Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldschool

Ah, it will go ahead, but it's the companies in the IFSC who are getting hot under the collar about it, not us end-of-the-line folks. They already HAVE transport links, so they just see the extension as unwelcome disruption, whereas to us it's a lifeline! I don't see it NOT happening, but there will be a lot of nit-picky wrangling in the meantime....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tony99

Some positive news stateside on the Dockland area:
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/technology/14708001.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The inquiry finished on Friday. Ultimely it centres on the right of the state to build the Luas -v- the rights of the bank if the RPA or its agents screw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

oldschool wrote:
    ..they just see the extension as unwelcome disruption, whereas to us it's a lifeline!....

In fairness I think their concerns are legitimate when you see what happened on Harcourt st. with the Luas.

Telecoms is like oxygen to these types of firms, if the networks were impacted, even for as little as 1hr, the costs could be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

Has anybody actually moved into the ****ing lighthouse apartments? Aghhhhhhhh:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

Has anybody actually moved into the ****ing lighthouse apartments? Aghhhhhhhh:mad:

I assumed LH1 had moved in as the board was fairly quiet?

I am snagging in LH2 end of June, supposedly moving in 2 weeks after :confused:

Begs wrote:
    I assumed LH1 had moved in as the board was fairly quiet?

I am snagging in LH2 end of June, supposedly moving in 2 weeks after :confused:

I'm in LH 2 too, 5th floor; latest I heard about a snagging date was 'mid-July', and I'm taking that with the mandatory pinch of salt.

Clodo in LH 1 had a six week gap between snagging and re-inspection, then a further big delay to getting keys (if, indeed, she did get the keys!?).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Getting keys today! :D Delira.

oldschool wrote:
    I'm in LH 2 too, 5th floor; latest I heard about a snagging date was 'mid-July', and I'm taking that with the mandatory pinch of salt.

Clodo in LH 1 had a six week gap between snagging and re-inspection, then a further big delay to getting keys (if, indeed, she did get the keys!?).

I'm on the 3rd floor (one of the ones that stick out at the end) and have been given 27th June but Collen said it was dependent on preceding snags...so could be delayed a while yet! And as you say if there is a lot that needs fixing then that will impact the reinspection, etc. Thankfully I have no lease where I am otherwise I'd be :mad: as opposed to:(
    candyman wrote:
    Getting keys today! :D Delira.

Fingers crossed for you Candyman - You are just in time for a World Cup moving in party!! :D

The long wait is finally over (practically 1.5 years). Got my keys yesterday and moved some stuff in. The apt looks class I have to say and the lads Declan and Derek have been sound about any issues Ive had to raise with them.

good luck to all others moving/waiting to move in....its just like waiting on a bus, once the bus arrives ur so happy to be on the bus, u forget about the wait! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

candyman wrote:
    The long wait is finally over (practically 1.5 years). Got my keys yesterday and moved some stuff in. :D

I happened to be driving past the Lighthouse Apts and onto Church Road last Saturday evening and was thinking about Candymans message about finally getting his keys. I then noticed a good looking female vistor walking towards the Apts with a bottle of champagne in her hands. I don't suppose this was intended for you Candyman :D ?

Congrats, it's nice to see folk finally move in. Good luck to all....

Barbie on your balcony this weekend, then? ;)

I had to move out of my house in East Wall (only moving a couple of streets to Lighthouse - yes, I like the area THAT much :) ), so I'm renting in Ballybough. If you thing East Wall is 'edgy', Ballybough is like the South Bronx - screams and police car sirens! Erring on the side of caution, having been given 'mid-july' for snagging, I've rented the house until the end of September.....too pessimistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

Congrats Candyman. Good things come to those who wait.

Drove by last night and saw that a few people had moved in alright. Spoke to the security guard who said that nobody had moved into LH2 yet (no surprises there). He let us check out the car park though, which looked ok.

Anyway, let us know if you see any topless birds and good luck living in E.W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Unkie B

Finally some of you are getting your keys. Maybe now the whinning will stop. Doubt it though.

Has anyone had any success setting up a phone line or more importantly broadband from any of the lighthouse apts yet?

was on to NTL this morn re broadband - not available in the area.

have requested an eircom phone line to be installed - currently all the phone jacks in our apts dont connect to anything as eircom have no line in yet. mental.

as i dont have a number yet, eircom couldnt tell me if broadband would defo be available on the line I get but she did say the nearest exchange is east point and broadband is at the exchange so hopefully we can get hooked up from there. rough guess of 4 weeks for phone line install...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

Hay there Candyman

Ntl cant do broadband in our area as the lins are to old. They cant provide it till some time next year. As for Eircom they cant provide untill all building works are completed??? We have just signed up with didiweb. How are you finding it in the lighthouse? We have been in for a month now.

I'm due to snag in the next few days. Now that a few of you are living in LH, I was wondering is there anything usual that may have cropped up that I should be looking out for? Also, Is the Eircom/ntl working yet?

Much appreciated! I will get back with details of the moving in party in due course!!

Begs wrote:
    Also, Is the Eircom/ntl working yet?

ntl is already connected and working. they dont provide broadband in the block tho.

the eircom phone line was connected in about 20 mins and broadband en route in about 10 days. for once i was amazed by our national telecommunications provider. :)

begs - is ur apt in LH1? far as i can see there are only a few moved in so far....

candyman wrote:
    ntl is already connected and working. they dont provide broadband in the block tho.

the eircom phone line was connected in about 20 mins and broadband en route in about 10 days. for once i was amazed by our national telecommunications provider. :)

begs - is ur apt in LH1? far as i can see there are only a few moved in so far....

I'm in LH2 - the top one clad in wood on the clontarf side. I was up last week measuring up and having a first look around. All looked good tho was a bit disappointed in the size of the living area, and the fact that there is a step up to the balcony area - why are they not on the same level?! :confused:

The size of the living area turned out to be correct per the plans - it was just me imagining/hoping it would be bigger! Overall I couldn't see much in the way of snag items - hopefully a pro will spot them, if any!!

They said it would take another 4 weeks post snag until handover of keys but I won't hold my breath.

BTW has anyone installed a dishwasher (as its not in the basic spec)?

Begs wrote:
    BTW has anyone installed a dishwasher (as its not in the basic spec)?

im actually getting one installed today would u believe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I havent read all the posts... Way to many for lazy me.

I lived in East Wall for 11 years. I loved it, great neighbours, close to town, single guy, own house blah blah

A few points. I cycled everywhere, when I got a car I realised I was stuck in East Wall anytime around rush hour traffic. (unless I cycled)

KNOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS Be friendly, say hello, put their bin in if you spot it lying around, I found East Wall people to be the best neighbours ever, however, the Cork people who bought my house after me didn't get on well. They felt that they were more sophisticated and better than the locals and blanked them. They had a bit of trouble. I used to sleep with the back door wide open! The local kids walked my dog, I got involved in the local watersports club, I minded "santas" Xmas presents for neighbours with little kids so they wouldnt find them....

candyman wrote:
    im actually getting one installed today would u believe!

Is it *ahem* 'someone working on site' ;) installing it or is it a private plumber, etc?

If poss can you pm me the details as this is must for me (even above sky tv!)?

lightening wrote:
    I havent read all the posts... Way to many for lazy me.

I lived in East Wall for 11 years. I loved it, great neighbours, close to town, single guy, own house blah blah

A few points. I cycled everywhere, when I got a car I realised I was stuck in East Wall anytime around rush hour traffic. (unless I cycled)

KNOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS Be friendly, say hello, put their bin in if you spot it lying around, I found East Wall people to be the best neighbours ever, however, the Cork people who bought my house after me didn't get on well. They felt that they were more sophisticated and better than the locals and blanked them. They had a bit of trouble. I used to sleep with the back door wide open! The local kids walked my dog, I got involved in the local watersports club, I minded "santas" Xmas presents for neighbours with little kids so they wouldnt find them....

Good god no! Keep the riff raff out - electrify the gates of the LH!! :D;)

Stick me down for minding the santa toys though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polly_pocket

hey, looking at houses in Seaview Avenue and Sackville Gardens...anyone no these areas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vivienne

hey, looking at houses in Seaview Avenue and Sackville Gardens...anyone no these areas??

Yep, bought on Seaview avenue last November. So handy for town, going out etc. East wall is a very tight-knit community and they stick together & look out for each other or at least that's my impression. Just getting to know the neighbours now and they're all really genuinely nice people. It almost reminds me of village-life (I grew up in a small village); starting to feel at home :)

Q from me: anyone got updates on restaurants in east wall / fairview / ifsc area; i.e. within walking distance of east wall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lighthousedave

There seem to be a few Lighthouse apartment buyers in this thread.
    Just wondering if anyone has had any problems show up in the snagging? We are snagging an apt in block 2 tmorrow and just wonderring if there are any common faults showing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lighthousedave

Quick Update - We had a quick look around the apt today and it is generally looking well - although there are a lot of wee niggly things - builders are on hols so it might take a while!
    Is that wireless broadband an option - is it clearwire?
    The apts come wired for Alarms - does that meant we have to install the actual alarms ourselves?

Welcome to the neighbourhood. We needed a new door and sink which they replaced immediately. They also tided up some plastering and repainted the hall. Unfortunately God is not in the detail on this build and half of our snag list was never completed. Although it was three pages long. However the major problems were sorted out and the deputy foreman was a pleasure to deal with. We have since had a few problems and once again they were solved promptly. They do seem to genuinely care but they have too much on their plate.

It might be a good idea to start up an owners association to communicate with the management company. Let them know of any issues and how feel they are performing. Not suggesting anything radical, however we own this complex and it’s in our interest to make sure its run right

Also about the alarms. The place is wired but you need some one to install one. Costs around €500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

clodo wrote:
    Also about the alarms. The place is wired but you need some one to install one.
    This is usual. It means that the entire building isn't reliant on one company.

Advertisement