Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug experiences

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Originally posted by Wolfie
    The only reason so many people are defending drug taking here, is because they themselves are users/addicts who may not be physically addicted, but are perhaps psychologically addicted, and want to deny the truth down to the ground. A form of denial, just like smokers have a denial that smoking is bad for your health. When you mix a bit of ****ty hash with the cigarette then it makes it good for your health? I dont think so.
    im not addicted, i dont plan on taking drugs for the rest of my life and i wouldnt advise anyone to do that, im just saying that prolonged use and abuse will cause the bad side effects that your talking about but if you take it easy youll be fine and i wasnt taking the piss out of ya about the tictacs im just saying you might have got a bad pill theyre very rare these days but still do happen.
    Think of the people reading this thread that are now thinking that drug taking is acceptable, or that they themselves can have 'whacky' experiences. Sure half you people are claiming there is *nothing* wrong with drug taking... Irresponsible.
    i didnt say that everyone should take them i said it is up to you and before you go popping pills like mad just do a bit of research in to it and decide yourself some people shouldnt take drugs some people will find them enjoyable im not saying its cool you make your own decisions i dont make em for ya neither does anyone else who talked about their good experiences

not everyone thinks drug taking is acceptable, but some do

and the medical issues isnt the only danger being caught with posession of any class A drug is a crime and can be punishable with up to 7 years in prison and getting caught supplying up to life in prison. think about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Originally posted by avatar
    when I was about 14 i smoked dope a few times... I think I'm allergic, 'cause one time I got my friend's joint by mistake, and he laced it 3 ways from sunday (probably 5 times more dope than i ever had). Not only did I pull a massive whitey, I puked my guts out and then I fell asleep on my mates shoulder while we were watching LOTR (don't ask me why we were watching lotr stoned. it seemed like a good idea at the time.) basically, that put me off, though other people can do what they want.

the hash over here is usually heavily contaminated. most drugs are cut with various hazardous chemicals or supposedly benign fillers. all the more reason to legalise them. when prohibition was in force in the US one of the main reasons for it to be lifted was people went on to use other drugs instead, also the illegal alcohol was laced with methanol and other industrial alcohols. so young people in prohibition time probably were saying the same thing, i tried that alcohol stuff once and got sick everywhere, never again. when in fact they were drinking paint stripper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Well said Rubadub,

Hash over here is of a very very poor quality, don't smoke it unless you like the taste of burnt plastic or henna!

Don't Smoke Soap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 attica2k

about 2 weeks ago one of my non hash smoking friend came over to my house and we had a few cans....i acccquired the making of a few joints the weekend before, i skined up a few j's for myself that i procceded to smoke, however with afew cans in my mate she wanted to try it, so i let her, and she really liked it ( even thugh she didn't think she was stoned but strangly couldn't stop laughing for some unknown reason) anyways she went to the toilet, and seemed to be taking a long time,i wasn't too sure if i was just stoned or she was in there for about 20 mins, just as i was getting off my ass to see if she was ok she came into the room pale faced and flustered.....she had just spent the last 20 mins in the toilet getting sick and did so for the next 10 mins, the poor girl didn't know where she was.... she promised never again (WHICH IS PROBALLY FOR THE BEST)

i felt terrible afterwards

Just goes to show dont mix bulmers, chinese food and hash!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I blame the bulmers not the hash tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 attica2k

ya i know it ws probally the bulmers it is the worst thing to drink when smoking for the cause of whitties!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Used to drink bulmers when I was a wee underage drinker, can't touch it any more, really hard on the stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MoosemaN

I have read the whole thread now, *phew*.

There seems to be some sensible people in here.

The only question that needs to be answered is; why should you decide what I can and cannot do with my life, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else?

I have been smoking Weed and Hashish for the last 4 years; I take breaks now and then to clean my system. I have a very respectable job and a fair bit of money (doesn't make me a better person), the point is that I can still smoke and live my life. I am not an addict as I can do pauses for 2-3 weeks without any side effects.

It is all a struggle against boredom; some people watch TV everyday, from they get home until they go to sleep (a drug itself). I like to smoke pot now and then and be a bit creative.

It is my choice, so bugger off.

Done LSD, Shroomz, 2c-e, Salvia 10x (do a lot of research on this one), E and Alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

it is my choice too

What's the saliva like? Is it stronger than regular hash/grass? got two sample joints of www.wellcoolstuff.com .

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MoosemaN
    I have read the whole thread now, *phew*.

There seems to be some sensible people in here.

The only question that needs to be answered is; why should you decide what I can and cannot do with my life, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else?

Hear, hear!

I completely agree MoosemaN!

HEY K.ORIORDAN

Salvia has to be respected, it's not like cannabis at all!

Read about it on erowid and then try a 5X or 10X extract.

Also on WCS they are now selling Kratom extract, which is legal and gives a very nice feeling, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are also quite interesting (a little harsh on the tummy though!)

DISCLAIMER: No I do not work for WCS! :D

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    What's the saliva like? Is it stronger than regular hash/grass? got two sample joints of www.wellcoolstuff.com .

I recommend a lot of research before you try salvia on and meet the Salvia queen... a baby sitter is highly recommended (who has done salvia before).

It the strongest psychedelic drug out there if used correctly. I do not know if we should go in to details on how to use it here on boards.ie. PM me if you have some questions.

Kone, should we get together for a psychedelic experience :D;)

is that Salvia stuff definately legal in ireland are u sure?
    anyone order off this site before

I've ordered from many different sites and never had a problem.

Salvia is 100% legal, it is known as Diviners Sage and has been used for centuries.

As MoosemaN said it is a powerful psychadelic when used properly.

If you want to try it, be careful, know what you are doing and most importantly have a sitter!

MoosemaN I am always up for a psychedelic experience! :D

/Kone

kewl
    what does it come up as on ur credit card bill though

i think ill order some stuff!
    thanks lads

Kone,

I am just awaiting the summer and the sun. Flying in the sun is the way to go :) Just say when and I'll be there

Last drug experience (excluding smoking cannabis), was Moon Emotions. Lovely little club, havent found any other clubs like it here in Ireland.

Senor_Fudge,
    Just want to emphasize; do your research before you decide to use Salvia, it is not to be played with.

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

Originally posted by Delerium
    consumption of E did lead to major depression in my case and my immune system took a hammering, and I have seen far worse things happen to other people.
    At the time that I started taking it however, there were no links to Parkinson's and no proof of significant brain damage. Now I do think twice about taking it because I know the risks, and please don't say that the people who are defending drug taking are psychologically addicted and are denying the truth - most people know the truth but are willing to take the risk.

Those that know the risks and are prepared to take the risk .. are they natural risk takers, or are they more akin to the children who eat their bar of chocolate now, rather than wait an hour for 2 bars of chocolate... Hard to speculate on this, however, I suspect a large proportion are the latter. The recreational use of E for you (and many other people I know myself) caused you to suffer with deppression, and each tab you are taking makes it harder and harder for you to be naturally happy (ref. serotonin). Also, I'm sure that to some level most people are psychologically addicted to the feeling that the drugs give them - otherwise why spend their money on them? I'm also sure that not everyone is this way inclined.
    Life is all about risks - and yes, people do so some stupid things, smoking being one of the best examples. I personally have never smoked, because the risks were too high for me. But the health risks of doing acid were far lower in my opinion, and I can safely say that I never had any negative effects on my health from doing it. (But others have)

I've recently quit smoking (started smoking joints before cigs, when the joints werent available, went onto the ciggies btw), and gained an insight into the trap of addiction. The main addictiveness in smoking is not actually physical, it is psychological.. and the brain craves the substance so much that you actually fool yourself into thinking in ways to continue to use the substance (eg.. its not the smokes causing my terrible chest problems, its smog.. there's no conclusive proof that smoking causes cancer.. people who dont smoke get cancer.. etc.etc. rubbish). The health risks of doing acid were lower? Tell that to the guy I knew who ended up in a psychiatric hospital after taking acid. Tell that to people who may have developed paranoia, mania or schizophrenia due to using it. Acid can totally mess up your mind, thats a very serious risk in my book.
    I won't say that there is nothing wrong with drug taking - I just think that people are entitled to make up their own minds about what risks they are willing to take. I'm really glad I did drugs because it opened up my previously narrow mind and gave me a load of confidence, and those were the best years of my life.
    But yes, one day I might end up with Parkinson's and regret every bit of it. Same way as half the population will regret lighting up their first cigarette when they are lying in the cancer ward.

At the end of the day, people are gonna do drugs anyway. And yeah, it probably is stupid. But at least with forums like these, people can hear both sides of the story and hopefully make an informed decision.

People are going to do drugs, I know, I was a dabbler, and I know why people do them. Also, forums which promote serious discussion and debate on any issue are a very good thing. The problem I have here is that this thread is all about what drug experiences you have had... and was followed up with tales of mind bending but funny experiences, told in a light hearted way. Thats not the whole story, there are many more negative experiences you can have, which is why people generally think drugs are a bad idea. I simply put that side out in the thread. I respect your right to do what you want to your own body, as long as it doesnt interfere with me, or anyone else. However, the money your spend on drugs goes to criminals, and your (hopefully not going to happen, but possibly) failing health will mean that you require hospitalisation. I dont like to see bad things happen to people. And its important that you mention the reality check that cancer patients in the ward get, because when you experience the reality check that your own mortality may be approaching, or that your brain is forever and irrevocably messed up due to a few moments pleasure, you realise that living is the only important thing - trust me on that.

Look at the recent posts on this thread, people are completely advocating drug use now, and offering to instruct non-drug-abusers on methods to take the drugs. I believe thats called drug-pushing? Jesus.

Originally posted by Catsmokinpot
    im not addicted, i dont plan on taking drugs for the rest of my life and i wouldnt advise anyone to do that, im just saying that prolonged use and abuse will cause the bad side effects that your talking about but if you take it easy youll be fine and i wasnt taking the piss out of ya about the tictacs im just saying you might have got a bad pill theyre very rare these days but still do happen.

Yeah, I know about the tic-tacs thing dont worry, I'm not proud of taking anything anyway (would have been better if they were tic tacs!). But, I have to pull you up on your post here. You say you are not addicted? You'll give them up someday? What day? Today, tomorrow? No, thought not... think about that, and try to understand what psychological addiction is.
    i didnt say that everyone should take them i said it is up to you and before you go popping pills like mad just do a bit of research in to it and decide yourself some people shouldnt take drugs some people will find them enjoyable im not saying its cool you make your own decisions i dont make em for ya neither does anyone else who talked about their good experiences

No, you didnt say everyone should take them, and you sound like a decent, intelligent chap. But when others start talking about having good drug experiences, then indirectly they are influencing 'newbies' to try 'em out. Which could seriously mess up newbies' life.
    not everyone thinks drug taking is acceptable, but some do

Yes, and some think fox-hunting, fur, paedophilia and killing people are acceptable. Some. But the general consensus of a civilised society is that some things are just not acceptable, and they dont choose these things just to mess up peoples fun. Think about it people. Hear what I'm saying and think about it, without resistance, impartially make a decision without reading my reasons while simultaneously coming up with counter arguments. Absorb knowlege not narcotics! :)

Jesus *is* my only drug! **JOKE!** ;)

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Yes out of all the posters here, I happened to be referring to you. Get over yourself, I was talking about Mercury_Tilt. Your points are perfectly fine and constructive to the thread I just chose to disagree with them. Mercury_Tilt just posts "stop discussing ****, you're all gay". That's what I mean by ****ing up the thread.

Oh, apologies then. My mistake.. I'm used to everyone hating me on boards! you see, you get all paranoid and everything! :D

i know ive done some research on salvia today and it seems to be really potent definately the kind of thing ud need to do some research on but im confused do you
    smoke it or eat it to get a bigger high?

• Advertisement

I've recently quit smoking (started smoking joints before cigs, when the joints werent available, went onto the ciggies btw), and gained an insight into the trap of addiction. The main addictiveness in smoking is not actually physical, it is psychological.. and the brain craves the substance so much that you actually fool yourself into thinking in ways to continue to use the substance (eg.. its not the smokes causing my terrible chest problems, its smog.. there's no conclusive proof that smoking causes cancer.. people who dont smoke get cancer.. etc.etc. rubbish).

Comicly enough when I was giving up my addiction to sugar (yes it is possible if you're genetically prone, I was one of the have the bar of chocolate now kids :) ), I told myself at one point that there was hardly any sugar in a double-chocolate muffin :D

By the way solution to low serotonin - have a normal meal with protein, 3 hours later have a carbohydrate snack with no protein, repeat a further two times in a day. The carbohydrate snack produces an insulin response which causes your muscles to take in large protein molecules leaving trpytophan free to enter your brain to produce serotonin.
    As good as an anti-depressant without the side-effects :)

Wolfie, wrote
    Look at the recent posts on this thread, people are completely advocating drug use now, and offering to instruct non-drug-abusers on methods to take the drugs. I believe thats called drug-pushing? Jesus.

So what do u think is the best; ignore that people really do use drugs OR properly inform them on how to use it and minimize any complication it could potentially cause?

Look at Holland compared to Sweden; Sweden has one of the most restricted drug politics in Europe. Why then does Sweden have more heavy drug users than Holland?

In Holland they have realized that people are going to take drugs. For example outside certain dance clubs they have testing centres for E. If a person goes in there and test his/hers E then the police will not take him/her in to custody.

Senor_Fudge, wrote
    i know ive done some research on salvia today and it seems to be really potent definately the kind of thing ud need to do some research on but im confused do you
    smoke it or eat it to get a bigger high?

This proves that you have not done enough research
    :)

ive read up on it now thanks ^_^

Right on! :)

People are going to make their own choices anyway so why not inform them, let people know the pros and cons (or ups and downs) of drug use

Oh and Senor_Fudge, when you order from Wellcoolstuff the payment just comes up as Wellcoolstuff on your bill. Nice and Vague ;)

/Kone

PS: Does anyone else thinks it's funny that we are arguing the rights and wrongs of drug use when there is a banner ad in the right hand corner advertising 'Boards Beers'?

I just cannot, believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on TV all day long, followed by, "This Bud's for you."
    I got news for you, folks. A-1, alcohol is a drug, and B-2, and here's the real one, alcohol kills more people than crack, coke and heroin ... combined each year. You know what, if I was going to have a drug be legal, it would not be alcohol, you know why? There's better drugs and better drugs for you.
    That's a fact, so you can stop your internal dialogue.
    Wait a minute, alcohol is an accepted form of social interaction which for thousands of years has been the norm under which human beings have congregated in the form of social events and... Shut the **** up.
    Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

Pot is a better drug than alcohol - fact, and I'll prove it.
    You're at a concert, someone's really violent, aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot? Drunk!
    The one and only correct answer, tell them what they've won, Johnny. I have never seen people on pot get in a fight because it is ****ing impossible!

"Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" End of argument.

Say you get in a car accident, and you've been smoking pot. You're only going four miles an hour. Vroom... CRASH. ****, we hit something. Forgot to open the garage door, man. We got to get the garage door open so Domino's knows we're home!

RIP Bill

Yeah, I know about the tic-tacs thing dont worry, I'm not proud of taking anything anyway (would have been better if they were tic tacs!). But, I have to pull you up on your post here. You say you are not addicted? You'll give them up someday? What day? Today, tomorrow? No, thought not... think about that, and try to understand what psychological addiction is.
    dude how can you say someone is an addict if you know nothing about them? i dont take pills every day, i dont even take them every week but i do take them, i dont take them to enjoy an occasion i dont take them to hide from my problems i take them to enhance experiences i know what psychological addiction is, its not a physical addiction you just like the experience so much you get attached to it and i am not
    No, you didnt say everyone should take them, and you sound like a decent, intelligent chap. But when others start talking about having good drug experiences, then indirectly they are influencing 'newbies' to try 'em out. Which could seriously mess up newbies' life.
    i know what you mean but i was a "newbie" aswell sometimes you have to be thrown in the deep end or else youll never learn to swim. i know it might sound a bit harsh but you can only look out for so long then they are on their own
    Yes, and some think fox-hunting, fur, paedophilia and killing people are acceptable. Some. But the general consensus of a civilised society is that some things are just not acceptable, and they dont choose these things just to mess up peoples fun. Think about it people. Hear what I'm saying and think about it, without resistance, impartially make a decision without reading my reasons while simultaneously coming up with counter arguments. Absorb knowlege not narcotics! :)

Jesus *is* my only drug! **JOKE!** ;)

again i know but im not harming anything other than myself(if even) i dont feel violent i dont feel anger i dont feel hate, im able to feel all of those things when im drunk as an egit and thats legal, think about it i see your point and take it in but it just doesnt make sence

some people granted will **** up and will go crazy on drugs but most of them will have their fill, and give up.

drugs dont just jump down your throat, drug dealers dont force you to take drugs they offer them, they dont say take the Fúcking drugs, they say "hey you want some drugs?" i dont push or deal in drugs, im just giving you my perspective on the issue,
    i dont see them as much harm, dont think everyone should take them, i dont think that people should go mental on them, IMHO take it slow, take it easy, and realise that non addictive drugs, have no hold on you, you dont have to take them to feel like a real person, you dont have to take them to enjoy an occasion, your not cool on drugs, your not the king of the world. its just a very enjoyable experience. savour it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Originally posted by yellum
    So who made Mercury_Tilt ?

Mercury_Tilt's parents you fool you....see kids, stay drug free, & give ur drugs to me.......... for free.... WOOOHOOOOOO!!!! LOL

If you ask me - ANY chemical substance which AFFECTs your moods is only going to amplify what's already there psychologically...... Have tried hash/grass a few times - got NADA from it - apart from some funky stuff called 'Purple' while I was stateside...

Speed was like being awake for over 24 hours & being loaded with caffiene.....waste of time

Pills - boring.....

Basically my own reasons for trying were curiosity.....after I discovered all they did was make some drug dealing asshole richer & leave me with virtually no real buzz it really put me off them..... each to his own tho..... ur life, ur cash, ur a$$ on the line - have fun!!!

Originally posted by Kone

I just cannot, believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on TV all day long, followed by, "This Bud's for you."
    I got news for you, folks. A-1, alcohol is a drug, and B-2, and here's the real one, alcohol kills more people than crack, coke and heroin ... combined each year. You know what, if I was going to have a drug be legal, it would not be alcohol, you know why? There's better drugs and better drugs for you.
    That's a fact, so you can stop your internal dialogue.

I've heard this argument many times, and its false. The reason why alcohol causes more problems/deaths is because it is so much more widespread than drugs. Thats why statistically more problems are caused by alcohol. Do you think if heroin or crack were made legal, and the same number of people took them as take alcohol, that things would be better? No, of course not. Ergo (not ergot), illegal drugs are *NOT* better than alcohol. I agree, however, that grass/hash are not as harmful to society as drinking alcohol, but smoking is very harmful to health, and theres the gateway aspect for many people.
    Originally posted by Kone
    Say you get in a car accident, and you've been smoking pot. You're only going four miles an hour. Vroom... CRASH. ****, we hit something. Forgot to open the garage door, man. We got to get the garage door open so Domino's knows we're home!

RIP Bill

Driving while stoned or under illegal substances is highly irresponsible - as bad as drink driving. You could kill someone on the road, because you're too stoned to react properly - so why you bring that up, or throw it ad hoc into your argument, I dont understand. Lay off the cones man!

dude how can you say someone is an addict if you know nothing about them? i dont take pills every day, i dont even take them every week but i do take them, i dont take them to enjoy an occasion i dont take them to hide from my problems i take them to enhance experiences i know what psychological addiction is, its not a physical addiction you just like the experience so much you get attached to it and i am not

I admit, that I cannot say that you are addicted, without knowing you, but I only have what you type here to go on. And when you said that you dont plan on being on drugs forever, that is exactly what the addicted person says. Its classic. I wont smoke/drink forever, I'll give it up someday... etc. If you are not addicted, then could you go for a year without doing it? If you could, then why dont you? You may say to yourself that you could, but then your addicted brain kicks in and fools you, and says "I can give up anytime, but I wont give up because why should i, its not harming anyone, and I enjoy it.. why stop doing something I enjoy. Its like giving up eating my favourite food".. and so on. Addicted brain controls your thoughts.
    again i know but im not harming anything other than myself(if even) i dont feel violent i dont feel anger i dont feel hate, im able to feel all of those things when im drunk as an egit and thats legal, think about it i see your point and take it in but it just doesnt make sence

some people granted will **** up and will go crazy on drugs but most of them will have their fill, and give up. [/B]

It seems like this debate is going in a different direction - whereby people think I'm attacking only grass/hash. Thats not the case. I started out speaking against all drugs. So, people can get violent and angry when on drugs, they are more likely to get violent and angry on certain drugs, but I never classed all drugs the same. Smoking grass is not as bad as smoking/injecting heroin. All drugs have their negative side. You cant compare alcohol and how people react (I know alcohol causes a lot of crime and trouble.. its not a nice drug) to heroin or crack. They cause massive harm to people and to society in general. There is a good case for legalising grass, I accept that, and I accept that it may go some way to stopping it from being a gateway drug (ie. people dont have to go to a drug dealer to get it). I'm unsure on the legalising grass argument anyway, as if we could go back a few hundred years and known what we had known, would we have legalised tobacco? Well, I dont think we should have, and for that reason (as tobacco is mixed with cannabis/weed in joints) we probably should not legalise it, and cause people to continue smoking.

• Advertisement

Driving while stoned or under illegal substances is highly irresponsible - as bad as drink driving. You could kill someone on the road, because you're too stoned to react properly - so why you bring that up, or throw it ad hoc into your argument, I dont understand. Lay off the cones man!

It's not as much a problem though. Smoking hash gives you a sense of limitations, you know you're stoned and you know you won't be able to drive properly. If you do decide to drive then you're just an idiot anyway regardless of the hash. Alchohol on the other hand makes you feel more confident and you think you're fine to drive when you're not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement