Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day Wed 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

So, i'll be in from 8 til 4 at the rugby pitch info stand, if anyone wants to say hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

And i'll be 10 til 11 at the CSLL stand in the Dining Hall,
    and again at the CSLL stand in the Lloyd from 12 til 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

And I'll be cramming my ass off in the Ussher Library, thereafter doing my utmost to explain the musings of John Maynard Keynes in graphical format, and then back to the library!

All this at the expense of the CSC who have to do without my services for the day. I feel guilty about that. But I have a big exam and, two the next day, so there's not much I can do. I'll do my best to make it for a while. I am wondering, however, who's gonna man the CSC stand tomorrow.

Tomorrow's gonna be a late night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

does anyone know if there will be a germanic studies presentation? i looked on the website but coudn't see one. or will it be part of the german presentation? curious..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

It's this time on this morning, and Angry Banana is not yet at work in the Ussher. He may be somewhere else, I suppose.

The Open Day is clogging up College. We, the poor students of this institution, can hardly move about. It took me about ten minutes to get from the Arts entrance of the Lecky to the Beckett 2 Mac room. Ridiculous! In the mean-time, I was harassed to do a Broad Curriculum course!

P.S.: I'm just continuing this new linking fad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah damn lil kids everywhere blocking the entrances to everything.... And some girl on a stand asked me did i want directions to somewhere haha ;)

Just noticed that Engineering & System Sciences hasn't put a stand up about Computer Engineering, or even a talk on it.

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/admissions_info/open_day.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

bumped into Apex, Kev, John2 and Edumyth today. we had not one but 3 bags of chocolate to keep us going for the day, am now in the computer room trying to finish up on my essay, also am semi hiper as i had two cups of coffee in a rwo (discovered place in hamilton that was giving out free sandwiches and coffee!):)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

did anyone see if there was a nursing studies stand??? there was a talk on nursing somewhere anyway, although i dont think any students could've been around. 1st, 2nd and 4th years were in Health Service Providers/hospitals today. Only third years could've possible been around.

did anyone see if there was a nursing studies stand??? there was a talk on nursing somewhere anyway, although i dont think any students could've been around. 1st, 2nd and 4th years were in Health Service Providers/hospitals today. Only third years could've possible been around.

Yep, there was a nursing stand. It was ahead of you, after you go through the "arm-work-out door" beside the Hamilton's SU shop.

• Advertisement

yup right opposite the medicine stand. seemed to be mainly lecturers though i didnt see many students.

i discovered a secret source of salmon sandwiches, coffee and tea in the salmon theatre, must be my fifth sense for sniffing out coffee, the best thing is knowone knew they we're they're so they're was second and third helpings...:) suprised you didnt find them Ian, john2 was the only person around to tell :)!

snorlax wrote:
    i discovered a secret source of salmon sandwiches, coffee and tea in the salmon theatre, must be my fifth sense for sniffing out coffee, the best thing is knowone knew they we're they're so they're was second and third helpings... suprised you didnt find them Ian, john2 was the only person around to tell !

Was this free food and drink for all or just for those helping out?

those who we're helping out

Damn. I thought I was onto something for the next Open Day. Oh well.

snorlax wrote:
    :) suprised you didnt find them Ian, john2 was the only person around to tell :)!
    been in the library most of the day, except for a brief excursion to mcd's...

library with the interweb...hrmm so sorta half productive...

Nietzshcean - yeah that was nichola - i'd semi hit that if she wasnt so ditzy :)

also - snorlax - you met me too :p and where the **** was there free food - bastards....

europerson wrote:
    It's this time on this morning, and Angry Banana is not yet at work in the Ussher. He may be somewhere else, I suppose.

The Open Day is clogging up College. We, the poor students of this institution, can hardly move about. It took me about ten minutes to get from the Arts entrance of the Lecky to the Beckett 2 Mac room. Ridiculous! In the mean-time, I was harassed to do a Broad Curriculum course!

P.S.: I'm just continuing this new linking fad.
    I love poor students.

Nietzshcean - yeah that was nichola - i'd semi hit that if she wasnt so ditzy :)
    Just a lil, that whole talking to you for 10mins beside her and then she asks me do i want directions... ;)

Just a lil, that whole talking to you for 10mins beside her and then she asks me do i want directions... ;)
    You're just asking for it saying a girl thought you were in the wrong place while she was talking to you!

If we got on better, I'd so pwn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You're just asking for it saying a girl thought you were in the wrong place while she was talking to her!

If we got on better, I'd so pwn you!
    First of all. What? I think you mis-read what they were talking about.

Stop trying to wind him up. You must be able to see it?

