how to get high off ordinary household stuffs, it's all pretty standard cheap ass druggie stuff but then she went and told us how to heighten it!

• Advertisement

Emmm...

That's not cool. But you can get high (and have brain hemmorages) off pretty much any solvent afaik.

It was funny at the time... We were doing organic chemistry, about the likes of paracetemol and other household drugs. Some of that stuff, in Solphadine is highly carcenogenic and VERY addictive, scary shít!

Well cocaine is made from the cocoa plant right? When we were doing chemistry we constructed molecules of cocaine, heroine etc (using those little balls - we didn't make any real drugs!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Le Rack wrote:
    It was funny at the time... We were doing organic chemistry, about the likes of paracetemol and other household drugs. Some of that stuff, in Solphadine is highly carcenogenic and VERY addictive, scary shít!

Solphadine contains codeine which is an opiate. 10% of it is metabolised into morphine in your body.

but what contains solphadine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Thirdfox wrote:
    but what contains solphadine?
    Solpadeine does:
    Resize_of_Solpadeine.png

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

but does it seperate the men from the boys?

ahh... damn me and my lack of knowledge of western drugs...

John2 wrote:
    Solphadine contains codeine which is an opiate. 10% of it is metabolised into morphine in your body.
    Yep that was what I was thinking of and a few other things! (Hey 10 points for guessing who's gonna fail their LC!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Can anyone give me any info on Thero. Phys. in TCD. Sorry but I happened to fall across the veritable GOLDMINE of info that is this site about 2 weeks to late. And in the interest of nitpickery and promoting Physics discussion:

Thirdfox wrote:

There are three leptons- Electron, Mu and Tau and each with their respective neutrinos; are there not?

Advertisement