Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving up in the world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

no it's not ! :p

You didn't buy "Zen and the Art of Poker" did you? ...admit it, you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not yet, I trying to get it? Where can you buy it?

If Doc doesn't have it, then Amazon does.

cool, will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Amaru wrote:
    I'll take the 5-1, but 500 is just too big. Thats not even my bankroll right now. I was thinking of capping it at 50. Either PPP Pit Boss or KarlH will be able to verify the result, but i need to find out more about the conditions of the promotion from either before i'll agree to it. I have to figure out a reasonable time constraint too, but i'm thinking Dec 31st. There may be more difficulty involved in winning 5 9 seaters in a row, but i'm more than willing to find out if the odds are right.

I'd like it to be a meaningful amount for both of us. Culchie has offered $150 so if you could scrounge up $150 of your own, maybe find another backer, we might be able to come to some kind of arrangement. Dec 31 would be fine. Of course it's difficult, but you should easily have a 1 in 6 chance of getting there. I'm giving you a big overlay on your money because I understand you're wary of the financial risk.

• Advertisement

Woah !

I'll give him €150 if he gets the 5 in a row..... I don't need him to wager anything....consider it a christmas gift.

That's my offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Amaru wrote:
    I have to figure out a reasonable time constraint too, but i'm thinking Dec 31st. There may be more difficulty involved in winning 5 9 seaters in a row, but i'm more than willing to find out if the odds are right.

So it was 7 in 8 6 seaters that you finished 1st in? Still impressive.

For your info, Noble Poker have a competiton where if you win 5 6 Seat STTs in a row you can win up to $25K, now it's harder than normal STTs because it's a ladder competition and only the winning players go through, but still. Since they started this in July of the 10's of thousands of players who have sat down and registered at one of these tables only 3 players have actually taken the prize down.

PPP ran a win 5 9 seat STTs competition for 6 (maybe 4 or 8) weeks earlier this year and to the best of my knowledge nobody managed it, I may be wrong but there was never anything on the site about it.

I don't think you'll do it, and whatever about losing 5*5.5 at the tables, 500 is going to be a kick in the teeth for you! Regardless of how good you are, all you need to get is AA once with less chips than the person who calls you and be on the end of a bad beat. Best of luck with it though, hope you make me eat my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

PPP were running the STT promo before i started but not at the moment.

changed to a royal flush bonus for a month and now cumulative bad beat jackpot for december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

RoundTower wrote:
    I'd like it to be a meaningful amount for both of us. Culchie has offered $150 so if you could scrounge up $150 of your own, maybe find another backer, we might be able to come to some kind of arrangement. Dec 31 would be fine. Of course it's difficult, but you should easily have a 1 in 6 chance of getting there. I'm giving you a big overlay on your money because I understand you're wary of the financial risk.

Speechless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I'll give you 10/1 for any amount over €300, same conditions ie proof must be agreed beforehand as to the Five in a row being verified, Ill give you till new years to complete it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

This thread cracks me up. You have 2 people betting against a person they've never seen play, one person backing him, and somebody telling me to bet my whole roll!

I'm not sure about you, but 50 is still a big amount for me. It represents about 20% of my roll, and 500 would be double it. How much is the minimum that you'd consider "meaningful"? Take it as a given that culchie is staking me for 150. Also, i actually think 5 to 1 is very short odds for me. The chances of me being able to do this should be much longer than that. But i agreed on 5-1, so i'll stick with 5-1.

Culchie, i have to ask whats your take in this? If i read correctly, you'd keep all of your proportional profit but 150 of it, which would go to me?

Pillow Talk, your deal is definitely worth considering, so i just have to see now how much money i can actually afford to put up. I'll say now though that 300 is probably too much for me.

All things considered, i probably did get lucky to win as many as i did, but this is going to be a fun challenge if it actually goes ahead. Like i said, i think i can do it. The promo not being run anymore is a bit of a downer though. Also, i think that this can only be done on Tribeca, because of a unique combination of factors that goes into the STT's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Not to speak for him, but I think Culchie, is just offering you 150 if you do it, and you owe him nothing if you don't..... I don't think he's offering backing, but I could be wrong.... Culchie????

Yeah, when i look back at his two posts, i'm not sure which it is he wants. I just assumed he was staking me, but now i don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

why dont ppl take advantage of this kind offer :)

Because i'm not offering it to everybody who wants in. If i take a bet with pillow talk, then that'll probably be the last one. I just don't have the money to take anymore action. I had originally wanted to only take one bet at 5-1, which RT then made(strange how we both had the same idea of what odds to offer), and then pillow talk has made a much better offer.

Amaru wrote:
    This thread cracks me up. You have 2 people betting against a person they've never seen play, one person backing him, and somebody telling me to bet my whole roll!

