Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The drop from seat to bars seems extreme. Do you really cycle in that position?

Looks fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭byebye

dsc00209pf.jpgWork in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Edit - the above refers to my own bike. The pics you posted are just gorgeous. My thunder well and truly stolen! ;)

Ha ha ha - sorry man!

The thing is, it's not that different - course the zipps are lovely, but it's just that little splash of red in the frame that makes a difference, and then the red hoods, the red and white saddle, and the white tape were his own touches. Little things like bottle cages even and the little red decal on the sram levers - they can make a big difference to the overall .... ensemble :D

But yeah, some seasonal shades, maybe a matching handbag and the right belt and you'll be all set for the N81 catwalk. Lets move this to the fashion forum shall we :D. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Miyata 610 Tourer

WBsN2h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sorry about the crappy photo - my camera's playing up.

It's a Felt F1 SL frame with original carbon finishing kit (all bought off Transporting of this parish) with my own Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels, a new Ultegra groupset and Keo 2 Max carbon pedals. Haven't taken it for a proper spin yet but the run home from town suggests it's an excellent ride. Haven't a clue what it weighs in at but it's not a lot.

Oh Man, you've completely undersold the bike with a poor photo! Can't wait to see it in the flesh. No doubt I'll be viewing the seat stays tootling off into the distance in the season to come :) I can bet it's a rocket om the road.

Red bottle cages is a good idea from a previous poster.

Does she have a name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Think I'll go with the red bottle cages alright. No name but my wife commented, as she saw me rubbing away a non-existant blemish, that they had left out the "Up" from the brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

I've always loved this bike, and now its mine!

IMG_2857.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Pic of my new Trek Madone 4.5, via the BTW scheme:
    6751868227_7573020721_b.jpg
    • 2011 Trek Madone 4.5 frame, 54cm size.
    • Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels.
    • Shimano 105 compact chainset.
    • Shimano 105 shifters.
    • Shimano dual platform/MTB spd pedals (it's for the bike to work after all ;) ).
    • Continental GP4000s tyres.
    • Bontrager fitment kit - saddle will most likely be changed.
    • Bontrager Node 2 computer, with the duotrap sensor and HRM.
    • Shimano 105 front brake, Tiagra rear brake.
    • Cateye front LED light.
    • 2 rear LED lights, one bright, the other flashing.
    • Crudguard Raceguard mudguards.

120kms cycled already on it, I've swapped out the Vittoria Rubaix Pro 20mm tyres that were on it for the Continental GP4000s as per the pic - huge difference in grip and my confidence as a result. A little bit more comfortable as a result as well.
    I've also got Ultegra 6700 brakes en route - I know that the pull ratio is different but that is something I can adjust to. The rear brakes are crap, and I know that I can improve the front brakes. I'll have to clean off the Mavic rims when I get the new calipers, and I'll have to bed them in again properly. Coming from 200mm Stroker Trail disk brakes on the off-road bike I know the road brakes will not be as good, but they are currently not good enough to lock the tyres.
    It's a whole new ballgame, being out on the road bike. More spins needed! I know one thing for sure though - if I'm ever slow it'll never be because of the bike..

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Nice bike there. Just a note - locking out a wheel on a road bike at speed will disintegrate the tyre to scrap, at least it did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Dubba wrote: »
    Nice bike there. Just a note - locking out a wheel on a road bike at speed will disintegrate the tyre to scrap, at least it did for me.
    Thanks!
    Good point re: locking up on the road - but for me it's important to be able to grab that deep in the brakes that I'm just short of locking out, as that's where the best braking is. If I can't get to that point then I know that I am missing the ability to brake better and take advantage of the extra grip on the GP4000s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Picked up my Orbea Slt yesterday from Staggs in Lucan. Couldnt be happier with the bike and the service that I received out there. I had opened a thread on what I should go for a few months back so would like to thank everyone who gave their opinions.

Well here she is with a full Ultegra set up.

Let me know what you guys think ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Picked up my Orbea Slt yesterday from Staggs in Lucan. Couldnt be happier with the bike and the service that I received out there. I had opened a thread on what I should go for a few months back so would like to thank everyone who gave their opinions.

Well here she is with a full Ultegra set up.

Very nice. I'm sure I saw the bike in the flesh in Jimmy's a few days ago, very well finished off!

Thanks gman2k , yes its very possible was to collect it earlier in the week and didn't get a chance. Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

savage looking bike first time i seen one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

@BUACHAILL. Yep, I saw your bike in there last Friday, I think. Real looker. Some serious shapes going on with the carbon alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TopCat01

Very nice Buachaill, so lovely detail on the frame!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

My first Build

picture.php?albumid=1998&pictureid=11860

Nery nice Rita.
    A lot of people seem to be finishing up their builds recently, must get mine done!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

Cheers, I haven't got out on it yet, but soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Should be ready to roll by the weekend:

2012-02-02%252010.16.03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭JonDoe

I call this one "Mid Life Crisis"

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Looks nice Dave, Whacha putting on it?

Love my SL3

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

JonDoe wrote: »

WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

JonDoe wrote: »

I was always very interested to read first hand stories about the slingshot.. so.. what is it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

Thats a serious machine ,I seen it staggs aswell. The frame looks crazy strong.
    All the best from it and good luck with the training:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

New ride all ready to go. Got a bargain on a brand new 2008 Scott Addict R1 - 6.4kg with pedals

Better bottle cages are on the way :D

Thanks for all the nice words folks much appreciated. Kinda wasted on me but sure feck it ye only live once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Thanks for all the nice words folks much appreciated. Kinda wasted on me but sure feck it ye only live once
    Nonsense! It's a lovely bike. There's a few Orcas in the area now. Enjoy it. See you about if you're a member of the cycling club.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Idleater wrote: »
    Nonsense! It's a lovely bike. There's a few Orcas in the area now. Enjoy it. See you about if you're a member of the cycling club.

I don't think BUACHAILL is saying anything bad about the bike. I think what he means is that his own abilities may not measure up. :)

• Advertisement

Fcek abilities, its your bike for your enjoyment. You're dead right, you only live once (I've been using a similar mantra to justify the cost of my build :o )

Advertisement