Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

By the way, has anybody ever heard a traffic report on the news WITHOUT mentioning Eastwall... Bring on the port tunnell

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

I have a day off work next week and was thinking of visiting the LH2 in the hope that the builders will let me in to have a look at my apt. I dont have any measurements and I believe that couches and beds etc. can take a number of weeks to be delivered.

Has anyone tried tho get in prior to snagging and how friendly are the builders?

Yeah I tried to get into LH2 mid feb with no joy. Maybe the build will be far enough on by now to allow you access. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

The builder probably wont let u in for insruance reasons etc. I managed to get in to measure in LH1 about 6 months ago just by legging it in while no one was around but I did get into a bit of stick on the way outta the place. Didnt go down well!

To be honest Frank, its not real necessary that you get in now as you will probably have about a month or so spare after you snag it so you might not be without a couch for as long as you think....

You can take a gamble if you really need the measurements otherwise i'd say hang on till you snag...
    Begs wrote:
    Yeah I tried to get into LH2 mid feb with no joy. Maybe the build will be far enough on by now to allow you access. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't trespass on building sites. Its dangerous.
    I have a day off work next week and was thinking of visiting the LH2 in the hope that the builders will let me in to have a look at my apt. I dont have any measurements and I believe that couches and beds etc. can take a number of weeks to be delivered.
    What do the drawings say?

While not perfect the drawings will give you a very good idea of what you will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

The drawings aint much good - if you scale off them the external wall are about 6ft thick and the balconys about 50% larger than the spec.

Does anyone have any idea when the LH2 is due for completion? If I have to speak to the agents again I my loose my sanity completely

• Advertisement

the plans that we bought off aint worth diddly either. during a recent snag i found a door that seemed to swing the wrong way (enough jokes already ;) ) so i checked the plans that i bought the apt off and sure enough the door looks like it should swing into the room and not out of as the builder have done. so i said it to the foreman that on the plans the door swings the proper way and can i get it fixed please. his reply was basically that the plans from sherry fitz are not binding whatsoever and are subject to change at any given time. they are merely an illustration of what it will eventually look like. hence no measurements on the plans.

this business is so heavily loaded in the builder/estate agents favour its practically criminal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 red19

Sherry Fitz rang me this morning - snagging starts week of 5th June...

red19 wrote:
    Sherry Fitz rang me this morning - snagging starts week of 5th June...

Yeah dude I got a call today aswell. The guy rang straight through to my voicemail to tell me that we would be snagging in June. Not surprised that he had no balls to talk me directly.

Anyway, he told me 9 June - not 5 June. Eitherways, its the first bit of contact from them in AGES.

candyman wrote:
    the plans that we bought off aint worth diddly either. during a recent snag i found a door that seemed to swing the wrong way (enough jokes already ;) ) so i checked the plans that i bought the apt off and sure enough the door looks like it should swing into the room and not out of as the builder have done.
    The swing may be in a particular direction for fire escape reasons.

Victor wrote:
    The swing may be in a particular direction for fire escape reasons.

Apparently its for wheelchair access! It'll be swinging the right way by the time im finished with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shoutinbob

Readymix today said it is to sell its site at 5-23 East Wall Road, Fairview, Dublin 3, by way of best bids on May 26.

Ronan Webster from CB Richard Ellis, who have been instructed to sell the site, said it "is an ideal opportunity for a developer to acquire a high profile residentially zoned site, which would expect to achieve a high density residential scheme due to its zoning and prime location".

Selling agent CB Richard Ellis is quoting a guide price of E16m plus for the site

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

Hay candyman

Have you been given your keys yet? I am getting very impatient with the whole thing. We were promised by the foreman we could be in straight after Easter? As you can guess I am still waiting. Just wondering if anyone has moved in yet?

"is an ideal opportunity for a developer to acquire a high profile residentially zoned site ...."
    ... next to a fire station. :eek:

Victor wrote:
    ... next to a fire station. :eek:

I lived behind one for 2 years, and honestly you just get so used to it you end up not even noticing the sirens. Plus the sight of lots of firemen seemed keep the girls in the flat happy!

clodo wrote:
    Hay candyman

Have you been given your keys yet? I am getting very impatient with the whole thing. We were promised by the foreman we could be in straight after Easter? As you can guess I am still waiting. Just wondering if anyone has moved in yet?

Nope not in yet. Am waiting to reinspect after the snag (nearly a month ago now). Am also getting a bit impatient tbh but hopefully in the next week or two we can close on this and get moved!

When I meet the builder again, I mean to ask him has anyone actually moved in yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tony99

Here's a thread from another forum that should throw some light on the "social" history of east wall

http://dublinpeople.com/interact/forum/bluepforum/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=196&forum=1&start=0

:mad: If anyone is waiting to sign off on their apt to move in and is wondering what the latest hold up is? The gates where broken and the wait is for them to be fixed. Yet another it will be a week fob off.

Clodo - have u closed the sale yet and are just waiting on ur keys or whats ur current situation?

am trying to get a close on the sale this week hopefully....
    clodo wrote:
    :mad: If anyone is waiting to sign off on their apt to move in and is wondering what the latest hold up is? The gates where broken and the wait is for them to be fixed. Yet another it will be a week fob off.

We were supposed to close and get our keys today. Got a phone call from our solicitor this morning to say that we cant close because of some health and safety issues. I rang the foreman to find out what it was. He gave me the no of someone in the colleen office who told me that the electric gates had damaged. It will take the week to to get someone out to fix it. also some of the landscaping has to finished before they can let residents in. Looks like you me and someone else from the Second floor are pushing to get in this week. Dont think we should get our hopes up.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldschool

Just found this thread now - am buying on 5th Floor of Lighthouse 2. I've given up making any plans around completion dates, just going with the flow....

Those of you who've bought in block 1, how long did the builders take to sort out issues arising from snagging? Also, and I know this will vary from apartment to apartment, but are wardrobes built against party walls (for soundproofing) or against internal walls? What way are they leaving the non-tiled floors?

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

oldschool wrote:
    Those of you who've bought in block 1, how long did the builders take to sort out issues arising from snagging?
    6 weeks and counting....:(
    are wardrobes built against party walls (for soundproofing) or against internal walls?
    not 100% but i think internal walls...
    What way are they leaving the non-tiled floors?
    bare concrete covered with a layer of soundproofing...

Clodo,

Can you give me the details for the surveyor you used for the snag? You can PM me if you like....how much was it?

Hay all

For anyone moving into the LH1. I was talking to the Collen group. The closing date for keys etc is now Friday June 2nd. So anyone wanting to move in before that you have no chance.

Hope you all have patience as we will need lots of it

It's all ahead of you LH2

Oldschool I used John O'Donnell from C.A.M. No complaints and he is very thorough.

Combined Asset Management Ltd.
    10 Keypoint Bus Pk Rosemount Ballycoolin Rd Dublin 11
    T (01)8855970 E info@cam.ie

SF rang today and have put off the snagging for LH2 from 9 June 2006 to 27 June 2006. The reason cited for this was ESB (as opposed to gates, access etc. which was posted a few weeks back to boards).

I asked SF if people in LH1 had even moved in yet, to which they replied YES. Given what you have said, Clodo, that appears to be yet more bull****.

I got the same call too, same dates, same excuse. I reckon given Clodo's experience, etc, it'll be delayed yet further.

Frank, I like the way you have included '2006' in the dates - did you actually clarify that with them!! ;):)

:confused: Do y'all reckon there any point in actually booking a snag now for that date (27 June)? Has anyone called the Collen guy ('Finishing Foreman') - I went and deleted the SF voicemail with his no....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cats79

Hey I bought in LH1 (1st floor - unfortunately only got a cancellation so couldn't be higher up:( ),

Can't believe 1st closing has been postponed yet again to 2nd June!!! Will this ever end?!?!?

Apparently only about half of block 1 has been snagged so far. I've reviewed my snag twice already & hopefully for the last time early next week (waiting on outside contractors - some idiot cracked one of the glass panels for my balcony!). On the plus side builders seem quite keen to finish up with the snagging so hopefully once the gate is repaired we can all move in asap.

Luv ya

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 red19

hi I heard from Sherry Fitz today that snagging in LH2 won't happen now until sometime in July (I had previously been told early June)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

From todays Indo...

THE redevelopment of the north docklands could be in danger if the proposed Luas line does not go ahead.

The warning from a socio-economic impact statement on the plan comes as the Rail Procurement Agency (RPA) opens a public inquiry into the proposed line.

"Should Luas line C1 not be constructed, it is possible that some of the proposed developments for the study area will not proceed," the assessment read.

"Or that the pace of redevelopment will decrease, having a negative impact on the regeneration."

The area is undergoing considerable redevelopment, but public transport links to the area are poor and a Luas link would significantly improve access.

The public inquiry into the proposed line is due to begin in the Davenport Hotel, Dublin, next Monday. A preliminary hearing was held yesterday.

James Connolly SC has been appointed by Transport Minister Martin Cullen to act as inspector.

The inquiry is expected to last over a week after which the inspector will make recommendations to the minister. It is hoped that the railway order will be granted early next year and the line completed by 2009.

• Advertisement

developers have been selling properties in the north docklands at high prices due to the added bonus of having a luas line in a few years. i'd feel pretty robbed if the line didn't happen in the end...:rolleyes:

i cant imagine it not getting the go ahead tho, the area is in dire need of it and the amount of investment going into that area (specifically north quays) and the whole point village redevelopment should see it happen.
    hard to understand why there should be a "public enquiry" into it unless its just about how much and how long issues....

Advertisement