Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Laughing Goblins - Adventurers Board

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

Custom house rules designed to discriminate against specific players/races/armies but not against others

Non democratic approach to things.

Not using standardised rules but picking and choosing when and where it suits them with particular notice to offical Q&A // FAQ's similar to the first one.

Essentially if you learn to play warhammer there it will be their own version of the rules not the actual ones that are used in a tournament.

Additionally warhammer and other GW games are not RPGS so prolly shouldn't be in this section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gaelcon

Cassidy's Games Club (IGA)
    Cassidy's Bar, Westmoreland Street
    Thursdays 7pm
    Anything and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Models Inc. - 65 Upper Dorset St, Dublin 1, Ireland - Phone : +353 (0) 87 9299392 - Email : martin@modelsinc.ie
    Late night Gaming on Weds and Friday with competions running most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DJ-70

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any AD&D players, or peeps with interest in playing, in the west of Ireland.

I am from the Ballina region, and am looking for a group to join or to start up a group.

Anyone interested let me know!

Dirk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

does anyone have any interest.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

Are there any roleplayers in Limerick City looking for a game? I moved here last August and haven't played in all that time and the shakes are setting in. I'm quite happy to run a game from D&D 3.5 - Kingdoms of Kalamar, Pendragon 5th ed. or Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd ed. Better yet, we could play a scenario of each and see which is preferred and go from there. Otherwise, I'm happy to play in a game as well, though playing or GMing, I put an emphasis on ROLEplaying over ROLLplaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Does anyone know of any groups in the Swords/Skerries/Malahide area. I'm in Lusk, and the nearest group I'm aware of is in Drogheda, which is too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 colt25

looking for a group in the bray to cabinteely region players aged 15-18

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cannonball

There's bound to be a club or society in UL. Don't know if they'll let you play though.
    I'd be interested in some Warhammer role play or fantasy battle. I haven't played in years though. I work in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

cannonball wrote: »
    There's bound to be a club or society in UL. Don't know if they'll let you play though.
    I'd be interested in some Warhammer role play or fantasy battle. I haven't played in years though. I work in Limerick.

No luck with UL. I was looking to run a Kingdoms of Kalamar D&D 3.5 game but I could do WFRP. I'm waiting for The Thousand Thrones campaign to be sent to me and I have The Paths of The Damned. The latter seems to be designed to get d20 players involved in Warhammer Roleplay but then the new edition is much more geared to combat than was the old. It's still fairly good though and there are some excellent source books available, though they are a little too American in style for my taste. PM me about getting together to see what gaming we could do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 WeekOldPencil

Any paper and pencil rpgs around cork city - fermoy - mitchelstown area?
    I am seasoned (well, 26, so not too bad) player and occasional DM. Started with Warhammer, then D&D, Call of Cthulu, Shadowrun and Cyberpunk. And MTG of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Curtisin

Looking for a Gaming Group in Cork:

I'm a 28 year old guy, who's moved to Cork from Denmark a few months, as part of a relocation as I got a new job. Reasonably mature, I fancy myself as a decent/good player.

I've played (and play) Call of Cthulhu, Dungeons and Dragons (looking forward to the upcoming 4th edition), Shadowrun, SLA Industries and too many other games to be mentioned.

Best Regards. (You can either use a Private Message or contact me here: stoneandfist (at) yahoo.dk )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ezra

Hi there,
    I am 31, and I'm looking for an older/more mature roleplaying group.
    My days of hack 'n slash munchkin playing are long gone.

Played lots, interested in playing almost anything. (Distinct preference to Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, DnD or Serenity)
    I live in Portmarnock, work in Dun Laoghaire, and I am prepared to travel.
    Please PM me, or mail me at Ezra_travelling @ yahoo . co . uk

Thanks.
    Ez

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Hi all,

Me and a friend of mine would be interested in joining an RPG group in Cork. I note that a few other people in the Cork area are also looking to join a group. We're thinking mostly of D&D (3rd ed). We're also fairly amateur so an experienced player would be appreciated.

Anyone who's interested, please send me a PM and we may be able to set up a group here in Cork - or join an existing one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chefted

Hello all,

Just moved to Longford and wondering if there are any gaming groups around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Right just to kick things off.

Are there any groups active in the drogheda area ? Or anyone interested in giving setting up one a go ?

Mostly looking for fellow old gits, who are old enough to remember playing the old red box.

