Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver IHP-140

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Andrew Fotzpatr

get an archos device instead like the gmini 400 or the av430
    www.archos.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

fjon wrote:
    Any comments on the software? What does it and doesn't it do?

The headphones - I presume they're similar to the iPod in-ear things. Can I plug in a different type of headphones and still use the remote?
    i think the software builds music databases for easy finding. I just drag and drop and have never installed the software.
    I love the remote and always use it, read the instructions carefully for it as there is lots of stuff that each button does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭digiman

Was thinking of buying the iriver IFP-795 (512MB) or the IFP-799 (1GB) from www.mx2.co.uk. The price is £120 roughly €180 and in peats it is €350 for the 512 one. I was wondering has anyone ordered from them before? or has heard anything good or bad about them. I rang them and they said the delivery was included in the price and it should be delivered within 2 days (3 at most).

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

i bought my IHP140 off mx2.co.uk. I ordered it on monday night and it was here on wednesday morning. Very happy with the service!

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. What do you think of the ihp140? How much was total cost when you coverted it to euro? I would be interested in it myself. The other one is a present for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

does anyone know where i could get an adaptor to replace the headphone adaptor that comes with the IHP 140?
    its the thing that plugs into the remote, and you plug your headphones into the other end of it?

my headphones dont fit the jack on the remote properly, and i lost the adaptor that came with my ihp 120

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Digiman, I ordered an IHP140 from MX2 a couple of weeks ago and it took almost two weeks to arrive. Having said that the only fault I could find with them was how slow it was getting to me, not sure why that was considering others had deliveries in 2-3 days, but it arrived and that's all I care about.

I ordered it yesterday at about 4pm and I still havn't got any kind of email from them about it to acknowledge that I ordered anything of them. I need to have it for Friday. The person on the phone said that I definitely should have it when I rang them yesterday before I ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Igy wrote:
    does anyone know where i could get an adaptor to replace the headphone adaptor that comes with the IHP 140?
    its the thing that plugs into the remote, and you plug your headphones into the other end of it?

my headphones dont fit the jack on the remote properly, and i lost the adaptor that came with my ihp 120
    I too would like to know where to get an adapter like this. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Go into somewhere like Peats and buy a brand new unit. Go home, open box very carefully and take the adaptor out. Close box carefully and exactly like it was and return to shop asking for refund using an excuse like "it was a gift but the person in question already has one or an Ipod etc..." :D

N.B. Obviously I'd never do something like this myself...

• Advertisement

digiman wrote:
    I ordered it yesterday at about 4pm and I still havn't got any kind of email from them about it to acknowledge that I ordered anything of them. I need to have it for Friday. The person on the phone said that I definitely should have it when I rang them yesterday before I ordered it.

I rang them earlier on and they said it was sent out for shipping earlier on today. Hopefully I will get it on thursday or Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I spilt tea on a H120, the screen comes on and it has the Iriver logo as usual, but that's it. I have to press the reset button to turn it off. Does anyone know somewhere that might take a look at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

Hey, a friend told me that the h120 is available in harvey norman for €200!
    I haven't been able to confirm this, anyone else seen or heard about it?
    That's an incredible price if it's true!

tuco wrote:
    Hey, a friend told me that the h120 is available in harvey norman for €200!
    I haven't been able to confirm this, anyone else seen or heard about it?
    That's an incredible price if it's true!

it was a misprint

Fabritzo wrote:
    I spilt tea on a H120, the screen comes on and it has the Iriver logo as usual, but that's it. I have to press the reset button to turn it off. Does anyone know somewhere that might take a look at it?

read the post 2 before your original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

figures!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

would buying an ihp140 in america cause any problems compatability wise?

where would i get one out there also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i think the power is the only difference (heard the colour too but thats neither here nor there).

this can be solved using a plug adapter, which u can buy in plenty of shops for <8 euro. or buying a power adapter here that does the job. you may be able to get one direct from iriver or from an indepent place that do universal power adaptors. dont recommend them thou.

so other then the power, they're the same machines. as far as i know!!!

only other issue is replacing them if it gets broken, damaged etc. more hassle going thru iriver/american supplier than an irish one.

dont know where to get it thou.

digiman wrote:
    I rang them earlier on and they said it was sent out for shipping earlier on today. Hopefully I will get it on thursday or Friday

Well I got the iriver on Friday. It was for my brother, it really is class. It is so light and the sound from it is excellent. It does great recordings from the radio and microphone. They playback crystal clear. I am definitley going to buy an IHP140 for myself. Does anyone know if they are in stock in peats or dixons. Would they order one for you if asked them or would you just have to wait until they come in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

I just got my h340 from mx2(ordered thursday, received wednesday), and as good as the 140 is, this blows it out of the water! seriously, i keep getting impressed by the amount of features i keep finding that the 140 doesn't have. One quibble though, the remote is only like that of the ipod, with no lcd screen, so i want to get one of the ones off the 1xx series(yes this does work, i've tried it).

Does anybody know any shops in town that sell them, as i don't really feel like waiting again to receive it, i'd rather just buy it and have it. Failing that, i will take websites(i know advancedmp3players.co.uk had them, but they're sold out).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Amaru wrote:
    I just got my h340 from mx2(ordered thursday, received wednesday), and as good as the 140 is, this blows it out of the water! seriously, i keep getting impressed by the amount of features i keep finding that the 140 doesn't have. One quibble though, the remote is only like that of the ipod, with no lcd screen, so i want to get one of the ones off the 1xx series(yes this does work, i've tried it).

Does anybody know any shops in town that sell them, as i don't really feel like waiting again to receive it, i'd rather just buy it and have it. Failing that, i will take websites(i know advancedmp3players.co.uk had them, but they're sold out).

I might sell mine to ya, PM if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

BArra wrote:
    would buying an ihp140 in america cause any problems compatability wise?

where would i get one out there also?

charger won't work! if you get one here, you may burn your ihp!

radio won't work! AIK, we and American's have different frequencies

I have an american iHP120. Charger does work 99% of chargers these days are 100-250V. I got a little convertor so it plugs into an irish socket, these can be got in town for under €5 or if you know your stuff you could make it.
    radio works fine, you can change your region on the player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ruprect wrote:
    I have an american iHP120. Charger does work 99% of chargers these days are 100-250V. I got a little convertor so it plugs into an irish socket, these can be got in town for under €5 or if you know your stuff you could make it.
    radio works fine, you can change your region on the player

but what about warranty? ;)

if something happens god forbid, then you will have to send it to America!

it's up to you guys, but personally I prefer to pay 30-50 euro more but have a piece of mind!

Yes warranty is an issue. I would pay 15-20 more for the warranty, but at the time I got mine for €95 less than in the shops here. At the moment Ireland seems a cheap enough place to get an iriver in a normal shop.

Advertisement