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    First of all. What? I think you mis-read what they were talking about.
    Err, sorry. Wrong personal pronoun. Edited.
    Stop trying to wind him up. You must be able to see it?
    I wasn't trying to wind him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I'll be at the CSLL, that's Computer Science, Linguistics, and a Language stand in the dining hall (i think)
    Call over.
    I called over to the CSLL stand, and was talking to a woman, can't remember much more. :rolleyes: She described the course pretty well, but I don't think it's for me. I'd rather just do a language module...
    Cianclarke - two of my friends are working the cs stand (i'm not, had a choice between book voucher or money in hand - guess which i chose) - talk to Roisin - she should be good to talk to about it (blonde haired girl at stand).
    I was talking to somebody at the CS stand in the Lloyd, one girl doing CSLL and a lad with a funny coat doing CS. They bickered over which was better, not the most informative bunch though... :p
    The lecture on CS had me a tad ticked off, the guy from Havoc spent 3/4 an hour talking about video games and the technology they develop. Very interesting, but I want to hear about the course, I have no interest in video games! So yeah, the lecture was poor and uninformative for the most part, albeit interesting. A little bit better near the end though...
    The DCU open day was far better to be honest, but TCD is still first choice at the same time!

Oh, a question... Is the campus alway THAT busy, or was it just the open day? :eek:

just the open day. it nearly drove me mental. if you want to know about the course gimme a shout Cianclarke - send a pm or somesuch.

just the open day. it nearly drove me mental. if you want to know about the course gimme a shout Cianclarke - send a pm or somesuch.
    Thanks! I was in contact with you before, but I think under a different user name, were you Crash? Am I imagining things? Hehe...

thats the one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

cianclarke wrote:
    I called over to the CSLL stand, and was talking to a woman, can't remember much more. :rolleyes: She described the course pretty well, but I don't think it's for me. I'd rather just do a language module...

I was talking to somebody at the CS stand in the Lloyd, one girl doing CSLL and a lad with a funny coat doing CS. They bickered over which was better, not the most informative bunch though... :p
    The lecture on CS had me a tad ticked off, the guy from Havoc spent 3/4 an hour talking about video games and the technology they develop. Very interesting, but I want to hear about the course, I have no interest in video games! So yeah, the lecture was poor and uninformative for the most part, albeit interesting. A little bit better near the end though...
    The DCU open day was far better to be honest, but TCD is still first choice at the same time!

Oh, a question... Is the campus alway THAT busy, or was it just the open day? :eek:

It clearly stated the lecture was on video game tech and not on the course itself. You should be pissed off that there wasn't a talk about the course and not that the Games lecture was on topic. ffs like. Your going to have abit of a problem when you get to college if you can follow something like that.

there was a talk about the course. in fact, i believe there were two. they were on the timetable. the talk you went to was a promo event really - seeing as the Havok guys in general dont have any association with college, (cept for steve collins, cept he's left havok now anyhow) and sony just wanted to give out free stuff.

LiouVille wrote:
    It clearly stated the lecture was on video game tech and not on the course itself. You should be pissed off that there wasn't a talk about the course and not that the Games lecture was on topic. ffs like. Your going to have abit of a problem when you get to college if you can follow something like that.
    http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/admissions_info/open_day.html
    Do you see ANY mention of video games here, or any information to suggest the talk was not on Computer Science?
    In fact I didn't see ANY other CS talks mentioned on the leaflet that was handed out on the day, only the CSLL talk. When you're traveling over 120 miles to an open day it's usually a nice idea to have some prior notification, I have every right to be annoyed.
    Now, I'm presuming what you meant to say is "if you can't follow something like that." Well, what was there to follow? I only found out on the day, 3/4 an hour beforehand that the talk was based on video games.
    Tóg go bog é, relax. Hostile little bugger, aren't we...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

After visiting a few colleges over the last few weeks, I was hoping for Trinity to be the best. Sadly I was dissapointed especially seeing as I want to do pharmacy there next year! The lecturers were really helpful. But the organisation of the whole event was awful. The best organised open day in my opinon was DCU. There were students dotted around the campus ready to help. Yes in Trinity it was the same but Trinitys helpers formed a large circle among themselves and looked as confused as the students visiting the college. The whole scene was quite chaotic. I was degraded at the Politics stand and patronized by two very self absorbed students!!! Thank god the Science faculty staff and students were friendly, helpful and courteous! Plus there was no free pens- not even a bag to put the prospectus in :eek: In U.C.D I collected a yoyo,ruler pens and pencils. In dit two boxes of after eight sticks and two packets of crisps and pens! DCU lots of pens! Trinity nothing!! That was a let down! I know I shouldn't judge a college by the free stuff and I don't! I still want to do pharmacy only if I do get into college I'll hope to sort out the open day!! Thats my opinion any way!

• Advertisement

If you think we werent helpful - you obviously didnt stop by the rugby pitch info stand :p we were AMAZINGLY helpful i'll have you know :)

Advertisement