Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Very shinny very nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

levitronix wrote: »
    Very shinny very nice:D

It's since lost the stupidly slack chain. After trying them out, those handlebars are beautiful, if anyone's looking for bullbars, I'd seriously recommend them. Nitto RB-021s, they have them on HubJob for cheap enough. Might get some bar end levers just to do them justice...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you want a bar end lever I have a spare one cheap (50% CRC pair price is good for me.)

I am unsure about bullhorns without aerobars, still getting used to the position.

blorg wrote: »
    If you want a bar end lever I have a spare one cheap (50% CRC pair price is good for me.)

I am unsure about bullhorns without aerobars, still getting used to the position.

A single one? Was thinking of ditching the back brake soon anyway...What type is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

damn beat me too it i wanna sell mine to. mines a oval a700

• Advertisement

Golfanatic wrote: »
    damn beat me too it i wanna sell mine to. mines a oval a700

I'm looking for a silver one anyway, sorry :)

Yes a single one, posted on the other thread I think. black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

28c4b6ea6638fb03c3e01ceaf5fc0e42.jpg

is it worth restoring? thinking of customizing it, dont mind putting in the work/time but would I get a nice price if it was fixed up like new with a nice custom paintjob?

internat hub gears seem to be working, 26inch rims need replacing, front hub has a dynamo built in and the large lamp still works well! light up on the first spin of the wheel, its been stored in a barn for at least 30 years

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

28c4b6ea6638fb03c3e01ceaf5fc0e42.jpg

is it worth restoring? thinking of customizing it, dont mind putting in the work/time but would I get a nice price if it was fixed up like new with a nice custom paintjob?

Zebra stripes would look great on the one on the left.

internat hub gears seem to be working, 26inch rims need replacing, front hub has a dynamo built in and the large lamp still works well! light up on the first spin of the wheel, its been stored in a barn for at least 30 years
    You won't make money on it, do it if you want the bike for yourself. Someone posted up a similarly framed ladies Dawes they had fixed and powder coated in a Bianchi Celeste type colour, it turned out a lovely bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

26inch rims need replacing,

I recently restored a Gazelle Dutch bike almost identical to that bike. the rims were rusted but wire wool and WD40 sorted most of it out. However the re-enforcing 'fold' for strenght on the inside of the rim was rusted through on the bottom where the water had collected inside the tyre. Anyhow I could not get a rim anywhere for it. I Tried every bike shop in Cork and one guy got onto some agent who said they simply were not being made any more.
    They will give you a 'modern' 26" steel rim but it's bigger and you would also then need to re-spoke.
    I ended up tigging a slim stainless plate into the rim which worked fine.
    I don't think you'd make much money on it but good luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

cool, well I dont really want to make money, I just dont want to lose money! want to create something beautiful. one idea for the paint job was was an off white/cream base with purple polka dots, or maybe 3 diff color dots. gonna keep it simple, maybe 16inch 40h chrome wheels,single gear drivechain, everything polished up nicely. will try source as much NOS as I can on ebay, doesnt matter if it takes months to finish.

currently Im working on a 70's raleigh racer fixie project, its gonna be an unpainted polished steel finish, maybe some pattern over it, sticking with original size 27 1/4 wheels, tho not sure if I'll convert BB to cotterless

Ill tell my brother about the stripes, he might get more money if he can sell it on to the zoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

So here she is, hand built today by Mr Skeff.

Carbon frame, forks, seatpost and headset bought in direct from Hong Kong (and I evaded customs duties too :))
    Full Ultegra 6600 groupset bought new from CRC
    FSA K-force carbon bars
    Fulcrum 5 wheels

Stickers and decals tbc.........maybe Colnago, maybe none at all.

Thanks to bcmf for the inspiration and to mr skeff for the construction.

Maiden voyage tomorrow!! :)

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    So here she is, hand built today by Mr Skeff.

Carbon frame, forks, seatpost and headset bought in direct from Hong Kong (and I evaded customs duties too :))
    Full Ultegra 6600 groupset bought new from CRC
    FSA K-force carbon bars
    Fulcrum 5 wheels

Thanks to bcmf for the inspiration and to mr skeff for the construction.

Maiden voyage tomorrow!! :)

did you by the frame of ebay? and how much was it? if ya dont mind me askin

Golfanatic wrote: »
    did you by the frame of ebay? and how much was it? if ya dont mind me askin

Yeah, ebay special.
    Frame forks seatpost and headset came in at E280 incl delivery.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Yeah, ebay special.
    :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

abcdggs wrote: »
    :eek:

+1 :eek:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Woulda been a different story if customs intercepted them but at that price I thought it was worth the risk.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

That's great, i thought i got a deal at 300 for all the above

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭treborm

Yeah, ebay special.

That's amazing do you have a link to there EBAY shop

• Advertisement

omg the best price i could find was like 350 with just frameset

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Colnago_EPS_GEO.jpg

Put custom ones on but don't put on Colnago, it is obviously NOT a Colnago and sticking Colnago decals on would really look stupid. Like a an obvious fake, and it is a very nice looking bike that doesn't deserve it. You have some nice finishing kit on there too.

You didn't weigh the frame (and fork) by any chance? Phenomenal bargain.

To be honest I think it looks great as is, I would not stick decals on it at all. Besides anything else you won't get them under the clearcoat and so they probably wouldn't look as good as ones that are done that way.

His ebay name is bikebicycle99 but I think this might be his website?

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/index.asp

EDIT: He's got over 700 items for sale on ebay at the moment

http://shop.ebay.com/bikebicycle99/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A3%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_pgn=1

CPL 593H

:confused:

CPL 593H

Took her out for a 40k spin this morning and first impressions are very good.
    The ride is much smoother and a lot less harsh than the Bianchi.
    Seems to 'glide' forward so you get more return for the effort you're putting in.
    I flew over sections of road that used to rattle my fillings.
    The ultegra is great, very smooth and very quick.
    My stats improved too, elapsed time, average speed etc were all up.
    All good so far! :)

CPL 593H

So, anyone else going to shop with bikebicycle99?

I thought my frame might bear a passing resemblance to a Colnago CLX if it was 'stickered' up?
    Blorg has a point though, it does look nice as it is.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

So, anyone else going to shop with bikebicycle99?

I've bought bottle cages off them before I think, and so have probably a few others on here too...great value! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I've bought bottle cages off them before I think, and so have probably a few others on here too...great value! ;)

Mine became quite flexy, my seat tube one no longer holds a bottle over anything rougher than cheryl cole's backside. Great price though, and I'm pretty sure it was just the shape of mine that was the problem, will go for more closed cages next time.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ...rougher than cheryl cole's backside. Great price though, and I'm pretty sure it was just the shape of mine that was the problem ...
    The shape of your backside was the problem?:)

Advertisement