Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Peasy Recipies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Beans on toast?

Method : Open tin, pour.....:pac:

What kinda things are ya looking to cook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barbiedollz

Balfie wrote: »
    Beans on toast?

Method : Open tin, pour.....:pac:

What kinda things are ya looking to cook?

lol
    just your average lunch/snack/dinner
    im sick of this fancy crap with 20 ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

This takes about twenty mins and only has a handful of ingredients - lazy and delicious! Serves one

Ingredients
    Enough spaghetti or other skinny pasta for one hungry animal
    1 egg
    An ounce or two of grated parmesan (or the dried stuff if feeling super lazy)
    3 or 4 rashers, cut into strips
    Glug of olive oil

While pasta is cooking fry off the rashers in a smaller nonstick saucepan. Beat the egg lightly in a bowl. Grate in the parmesan, maybe add a bit of pepper and give it a good mix. Once pasta is cooked and drained throw it in on top of the cooked rashers (turn the heat right down now, as low as it will go). Chuck in the egg/parmesan mix and mix it around like mad with the pasta and rashers. Once it looks nice and creamy and the cheese has melted in (takes only two or three mins) pour on a plate and voila!

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Home made burgers?

Put some mince into a bowl, with finely chopped onion, bread crumbs, and tomato paste, mash it all up together, an make them into burger sized pattys. Add some Hot Sauce if ya like.. I love it... Put on a bun with mayo, lettuce, chilli ketchup an cheese. Ya don't need onion cause of the onion in the mince mix.

Serve with some chips, an coleslaw.

Perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Stir fry veg and add some chinese 5 spice power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

Just a tip -

At the top of the first page in the forum is a sticky called FAQ - Please check here to see if your question has been answered before!

In this thread there is a further link called Some great quick and easy recipes

So, in response to the question "does any 1 have or know where to get simple cooking recipies(healthy)" - Here it is!!! :)

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Given the nature of that post, he or she probably searched the forum for 'no fancy crap' and came up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Quick N Easy Prawns

- King Size Prawns (preferably fresh/uncooked but pre cooked OK)
    - Instant Garlic (in the tube - saves the crushin n pushin)
    - Instant Ginger (same as above)
    - Onion Granules
    - Soy Sauce
    - Chilli Flakes

Cook the prawn in butter or olive oil on pan. For 7-8 prawns use a teaspoon of Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Granules. Mix well and add a teaspoon of soy sauce (teriyaki sauce is also yum for this). Add chilli flakes at end (amount dependant on hot hot you like).

Sometimes a tablespoon of water in along with the prawns helps make the sauce.

Pour all over fresh buttered soda bread. Delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Hi guys

I am having four friends over for dinner on Wednesday night and want to do something tasty and simple. I won't get home till after 6 and they are arriving at 7 so nothing too complicated.

Money is tight, so something that is not to expensive would be great.

Any ideas much appreciated and thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi guys

I am having four friends over for dinner on Wednesday night and want to do something tasty and simple. I won't get home till after 6 and they are arriving at 7 so nothing too complicated.

sunflower27 - I've moved this here as you don't mention any food likes/dislikes or any preference for a particular cuisine. This thread is full of easy & inexpensive recipies. Also try using the forum search function.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hi guys

I'd recommend a curry. Quick, tasty and filling and you have so much choice regarding meat/veg and sauces.

Green or red thai curry is something a little different but incredibly easy.
    Meat
    Curry paste
    Coconut milk
    Veg
    Oil
    Fish sauce (not necessary if on tight budget but if you have it, great)

You dont even really need measurements and the curry paste/milk will give simple recipe on the label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Thanks livinsane... turns out there are another two coming so I have decided to just do quick and easy (and cheap finger food). Any ideas much appreciated.

I actually love thai green curry and didn't even think of that. You've made me want to make it tonight :D

Thanks for your suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

hi sunflower,

not sure if it's the sort of thing you're looking for but i made these over christmas and they are super easy and turned out great:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1805673/red-pepper-walnut-and-goats-cheese-palmiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

here's a recipe i borrowed off my mum.. quick, easy and delicious!

one container of mushrooms (like blue ones you find in supermarket)
    one onion
    about a litre of milk
    salt & black pepper to taste
    1 or 2 vegetable stock cubes
    crushed garlic (2 cloves..more or less depending on how much you like garlic)
    bunch of herbs; oregano & parsley work well.. the fresher the better

sauté the onion and mushrooms with garlic in olive oil or butter until soft
    place into a saucepan and add vegetable stock and herbs.
    start adding the milk, bring to the boil and liquidise for a few seconds, depending on desired consistency. season to taste.
    allow to simmer until the soup has thickened
    serve with a few sprigs of parsley on top and add a dash of cream if you like.

great with some hearty brown bread ;)

mini quiche recipe (from my sister)

1 packet frozen shortcrust pastry (defrost)

vegetables /
    red pepper
    spinach (chopped)
    half red onion
    lots of garlic
    2 eggs
    175ml milk (slightly less, mixture to be more eggy than milky)
    salt and pepper
    nutmeg
    1 block feta cheese

preheat oven to 200-220 degrees

(not necessary but you can do all of this the night before and have them ready quickly when guests arrive, also gives flavours a chance to mingle)

1. chop onion and fry in oil. add chopped peppers, spinach and garlic. add salt and pepper (dont cook to death)
    2. whisk eggs. add milk, nutmeg and season lightly
    3. line the cookie tin with pastry circles, squish into them to make little quiche cases
    4. mix feta cheese with veg untils its all combined, fill cases with mixture
    5. pour eggy mixture on top of each
    6. put into preheated oven for 20-25 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

easy peasy...

1 piece white fish (or 2 pieces if hungry)
    (Recommend either Cod from Lidl or that flat type fish from Aldi). Its very cheap.

Place on a bit of cooking foil, big enough to wrap it in.

Slightly salt fish.

Splash on some Fish Sauce, not much, a few teaspoons (less than €2 for a bottle lasts for ages).

Shake over some curry powder to suit your taste. As much or as little as u want.

Slice a tomato, place on top of fish.

Add some diced carrots and diced celery, par boiled.

Wrap up tightly in silver foil .

Place in pre-cooked oven 210f for about 20 minutes if cooking from frozen.

Prb about 10 mins if already defrosted.

Rice: Wash a handful of basmati rice. Cook rice

When rice cooked, plate up.

Remove fish from oven.

Open up and tear foil wrapping so as keep sauce on plate.

Wine optional.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Crispy fried gnocchi with cherry tomato sauce and bacon

1 pack gnocchi (no need to pre cook; straight out of the pack is perfect)
    1 pack cherry tomatoes, halved (this is a perfect recipe for those tomatoes that have started to go a bit soft)
    2 slices smoked rashers, chopped OR one pack lardons
    2 cloves garlic
    Fistful fresh basil, torn
    2 frying pans

Fry the bacon and remove from pan. In one frying pan heat a good glug of oil, then throw in the gnocchi and cook until puffed up and crispy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in the other pan cook the tomatoes with the garlic until softened and sauce-y, should take about the same lenght of time as the gnocchi. Add the chopped basil and the bacon. Serve the sauce over the gnocchi, accompanied by some nice crusty garlic bread.

I couldn't believe how delish this was. I'm planning on frying gnocchi as an accompaniment to a fry-up in future; I can just imagine how great it'd be with the egg yolk oozing all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chopped up some chorizo, peppers, butternut squash and roasted in the oven for 30 mins, shaking every now and then.

Make a two egg omelette and use the above as a filling.

Serve with fried potatoes.

Lovely!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno what you call this so I'll list the ingredients

use a "flat bottomed" wok

3 de-skinned sausages squashed together patted flat and fried, break up in pan and then put to one side
    half onion, one pepper sautéed
    half tin of butter beans, half tin of kidney beans, full tin of tomatoes chopped thrown in to sauteed onion/pepper add a splash of soy sauce, tomato sauce and herbs.

When brought to a simmer throw sausage back in mix it all up and leave to heat for 10 mins under a lid.

The above is good enough for two heaving bowls. Should take no more than 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭nompere

mike65 wrote: »

The above is good enough for two heaving bowls. Should take no more than 25 mins.

Makes it sound like a recipe for food poisoning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

nompere wrote: »
    Makes it sound like a recipe for food poisoning!

LOL!

I just remembered this from student days. (Suitable for vegetarians).

1 Can Campbells Condensed Mushroom Soup
    1 or 2 Courgettes
    Pasta of your choice
    Salt and Black Pepper

Method:

Slice and fry courgettes in a pan
    Cook pasta

When pasta cooked, drain off water and put in courgettes and pour in condensed soup.
    Stir around until all heated up. Add a bit of milk if needed
    Salt and black pepper to taste.

PS: You can add in a green pepper in the frying process, or anything else that is lying redundant in the fridge and you think would work. Bon appetit mes amis :)

• Advertisement

Just been treated to Hawaii Toast at a neighbours. Easiest thing ever and very, very tasty!

A slice of toast
    A slice of pineapple
    A slice of ham
    A couple of slices of cheese
    A fried egg

Pile one on top of the other - enjoy!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Spaghetti Pasta
    Jar of sauce
    cook- mix
    top with grated cheese
    crumble crunched up taytos over
    Garlic bread on side if you wish.

Can add chicken, bacon or chorizo to meat this up as well!

the taytos topping is amazeballs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

A quick, easy creamy mushroom pasta, that's a lot lower fat than other versions. I don't really like mushrooms that much but I like this!

You need:

Mushrooms (I use one little tray of the Tesco value ones)
    Garlic
    Pasta of your choice
    1 tin of evaporated Milk
    Parmesan Cheese

Put the pasta on to boil.

Slice half the mushrooms, put the other half in the blender and grind so you get fine blend of mushrooms. Chop the garlic.

In a pan with a little bit of oil, cook the garlic and the blended mushrooms for a minute or two. Then add the sliced mushrooms. After a few minutes add about 2/3 tin of evaporated milk to make a sauce. (I use Tesco light choices semi-skilled evaporated milk - it's also a great low fat alternative to cream for other recipes like potato dauphinoise etc)

Add the cooked pasta and stir. Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and serve.

I use this recipe as a base and add things in to it depending what is in the fridge. I made this tonight and added some sliced ham and green beans as I had them to use up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Cajun chicken pasta

Chicken breasts cut in thin strips
    Small packet Cajun spice powder
    1 tblsp Sundried tomato pesto
    Cup Cream
    1 scallion
    1/2 tsp Garlic powder
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    Grated Parmesan

Put pasta on to cook
    Cover chicken in Cajun spice and Fry for about 6 mins in butter
    Add rest of ingredients. Stir well. Heat through for 4 mins.
    Add cooked pasta. Grate Parmesan over and stir through.
    Serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Banana "Ice Cream"
    Cut a banana into thinnish slices. Place in one layer in a sandwich bag or on a baking sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours (overnight or longer is fine)
    When you want "ice cream", bung the frozen banana bits into the food processor and whiz til the banana mixture is broken down but not smooth. Add a teaspoon of peanut butter or nutella to taste. Whiz again til smooth. (If you don't want another flavour just keep whizzing the bananas, very good like this too!)
    Serve straight away (soft whip) or pop back in the freezer for 15 mins to freeze more.
    Unbelievably good, very creamy even without the peanut butter or nutella :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Banana "Ice Cream"
    Cut a banana into thinnish slices. Place in one layer in a sandwich bag or on a baking sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours (overnight or longer is fine)
    When you want "ice cream", bung the frozen banana bits into the food processor and whiz til the banana mixture is broken down but not smooth. Add a teaspoon of peanut butter or nutella to taste. Whiz again til smooth. (If you don't want another flavour just keep whizzing the bananas, very good like this too!)
    Serve straight away (soft whip) or pop back in the freezer for 15 mins to freeze more.

Add milk to make a yummy smoothie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Add milk to make a yummy smoothie! :)
    mmm too true! raspberries and strawberries in mine please Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

dee_mc wrote: »
    Banana "Ice Cream"

I used to make this for my daughter when I was weaning her.
    I would just freeze a whole peeled banana for a couple of hours, take it out and mash it up with a fork, put it back in the freezer for another while, mash it some more and mix in some milk and it makes a great first ice cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Easy peasy spicy quesadilla with salsa and guacamole

Quesadilla

2 wraps
    Olive oil
    Cheese, grated
    Jalapeños
    Any other filling that might take your fancy - chopped cooked chicken is good

Salsa

Tomatoes, chopped
    Spring onions, chopped
    Jalapeños, chopped
    Fresh coriander, chopped
    Lime juice
    Salt and pepper

Guacamole

Avocado, roughly chopped or mashed
    Red onion, finely chopped
    Fresh coriander, chopped
    Lime juice
    Salt and pepper

Preheat large frying pan on medium. Spray or wipe with olive oil.

Layer a wrap with cheese, then some jalapeños (and/or other fillings), then more cheese, then top with another wrap. Don't overfill it. Lift carefully into the hot pan and cook until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.

Meanwhile combine the ingredients to make the salsa and guacamole, respectively. Stir.

Cut your quesadilla and serve hot with salsa and guacamole on the side. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Chorizo & Chickpea Stew:

1 onion, finely chopped
    1 red pepper, diced
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 stalk celery, finely chopped
    Approx. half a chorizo ring, sliced
    Pinch of chilli flakes
    Tin of chickpeas, drained
    Tin of tomatoes
    Coriander (optional)

Fry garlic, onions, pepper and celery until softened. Add chorizo and fry for another 2 minutes. Chuck in the chickpeas, chilli flakes and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.

Advertisement