Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Laughing Goblins - Adventurers Board

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There's a regular games night about to start up in Cork, starting on the 18th in the Pavilion. Likely board games at first, but I and others intend to carve out a slice for RPGs. I think it's supposed to start at 6pm, but I could be wrong. I'm meeting with one of the organisers later, I'll edit this post with a clarification once I know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Hi all!

I'm in my late 20's and looking for a mature group in the Dundalk or Louth area.

I'm a relative newcomer, I've played a few games of D&D (3.5) but I'm interested in playing almost anything.

Drop me a pm or something if there are any groups about who don't mind a little ol' newbie.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CptBuckaroo

Hi I'm a newcomer to roleplaying games like dungeons and dragons, or call of cthulhu, and i'm wondering if in one is interested in starting a group in the letterkenny, donegal area, i'm 24 years old although most of my experience comes mainly from online PbP games as I find it incredibly difficult to find people in donegal that is really interested in tabletop rpgs, i have a large collection of modules and campaign setting books that haven't got much use (mainly because i generally collected them because of interest) I have around 18 books, but i have never actually played the game tabletop, because dungeons and dragons is a rarity, if not a virtual impossibility to find people interested in a game in donegal (mostly populated by gaa fanatics) so if anyone is interested in starting a game in the donegal area or even a club or society, then pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibur

hey there CptBuckaroo, I'm originally from Gweedore but i played alot of D&D in Letterkenny. The group i play with is full so i can't really help you there. I'd say your best bet is to go down to the college and try to get in contact with the gaming society there. that how we first got together. If you have any trouble with find contact details for the Gs let me know and i'll ask a friend of mine that goes there if he can get it and i'll pass it along. But I won't get to chat with for a week or two as he is gone on holidays. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CptBuckaroo

thanks! thats actually a great help! wasn't even sure there was a gaming society in the college, where would i go to ask in the college about finding games? i only live a walk away from the college might head there tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibur

Hey sorry for the late response. The best way would be to go to the upstairs of the An Danlann Building "where the basket ball court and gym is". and asking there for a contact in the Gs. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HanDragon

Hi
    I’m looking for players for the Dragon Age tabletop rpg in Dublin city. It’s a dark fantasy world and the campaign is a military one. Think Call of Duty meets lord of the rings.
    I’ve GM’d shadowrun and Scion: Hero.

If you are interested please email me

newintown109@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TanKoL

Hey everyone,

New on the forum here, but quite a veteran when it comes to RPG (am 29, started at about 12), I played a crap-load of different games (low/high-fantasy med fan, space-op, grimdark, inquirys, monster-bashing ...) and enjoy most types as soon as it's quite laid-back and not too serious

I'm French and came to Ireland 6 months ago, been lacking some RPG-fix since then (had a few with colleagues, but not on a regular basis)

Living in Dublin 24 - Citywest, got a car and I'm fine with driving a bit around :)

If you got any questions, please PM me / email me, as usual
    Hope to get an answer !

Matthieu Parmentier
    matthieu_parmentier@yahoo.fr

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Hey one and all,

I am a Cork city based gamer mad to get my roleplaying fix but it has been a while. I have played most systems by now and even ran a Savage worlds campaign for two years. I looking for either an existing game but would be happy to start one up and I am not particular about the system, Savage worlds would the system I am most familiar with but I am only too happy to learn a new system. My idea for a venue would be the Hub bar on Anglesea street, its is very quiet sometimes I have seen only five people in there and they have been very accommodating when comes to boardgames etc.

I am free most evenings except for every second weekend. So if you're looking for a game or an extra player give us a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you're looking for people, there's a regular gaming night started up not long ago in the Pavillion on Mondays if I recall. Often a few gamers spend their Sunday in the Franciscan Well with a board game or two (should be half a dozen there right now, actually). Loosely affiliated with UCC's gaming society, most of the folks involved used to be students there or can't make their thursday night meetings any more. Good chance you might be able to find a game or some players through any of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Thanks for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 portose_sharpe

hello all

looking for a D&D Dublin Based Group.

i am 27 and being playing D&D for 14+ years.

i have played advanced, and 3rd edition rules

i am currently playing 3.5 but seeking a new group.

i can travel within reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

hello all

looking for a D&D Dublin Based Group.

i am 27 and being playing D&D for 14+ years.

i have played advanced, and 3rd edition rules

i am currently playing 3.5 but seeking a new group.

i can travel within reason.

Not EXACTLY what your looking for, but have you heard of Pathfinder? Its essentially (and known as) DnD 3.75, its very similar to 3.5 with some "fixes".

Anyway, not a regular group as such, but if your looking for a fix then there is an international organised play for the game known as Pathfinder Society (or PFS). You can build a PFS character and take them to games run by different people and playing with different people and still have them level up and all, as long as the games are sanctioned PFS scenarios. These are mostly run at conventions, and occassionally at random meet ups.

