Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving up in the world

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

kincsem wrote:
    One way to win 5 in a row is to play against your mates or against yourself.

That couldn't happen. Could it?

Mmmm, let's see. Get nine people with wireless modems, all quickly join a table when the site is slow. Of course better still if the eight are seated and you then join.

Get your money back (less 10% to the poker site).

Allegedly Minh the master got his mates to play in tournaments allegedly and dump off their chips to him allegedly when they were in a hand with him allegedly so that he could allegedly win the tournament allegedly.

Have you not read my last 2 posts about this at all? PPP, and all tribeca skins, would have to check for this anyway when they were running the promo. Chip dumping and soft playing are very easy to spot when everybody's hole cards are known.

Very witty indeed lafortezza!
    Now I rather meant I challenge to PPP.
    So we are no longer running the STT promotion. BAH HUMBUG!
    BUT!!!!!!
    I am prepared to offer the following to sate this threads appetite!
    I offer as a one off. Amaru $2,500 if he can win 5 $5 (or above) 9 seater sit and go's NLH in a row prior to 31st December 2005.
    Usual t's and c's apply.
    Any collusion / cheating will immediately result in forfeit.
    I will personal oversee this and make a ruling.
    Amaru will send me his username when he signs up.
    I will not reveal it without his express permission

Have we a deal ;0)

I will of course take you up on this deal. I'll PM you my username when its set up.

Also, i'll be PM'ing roundtower the conditions of the bet very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Is this a good time to tell you all that Amaru is actually Phil Ivey having a laugh? He's a wizard at the ol $5 sit n go's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I am prepared to offer the following to sate this threads appetite!
    I offer as a one off. Amaru $2,500 if he can win 5 $5 (or above) 9 seater sit and go's NLH in a row prior to 31st December 2005.
    Usual t's and c's apply.
    Holy shít! Quick someone set me a challenge before she sobers up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

hotspur wrote:
    Is this a good time to tell you all that Amaru is actually Phil Ivey having a laugh? He's a wizard at the ol $5 sit n go's!

Phil Ivey wouldnt of taken the bet.

• Advertisement

Also, i doubt Phil Ivey needs 4150! Maybe Hellmuth, but not Ivey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

Damn. Beaten to it.

And PPP would be quite happy to stake up many times more than $2500 if they thought he would!!

Since Nikki is now involved and we could have access to Amaru's sit n go results until the 31st December does anyone want to get some side action going on the spectacularness of Amaru's suspected impending failure? Anyone wanna do a spread up on the % of sit n go's he wins / cashes in / gets bad beat knock outs with AA. Could be a whole new aspect to the industry - get a random punter, get him involved in overambitious online poker feats for bets and have side action betting. Hey boxing sucks these days, now we have Amaru vrs the rest of the world (and probability). I for one would like Amaru's attempts to be televised live :)

You won't have access to my SNG results or anything like it, as my username will be kept secret unless i say so. Its nice to know you're rooting for me though.....:mad:

Amaru wrote:
    You won't have access to my SNG results or anything like it, as my username will be kept secret unless i say so. Its nice to know you're rooting for me though.....:mad:

Well, I for one hope Amaru succeeds.

However, for my own personal high horse justification I hope he succeeds at 11:59pm on the 31st December when his KK cracks AA as he sits in his chair shaking from the caffeine that has got him through the sleep deprivation of the previous week of panicy online poker play trying to prove that it can be done.

You might do it Amaru and good on you if you do. It won't be easy though!

(All joking aside, good luck with it!)

• Advertisement

Amaru wrote:

Hehe lighten up Amaru I was kidding, I do hope you do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I hope Amaru succeeds, from his post on the poker forum he seems like a top guy, and the Santa Strike Force would be a very suitable charity for his winnings. I'm sure PPP would approve of the $2500 going to charity.

So now i'm Barry Greenstein?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Amaru,

Will you give us at least an update on your progress?

Like 1st Dec ... won 2, then came 4th in my 3rd game etc.....

Keeping us informed, but at the same time, preserving your right to a fair crack at it.

Of course, that was always my intention.

One thing i have noticed in my play in the last 2 days is the almost "tilt" affect this bet has had on my game. I'm either too scared or too eager to pull the trigger, because the motivation has gone from "win" to "have to win". In my last 10 tournaments, i've only cashed twice, not even won. It's purely psychological, but it wasn't something i had anticipated once the pressure was on. Like i said though, i love a challenge, and this only adds to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Amaru wrote:
    In my last 10 tournaments, i've only cashed twice, not even won. It's purely psychological,

so definitely not variance or a higher sample showing a truer version of results then? :)

in fairness if it is having this effect on you one day into it your best bet is to cancel all bets and just go back to trying to improve your game

This is just a psychological block, one that needs to be worked through, just like tilt. I'm making mistakes that are glaringly obvious, not taking bad beats. After a couple of sessions, i think it will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

very best of luck amaru!

it's a bit like making a 147 in snooker or a perfect game in 10 pin bowling. atfer a few red and blacks down you start thinking....

take your time and don't think of the headlines

take it hand by hand, game by game and good luck again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm not sure it's good value at 5 to 1, but with the $2500 added I don't think it's a bad proposition. It's not unreasonable to expect a decent player to win 1 in 5 $5 sngs. 1/(5^5) = 1/3125. So depending on how much you play, I think it could be made into a profitable bet.

Exactly. Any good tournament player understands the concept of risk versus reward, and this bet has huge reward versus very little risk.

• Advertisement

Out of interest how many are you / planning to try to get through in a day?

Amaru wrote:
    Exactly. Any good tournament player understands the concept of risk versus reward, and this bet has huge reward versus very little risk.

It does now that PPP are on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Brilliant. Cant believe I never bothered reading this thread.

I dont think theres much value, First theres the $150 to roundtower then theres all the buyins so unless he wins the 5in a row very quickly I think he'll go broke especially with Christmas coming up

What about if i win money in the tournaments? Or clear my deposit bonus?

Amaru wrote:
    What about if i win money in the tournaments? Or clear my deposit bonus?

Sorry Im just jealous that roundtower got in before me

You could just offer me better odds......

Amaru wrote:
    You could just offer me better odds......

I owe Rountower money. Could end up with broken legs if I take his business while not making repayments.

Thats alright, i was joking anyway. 15-1 would have been nice though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Would it be unseemly to ask for the same reward should I win 5 in a row this month?

My apologies if I am hijacking anybody's parade here. I just happen to play quite a lot of sng's on Paddy Power.

I haven't won more than three in a row if that will help your decision.

Appreciatively,
    D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Pit Boss,

alot of players only play sng's,why don't you run some kind of league one night a week or whatever...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement