Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving up in the world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

OK, I definitely missing something here.:rolleyes:

If this is so easy to do (you are very confident in fairness) why the small bankroll.

If I could carry out this feat (I'd settle for 3 in a row :) ) at the turn of the tap, I think my bankroll would be a little higher than 250 by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Culchie wrote:

If this is so easy to do (you are very confident in fairness) why the small bankroll.

If I could carry out this feat (I'd settle for 3 in a row :) ) at the turn of the tap, I think my bankroll would be a little higher than 250 by now.

I was thinking that myself.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

Culchie wrote:

I had to cash out and pay off some debts, not least of all my credit card. Also, as stated in the bad beats thread, i'm trying to learn the cash game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

"Thats all well and good, but you have to be aware that you'd be putting a 4 digit amount on a 1/10 shot, and be prepared to lose it. Once you've acknowledged that, then this deal can go ahead."

Ok? Ive allready offered to leave the money with a bagman, surely that was acknowledgement.

"Also, i would suggest that, seen as its christmas, the money not need to be paid on December 31st. I'd suggest sometime in January, like the 15th or 31st. This might suit me more than you, but me having that amount of money to spare at christmas time is unlikely."

I thought we would be leaving the money with someone, hence you will have to give him the money and I would be arranging collection with him.

"Also, if you are serious about this, then i'll make a bet exclusively you with you only, meaning i can put more money to it. However, we have to decide on a suitable amount. 300 is too much, as previously stated, my bankroll is only in the 250 region. How amount somewhere around 150?"

You were taking a bet for €150 at 5/1 hence I am offering double previous odds and as a result I wasnt a meaningful stake, Ill go as low as €250. For €150 it wouldnt even be worth my while to carry out the travel and verification if you claim to have done it etc etc.

"This is correct. If anything was to adversely affect the SNG's on tribeca, say the blind structure being changed, number of seats increased, or a major skin pulling out, then the bet would be forfeit, and both parties would keep their money."

Agreed, though must be 9 seater sngs, you can choose your own level ( as long as its not play money )

So do we have a deal? If so whos gona hold the cash etc, how will verification be provided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

to shut people up you could just post a print screen of your poker transactions page showing the winnings of 13 1sts out of 15 (just cash to and from table...held funds and balance are your business;))

i just hate to see beer and santa money been gambled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

I posted earlier offering an escrow serevice.

I'm pulling out - not that it was accepted or anything.

To be honest Amaru, you are posting results from a VERY small selection of sit and gos and there are very experienced people on here telling you just how hard it is to achieve what you are claiming you are going to do.

I don't doubt your past results. They could well have happened. I do doubt your ability to pull this off on demand though and given your mentionings of credit card debt and the size of your poker bankroll I think you are getting in too deep.

You are effectively making a bet that even if I believed your confidence, would require a bankroll of €15,000 to make regularly and on top of that I think you are getting short odds too.

If I were you, I would leave the bet alone, try to achieve the five before the end of the year, post the results on boards to prove us all wrong, thank Culchie for the cheque and then consider making the bet.

Just my thoughts. Think it through Amaru. A lot of very experienced people here are doubting it's that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Amaru wrote:
    Also, i'd like to add, i'm hesitant to take this deal for 2 reasons. 1, you're still relatively new here, so taking you at your word on whether you'll pay is a huge leap of faith on my part. 2, €3000 is a lot of money to most people. i'm not sure who you are or what it is you do, but if you can afford to possibly give away 3000 on a whim, then i have to be a little suspicious.

Have you anybody who can vouch for you on either? The same doesn't apply to Roundtower because he's been here a long time and is an established poster, so i feel i can trust him more.

Thats all well and good, but you have to be aware that you'd be putting a 4 digit amount on a 1/10 shot, and be prepared to lose it. Once you've acknowledged that, then this deal can go ahead. Also, i would suggest that, seen as its christmas, the money not need to be paid on December 31st. I'd suggest sometime in January, like the 15th or 31st. This might suit me more than you, but me having that amount of money to spare at christmas time is unlikely.

Also, if you are serious about this, then i'll make a bet exclusively you with you only, meaning i can put more money to it. However, we have to decide on a suitable amount. 300 is too much, as previously stated, my bankroll is only in the 250 region. How amount somewhere around 150?

This is correct. If anything was to adversely affect the SNG's on tribeca, say the blind structure being changed, number of seats increased, or a major skin pulling out, then the bet would be forfeit, and both parties would keep their money.

I'm glad you feel I'm so trustworthy! I had intended that we could both leave the money with a third party, but I don't mind swapping phone numbers and paying up in January instead.

I've thought about the bet a little bit more, and I'm now prepared to offer you 10-1 on your €150. I think the original 5-1 was fairly fair, and gave you a good chance, and like you said you also felt that was a fair price. But I want in on the action now, I suppose I'm just too much of a gambler, so I'm matching Pillow's offer. Same terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Congrats to Mrpillowtalk and Culchie on their forthcoming win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Come to the Fitz on thurs for the freeroll Amaru, show your skillz

I win nothing.

I'm just a good sport.

• Advertisement

bmc wrote:
    If I were you, I would leave the bet alone, try to achieve the five before the end of the year, post the results on boards to prove us all wrong, thank Culchie for the cheque and then consider making the bet.

Just my thoughts. Think it through Amaru. A lot of very experienced people here are doubting it's that easy.

One of the reasons i've wanted to move up is because i don't feel that the people at the level i'm playing at are offering much of a challenge. I'm extremely competitive by nature, and doing this i feel would reignite the spark, seen as i can't be confident i'm skillful enough yet to win at the next level. The money is not that important to me, seen as i work now, and have become a successful SNG player, so 150 is 2 nights out, something which i can easily forfeit. If it was any bigger, then yes, i'd have to seriously reconsider. The risk-reward in this bet however is huge.
    I'm glad you feel I'm so trustworthy! I had intended that we could both leave the money with a third party, but I don't mind swapping phone numbers and paying up in January instead.

I've thought about the bet a little bit more, and I'm now prepared to offer you 10-1 on your €150. I think the original 5-1 was fairly fair, and gave you a good chance, and like you said you also felt that was a fair price. But I want in on the action now, I suppose I'm just too much of a gambler, so I'm matching Pillow's offer. Same terms.

So then its settled. I'll take your 10-1 at €150, and thats the final bet. I'll draw up a list of conditions that i feel i need met first before we agree fully on the bet, and then it'll be on. I'll try get them up later today.
    Come to the Fitz on thurs for the freeroll Amaru, show your skillz

No thank you. I played it once before, and it was enough to put me off for life....

EDIT: Culchie, if i'm to understand you right, i can win my 5 at any level to qualify for my prize? Does it matter if its 9 or 6 seats?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Amaru wrote:
    Does it matter if its 9 or 6 seats?

I would say it does...

9 seats.

You win 5 in a row at any real money table and I'll honour my word. It has to be verified by PPP though, only condition, I don't want 8 Amaru buddies playing raise and fold, so I need some sort of official verification.

You could tell me when you're playing .... I might join you for a game;)

This should be understood. PPP Pit Boss can verify that the 5 in a row were free from collusion of any kind, just the same way as they would have had to for the actual competition.

Sound, it's all sorted then. You have until 31/12/2005 to complete your mission.

What is your name on PPP?

I'll be registering a new account on PPP, one that will be used only by me, but i'll be keeping the screenname secret until i try to claim on the bet. Thats just one of my conditions, because there's too much that can go wrong if the name is known. And there's no chance i can claim using somebody else's account, because it'll be set up this week, under my credit card.

Amaru wrote:
    I'll be registering a new account on PPP, one that will be used only by me, but i'll be keeping the screenname secret until i try to claim on the bet. Thats just one of my conditions, because there's too much that can go wrong if the name is known. And there's no chance i can claim using somebody else's account, because it'll be set up this week, under my credit card.

What could go wrong due to the screen name being known?

It'd all go under the heading of "sabotage", but then i am the paranoid type....

Either way, there's no real need to know the screen name, unless i need to claim on the bet.

Amaru wrote:
    It'd all go under the heading of "sabotage", but then i am the paranoid type....

Explain...

Somebody sees your screen name playing and breaks into PPP to plug out the servers?

Somebody sees your screen name playing and decides to join one of the SnGs to try and beat you? Surely there are already 8 other players supposed to be doing that anyway?

I don't get it?

It sounds more likely to benefit cheating on your part than it is to prevent any sabotage on anybody elses part.

If somebody were to sit in on a tournament with the express intention of busting just me, then it could easily be done. Also, they'd probably be more talented than the average player there.

I don't see how i could use this for cheating though? As previously stated, PPP will probably check the 5 in a row for any signs of cheating, just like they had to do when they were running the 5 in a row contest. Either way, I plan on winning this fairly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

Besta luck with this...your gonna need it me thinks

Probably! But like i said, it's going to be fun, prop bets always are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

Do I hear a challenge?

Well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Do I hear a challenge?
    Did you read the thread? Cos reading the thread might answer your question :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

bmc wrote:
    Explain...
    Somebody sees your screen name playing and decides to join one of the SnGs to try and beat you? Surely there are already 8 other players supposed to be doing that anyway?

I don't get it?

It sounds more likely to benefit cheating on your part than it is to prevent any sabotage on anybody elses part.

One way to win 5 in a row is to play against your mates or against yourself.

That couldn't happen. Could it?

Mmmm, let's see. Get nine people with wireless modems, all quickly join a table when the site is slow. Of course better still if the eight are seated and you then join.

Get your money back (less 10% to the poker site).

Allegedly Minh the master got his mates to play in tournaments allegedly and dump off their chips to him allegedly when they were in a hand with him allegedly so that he could allegedly win the tournament allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So this is fact? Or is it just allegedly true..... should be more clear

:):):)

Very witty indeed lafortezza!
    Now I rather meant I challenge to PPP.
    So we are no longer running the STT promotion. BAH HUMBUG!
    BUT!!!!!!
    I am prepared to offer the following to sate this threads appetite!
    I offer as a one off. Amaru $2,500 if he can win 5 $5 (or above) 9 seater sit and go's NLH in a row prior to 31st December 2005.
    Usual t's and c's apply.
    Any collusion / cheating will immediately result in forfeit.
    I will personal oversee this and make a ruling.
    Amaru will send me his username when he signs up.
    I will not reveal it without his express permission

Have we a deal ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I knew I should have posted some exaggerated results!!!

[size=-12]not that it matters because there's no way it's going to happen. When the Bookie is offering you a free prize for doing something you know you're on a loser[/size]:D

Still a great gesture from PPP, and I hope to be proven wrong by Amaru...of course the pit-boss could just offer a once off to the first boards.ie poster to achieve the feat in the given timeframe...that would be an even greater gesture ;)

• Advertisement

I could but then I would rather be taking the sting out of this particular challenge wouldnt I? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement