Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Wall, Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody know what is being built on Ravendale Road behind Alexandra Place Apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody know what is being built on Ravendale Road behind Alexandra Place Apartments?

An Post are putting a new sorting office there.

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=3851/15&theTabNo=1

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00529149.pdf

382831.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

blue_blue wrote: »

Ah, never thought to check that site! Thanks. Nothing too exciting though ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 www.bored.ie

Is there any news on the proposed gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

That road isn't going to be able to handle the amount of traffic going through it now. Terrible set up & of course should have been rectified in planning but what do you expect in this country. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Is there any news on the proposed gym?

It seems to be the only business in there that hasn't put any signs up yet to let people know what company will be moving in.

I'd also be very interested to hear any details on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

cson wrote: »
    That road isn't going to be able to handle the amount of traffic going through it now. Terrible set up & of course should have been rectified in planning but what do you expect in this country. :rolleyes:

Getting out of Aldi is already a problem. They should make it a no right turn on on exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

beauf wrote: »
    Getting out of Aldi is already a problem. They should make it a no right turn on on exit.

I can see LIDL doing better than ALDI because it has a filter light for getting back onto the East wall road and has a bigger car park. Not keen on being stuck on the ramp to the ALDI underground car park in a queue with other cars.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I can see LIDL doing better than ALDI because it has a filter light for getting back onto the East wall road and has a bigger car park. Not keen on being stuck on the ramp to the ALDI underground car park in a queue with other cars.

Never had a problem getting stuck on the Aldi ramp, but will opt to park in Lidl ahead of Aldi for convenience of heading back up towards North Strand - the hassle of a right turn during the rush hours gets old pretty quickly. I'd imagine there will be a lot more pedestrian crossing action on the road from one shop to another. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Already a bit of a price war back and forth across the road, with opposing posters/banners advertising the offers.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Already a bit of a price war back and forth across the road, with opposing posters/banners advertising the offers.

I wonder if they'll last beyond this week...

ALDI have 50% off all fresh fruit and veg. The Super6 veg was 20c accordingly.

LIDL have 25% off all fresh fruit and veg and leaflets in-store where if you spend more than €30 you get 10% off your shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

odyssey06 wrote: »

I can see the Lidl doing better too, not just because it has a better car park and a filter light, but the shop has a bigger, brighter, better laid out feel to it. The Aldi seems a lot more cramped. It also has that pain in the neck escalator that you have to navigate. Lidl is at street level. The Mickey D's and the Starbucks are on that side of the road too.

Flats down that neck of the wood will become very attractive for IFSC workers now, especially with the Central Bank coming on stream too.

Aldi/Lidl/McDonalds/Starbucks/Odeon Cinema/3Arena/Luas into town/Walking distance of Fairview Park.

Probably lacks a decent Pub but I suppose you've got the Harbourmaster, Ely and that place that moved into MYO close by. Green Room too isn't bad.

Up and coming area I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Noctors isnt a bad aul spot

Latest on the East Wall Supermarket Price War...
    The sign outside ALDI suggests they still have 50% off all fresh fruit and veg.

This week, the LIDL 25% off is on all fresh meat, poultry and fish.

The LIDL leaflets in-store where if you spend more than €30 you get 10% off your shop seem to be in short supply, but I have seen ones dated this week and next.

Think the Aldi one is due to run until 21/4 if I remember right from a sign I saw.

I noticed workman (possible electrician) coming out of the Starbucks today. Hopefully that's a sign they might be open fairly soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

McDonalds had half the window screening down on Monday so I assume is nearing completion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

L1011 wrote: »
    McDonalds had half the window screening down on Monday so I assume is nearing completion too.

It must be imminent as McDonalds twitter site said last week that it will be opening in a few weeks. It will be Ireland's 90th McDonalds!!:eek::eek::eek:

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsIRL/status/752487606089318400

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fuze

It's taken a while but I've read through this entire thread with great interest.

Had been seriously contemplating placing a bid on 101 Church Road... lovely house but with an asking price of €395k I’d want to be certain I was making the right decision.

After reading the multiple reports in this thread of anti-social behavior in the area I'm now somewhat put off the idea. I can deal with a bit of dogsh1t here and there but I’d hate to move in and be terrorised by gangs of kids on a daily basis. As the house is directly facing the shops this seems like a real risk based on what I’ve read in this thread.

I know there were a few people commenting that things had gone downhill a couple of years ago… just wondering if there has been any noticeable improvement since the Aldi/Lidl opened up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would have thought the new McDonald's would attract the kids up there to hang out. They've done a nice job on that house, but 395k is a bit steep for there at the moment - I've no doubt prices will move with the Central Bank etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tmolcan

Hi,

think about renting an a room in the island key apartments, can anyone provide me some info about the area -

i'm a mid-twenties professional, would it be safe at night time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The drive thru at that McDonalds looks a bit unusual. It does't look lihe there'll be much turning space at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Carbon12

Mcdonald's opens tomorrow at 10am. Wed 10th August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The ESB are moving to the Gateway buildings for a few years while they knock and redevelop that monstrosity on Fitzwilliam Street. Heard about 1500 people moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭xl500

fuze wrote: »
    It's taken a while but I've read through this entire thread with great interest.

Had been seriously contemplating placing a bid on 101 Church Road... lovely house but with an asking price of €395k I’d want to be certain I was making the right decision.

After reading the multiple reports in this thread of anti-social behavior in the area I'm now somewhat put off the idea. I can deal with a bit of dogsh1t here and there but I’d hate to move in and be terrorised by gangs of kids on a daily basis. As the house is directly facing the shops this seems like a real risk based on what I’ve read in this thread.

I know there were a few people commenting that things had gone downhill a couple of years ago… just wondering if there has been any noticeable improvement since the Aldi/Lidl opened up?

If its Directly opposite shops I would think long and hard about it as a location

Will always have traffic and potential for change of use in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

P_1 wrote: »
    The drive thru at that McDonalds looks a bit unusual. It does't look lihe there'll be much turning space at all.

I know the cars drive into the Lidl car park, but where do they exit?
    Do they turn and come back into the Lidl car park or do they queue to exit the East Wall Road?
    I've noticed traffic getting a lot busier on East Wall during peak times, but this could really affect once the schools etc... go back in a couple of weeks :(

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I know the cars drive into the Lidl car park, but where do they exit?
    Do they turn and come back into the Lidl car park or do they queue to exit the East Wall Road?
    I've noticed traffic getting a lot busier on East Wall during peak times, but this could really affect once the schools etc... go back in a couple of weeks :(

I was briefly at LIDL this morning. McDonald's wasn't open yet, but it looks like the drive-in customers come back into the car park. Like P_1 says, quite a tight turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Anyone know the new mcdonald's opening hours? Couldn't find online.

• Advertisement

banjopaul wrote: »
    Anyone know the new mcdonald's opening hours? Couldn't find online.

I think it's 8h-22h everyday. They tried getting planning permission to open longer at weekends & bank holidays but it was refused.

394135.png

Advertisement