Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

I think the picture at 18mm distorts the actual drop from seat to bars. It looks more severe there than it actually is. The sloping top tube of the PX also distorts it maybe. I'm 6' 1 on a 56, probably right at the top of what's reasonable, but 58's are just too much of a stretch. I find this set up very comfortable.

IMG_2387.jpg

As it happens, I did a fitting on the bike previously and the seat was actually another 5-10mm higher, but I dropped it back down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Jesus yeah, much better in that picture. In the cosmics pic it doesn't look like you could possibly use the drops.

Lovely looking bike though
    What are the cosmics like anywho?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

those look mtb's are savage any idea how much they cost? an arm or a leg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

those look mtb's are savage any idea how much they cost? an arm or a leg ?
    They LOOK like they cost both, but may still be worth it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

fat bloke wrote: »
    Jesus yeah, much better in that picture. In the cosmics pic it doesn't look like you could possibly use the drops.

Lovely looking bike though
    What are the cosmics like anywho?

Yeah, they're nice! Probably picked a bad day today to give them a try. Some of the roads were fairly crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭mp31

ROK ON wrote: »
    Nah, given the way Central Banks are distorting the money supply,

This is completely off topic but I'm intrigued by this money supply distortion thing.. tell me more pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Plastik wrote: »

IMG_2564.jpg
    Plastik wrote: »

IMG_2387.jpg

I think it looks better with the Eastons. I must be a bit "old school" (and cheap :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I liked that planet-x the 5th time I saw it. by 6 and 7 I was a bit yeah hmm whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

193693.jpg
    193694.jpg

Some new wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

levitronix wrote: »
    193693.jpg
    193694.jpg

Some new wheels
    Very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

@Levitronix. Lovely bike. Looks a bit meaner than mine below! It'll be a case of who hasn't bought a Canyon over the Winter when the league begins on Sunday.:)

6918843713_44b9cc0313_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

@levitronix: How do you find those FFWD wheels? Lovely bike

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

@levitronix: How do you find those FFWD wheels? Lovely bike

i have a powertap hub in the rear of the fast forwards and have yet to ride them yet, have not been out on the ksyrium sl's either, will bring both sets with me for racing this weekend and make the call sunday morning

velo.2010 wrote: »
    @Levitronix. Lovely bike. Looks a bit meaner than mine below! It'll be a case of who hasn't bought a Canyon over the Winter when the league begins on Sunday.:)

6918843713_44b9cc0313_b.jpg

if had a bit of spare cash id buy another one, get the al for a winter bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

A slightly clearer image of the new (to me) race bike:

SAM_0528.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

You doing the Lacey Cup ?

levitronix wrote: »
    i have a powertap hub in the rear of the fast forwards and have yet to ride them yet, have not been out on the ksyrium sl's either, will bring both sets with me for racing this weekend and make the call sunday morning

no will do league race tomorrow, will wait till navan i like that circuit

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭treborm

Another Canyon love it.

I decided to use my new "hack" today for the club league. I tell ya, if you could fit a set of Zipps to your Ma, she's look the business. I've yet to come across a bike that couldn't be improved with a set of wheels capable of doubling its total value :)

Got a lot of compliments about it so I decided to lash up a photo. The rider was definitely the weakest link today anyway. Very flat course, so if I had maneuvered myself into contention for the sprint I might have bemoaned the compact setup but as it was it was fine, and the average speeds were well up there.

Anyway, here's a gander.

9e04a70a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Nice! now do something about them plastic bottle cages... ! :)

fat bloke wrote: »
    I decided to use my new "hack" today for the club league. I tell ya, if you could fit a set of Zipps to your Ma, she's look the business. I've yet to come across a bike that couldn't be improved with a set of wheels capable of doubling its total value :)

Got a lot of compliments about it so I decided to lash up a photo. The rider was definitely the weakest link today anyway. Very flat course, so if I had maneuvered myself into contention for the sprint I might have bemoaned the compact setup but as it was it was fine, and the average speeds were well up there.

Anyway, here's a gander.

9e04a70a.jpg

Christ, if I had a bike as good as either of these when I was a kid I'd truly have been King of the playground and parish. :)

Been looking at bikes for the two kids and was very very tempted to splash out on islabikes for them, they seem to be a good head and shoulders over anything else on offer, but then came across these two for sale on adverts. Absolutely mint condition.

A beautiful little Kona 7 speed and a little Giant XTC. They're really fabulous.

Can't wait to go shopping for little dinky road bikes for 'em :)

d189a853.jpg

a04db53f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Shítty composition but I was just grabbing the last of the light in the corner of the garden this evening. Nothing special but I'm very happy with it. Now to get some bottle cages and new light mounts.

424856_1938479079798_1777020561_927923_402297336_n.jpg
    420164_1938479759815_1777020561_927924_405541389_n.jpg
    417476_1938480399831_1777020561_927926_860819541_n.jpg
    420435_1938487520009_1777020561_927936_1706700117_n.jpg
    428011_1938484679938_1777020561_927932_1020288601_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

ED E wrote: »
    Shítty composition but I was just grabbing the last of the light in the corner of the garden this evening. Nothing special but I'm very happy with it. Now to get some bottle cages and new light mounts.

Jasus, do something about that saddle!
    (Nice little bike otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭marketty

Is that a D-Lock or aerobars??

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Seen this PX n2a on their facebook page.
    Looks good imo, what do y'all think?
    pxn2a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

marketty wrote: »
    Is that a D-Lock or aerobars??

Must be the new Kryptonite AeroLock.

Odd place to mount it, putting unnecessary weight over the steering. Why not mount it on the seat tube?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Dubba wrote: »
    Seen this PX n2a on their facebook page.
    Looks good imo, what do y'all think?

That headtube is really massive.. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    That headtube is really massive.. Haven't decided how I feel about it yet :p

It may look that way, but 150mm for a large puts it on a par with the likes of the cannondale supersix and about 10mm shorter than a tarmac SL4.

Looks can be deceiving. Go on, buy one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Looks can be deceiving. Go on, buy one!

Haha.. I think I had enough of PlanetX at this stage. The next one is going to be special :p (whenever if ever!)

Advertisement