Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug experiences

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does he have me on ignore or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

probably mordeth. either that or got the blinkers on.

my girlfriend is addicted to cheese. she loves the stuff, and can't go a day without. if she eats enough of it it could eventuially clog her arteries and kill her. should it be illegal?

she could eat so much she wouldn't be able to get through doors to work, so she'd have to sit at home and eat more cheese. she wouldn't be a useful member of society either.

MUST BAN CHEESE! for the sake of the children dammit.

incidentally, nobody said anything about the pils and sex thing. any experiences.

any chance at all of getting back on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

vibe, I'm told it was a "dedly buzz" :p, but alot of people seem to have trouble getting it up when they're on pills.

hehe. nice one.

i'm very much of the opinion that people who know nothing about drugs really should keep their very limited opinions to themselves until they get to know a bit about the true effects of drugs rather than repeating what they read in the tabloids.

i'd liken it to the pope telling people how when and where they can have sex. sorry mate, but you don't play the game, so you don't make the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

this is not a thread intended for flaming or starting an argument for the last time!

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

Originally posted by Mordeth
    does he have me on ignore or something?

Who, me? You last post didnt warrant a reply, you didnt ask anything, or add anything, so I didnt reply?

because you just said it was incorrect..
    it was incorrect?

wow
    that's a hell of a super power you've got there, sure beats my ability to open any jamjar found in kitchens all over Ireland

opium can be physically addictive... potatoes and marijuana can not. mental addictions *what you seem to be against* are an entirely personal thing, do you also want to ban computer games as I know a few people who I could say are addicted to them... they're a menace.

do you think computer games are a menace?

Originally posted by vibe666
    probably mordeth. either that or got the blinkers on.

my girlfriend is addicted to cheese. she loves the stuff, and can't go a day without. if she eats enough of it it could eventuially clog her arteries and kill her. should it be illegal?

she could eat so much she wouldn't be able to get through doors to work, so she'd have to sit at home and eat more cheese. she wouldn't be a useful member of society either.

MUST BAN CHEESE! for the sake of the children dammit.

incidentally, nobody said anything about the pils and sex thing. any experiences.

any chance at all of getting back on topic?

Hmmm.. you are being facetious. You are comparing cheese to drugs. Tell your girlfriend to switch to low fat, much better for her cholesterol. Dairy products really arent natural for human consumption at all. Interesting that you have asked to get back on topic, and yet your post about cheese is as far a diversion away from topic as possible. Once again, the drugs dont work kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

yes of course you have. at 22 you're calling people 'kid'. yeah you must have done loads
    we're talking about maturity here!
    and it's not childish to try and enforce your argument by picking apart my spelling?
    If your'e gonna appear like your'e serious about debating about ectasy, you could at least spell it properly.
    i'm very much of the opinion that people who know nothing about drugs really should keep their very limited opinions to themselves until they get to know a bit about the true effects of drugs rather than repeating what they read in the tabloids.
    I don't have to read tabliods,Iv'e seen the f*cking e heads with their jaws going 90 miles an hour, chewing the inside of their mouth, staring around the place like f*cking muppets, making t*ssers out of themselves (from seeing people I know)!!
    i'd liken it to the pope telling people how when and where they can have sex. sorry mate, but you don't play the game, so you don't make the rules.
    So basically your'e saying that I have to have tried e and coke to argue about this? If I want to argue about the ill effects of heroin, do I have to try that aswell?:rolleyes:

Anway I wasn't looking for an arguement, I said that I was stating my opinion, and he had to lash back with ignorance.

Sorry senior fudge, His posts from now on will be ignored.

Anyway Iv'e heard many different stories of hallucinations, one person who talked to me was staring at a tree, and saw dead bodies hanging from them, swaying in the wind. A few people I knew, used to go tripping and go through this forest at night, seeing all matter of things. The fact that the place was pitch dark added to the excitement of it.

Their was a propaganda myth going around that a couple of teens went and took lsd. They started staring at the sun, and eventually went blind.

Also their was a story about a guy transporting a jar of liquid lsd through the desert when stopped by the police. When asked what was in the jar, he replied simply as water. Being that it's the desert, the cop drank a huge proportion of the stuff, and then just stood their staring at the sun. The guy simply shrugged and drove on. LOL

• Advertisement

Originally posted by vibe666
    hehe. nice one.

I'm of the opinion that people who havent properly read my posts on this thread shouldnt make ridiculous and untrue statements regarding my character and experience. Read back.. did lots of drugs.. all ****e.

do you think computer games are a menace?

No, not at all.. why would I? You're not now going to try to link drugs and computer games in some loose tenuous way are you? Maybe championship manager.. or civilisation3... maybe... nah. Not even those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Originally posted by Wolfie
    As I mentioned in my post, the direction that was being taken by the thread was that people were defending only so called soft drugs. I was speaking of all drugs. I reiterated that in the post you quite, however, you still refer back to the fact that the thread isnt discussing hard drugs.

Yes, that was exactly my point, people are talking about softer penalties for soft drugs, but you are talking about all drugs.
    Congratulations muffen, you have found the answer to the drugs question!

Thanks!
    Scientists have carried out psychological, social and biological studies for many years, but you have solved it.

Seriously man, this is what I said: Here's a few reasons I can think of.
    Did I say: "here's the answer"??
    NO! I said, that those were a few reasons I could think of. ..
    I think you'll find that the larger proportion of drug addicts are from the lower socio-economic classes.

So, to follow your sarcasm example, moviestars, musicians and stockbrokers hardly use any drugs at all.. right?
    Wow, I dont know where you got that from. I certainly didnt imply anything remotely along those lines in my post.

This is from your post:
    Why is there more hard drug use in Dublin than there is in Clare? There's more drug information rolled out in schools etc. in this county.

.. so to me it still seems like that was EXACTLY what you said!
    If you are referring to my statements that people glorifying drugs ... blah blah blah

No, I was referring to the quote above.
    Russia has more alcoholics per capita than Italy.. in both countries alcohol is legal. So what? There are many other factors to be considered ... blah blah blah

Yes, there are many factors to consider, and I asume you've sat down at thought it through completly, taking every factor into account before making up your well informed decision to be against every single drug that is illegal, right?
    I mean, you know all the necessary information about EVERY SINGLE ILLEGAL drug... right?
    Yes, of course. But dont rule out that fact that so-called softer drugs are very often stepping stones on the merry path of throwing away your life.

... and alcohol is a steppingstone to softer drugs (although IMHO it's way worse than many softdrugs), so following that logic, alcohol should be illegal.
    Is it solely the fact that the dealer sells other drugs that encourages the user to try harder drugs?.

ofcourse not.. I never said that or implied that it was only one reason... I thought that went without saying, but I guess I failed to realize what audience I had.
    Of course he is pro-drug. He takes drugs, he believes that there is no harm in taking drugs responsibly.. blah blah blah..

I think I very clearly stated that he might be pro-drug... but that wasn't his point in that particular post I was quoting. No point to go on a huge rant.
    Ridiculous pro-choice arguments which completely fail to take into account the larger implications and consequences of actions in society.

That's a ridiculous anti-drug statement that fails to see the bigger picture and take into account all the larger implications and consequences of action in society.
    No, that would be a completely selfish world. How horrible a notion.

You must be f***king kidding me. You think that the world would be selfish and worse if people tried to be happier?
    You, who lives in Ireland, the country with the largest usage of anti-depressants in the EU zone, think that the idea of people trying to make themselves happier is a horrible notion?
    OMFG ... man ... the world would be soooo much better if people would stop caring about people they don't know (in the "neighbour looking over the fence" type of way), and instead focused on making their own life better.
    Someone who sits around smoking blow all day being stoned outta their bin is not a productive member of society.

Let's see...
    Someone who drinks alcohol all day isn't productive, so following that logic, alcohol should be illegal.

Someone who **** all day instead of doing something useful isn't productive, so following that logic, **** should be illegal.

Someone who sits in a chair and looks at a TV screen all day isn't productive, so following that logic, TV should be illegal.

Do you not realized that a person who doesn't want to do anything... won't do anything. Doing something excessively will ALWAYS end bad... I mean, if you shower excessively its bad...

So, the drugs that I agree are bad are the ones that screw you up in a way that cannot be fixed in a few hours after the rush .. if you don't smoke too much, you'll be fine 4 - 5 hours later... just like you'll be fine 4 - 5 hours after having 5 or so pints...
    And if you think that cannabis doesnt make you unable to function, you obviously werent smoking the stuff I was, or maybe not as much. ;)

Well, I lived outside Amsterdam for just under 4 years, so I think that I've tried some really strong stuff.. but yes, I didn't smoke that much ... because I knew it wasn't good for me in excessive amounts... just like most resonable people understand that it isn't good for them in excessive amounts.

Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't mean that everyone will have a bad experience. Let people smoke if they want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Talking about drugs, take a look at the stuff that's inside chocolate: http://www.chocolate.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Here's a link about people having different drug experiences with lsd and mushies, aswell as less know stuff like morning glory seeds and nutmeg.----*click*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MoosemaN

Wolfie,

Can you please post a link to a scientific reports that states that Cannabis will cause long lasting brain damage?

I know smoking any kind of plant material is not good for you as it could cause cancer, but it is my choice to smoke moderate levels of Cannabis.

It has been proven that cannabis decres you short term memory (very slight) when you use cannabis, but this dissapears after the user stops using cannabis.

Here you have a link to indeapth analys of the Swedish Drug Policy

http://www.cedro-uva.org/lib/boekhout.swedish.html
    At first sight there exists in Sweden a very large consensus on the correctness
    of the drug policy that is applied. Opinion polls show the restrictive
    policy is supported by a large majority of the people. Moreover, most
    people believe it is because of the restrictive drug policy that Sweden has a
    relatively small drug problem. There is, however, an exception in the sense
    that scientists, especially criminologists, do have serious doubts about the
    price to be paid in the name of a drug-free society. But the position of critics
    is precarious, as it comes down to questioning the ways in which the
    drug-free society is being pursued. Questioning this can be sufficient to be
    labelled a drug liberal, which in the public debate, means one has lost one’s
    credibility. In essence, this situation is very black and white: “if you’re not
    with us, you’re against us”.
    In the light of the increase of both experimental drug use and the increase
    in heroin use, it seems that the traditional drug-scare messages no
    longer have the desired effect. In the light of increased mondialisation and
    exposure to other cultural trends, by which young people especially are
    influenced, this comes as no surprise. One can see the latter confirmed by
    the fact that with regard to alcohol, other, more European consumption
    patterns are already developing. In the light of these developments, it is
    inevitable the drug prevention material and the drug policy at large will be
    changed into a more realistic format that is more suitable to tackle the
    drug problems that are currently arising.

Newscientist report
    http://www.newscientist.com/hottopics/marijuana/

Amerikanska Institute of Medicine
    http://books.nap.edu/html/marimed/

okey dokey, so lets stop the abuse and get back on topic shall we.

i promise to play nice if everyone else will.

if you really want to argue about the legal and moral aspects of drug taking then start another thread.

i'm just as guilty of turning this into a flame war as anyone else so if i can stop and be good surely everyone else can too.

so lets play nice, eh kids. ;)

OK, fair enough. It has veered well off topic, and I can debate against all of you forever, and be correct in my arguments, but ultimately it will be unproductive. A waste of my time, since druggies dont seem to follow conventional logic (Note: I cant post a link to back this up, I'm solely going on my research from this thread).

PS - Mooseman, I appreciate the research and links you have provided (thanks for the last link, it was quite interesting), but if I respond to them, then the thread will continue on its tangent, so I think I will just bow out, and let people talk about acting like idiots while not in control of their mental functions. Thats the thread topic.

Muffen, you have typed a lot, but your logic is flawed in many places in your post, and you need to go back over the contexts of what you have quoted.

Anyway, its unproductive, this debate. I dont particularly enjoy continuing a debate once I have irrefutably proved my correctness. :)

So, anyway, drug experiences... Glorify.

I.. don't like him

are you a fundamentalist christian wolfie?

I.. don't like him

are you a fundamentalist christian wolfie?

No, not even sure I can class myself as a Christian.. still struggling with the whole existence of God thing.. I'd like to think that some intelligence had a hand in creating this universe and that its not all just born from chaos.. but its something I'm not sure about. Havent delved deeply into my spiritual side at all. You dont have to like my views, but you surely cannot say that you dont like me as a person? Lots of people on boards seem to not like me, when they are arguing against me. I stick to my guns and am ruthless in presenting my side of the debate - to the point of seeming arrogant. But I'm not an arrogant person at all.

• Advertisement

no, it's not that you stick to your guns and are ruthless in your arguments. it's that you're arguments are tired and old, have been argued to death and beaten to the dust many many times now and you seem to lack any sort of skill at all in logical reasoning.

you jump from claim to claim, refuse to produce a link or somethnig to back up your claims. you are arguing on such a massive issue, and you claim to have a perfect understanding because of what's happened to you and your friends?

I've nothing against anyone who doesn't do drugs, I've nothing against anyone who doesn't like drugs but I'm just sick of arguing with people who don't know what they are talking about, and refuse to educate themselves.

no, it's not that you stick to your guns and are ruthless in your arguments. it's that you're arguments are tired and old, have been argued to death and beaten to the dust many many times now and you seem to lack any sort of skill at all in logical reasoning.

you jump from claim to claim, refuse to produce a link or somethnig to back up your claims. you are arguing on such a massive issue, and you claim to have a perfect understanding because of what's happened to you and your friends?

I've nothing against anyone who doesn't do drugs, I've nothing against anyone who doesn't like drugs but I'm just sick of arguing with people who don't know what they are talking about, and refuse to educate themselves.

Well, I was finished with this thread. But I cant accept that "I lack any sort of skill in logical reasoning", or that my arguments have been beaten to the dust. Look back over this thread. None of my arguments have been beaten into the dust. You are making wild claims and assumptions. You once again claim that I dont know what I am talking about. What do you base this assumption on? Presumably the same things you base the fact that I have a complete lack of logical reasoning? Mordeth, you have made me chuckle heartily by putting up that ridiculous post.

I dont provide links in many cases because it is a laborious process. But, what links/points would you like me to prove, and I will oblige in this circumstance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I dont provide links in many cases because it is a laborious process.

Yeah I find providing back up to an argument extremely laborious too! I mean seriously, what's the point! :D

Originally posted by Kone
    Yeah I find providing back up to an argument extremely laborious too! I mean seriously, what's the point! :D

Myself and Mooseman are the only two to post links to back up our arguments. What have you contributed? What has your post contributed? People in glass houses, shouldnt throw stones.

cool, so back on subject then.

in my tenerife days we'd always get an extra line of coke to put on a cigarette. we'd pull out half the filter so all the good (:confused:) stuff wasn't filtered out, we the edge where the paper is stuck and roll it over the line and just share it between 3 or 4 people.

it kinda counters the initial high from the snorted line with a euphoric semi Pot/E high which still has the coke buzz too. works very well with the normal coke buzz to prolong it for a while longer, but I'm pretty certain that there's a lot of nastiness going into your lungs with it.

i had a very good friend over there (he was originally from mexico, but he'd lived there since he was 10) who had a cousin come over to visit from bolivia who bought some almost uncut (he reckoned 85-90% pure, compared to street coke which is 20-35% pure depending where you get it) coke fresh from the cocoa fields and while he was telling me about it he did me the fartiest little line you've seen in your life for me. i kinda looked at hime funny, but he told me to wait till i'd tried it. well, i did, and the only comparison i can make is to the scene in Blow where the guy just stands there and says 'I can't feel my face!'. completely caught me by surprise as it was literally just like that. he did the thing with the cigaratte (very popular with the canarians) and after one drag i could hardly stand. amazing stuff, and the worst bit was i was completely sober, so i knew it was all down to that tiny little bit of stuff, and he'd asked me not to tell anyone cos he was 'popular' like that, and didn't have any to go around. i spent the next 30 minutes poking my face waiting to get the feeling back. amazing stuff.

anyone else tried the cigarette thing?

btw, the usual disclaimers about not trying this at home apply, and everyone being responsible for their own actions, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by Kone

Hash over here is of a very very poor quality, don't smoke it unless you like the taste of burnt plastic or henna!

Don't Smoke Soap!

Just for you Wolfie

:D

See, us stoners can contribute too! and it seems we're not as lazy as you'd think, we can actually provide links too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MoosemaN

Kone,

Please include me in the Stoner section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

theres a mouse at my door that says if I dont let him in hes going to break my legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

No, not even sure I can class myself as a Christian.. still struggling with the whole existence of God thing.. I'd like to think that some intelligence had a hand in creating this universe and that its not all just born from chaos.. but its something I'm not sure about. Havent delved deeply into my spiritual side at all. You dont have to like my views, but you surely cannot say that you dont like me as a person? Lots of people on boards seem to not like me, when they are arguing against me. I stick to my guns and am ruthless in presenting my side of the debate - to the point of seeming arrogant. But I'm not an arrogant person at all.

Heavy stuff man, rock on <no smilie to fit the moment>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Lads, I'm racked with guilt.

Firstly, there was the day when I gave blood and then promptly got pissed on the free wine at the IT soc AGM.

Then there was the time I smelled some marijuana smoke coming out from under the door of my flatmate's bedroom.

Somebody please absolve me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement