Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Peasy Recipies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The trusted baked potato , with my special sauce.

Guys the trick with the Baked potato is as following :

Wash it , pierce with a folk several times , and bung in microwave for about 5 minutes.

After the 5minutes is up put in the oven for about 10-15minutes until crispy.

Now for the special part.

make some cheese sauce (from a packet) up. and add a small/medium can of tuna(drained ) to the sauce.

When potato is ready slice open add small amount of butter , add the sauce you made and top with some cheese and onion crisps..

THIS IS HEAVEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

This is bakin really, but so so good
    Get 6 good sized cooking apples
    2oz cookeen
    2oz stork
    12oz plain flour
    some sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon,milk

sieve 12oz flour into mixing bowl, Slice cookeen in, peg the stork in, Mix it by hand until its in breadcrumb sized kind of balls, (bout 5 mins), add water a little at a time to mix, stirring it with a big spoon until it turns into one big ball of dough, Put that in its bowl into the fridge
    Get 2 dinnerplates (thick oven proof ones) peel and slice the apples, put them in a bowl of water (stops them turning brown) Get the pastry dough, throw a lot of flour on a clean DRY table or rolling surface, take half the dough, roll it as thin as you can, put flour on roller if its tearing. Put the sheet on a plate, cover flat part of plate with apple slices, trim off extra pastry, add sugar, sprinkle on nutmeg & cinnamon (a little goes a long way), roll out off cut pastry to make a lid, wet the edge of the bottom layer, put on lid, press edges together with fork, trim excess, pierce a few steam holes, throw it in a 190 degree fan assist oven for 40 minutes.
    For a glaze,before baking rub milk on top (brush or fingers), then sprinkle on some sugar.

Serve with Custard.....or Ice cream, or cream or yoghurt, or just a cup of tea

The more apples you put in, the less like one of the miserable skimpy bought ones it'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

far2gud wrote: »
    Chicken with white wine sauce

Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts
    Mushrooms
    3/4 glass of Dry White wine
    Half pint of cream

Bat out chicken breasts to about an inch thickness
    Season with peppar
    Marinade with flour
    Pan fry on medium heat in half a cup of olive oil
    Add thinly sliced mushroom just before the chicken is cooked
    Add 3/4 glass of wine and crank up the heat
    Add Cream and wait for sauce to reduce

Serve

im going to try this tonight for my Dinner , Except I'm going to cut the chicken into stripes and have it as a filling on a baked Spud , and the left over sauce will be used for pasta :)

Edit : Im also going to add bacon bits to it as well , why not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭dh2007

Ingredients:
    2 chicken breasts
    50g butter (a good big chunk)
    1 and a half leeks
    a few handfuls of breadcrumbs
    half a dessert spoon of flour
    about 150ml of milk

Method:

Melt the butter in a pot.
    Chop the leeks. Add to the pot and sweat on a low heat for about ten minutes.
    Turn up the heat and add the flour and make sure all the leeks are coated. Cook for about 30 seconds.
    Reduce the heat and then add the milk. I usually add a small bit at a time until I get a nice creamy sauce. Don't worry if you need more or less than given above.
    Dice the chicken and place in a pyrex or oven-proof dish.
    Pour the leek mixture over.
    Cover the leeks with the breadcrumbs. I usually have about 1 and a half inches of breadcrumbs.
    Pop in the oven (180 degrees) for 35 minutes - the breadcrumbs should be nice and golden at this stage.
    Serve with salad.
    Yummy and dead easy.

Serves 2

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

i know everyone has their own stir fry recipie but i think mine is lovely!!

one chicken breast
    half a large carrot/one small carrot
    quarter(ish) of a head of brocolli
    2 peppers
    an onion
    frozen peas
    soy sauce
    oil
    chilli powder
    water

(the soy sauce and chilli powder are the important parts!!)

stick on some rice (enough for 2 servings..)

one chicken breast - cut into small pieces,
    put it in a hot frying pan with a little oil.
    just after putting the chicken in the pan sprinkle some chilli powder on it (less wastage than if u do it on the chopping board :D)

cube or cut into strips half of a carrot
    pull about a quarter of a head of brocolli into small pieces
    slice about a quarter of 1 red and 1 yellow (or green or orange if u prefer) pepper
    some onion
    some frozen peas..

when the chicken's pretty much cooked:

put the carrots in witht he chicken first, they take the longest to cook and are nice when burnt (! not kidding!)

after a minute or two throw everything else in.

lash in some soy sauce, about a dessert spoon-a tablespoon.. a good bit anyway

when thats all evaporated/absorbed and eveyrhting's coming along nicely, put in some boiling water, i suppose a couple of tablespoons anyway.. this makes the veg nice and cooked and the chicken tender..

i like to put a large plate over the pan at this stage.. sort of semi steams everything.. and also heats up the plate without wasting energy turning on the oven (i dont have a lid for my pan!!)

after a couple of mins take off the plate and keep frying , making sure to stir often.. till the water's mostly gone..

check ur rice, if its nice and fluffy then it and the stirfry are done..!!

should make two servings but i usually eat it all myself.. if cooking for two double the chicken, dont really need to add more veg...

ENJOY!!!! (this is a staple of my diet.. im a student if u didnt guess!!!)
    Ingredients:
    2 x Pitta Bread
    1/2 tbsp tomato purée
    2 tsp olive oil
    Pinch of mixed herbs
    Black pepper
    Cheese (I used cheddar)

Toppings:
    Whatever you like. I used salami.

Method:
    1. Mix the olive oil and tomato purée well. (I don't like too much purée, and I don't like it too strong - hence the oil. However, if you like more, or like it stronger, you can adjust here.) Spread the mixture on the pitta bread.

2. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and a squeeze or two of black pepper.

3. Grate cheese on top, and add your toppings.

4. Place in oven (Conventional: 220'C, 425'F, Fan: 200'C, Gas: 7) for approx 7-8 mins or until crispy around the edges.

Let me know if there are any tips to make this better!

if u toast the pitta bread first, and i find basil is the nicest herb to put on it :D, also if u then stick it under the grill rather than in the oven..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

Totally simple and delicious!!!

Serves 4

Take 4 part boned chicken breasts or leg pieces.
    Heat casarole dish on hob add a glug of olive oil and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from chicken from pot and add 2 - 4 chopped cloves of garlic (depending on mood)..cook garlic(don't let it brown)
    Replace chicken and add 1/3 to 1/4 bottle white wine.
    Sit some peeled spuds (evenly sized..if big cut in quarters) plus chopped carrots on top of chicken. Add salt and pepper.
    Bung in oven (180 C) for about 45 mins to an hour. Top up with wine during cooking if necessary....serve with juices poured on meat and veg.

Yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Here's an alternative recipe for carbonara as shown to me by a friend from Rome. (note: he stressed that cream should not be part of the recipe)

Requires:
    • Spaghetti
    • Eggs
    • Bacon
    • Parmesan
    • Olive oil
    • Salt
    • Optional: crushed black pepper
    • Water

1. Cook spaghetti:
    a. boil water with some olive oil (or butter if preferred) and a good amount of salt to your preference
    b. put spaghetti into boiling water
    c. cook for about 10 mins (don’t overcook – keep tasting it until it’s al dente – I usually over estimate how long it needs!)

2. Fry bacon:
    a. chop 2 -3 rashers per person up into small squares (scissors is handy)
    b. fry in olive oil for 3-6 mins
    c. save all of this (keeping the oil for flavour) in a bowl
    3. Grate parmesan – the more, the better.
    4. Drain spaghetti and put back in saucepan – but don’t put it back on the heat
    5. Add bacon & olive oil immediately
    6. Crack 1-2 eggs per person (3 is good for 2 people, 4 for 3) into the spaghetti which should still be very hot
    7. Mix really well for 1-2 mins – the heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs
    8. Add lots of grated parmesan and mix well.
    9. Taste and add a little more salt and the freshly crushed black pepper if desired

(I wrote this up for someone, hence the almost too-obvious instructions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've gotten into cooking in the last few weeks, loving my food and wanting to eat something different to what my mom or dad usually make. This was one of the first recipes I tried and it worked out really well. It serves 3-4.

You need:
    About 30 prawns (or an equivilant amount of diced chicken or whatever)
    Vermicelli Noodles (really thin rice noodles, you should find em in asian food shops, you'll probably need about 150-200g)
    Chopped Vegetables (I used spring onions and carrots, but use whatever you want)
    4-6 cloves of garlic
    Sesame oil

For the sauce:
    6 tsp soy sauce
    1.5 tsp thai fish sauce
    1.5 tsp sesame oil
    100-150 mls Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (I used about 2/3 of a 200ml bottle)

So basically, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and throw in the prawns(or whatever meat you're using). Mince and fry the garlic in sesame oil in a wok and cook the noodles(should be really quick, less than a minute). Once the garlic is slightly brown, throw in the sauce with the prawns/meat and shortly after, throw in the vegetables. Once the prawns/meat are cooked satisfactorily, add the noodles and mix them in. You can remove the wok from the heat at this stage. Once the noodles are well mixed in and coated in the sauce, you're done and can serve. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

Saw Jamie Oliver do this on the Late Late friday night;
    I tried it Saturday and it was simple and very tasy.

-Boil some Pasta Fusili

Sauce: Chop up some:
    -Tomatoes
    -Basil
    -Garlic
    -Chilis
    -Onion

Mix n shake it all about!

Pop it all into the Pasta, mix it up and serve with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled over it.
    10/15 mins to make tops.

Looked so easy and delicious.
    Gonna give it a go tonight. I think that the secret is the right tomatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 evaliang5

My friend tried it, and said, it is delicious:p
    every one can do it
    l_012c1a851548381292b086f0f705f05c.jpg
    1.At first, add the eggs into the putty or plastic vessel of microwave oven

l_76b6857b48fd194c55b33ff53b6aaa82.jpg
    2、Break the eggs,add Oliver oil,salt,shallot,dried shrimps

l_fa932d7462fa51cc3bc3bfd90468ab50.jpg
    3、Add few water(sorry, I don't know how much) and pepper, curry powder,Chinese prickly ash

l_beca135bb47b82cefcd0dadc37fcc6cc.jpg
    4heat it 3 munites, also you can put some curry powder,cayenne powder, garlic powder too.

OK, finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

sorry but that dont look to appetising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

Ingredients (all from Lidl):
    3/4 Bars of dark chocolate
    Digestive Biscuits

Method:
    1. Melt the chocolate over a hot pan.
    2. Crush as many digestives as you want.
    3. When melted, take the chocolate off the heat and mix in the biscuits.
    5. Add the mixture to a pan/tray/square thing (Anything will do!!!) that is lined with greaseproof paper. Allow to cool and harden and cut into squares.
    6. Serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Hot N' Spicy Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
    1 chicken fillet
    Mixed Leaves (Lettuce / Spinach / as you like)
    1/2 Red Onion
    1 Red Chilli
    1/2 Red Bell Pepper
    1 minced garlic clove (or more if you prefer)
    2 Spring Onions or 1 Shallot
    1 tsp Cayenne pepper (add more or less accoding to your tolerance)
    3 tsp Light Soy sauce
    1 tbsp Fish Sauce (Can use diluted Oyster sauce but nice with fish sauce)

Preparation:
    1 Mince or finely chop the chicken fillet and set aside
    2 Chop up Chilli, Mince Garlic and Bell pepper and set aside
    3 Chop up Red Onion, Spring onion and add to the leaves in a salad bowl
    4 Mix Cayenne, Soy and Fish sauce in a cup and set aside

Method:
    1 On a medium-high heat fry chicken (use a little oil if you don't have a good non-stick)
    2 When chicken is near cooked add the chopped chilli, garlic and red pepper
    3 Once cooked remove from heat and mix well with the fish/soy/cayenne
    4 Add to salad bowl and toss

Eat!

Works well with a few chopped up freshly cooked noodles also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Baked potato with curried beans.

Bake your potato whatever way you want, I'm lazy so I just chuck a couple of baby potatoes into the microwave for a few mins. This recipe is also particularly nice with sweet potato.

Put half a tin, or one of the small tins of baked beans into a small saucepan and heat on a medium heat until hot (duh!). While heating add 1tsp curry powder, 1sp chilli powder and 1tsp cumin. If you'd prefer it spicier then add more.

If you fancy, cook up some rashers in the microwave and chop into little bits, then sprinkle over the baked potato with beans.

A spicy twist on an old favourite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bump, who's got more? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Bump, who's got more? :)

We had a pie tonight that was so simple my OH was able to make it (with directions from me sitting on the couch)! I only put pastry on the top so it's kind of half a pie.

1) Chop up some onions and garlic
    2) Chop vegetables of your choice in to small pieces (we used carrots broccoli and green beans)
    3) Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and brown the mince with the vegetables,
    4) Once the mince is browned mix in a good quantity of gravy (we used stock, flour, water and red wine - you can just packet stuff)
    5) Put the mince/gravy mix in a pie dish.
    6) Cover the pie dish with a sheet of pastry (we buy frozen sheets and take them out a about half an hour before we need to use them). Make sure that the dish is covered completely and that the pastry is fully sealed and pressed down at the edges.
    7) brush some olive oil on top of the pastry
    8) cook in the oven for about 25 minutes - depending on how big your pie is.

I hope I explained that ok. I'll have to think do I have any more.

I thought of another recipe that's is very yummy and quite easy to make.

Potato Dauphinoise

1) Peel potatoes and slice them as thinly as you can
    2) Place them carefully in an oven dish in two layers
    3) Heat 250ml of cream on a low heat
    4) Add some chopped garlic to the cream
    5) Pour the warmed cream over the potatoes. You should have enough cream to cover the potatoes.
    6) Cover in grated cheese
    7) Cook in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes

Yum - and it tastes even nicer heated up the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

watna wrote: »
    We had a pie tonight that was so simple my OH was able to make it (with directions from me sitting on the couch)! I only put pastry on the top so it's kind of half a pie.

1) Chop up some onions and garlic
    2) Chop vegetables of your choice in to small pieces (we used carrots broccoli and green beans)
    3) Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and brown the mince with the vegetables,
    4) Once the mince is browned mix in a good quantity of gravy (we used stock, flour, water and red wine - you can just packet stuff)
    5) Put the mince/gravy mix in a pie dish.
    6) Cover the pie dish with a sheet of pastry (we buy frozen sheets and take them out a about half an hour before we need to use them). Make sure that the dish is covered completely and that the pastry is fully sealed and pressed down at the edges.
    7) brush some olive oil on top of the pastry
    8) cook in the oven for about 25 minutes - depending on how big your pie is.

I hope I explained that ok. I'll have to think do I have any more.

Cool, I've never made a pie before, must give it a try. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Kung po chicken's easy as well.
    Mix two tablespoons of white wine vinegar or rice vinegar with one tablespoon of soy sauce and two tablespoons of hoi sin sauce in a cup. Set aside.

Chop chicken into bite-size bits (yay for kitchen scissors) into a small mixing bowl.
    Add a tablespoon of cornflour and some salt and pepper, and stir till the chicken is all coated.

Heat wok, add a tablespoon of peanut/sunflour/rapeseed oil and let that heat up (add some sesame oil too if you want to be fancy)
    Throw chicken into wok and stir-fry for four to six minutes until it's golden in colour.
    Take chicken out of wok and put in a clean bowl for a few minutes.

Wok goes back on the heat, add another tablespoon of oil, and throw in a chopped onion and a chopped green pepper (and if you want other veggies, those too, all chopped to the same size).
    Stir-fry for three or four minutes, then add the chicken back in, stir-fry for another minute to heat it all up, then add the sauce you made at the start and turn the heat down (if you have gas) or off completely (if you have a solid electric hob), and let it cook, stirring often, for another four or five minutes.

Serve with rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Nicest Chocolate Biscuit cake ever...... and so easy

200g of Dairy Milk
    1 Large packet of Rich tea biscuits (the long pack, can't rem quantity)
    1/4 lb of butter
    1 tin Nestle condensed milk

Melt the choc, butter and milk slowly in a saucepan (use a wide bottomed one because it makes the next step way easier).

When thats fully melted and mixed take off the heat and break all of the biscuits into the mixture.
    Put into a non stick tin/dish – I normally line it with baking parchment. Put into the fridge overnight to set. Then I peel off the parchment paper before trying to cut it up.

Warning.....sometimes can end in fights between fully grown adults :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

pretty simple really:

3 chicken breasts
    brocolli
    one tin of mushroom soup
    2 packets of tayto cheese and onion crisps
    cheese

right, fry off the chicken breasts and cook the brocolli. then put then into a small casserole dish and mix with the tin of mushroom soup. Crush your packet of crisps and spread over the top. the add grated cheese over the top too. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees.

the crisps make it seem quite random but it adds a really nice crunch to the top. it managed to convert my OH to eating brocolli which was no mean feat! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭The BOFH

Quick & easy lunch/dinner dish:

2 sheets of frozen pastry.
    1 pack of 2 minute savoury microwave rice.
    1 tin of red salmon.
    Cup of grated cheese.
    Lemon juice.

Defrost the pastry, cook the rice and spread on the bottom sheet of pastry leaving a 1" gap around the edges, drain & mash up the salmon & spread over the rice, squirt some lemon juice over the salmon, spread the grated cheese over the top of this. Place the top sheet of pastry over the all this & fold over the edges and press down with a fork, cut 3 or 4 diagonal slits in the top & put into a 200C oven for ~ 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.

Serve sliced hot or cold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Brown Bread

1/4 cup of pinhead oats
    1/2 cup of porridge oatlets
    1 cup stoneground wholemeal flour
    1 & 1/2 cups of plain white flour
    1 & 1/2 cups of buttermilk
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt

Method

Sieve white flour and baking soda into a large mixing bowl
    Add the other ingredients, mix with a fork. Do not knead.
    Drop mixture into a greased tin
    Bake in an oven for 40-45 minutes, temperature 200 degrees celsius

bread4.jpg

bread.jpg

breaddone.jpg

pretty simple really:

3 chicken breasts
    brocolli
    one tin of mushroom soup
    2 packets of tayto cheese and onion crisps
    cheese

right, fry off the chicken breasts and cook the brocolli. then put then into a small casserole dish and mix with the tin of mushroom soup. Crush your packet of crisps and spread over the top. the add grated cheese over the top too. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes at 180 degrees.

the crisps make it seem quite random but it adds a really nice crunch to the top. it managed to convert my OH to eating brocolli which was no mean feat! :)

This sounds yum - think I'll give this a try tomorrow!
    Brown Bread

1/4 cup of pinhead oats
    1/2 cup of porridge oatlets
    1 cup stoneground wholemeal flour
    1 & 1/2 cups of plain white flour
    1 & 1/2 cups of buttermilk
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt

Method

Sieve white flour and baking soda into a large mixing bowl
    Add the other ingredients, mix with a fork. Do not knead.
    Drop mixture into a greased tin
    Bake in an oven for 40-45 minutes, temperature 200 degress celsius

bread4.jpg

bread.jpg

breaddone.jpg

Thanks for this. It's the one thing I miss most about not living in Ireland is not being able to get proper irish brown bread. If I could make my own it would solve everything! Hopefully I can get all the ingredients here - I don't recall seeing buttermilk anywhere. Is that a specifically Irish thing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

watna wrote: »
    Hopefully I can get all the ingredients here - I don't recall seeing buttermilk anywhere. Is that a specifically Irish thing?

It seems to be. I can't get it in the UK either. Apparently you can make a substitute by adding vinegar to milk and leaving it stand for a bit - I started a thread about it here before. I tried it, but it didn't do anything visible to the milk, just made it smell like vinegar. I expected it to thicken up a bit. My bread was very crumbly too, so I don't think it worked properly.

Faith wrote: »
    It seems to be. I can't get it in the UK either. Apparently you can make a substitute by adding vinegar to milk and leaving it stand for a bit - I started a thread about it here before. I tried it, but it didn't do anything visible to the milk, just made it smell like vinegar. I expected it to thicken up a bit. My bread was very crumbly too, so I don't think it worked properly.

I asked on a NZ forum I use and apparently it's easy to get in Wellington. My local supermarket has it - which is great. I was told the vinegar and milk thing too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's interesting about the buttermilk and vinegar theory as well. Our oven is slightly temperamental so sometimes we put tinfoil over the bread for the last 15/20 mins to prevent burning as happened a little in the pic above.

Got the recipe whilst on a trip with the scouts about ten 10 years ago, it was from the Cavan Lifeforce mill. Have fun. :)

• Advertisement

Basic enough Chicken Curry

1 onion, finely diced
    2 tablespoons of mild curry powder
    400g tin of chopped tomatoes
    450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    150ml warm water
    Sesame oil

Method

Heat oil and fry the onion over a medium heat for 4-5 mins until softened.
    Fry the chicken until lightly done/brown
    Add the curry powder
    Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, simmer slowly
    Then add the warm water, simmer the mixture for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
    Serve with rice.

Today - no name on it, chicken pesto, mozzarella & parma ham thingy. It was very tasty!

4 chicken breasts
    2 balls of mozzarella
    1/4 bottle of white wine
    8 leaves of basil, approx
    200ml jar of red pesto
    Parma ham
    Bottle of creme fresh

Method

Slice chicken breast lengthways (split to make pouch) per each chicken breast.
    Put 1/2 mozzarella ball into chicken breast - cut it up and spread inside the chicken. Add basil leaves here also.
    Wrap the chicken breast up in some parma ham, use string if needs be.
    Put in baking dish (pyrex)
    Add 1/4 bottle of white wine
    Cook in oven at 180 degrees for 30 mins approx

We had it with baby potatoes

Brown Bread Ice Cream

100g brown breadcrumbs
    50g demerara sugar
    375 cream
    1 tablespoon of Jamaica rum or sherry
    50g of icing sugar, sieved

Method

Mix together the breadcrumbs and sugar. Spread on a baking sheet and place in a hot oven 200 C, gas mark 6 for 10-5 minutes until the sugar caramelises and the crumbs are golden. Cool and break down with a fork.
    Whip the cream until stuff. Fold in the rum, icing sugar and breadcrumbs.

Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a chilled container. Cover and store in freezer until required. Remove from freezer approximately 30 mins before serving. Served with fresh fruit sauce.

Advertisement