Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We read to know we're not alone...and go online just to make sure.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Anything in Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" series. A satirical look at the world in general, with unforgettable characters ie Death (who SPEAKS LIKE THIS) and a surprisingly emotional core. Pratchett always manages to give you some sort of moral message without being a preachy, in your face, holier than thou, old sod. This is surprisingly difficult. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yay System of the World! Neal Stephenson. By the way, has anyone seen my library's copy of zodiac around? I've lost it...
    Dumas is surprsisingly dense. I'm also reading the first sequel to "The three Musketeers" at the mo. Very cool. I want to be like Athos when I grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Demon Cleaner

everyone should read "one fine day in the middle of the night". it includes two of the greatest quotes ever: "its like butlins meets ethnic cleansing" and the other in reference to a terrorist "resting at his waist, suspended from a shoulder srap was israel's most successful export sinc christanity; an uzi 9mm sub-machine-gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

The Princess Bride.
    Bestest fairytale ever. Featuring the line "my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" repeatedly. Swashbuckling swordfights, the inevitable most beautiful woman in the world, giants and poisons and shipwrecks and the underground Zoo Of Death and torture and wow its soooo good.
    really funny too. And a damn good movie.
    And yes Bazookatone, Terry Pratchett rocks the proverbial casbah and Death is so sweet... Gotta love Binky too. I'm reading Monstrous Regiment at the moment. Seems like there's a new one out about a postman... I generally wait til theyre availiable in paperback (what can I say? I'm cheap.)Yay can't wait.

Advertisement