Do you not see a pattern? No-one has come outright and called you a liar but you do understand that what you are claiming is pretty unbelievable! There are some very very good players, professionals even, that post here, and even they say they have only ever won 3 or 4 max in a row! If you did this on some sites you can win a million dollars! So you can see why people are scurrying to see you prove this...

Do you see now why i've offered to put my own money up to show it can be done?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

why dont ppl take advantage of this kind offer :)

Amaru wrote:
    Culchie, i have to ask whats your take in this? If i read correctly, you'd keep all of your proportional profit but 150 of it, which would go to me?

I don't want anything, I don't think it can be done, so if you do it (verified by PPP) then I'll give you €150

Oh okay, i just assumed from your first post on the second page that you wanted to stake me. In this case, thank you, thats a very generous offer. I'd prefer if you WERE staking me, but i'll take this offer just as quick.

• Advertisement

Amaru wrote:
    Oh okay, i just assumed from your first post on the second page that you wanted to stake me. In this case, thank you, thats a very generous offer. I'd prefer if you WERE staking me, but i'll take this offer just as quick.

Sorry. If you do it, you deserve the €150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll give you 10/1 for any amount over €300, same conditions ie proof must be agreed beforehand as to the Five in a row being verified, Ill give you till new years to complete it.

Also, i'd like to add, i'm hesitant to take this deal for 2 reasons. 1, you're still relatively new here, so taking you at your word on whether you'll pay is a huge leap of faith on my part. 2, €3000 is a lot of money to most people. i'm not sure who you are or what it is you do, but if you can afford to possibly give away 3000 on a whim, then i have to be a little suspicious.

Have you anybody who can vouch for you on either? The same doesn't apply to Roundtower because he's been here a long time and is an established poster, so i feel i can trust him more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Amaru wrote:
    ....and i was now crushing them, cashing in all but 1 of my first 15 played, and taking 1st in all but 2. ....

fantastic stuff but are you been asked to do it again? (win 5 in a row)
    if i understand your OP correctly, you've already done it TWICE!

3 times might be one feat too many!

Good Luck tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bmc

Amaru wrote:
    Also, i'd like to add, i'm hesitant to take this deal for 2 reasons. 1, you're still relatively new here, so taking you at your word on whether you'll pay is a huge leap of faith on my part. 2, €3000 is a lot of money to most people. i'm not sure who you are or what it is you do, but if you can afford to possibly give away 3000 on a whim, then i have to be a little suspicious.

Have you anybody who can vouch for you on either? The same doesn't apply to Roundtower because he's been here a long time and is an established poster, so i feel i can trust him more.

I'll offer an escrow service if both parties want to produce cash up front.

My slice will be a meagre...

Nah, I'll do it free if ye really want to do it. Neither of ye know me from Adam but I'm sure someone on here could vouch for me.

Some rules would have to be established though. Amaru, you seem very particular about which SnGs you think it can be done in. What if the format changes next week?

It doesn't matter what level Amaru wants to pick, 10 cents or €100.

Frankly the lower levels will be more perilous to this particular project.

All that is required for proof, as far as I'm concerned, is the nod from either PPP Pitboss or Karlh, and I'll send out a cheque for €150 to Amaru's postal address.

I would like to watch though, so if you do decide on a particular time to do it, PM me if you want a railbird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

does this apply for anyone Culchie? I'm willing to send you proof if I ever win 5 in a row and you can send me a cheque :D

Best so far is 4 once, but I'm always on the lookout for free money ;)

Sorry Iago ... I just couldn't resist the gauntlet being thrown down, too much drink, have to honour my word though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Amaru wrote:

Ive read and posted on boards for quite a long time, I just dont post unless I feel I have anything new to add to the topic in disscussion.
    As was suggested if we can get someone we both can trust to hold the money ( maybe someone well known here or even someone in the fitz etc ). The money on my end wont be a problem, anyway I reckon I'll be getting it all back on 1sr January :D

• Advertisement

Thats all well and good, but you have to be aware that you'd be putting a 4 digit amount on a 1/10 shot, and be prepared to lose it. Once you've acknowledged that, then this deal can go ahead. Also, i would suggest that, seen as its christmas, the money not need to be paid on December 31st. I'd suggest sometime in January, like the 15th or 31st. This might suit me more than you, but me having that amount of money to spare at christmas time is unlikely.

Also, if you are serious about this, then i'll make a bet exclusively you with you only, meaning i can put more money to it. However, we have to decide on a suitable amount. 300 is too much, as previously stated, my bankroll is only in the 250 region. How amount somewhere around 150?
    Some rules would have to be established though. Amaru, you seem very particular about which SnGs you think it can be done in. What if the format changes next week?

This is correct. If anything was to adversely affect the SNG's on tribeca, say the blind structure being changed, number of seats increased, or a major skin pulling out, then the bet would be forfeit, and both parties would keep their money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement