Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What comic are you reading at the moment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think last time I saw Vision in a relationship it was with Wanda?

I'm nearly finished Transmetropolitan vol. 6. Very over the top series.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just finished Secret Wars #8 Enjoying it so far bar one really boring issue. Last one next time out, should be a big finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

L.S.F wrote: »
    Just finished Secret Wars #8 Enjoying it so far bar one really boring issue. Last one next time out, should be a big finish.

Man, I am raging that #9 isn't out on 23rd December. I was all pumped to pick up 5 weeks worth of books on that day and read #8 and #9 back to back on Christmas day. Now I'll have to make do with just playing Mario Kart.... FML ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Man, I am raging that #9 isn't out on 23rd December. I was all pumped to pick up 5 weeks worth of books on that day and read #8 and #9 back to back on Christmas day. Now I'll have to make do with just playing Mario Kart.... FML ;)

Come mer man!
    Frodo-Hug-Samwise-Elijah-Wood-Sean-Astin.gif

About to start a Dark Reign reread. Lets feed Venom some Squirrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I've got mixed feelings about it, on the one hand I've enjoyed secret wars. On the other hand the delays have been ridiculous and the reboot a disaster (for me anyway, my Mavel pull list has shrunk) so it's been a bit of a score draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I've got mixed feelings about it, on the one hand I've enjoyed secret wars. On the other hand the delays have been ridiculous and the reboot a disaster (for me anyway, my Mavel pull list has shrunk) so it's been a bit of a score draw.

It kind of suits my reading style when it is spaced out. Sometimes I can go weeks even months not reading anything so the gaps don't affect my experience too much. The last time I read each week was Superior Spidy for the first 18 or so issues. I can see how it would be hair pulling for regular readers tho.

Managed to collect the last few issues and really enjoyed it. Haven't started the reboot Amazing yet (no, not the current reboot :rolleyes:) but have around 10 or so issues gathering dust.

Decided to jump on Secret Wars and enjoying it so far, but
    Why did Ben just give up in his fight?
    . Haven't invested in any of the spinoffs at all and not a fan of them getting rid of 70+ years of canon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Haven't invested in any of the spinoffs at all and not a fan of them getting rid of 70+ years of canon.

They haven't. The "all new all different" thing amounts to very little, tbh... Top of my head, the only differences I can see are:
    • New Avengers lineup
    • Miles Morales is in 616 now
    • Ummmm....

Just finished a couple of volumes of Bendis' 2013 Guardians of the Galaxy, read it on a whim but it was actually very entertaining, if not earth shattering.

I Was introduced to the "Contest of Champions" Book.

Totally worth it for these two.

SVrynVY.jpg?1
    Loving this version of Venom.

And Ares is always fun times.

Just finished a couple of volumes of Bendis' 2013 Guardians of the Galaxy, read it on a whim but it was actually very entertaining, if not earth shattering.

Felt the same. Enjoying the current Run in a similar manor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

On a whim picked up a volume on the urban fantasy Harry Dresden: so far so good.

Saga volume 4. I know the clue is in the title but it does go on a bit. It is brilliantly written though and while I don't particularly care for Fiona Staples art style it is perfect for the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got Vader Volume 1 TPB yesterday as a present and finishes it there. See why it was being raved about. Very enjoyable and definitely something I'll follow as the TPBs continue out.

Was planning a trip to Big Bang today but light leave it off tomorrow to resupply in reading material :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The fiancée got me the walking dead compendium 3 as part of my Christmas presents. She's got me 1 & 2 as well. Will have to take my time on 3.

With some Christmas money took a trip into Big Bang today. Decided I need to stick to my current stuff and finish them before jumping into new stuff (so many things I wanted to buy!)

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Volume 2
    Transformers Robots in Disguise Volume 2
    Deadpool Volume 4 and 5
    Walking Dead Volume 6

That will keep me going for a week or two :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    With some Christmas money took a trip into Big Bang today. Decided I need to stick to my current stuff and finish them before jumping into new stuff (so many things I wanted to buy!)

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Volume 2
    Transformers Robots in Disguise Volume 2
    Deadpool Volume 4 and 5
    Walking Dead Volume 6

That will keep me going for a week or two :D

Same. I've started spending a ridiculous amount lately so I'm gonna start just getting what's on my list from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just starting Transmetropolitan vol 10. Final volume. Been a fun ride this far

Had a great catch-up on my backlog over Christmas.

I'm up to date now with Injection. Found it a bit hard to get into but the further you get into it, the more rewarding it is. Seeing Dublin in illustrated form was my initial hook but the story really kicks into gear in issues #4 and #5.

While I read Vader every month, I'd let Star Wars (Marvel) slide a little but caught up on #7 - #12. This wasn't so bad in the end as I enjoyed reading that full set across two days. It's a straight-up adventure story and a good one at that.

I can't really say that I caught up on Paper Girls as the 3 available issues are new enough but I did get trough them all and enjoyed them a lot. I'd say that it's gonna go to weird(er) places but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Final mention: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Damn, that **** is dark.

Dark Knight III is next on the slate along with Huck. My Harley Quinn Holiday Special (2014) remains unread and will soon find it's way into the attic with my Christmas Tree, wishing for another shot at being read in December 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 greenwicklow

Bill et Boule, les bandes dessinees !!!

Final mention: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Damn, that **** is dark.
    That Dark lord stuff was not at all what I was expecting from the book,
    Quite the interesting take with the property.

Sabrina02.jpg
    Yikes!

• Advertisement

Friend got me Star Wars: Tag and Bink for xmas. Really fun read with a couple of lol moments. Also re-reading Original Sin to see how I feel about it without waiting all those weeks between (which was a bit pants cos of how many of the tie-ins sucked).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Friend got me Star Wars: Tag and Bink for xmas.
    Manny Both-Hanz died to bring us this information.

(._.)

Ridley wrote: »
    Manny Both-Hanz died to bring us this information.

(._.)

If I could thank this twice...

Have had Batman City of owls on the bedside table for a couple of months unopened, started it tonight. Snyder and Capulo are geniuses.

Have had Batman City of owls on the bedside table for a couple of months unopened, started it tonight. Snyder and Capulo are geniuses.

That series kinda launched my interested in comics in summer last year. Eagerly awaiting End Game which is out in TPB in March, I'm months waiting on it.
    It's been a very enjoyable series

So Secret Wars is over....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Bought Southern Cross Volume 1 on a whim yesterday and really like it.

Only discovered Big Bang comics in late 2015, have been going regularly since especially with it just being a short Luas journey away from me. :)

e_e wrote: »
    Bought Southern Cross Volume 1 on a whim yesterday and really like it.

Only discovered Big Bang comics in late 2015, have been going regularly since especially with it just being a short Luas journey away from me. :)

Oh to live a short luas trip away... I have to drive 20 mins or cycle 15 mins to get a luas to get there... But I still do it every week rather than cycle 10 mins into town cos it's the best place around!

In other news, thank jaysus Secret Wars is finally over. Also The Vision is currently the best marvel comic out there.

I'm also glad Secret Wars has finished, coming from an angle that I was enjoying it and looked forward to the conclusion. Overall I really, really enjoyed the book.

As for the Big Bang... I live far enough away so my visits are monthly... expensive visits mind you... :(

• Advertisement

Oh to live a short luas trip away... I have to drive 20 mins or cycle 15 mins to get a luas to get there... But I still do it every week rather than cycle 10 mins into town cos it's the best place around!

In other news, thank jaysus Secret Wars is finally over. Also The Vision is currently the best marvel comic out there.

I enjoyed Secret Wars overall, although a couple of issues were not as strong as others. The fact that it ran longer than some ongoing series was a little farcical.

I haven't read Vision but it can't possibly be the best Marvel Comic, not while Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is being published.

Advertisement