Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Laughing Goblins - Adventurers Board

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

Looking for a group to join for a game of 4th edition D&D. Living & working in Dublin close to the city centre and would greatly appriciate an invitation to a new or established game (even just to see the mechanics of the game played out). Limited experiance with the D&D but dabbled with other RPGs & miniatures in the past & extremely keen!

Look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

Hi All,

Late 20's Irish male seeks an RPG group for long walks on the beach ;)

I'm pretty much a beginner, having only played 3 single adventure sessions (pathfinder, D&D 4th ed and WOD). Some info about me:

Living in North Dublin
    Working close to city centre.
    Have car will travel (at least a reasonable distance anyway!)
    Just escaped college after 8 years a few months ago.
    Would ideally like to join a regular group for a game one of the nights of Mon-Thursday as I tend to have to visit family a lot during the weekends.

I'd really appreciate any group that would be willing to take me on, and please PM me if you want any more info or to get to know me a bit better. Also if anyone wants to give me any advice on where to look for a group or anything I would appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smartcard

I'm in the Same boat as Perrin2040

Over the last 2 months I've played two sessions of a house ruled version of AD&D 2e, it's great craic but only a semi regular game i.e. not frequent enough for me because I'm now completely hooked.

Ideally I'd like to play Pathfinder Society but I'll go for a regular Pathfinder or 4e game. I have rule books for them all.... in PDF format, thanks internet ;-) I'd like to join a weekly or fortnightly game, any regular frequent game really. I'd prefer weekends but I can certainly manage weekday nights.

I'm 33, Irish, male. I live and work in South Dublin. I also drive and can travel pretty much anywhere in Ireland over the weekend but not too far on the weeknights (greater Dublin area North/South is fine).

Again any group ok with a complete newbie player, I'd appreciate an invite and welcome PMs for more info.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chrisgood

hi

am based in the limerick area and am at present looking at trying to start up a new chapter of camarilla larp in limerick.

anyone experienced in gming and available please get in touch. players also required before a venue can be sorted, the more the better.

aswell as this if interest is high, will be looking at doing other larps as well as tabletop gaming and perhaps ccg

many thanks

chris

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ogre Mage

any galway based d&d groups open to a new member? inexperienced with tabletop d&d but really eager to do it. i love the atmosphere of tabletops and got interested in d&d by bg2 and nwn. im in galway city and can drive if its near enough. i have a character idea that might be fun. would play any class role that was wanted in group ofc (with a few erroneous assumptions carried over from nwn lol). im quite relaxed and friendly in person, and wont interrupt gameplay if you can find room for me :) **edit** or any similar game to tabletop d&d.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Best bet is to pop along to FanSci in NUI Galway of a Wednesday evening in the acoustic room in Aras na Mac Leinn. They'll have ties to most of the non-student gaming groups around the city, of which there are actually a fair few. Or they might bring you into one of their games. Either way, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ogre Mage

thanks for the info sarky

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

There are currently 2 groups meeting on a Wednesday night in Hughes Bar on Chancery Street, Dublin. One group is playing Cthulhu the other D&D 4th Ed. The two groups organised through this thread and a number of other people have expressed an interest in joining groups. Currently the 2 groups are finishing their games/scenarios and then we intend to mix the groups up again and play some other system for a while. Many of the players are new to RPGs so the option was taken to run 2 groups on small scenarios to give people tasters of different systems, and to also provide opportunities for people to play and GM without waiting too long. If you would like to register your interest in becoming part of the groups when we come to the end of the current games please send me a PM through Boards. There may be some opportunity to become part of one or other of these groups, or if there are more numbers, set up an additional group.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

Hi guys, looking for players for a D&D group in the Carrick on suir area. I have my own homebrew system plus I have all the core rule books from AD&D 1st edition up to 3.5 Not Mad on the 4th edition myself but have the beta test version of the D&Dnext (5th) edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lohengrin

Hello all,

Spanish guy mid 30's, living and working in Dublin (well working not in Dublin, but Dublinbus carries me there so is Dublin :p), searching for a RPG group. Missing so much gaming (I used to game almost every sunday). Playing since 1990, lately playing Pathfinder, Cthulhu, and some spanish games.

Be mercy with me (I even brought my dices from Spain ;))

Send me a private if you need a player :D

Due to my shifts I would surely play weekends, during the week depends on my shift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Sarky wrote: »
    Best bet is to pop along to FanSci in NUI Galway of a Wednesday evening in the acoustic room in Aras na Mac Leinn. They'll have ties to most of the non-student gaming groups around the city, of which there are actually a fair few. Or they might bring you into one of their games. Either way, right?

Would they still be around during the summer months?

Some of them, yes. I think they've taken to a weekly night in one of the pubs lately, I'll see if I can get an update...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Salubri

Hey all,

We're a long established game group in Dublin running a wide variety of RPGs over the years (Shadowrun, D&D various eds, Cthulhu, Traveller, Warhammer FRPG, d20 Modern, "other").

We've recently had a decline in numbers due to other commitments and we're looking to recruit fresh new meat players to join in and see how we all fit together with a view to hopefully becoming a permanent part of the group. (Any player also welcome to suggest own campaign also - we're flexible that way and generally have 1 or 2 different campaigns running in parallel).

We're gender indifferent (mixed already) and like new players just as much as old hands!

We currently game Thursday nights in city center (quiet corner of a nice pub - beers are optional).

PM for more info and a couple of quick questions to make sure you're not a serial killer (or at least - you're a fun serial killer).

Cheers!
    Salubri

Sarky wrote: »
    Some of them, yes. I think they've taken to a weekly night in one of the pubs lately, I'll see if I can get an update...

Being mostly a student society numbers are naturally down over the summer (I'm told "enough for a board game or two"), but there are still meetings on Wednesdays around 6:30 in the Hub, the café in the Student Centre next to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thyronn

Hi there!

Any group with space for a Brazilian guy. I'm used to play D&D, Trail of Cthulhu, Shotgun Diaries and a lot of Boardgames. My only problem is my english, that is not advanced, I can understand everything but I will probably roleplay as a Orc with Int 8.

I curently live in Dublin 8.

Send me a private if you need a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Linkmaster

Got a beginner group looking for a DM/GM. PM me if you can. We're situated in Dublin, can meet in the city centre/Northside preferably

There are a group of 11 players in 2 groups that meet regularly, every Wed from 7.30pm in Hughes Bar on Chancery Lane (the Four Courts LUAS stop is 5oft away). We are in the process of starting new games in the next few weeks and new members would be welcome, from beginners to those more experienced. Games played so far are Cthulhu, D&D4ED, Traveller and there are plans to run World of Darkness, Warhammer RPG 1st Ed and more D&D/Cthulhu. If you fancy staying in touch with us or getting some more info check out our Google Group (Hughes Inn RPG) or just pop down on a Wednesday evening and say hello. All Welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

Hey folks,

any groups looking for a new member? I prefer D&D, its what Ive mostly played (from 2nd ed and up) but don't mind the system. I have been gaming for 20 odd years (Im 31), mostly DMing, but the group of friends I used to roll with have drifted apart the last few years.
    I live in Laois but am happy to drive up to Dublin West (ish)

if anyone is willing to give me a try send me a PM and we will chat about it

Hey Bob Bob... there is a sizable group that meets on Wednesday evenings in Hughes Bar (Chancery Lane) on the red Luas line near the Four Courts stop. We usually assemble from 7pm onwards and at the moment there are 2 games running and a third about to commence. The best thing you could do if you are interested is call down and meet some of the good folks there and see if it tickles your fancy... hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JayGatz

Hi all, just wondering if there's any tabletop groups out there that wouldn't mind a new member? I'm a relative noob to actually playing tabletop RPGs but I have a pretty good grasp of the concepts from years of being a closet nerd. Feel free to PM me if so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Where u based ?

Where u based ?

Dublin city, good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Allanimal

JayGatz wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if there's any tabletop groups out there that wouldn't mind a new member? I'm a relative noob to actually playing tabletop RPGs but I have a pretty good grasp of the concepts from years of being a closet nerd. Feel free to PM me if so!

Hi Jay,

There is a group that meets every wednesday at 7pm at Hughes' Pub on Chancery St. (Near Four Courts Luas Stop). There are currently a couple games going on, D&D 4.0. World of Darkness, and something else I don't remember at the moment.

Feel free to stop by and join in if you like.

Allan

Allanimal wrote: »
    Hi Jay,

There is a group that meets every wednesday at 7pm at Hughes' Pub on Chancery St. (Near Four Courts Luas Stop). There are currently a couple games going on, D&D 4.0. World of Darkness, and something else I don't remember at the moment.

Feel free to stop by and join in if you like.

Allan

Hi Allan, thanks for the invite, that sounds like precisely what I'm looking for.

I may not be able to come for a couple weeks, though (final year college Christmas exams coming up). Hope that's ok. Also, should I just show up and introduce myself? Would I be interrupting already-running games?

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 baelion

Hi everyone.

I'm moving over to Ireland at the end of the year, and I'll be living in the Waterford area.

Are there any games or groups going on I can reasonably travel to?
    I have a ton of experience with D&D, oWoD, L5R, Dresden Files and other FATE games, and I'm fine learning new systems as long as the game is FUN!

Can anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibur

any groups looking for a new member? I prefer D&D, its what I've mostly played (from 2nd ed and up) but don't mind learning a new game as long as its fun. I have been gaming for 15 odd years (I'm 33), but the group of friends I used to roll with live in Donegal.
    I live in the Gorey area. If anyone knows of any could you pm me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Domenkidu

Tibur wrote: »
    any groups looking for a new member? I prefer D&D, its what I've mostly played (from 2nd ed and up) but don't mind learning a new game as long as its fun. I have been gaming for 15 odd years (I'm 33), but the group of friends I used to roll with live in Donegal.
    I live in the Gorey area. If anyone knows of any could you pm me please.

I'm looking to get a Pathfinder group (pathfinder is sort of an evolution of D and D 3rd and 3.5 edition that separated off from WOTC via the Open Gaming license before 4th Edition came into being) together and am based in the Ferns area, do feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd be interested providing I can get some more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Looking for a group in Clonmel area, anywhere within reasonable travel distance... say... 25km. Have never played any board game but have played lots of computer RPGs so I am open to any game. Don't hesitate to PM me if anybody interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Anything in Kildare/New bridge at all? Drop me a PM if so...

I'm quite happy to play or GM. My main influences are WFRP2e, Vampire and indie stuff.

Ta'

• Advertisement

The Hughes RPG Group is meeting tonight (Wednesday 6th Feb) from 7pm - 10pm to agree new games. All are welcome to come along, from experienced gamers to newcomers. We've been running several games over the last year and we meet every Wednesday in Hughes Bar on Chancery Lane. Pop along if interested. Hope to see some new faces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement