Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

el tonto wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

green _and_ red tyres?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Our only hope is that he is also a track rider and has a set of drops at home, but he just sticks the flat bars on during the week cos his friends laugh at his other stoopid bendy bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

its as sick as what they did to the shiv, how did you find the pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tulachmhor

Raam wrote: »
    Our only hope is that he is also a track rider and has a set of drops at home, but he just sticks the flat bars on during the week cos his friends laugh at his other stoopid bendy bars.

Whishful thinking I reckon.
    But yes,it would indeed be his only saving grace.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ok very bad pic of my old school yoke. Not been fixied either :)

biken.jpg

Columbus SLX frame, cinelli lugs and campag dropouts, campag hubs and rims*. Nouvo and super record derailleurs(and yea the derailleur jockey wheels match the frame colour :o:D), C record crank and seat post(and "aero" water bottle), Cinelli bar and stem and Dura Ace AX aero brakes. Saddle needs sorting though as otherwise my sex & sexuality modship is in serious danger of being revoked....

Its attempting to get me fit ATM. Its a close run battle.

*yep I realise its got waaaay too many spokes for the younger viewers. That said I've ridden it down a dirt road and a flight of steps with no worries so it has its advantages :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Wibbs wrote: »
    That said I've ridden it down a dirt road and a flight of steps with no worries so it has its advantages

Mockler will be very impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

That 'old school yoke' is beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Did you always have the aero callipers on her Wibbs? Don't remember seeing them the last time I set eyes on her.

That water bottle just screams Lenor fabric conditioner to me.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Did you always have the aero callipers on her Wibbs? Don't remember seeing them the last time I set eyes on her.
    Yea, from day one. They were the only brakes that would fit properly at the time. And they're on the bump stops as it is clearance wise. I suspect the frame was built for something like the Kronos aero yokes.
    That water bottle just screams Lenor fabric conditioner to me.:D
    *has idea for making a packet on ebay* :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Looks a bit like an Orca.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Looks a bit like an Orca.

orca.jpg

It's does all right !

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

blorg wrote: »

Now thats sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Sweet Jebus and all the PowerRangers:
    BMW wrote:
    Anyone who rides this sporty speed bike through the city or takes a short tour through the countryside will immediately attract a lot of attention − at least for a few seconds. The high total gear ratio transmission delivers astonishing speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

furiousox wrote: »
    Took 7-10 days, tracking number provided so you can watch it all the way on www.ems.com and then on www.anpost.ie

After it left china did you have any updates on EMS? same tracking number for an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

mloc123 wrote: »
    After it left china did you have any updates on EMS? same tracking number for an post?

You can follow it on ems 'til it leaves China, then you sweat for 3-4 days and wait for it to appear on an post (same tracking number)
    If you see the magic words en route to customer you know you have evaded customs duties! :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Now thats sweet
    Perfect colour for collecting dust.
    Which is probably what it will do in most cases

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

I'd be as embarrassed riding that thing as I would be driving one of their cars!

that is stupid they arent going to sell any of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

tis kinda cool looking .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I also think it looks pretty cool, kit seems ok too. But put it this way, if Colnago released a car tomorrow I'd still buy a car from an established manufacturer. I bet it looks awesome on a BMW with BMW roof rack though, crusing through verdant Bavarian passes, like something out of a brochure.

Plus, comments like this on various motoring forums:
    I’d buy one just for the cool factor. Maybe then I’ll start cycling:)
    The bile & vitriol reserved for BMW's in general by the lycra brigade is rather more extreme than usual however.

Really take away from the appeal for me. Plus it would appear to be vastly overpriced, which isn't surprising.

Did I mention it would look good riding atop a BMW? Mountains? Models driving the cars, cool photography, glistening bodywork and teeth:

bmw_msport_coupe_5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

furiousox wrote: »
    You can follow it on ems 'til it leaves China, then you sweat for 3-4 days and wait for it to appear on an post (same tracking number)
    If you see the magic words en route to customer you know you have evaded customs duties! :)

"ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER" woo

mloc123 wrote: »
    "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER" woo

aha...which frame did you go for?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 savedbythebell

Ditched my 10 year old mountain bike, just got this.:)

IMG_0754x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

nice colours on that felt :)

abcdggs wrote: »
    22032010124.jpg
    FYP

WOW stealth bike! Any idea of weight? What saddle is on it?

how much was this frame? dod you get it from hongfu bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Seatstays are mad thin lookin-like cervelo.Have a pedal foce RS frame meself-rear end is the opposite-big mad beefy builders arse on it...450 dolla,no logo
    cant complain

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

trinewbie wrote: »
    The wheels are gigantex clincher rims built on novatec hubs...

Who/where did you get the wheels from? I thought all full carbon Gigantex rims were tubular.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

24594_377686259369_529364369_3875235_1686411_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Latest addition to the family..
    Colnago C40 with 9 spd Dura-Ace groupset.
    Not quite roadworthy yet but very nearly there.

CPL 593H

Advertisement