Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Haha.. I think I had enough of PlanetX at this stage. The next one is going to be special :p (whenever if ever!)

Carbon chainrings aren't special????

I see campag EPS in your future.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 KOIZUMI

More of a vintage bike man myself.....not a beauty to everyone but it is to me;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65998647@N02/6824778987/in/photostream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Holy track bike!

DSC1753.jpg

DSC1755m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

My Cervelo P3 - soon to go on sale (without those wheels!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

My Scott Addict with Campagnolo SR Groupset. Looking to replace the Easton EC90 SLs with Bora Ultras at some stage.

• Advertisement

Really nice letape! I would remove the decals on those wheels. If you are going for boras then definetely get the dark version! What's the weight? :D

Really nice letape! I would remove the decals on those wheels. If you are going for boras then definetely get the dark version! What's the weight? :D

Thanks AstraMonti - it weights 6.2kg. I actually like the very loud decals - even the big Bora ones! I would also like some Hyperons but you seldom see them for sale used and definitely too much new!!

letape wrote: »
    Thanks AstraMonti - it weights 6.2kg. I actually like the very loud decals - even the big Bora ones! I would also like some Hyperons but you seldom see them for sale used and definitely too much new!!

Each to their own I guess when it comes down to taste :D The Hyperons are a secret desire that I have as well, but can't see that happening.

Are you sure about the 6.2kg? Not that it matters but it does sound a bit optimistic with what I am seeing on the bike (I 've become a bit obsessive lately with weighting stuff :o ).

I bought the frame new and it came with a certificate with the weight on it - must dig it up, but it was a good bit less than the listed 790grams, so I was off to a good start!

The saddle only weights 130 grams and the seat post about 170. The skewers are KCNC titanium and weigh 40 grams. The Keo blades are the titanium axle versions. Everything else is pretty standard.

I don't have a proper scales to weigh the bike, but I just stood on a scale with and without the bike and it indicates 6.3kg; so I guess you are right!

Yeap that frame is hot and light :) I am always on ebay for a good deal for an addict.. but it never comes :D (when I can afford it..)

• Advertisement

Westbrook cycles in the UK often have Scott frame at a good price; ie the previous year's model at maybe 50% of RRP.

Westbrook cycles in the UK often have Scott frame at a good price; ie the previous year's model at maybe 50% of RRP.

In stock.. in my size.. and 50% off.. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME! Selling PX Frame info inside.. lol

In stock.. in my size.. and 50% off.. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME! Selling PX Frame info inside.. lol

They're good guys AstraMonti! I have bought from them before. Tell them you know me and you'll even get free delivery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Thanks AstraMonti - it weights 6.2kg...
    So you wont be able to race in the TdeF then :D

seve65 wrote: »
    Thanks AstraMonti - it weights 6.2kg...
    So you wont be able to race in the TdeF then :D

No just l'etape!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Yeap that frame is hot and light :) I am always on ebay for a good deal for an addict.. but it never comes :D (when I can afford it..)
    Did you try the Kinetix website for ex Highroad Addicts?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Holy track bike!

^ Now that is truly a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

Just finished my bike for L'eroica (Vintage bike ride in Italy) Apologies for the multiple pics, I'm quite the proud parent :D

bike7-1.jpg?t=1330778655

bike6.jpg?t=1330778373

bike1.jpg?t=1330778726

bike5.jpg?t=1330778763

bike2.jpg?t=1330778802

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

class now thats what i call a bike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

class now thats what i call a bike ;)

+1. Class bit of work!

Any details on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

G rock wrote: »
    +1. Class bit of work!

Any details on it?

+1, details would be most interesting.

Also, no apologies needed for the multiple pics, if anything more are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

They're good guys AstraMonti! I have bought from them before. Tell them you know me and you'll even get free delivery ;)

Yeah, I'll second that, got my Addict SL frame from Westbrook - albeit when the exchange rate was a lot more favorable!
    Very helpful folks there and instant delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

happytramp wrote: »
    Just finished my bike for L'eroica (Vintage bike ride in Italy) Apologies for the multiple pics, I'm quite the proud parent :D

No apologies, more pics!!!! That's very very very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭happytramp

Gasco wrote: »
    +1, details would be most interesting.

Also, no apologies needed for the multiple pics, if anything more are required.

Thanks guys!! I originally bought the frame for a snip on ebay (€80!!) and then set about tracking down the builder. After several months of internet scouring and many hand written letters to cyclejumble organisers I found him. A Scottish fellow who wrote to me telling me that he had built that frame for an old friend, 'Andy' whose name is painted on the frame. When Andy died his family sold off his stuff and the bike past through several hands before ending up on Ebay. Unfortunately the other person bidding on the frame was the builder himself who was trying to get the frame back!! He said he didn't mind losing it though since I obviously appreciated it enough to track him down. It was one of 37 frames he had built, almost exclusively for friends and family. I then spent the last year or so getting all the components together.

Columbus SL tubing
    Wheels: Record hubs on Mavic MA2 rims
    Rear Derailleur: Nuovo Record
    Front Derailleur: Nuovo Record
    Chainset: Stronglight 106 (Record copy)
    Brakes: Record
    Levers: Super Record
    Shifters: Super Record
    Bars: Cinelli Campione del Mondo
    Stem: Cinelli 1A
    Seatpost: San Marco
    Headset: Tange something or other (still looking for a campagnolo one)

Finished off with some skinwall tires, a recovered Turbo saddle and some swanky Brooks bar tape that my girlfriend gave me, it weighs in at an acceptable 10kg, rides like a dream and will hopefully take me over the WW200 and beyond :)

It's stunning happytramp! enjoy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

happytramp wrote: »

Happytramp that is an absolute beaut :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

Thanks for the info Happytramp, and the back story is great. From memory the l'eorica requires a pre '87 frame - is that the original paintwork? It is in amazing condition for a 25 yr old frame, a bargain indeed.

A stunning bike, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Great story, great bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

wow that was some detective work on that bike fair play to you .
    i have my Raleigh 753 back on the road another hand made masterpiece still as good as the day it was made.
    but the blunder i made i gave away all the original gear and put modern gear on her,:mad: ah well still a lovely bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

A real labour of love. Smashing bike, great story, congrats.

Advertisement