Anyway, there is a meet up of a few PFS gamers this saturday in Gamers World in Dublin. You can either bring your own character (Check out the PFS Pathfinder site for rules) or if you want to just pop along there will be a number of pre-gens ready for people to play with.

Link to google event description:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cf543tkeii78pqblr87727vlg4s#events/cf543tkeii78pqblr87727vlg4s

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tathlyn

Hi,
    Im looking for a group in Athlone area. I am experienced player but i haven't play for years (mostly because ive moved to Ireland nearly 9 years ago).
    I don't mind the system, prefer fantasy though (warhammer, ad&d).
    I'm 35 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

The Hughes Inn RPG Group is starting a new Warhammer FRP game (2nd Edition) on Monday evenings from 7.30pm. The 1st session is character generation this coming Monday (June 17th) and we have places for an additional 2-3 players. First-timers to experienced players welcome.

Hughes Inn is on Chancery Lane, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DermotMcL

TanKoL wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

New on the forum here, but quite a veteran when it comes to RPG (am 29, started at about 12), I played a crap-load of different games (low/high-fantasy med fan, space-op, grimdark, inquirys, monster-bashing ...) and enjoy most types as soon as it's quite laid-back and not too serious

I'm French and came to Ireland 6 months ago, been lacking some RPG-fix since then (had a few with colleagues, but not on a regular basis)

Living in Dublin 24 - Citywest, got a car and I'm fine with driving a bit around :)

If you got any questions, please PM me / email me, as usual
    Hope to get an answer !

Matthieu Parmentier
    matthieu_parmentier@yahoo.fr
    Hi,39 yo rpg player looking for decent fun game to join..Naas here
    ..prefer high fantasy ...been away from the game for years but can travel a little

• Registered Users Posts: 3 baelion

Hi again everyone.
    I've been living in Tramore for almost 7 months now and I've still yet to roll some dice.
    Is there anyone anywhere near Waterford who's still gaming, or have I really fallen into a black hole here?

If there's no games to join, would anyone be interested if I tried to set up something hereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Raythian

Hi All,

Are there any RPG groups in the Drogheda/Bettystown area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nighthaven

Looking for role playing game community in cork who accept somebody who english is not his first language.

Thanks by advance if interrested !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Croaker

There are rpgs organised by the Cork Action League every second week in the Franciscan Well, you can find them on Facebook. Also my friends and I regularly play rpgs, we are currently playing a campaign of Descent 2nd edition and are always looking for new players for rpgs. Our group contains one guy from the Basque country and a South African so English not being your first language is no problem. Pm me if you would be interested in a game some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

baelion wrote: »
    Hi again everyone.
    I've been living in Tramore for almost 7 months now and I've still yet to roll some dice.
    Is there anyone anywhere near Waterford who's still gaming, or have I really fallen into a black hole here?

If there's no games to join, would anyone be interested if I tried to set up something hereabouts?

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordWargaming

The only club anywhere close to an RPG club from what I've seen in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Skylianblitz

Hey guys and gals,

I am looking to join a D&D (4e) group in Galway, preferably not too far east (as I come from connemara). I am kinda new to the whole thing and I find it a bit hard to find like minded people locally to do something like this. Would love to hear from a gaming group or some folks looking for another body for the table.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hatdylan

Hey all. I'm looking for a table-top gaming group in Galway.
    Im in my 20's, pretty new to this and am quite lost as to where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Skylianblitz

Hi Hatdylan,

I am an avid table-top player and have a large collection of games so if you do find a group, give me a shout I have 2-3 others who would be interested in joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I'd be interested myself. It seems we might have enough here to form a group, or at least discuss the idea further amongst ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hatdylan

I am most defiantly in, I'd love to help build a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lollaleeloo

Hey there,
    I just moved to Cork a few weeks ago and I'm looking for people interested in RPGs (dnd, pathfinder, the world of darkness, etc).
    I am also looking for board/card game players, as both my bf and I enjoy playing them and would love to have gaming evenings :)

PM me if interested ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mook Entreri

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a table top group to join in the Dublin area. I in my mid 20's and I'm relatively new to table top gaming, but I am pretty solid on my AD&D rules. Let me know if any of you are looking for a new player.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Aaronogrady

Hey there,
    I just moved to Cork a few weeks ago and I'm looking for people interested in RPGs (dnd, pathfinder, the world of darkness, etc).
    I am also looking for board/card game players, as both my bf and I enjoy playing them and would love to have gaming evenings :)

PM me if interested ^^

Although I'm new to DnD and still learning the basics I would love to get involved in playing more. Would need help at start though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement