Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My new bike. Still getting used to the new position. First proper cycling I have got to do in 3 months...and it shows!

191215.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

A giant? And shimano? I am disappointed in you sir.

Just kidding, lovely bike, enjoy the Aussie summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

is it just me, or does something not look quite right with that bike (like the fact its stuck to the roof)

nice bike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    A giant? And shimano? I am disappointed in you sir.

Just kidding, lovely bike, enjoy the Aussie summer :)

I know, I feel dirty. Also, 3 months off and I am pretty useless at clipping in to road pedals now...argh! On the bright side, I cross this twice a day on my commute, never gets old:

191217.jpg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I know, I feel dirty. Also, 3 months off and I am pretty useless at clipping in to road pedals now...argh! On the bright side, I cross this twice a day on my commute, never gets old:

ok, so now im guessing your in Australia, and my previous post looks stupid. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I simply meant the bikes ability hugely exceeds my own ability as a "cyclist" if I can even consider myself that. Bike is a stunner love it.

Not in any club but will be doing a few charity runs this year so we will see how they go, I may look to joining somewhere after that who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Just watch out for this guy:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/warne-blasts-cyclists-on-twittershane-warne-clashes-with-cyclist-on-way-home-from-training-session/story-fn7x8me2-1226246735306

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Bikes are crazy expensive in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    I simply meant the bikes ability hugely exceeds my own ability as a "cyclist" if I can even consider myself that. Bike is a stunner love it.
    I know exactly what you're saying, I think the same about mine (I got mine a year ago now) but it is beautiful and comfortable and I wouldn't change it. Anyway mine is white if you see me around, and there are a few club colours now, and I saw a white red one in the club too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Looks nice Dave, Whacha putting on it?

Love my SL3

All the stuff that I have unbolted from this:

2011-02-21%252021.24.43.jpg

The frame in the pic is up on eBay atmo. The annual 'flip' is underway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

My new bike. Still getting used to the new position. First proper cycling I have got to do in 3 months...and it shows!

191215.JPG

Just change out the Fosters for a nice cold pair of VB's and you're onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭TurloughT

Just back from a trip to New York. When in Brooklyn I came across what looked like a fairly nondescript bike shop.

It turned out to be R&A Cycles.
    An amazing place - treasure trove.

Here's a Dogma with Campy EPS. $16k and it would have been mine :rolleyes:

6830157201_fe9c083473_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

TurloughT wrote: »
    Here's a Dogma with Campy EPS. $16k and it would have been mine :rolleyes:

Here it is with close-ups.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PRODUCT&OPTION=LOAD_PRODUCT_BY_ID&PRODUCT.ID=10732&MODE=

Here she is again. 6.38kgs, I was hoping for less.. but it was starting to turn to stupid money per gram after this.

191639.jpg

Bigger size pic.

I 'll post some more photos later.

any spec astramonti?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 P D

PaddyiPhoneJan20121510.jpgPaddyiPhoneJan20121510.jpg
    dave2pvd wrote: »
    All the stuff that I have unbolted from this:

2011-02-21%252021.24.43.jpg

The frame in the pic is up on eBay atmo. The annual 'flip' is underway.

These SL kitchen photos are becoming v common ! Havnt ridden this yet plus need to throw on deep sections

PaddyiPhoneJan20121510.jpg

lennymc wrote: »
    any spec astramonti?

Here is the full build list.

PlanetX Nanolight HM Frame
    PlanetX Nanolight HM Fork
    Campagnolo headset
    Tune gumgum expander and cap
    Ritchey WCS 4Axis Matrix Carbon 31.8 Stem 120mm
    FSA K-Force light 31.8 44cm
    Omniracer Seatpost 31.6x350
    Campag SR11 crankset
    Campag SR11 FD
    Campag SR11 RD
    Campag SR11 Shifters
    Campag Record11 chain
    Campag SR BSA BB cups
    Campag SR 12-27
    Fibre-Lyte 53 chainring
    Fibre-Lyte 39 chainring
    KCNC chainring bolts
    Specialized Toupe carbon saddle
    Time I-clic carbon pedals
    PlanetX skewers
    PlanetX Ultralight Brakes
    Mt Zoom carbon bottle cages
    Mt Zoom seatclamp
    Lizardskins DSP bartape
    MT zoom seatpost clamp
    Alligator Mini i-link for brakes
    Campagnolo cables for gears
    Gigantex rims, Novatec hubs, Sapim CXray spokes
    Veloflex Carbon tyres

That's all I think.

191641.jpg

Bigger size pic.

I have a little problem with the front shifting that I have to work out, sometimes the chain ends in the middle between the chainrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have a little problem with the front shifting that I have to work out, sometimes the chain ends in the middle between the chainrings.
    You may have your cable routed slightly wrong on the FD.
    I believe the cable is supposed to right over the mech and be pointing out (away from the bike) if you get me.

How are the rings holding up. Mileage on them?

bcmf wrote: »
    You may have your cable routed slightly wrong on the FD.
    I believe the cable is supposed to right over the mech and be pointing out (away from the bike) if you get me.

How are the rings holding up. Mileage on them?

Not really, you mean the cable should be pointing towards the cranks let's say? What difference that would make if the tension is correct on the FD?

I haven't really touched this bike since I sold the other wheels in summer, mileage is pretty low, around 500-600kms I would say, maybe less. They are still like new.

What I mean is - as the cable comes up from your BB to your mech (between the seattube and mech) when you route it at the mech the cable should go all the way up and over so ends up pointing directly away from the bike.
    In the pic you seem to have it about three quarters of the way there.
    With me?

Its apparently a quirk between the way the lever releases the cable and the way the mech is designed. The 11 speed afaik was totally re-designed so normal rules may not apply.

• Advertisement

Not getting you :D

Here is another pic. Can you draw a red line on how you think it should go?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What he's saying is you need to clamp more of the cable.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

How're you going to add weight to it before races? Saddle bag?;)

lowres_IMG_2510_Right_Cable_Route.jpg
    This way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Should've gone for Shimano....

Ah.. now it's crystal clear. Thanks bcmf, I ll try that.
    How're you going to add weight to it before races? Saddle bag?;)

Water bottles and my magic weapon: Effeto Espresso :D

RobFowl wrote: »
    Should've gone for Shimano....

1264368590910.jpg

RobFowl wrote: »
    Should've gone for ****mano....
    He is a true European. Why would he do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@ Astra - will you do the Raid on that bike? Will you keep that 53/39 or go compact - or is that bike just for racing?

ROK ON wrote: »
    @ Astra - will you do the Raid on that bike? Will you keep that 53/39 or go compact - or is that bike just for racing?

I am hoping to do it on this with 53/39 and 29 on the back. It will depend if I could carry another set of wheels in the van in case of serious tub feckup. It will also depends how racing and training will go. We have a few months ahead of us to decide that but that's the plan so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Here she is again. 6.38kgs, I was hoping for less.. but it was starting to turn to stupid money per gram after this.

191639.jpg

I think the word I'm trying to spell is something like.... nnnnggggggnnnnnnaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr ..... I might have missed a 'r' though.

Advertisement