I'm not too far away (did you get my pm?) or anyone else in Louth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tyrannis

Hey people,

I'm looking for some gamers in Donegal. I'm looking to get into a LARP but can't find anyone around.

Cheers,
    Tyrannis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cathalgarvey

Cork: The Rebel Alliance - Monday gaming, starting from 8th September in the Newport Lounge at 7pm.

RPGs, LARPs, Wargames, Cardgames and whatever else takes your fancy! Bring stuff along and share with friends.
    No memberships required; it's a community event for Cork Gaming, aiming to bring together our large but disparate population of Gamers.

Also join in online:
    Web forum for Cork Gaming: Rebel Alliance
    Bebo Group for Cork Gaming: Rebel Alliance
    Facebook Group for Cork Gaming: Rebel Alliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thepa

Looking for a game in Cork, have some experience but haven't played anything in a while. Willing to play whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 fingermouse_irl

Does anyone know if there are any clubs in Waterford City for relative newbies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moltonel

Hi there, looking for a group in Kilkenny. I'm 29 and have played mainly Shadowrun and D&D, along with many others. I'm open for any pen&paper or larp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 psytek

Hi!

I'm Roby , from Italy , 31m and I'm looking for master in Dublin, to play every monday in Seomra Spraoi. Also other day could be arranged.

about Seomra

seomraspraoi.org

keep in touch
    Roby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

They have a web site http://www.skynet.ie/~ulgsoc/joomla/index.php but that's about as much as I know - a few years ago (early 00s) I remember they (along with all societies) were all but banned from letting non-UL people participate... Not sure what the story is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bobacino

Wednesday Nights, Dublin City Centre

2 Gamers wanted.

We cycle the GMs, so everyone gets a turn.

Games: Mutants & Masterminds, Cthulhu (Delta Green), Spirit of the Century, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Dark Heresy, InSpectres, World of Darkness, D&D (Occasionally), Cyberpunk, Castle Falkenstein, etc.

I'm starting an introduction campaign to Dark Heresy in a few of weeks. Even if you're just available for a month of Wednesdays, you could give that a shot. No experience necessary.

We're all jovial and elderly, and we like a certain kind of gamer. You know the type we mean. The kind that don't mind if the dice aren't rolled, the free formers, the indie experimenters, Those Who Have Been Around the Block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sgt diabolicals

Hi all,
    Tuesday nights, Dublin city centre 7.30 kick off(sorry you will have to sky+ Eastenders). If enough interest I will gladly run a group. I havent DM'ed or played in a couple of years but have kept fairly up to date with the rules and stuff. I'm not looking for gung-ho power gamers, just people looking to have a laugh and enjoy the game.All levels of experience welcome whether you have none or you hold an M.A. in roleplaying.
    Contact me for more info
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bobacino

bobacino wrote: »
    Wednesday Nights, Dublin City Centre

2 Gamers wanted.

We cycle the GMs, so everyone gets a turn.

To get in touch, email crazpzany ~-at~ hotmail ~dot~ com.

Or add 'bobacino' to your Skype contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

Does anyone know if there are any clubs in Waterford City for relative newbies?

Finger mouse if you're looking for a good group in Waterford City to help you get some experience of gaming and to take you to a few conventions send me a PM. There used to be a good group attached to WIT called WITless gamers. They let anyone join in the fun but I think the last committee sort of sank the project. There are a dedicated bunch of old timers who would be glad to help you get involved in the hobby.
    So send me a PM if you're still interested and I'll check in with the gang to see where the gaming is being done these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BlankRandom

Yeah, I know it's a longshot, but any chance of a game in or around Mullingar?

I'm one of those old warhorses mentioned earlier, old enough to remember red and blue boxes from TSR, as well as Gamma World, Top Secret, and Marvel Super-heroes. Played a lot of games over the years, right up until moving to Westmeath ten years ago. Since then, not so much.

I've got most of the old World of Darkness corebooks (missed out on Wraith), and some other odds and ends gathering dust here. Happy to play or run just about anything, but I may need a crash course first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Siegfried

I'm moving to dublin soon (about two months), and i wanna know if there is a RPG GROUP, that likes to play RPGs like GURPS, D&D, VAMPIRE, LOTR.......

For a long time a play these systems with my friends, i would like to know if there is a group that do the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Me and a friend are looking for something in Dublin. I play Vampire the Masquerade and she plays Shadowrun. Would love to get a game of either of the two if anyone can point us in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement